PDA

View Full Version : How long?

AZKC
07-22-2003, 03:36 PM
:D Can ya/should ya run a motor on the water hose(at home) if the motor and jet are connected. Wanting to get some time on mine before the weekend trip.
KC

Jungle Boy
07-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Bare minimum is remove your impeller, better yet, remove the drive shaft. If you don't the wear ring and impeller will get damaged.

wineguy069
07-22-2003, 03:49 PM
I have a panther and have heard both you can and can't..... I understand that the panther doesn't have a wear ring and is lubed on both ends of the shaft making it ok.... Don't know about Berks.
I see you are from Tucson, I grew up there and will be back in the neighborhood the first two weeks of August..

Taylorman
07-22-2003, 03:50 PM
I do it all the time with no problem. I don't see why everyone says not to.

Moneypitt
07-22-2003, 03:57 PM
I've ran Berkley, jacuzzi, and bayjet jets in the driveway for years. I always plumb them so the garden hose also puts some water in to the jet bowl, and have never had a problem. The one thing driveway testing can do, is allow water from the headers to enter the motor, as the hose pressure doesn't stop when the motor does. I always try to turn the water hose off before I shut off the motor.... Moneypitt

sidewound
07-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Duane at HTP told me, NEVER, NO, DON'T DO IT, NOT EVER, NOT EVEN FOR 5 SECONDS. NO NO NO!!!! What if I put water in the pump from a hose? NO DON'T DO IT!
"Many people don't know how good their pumps could be." He even covers the intake on his boats while on the trailer to avoid contaminating the unit with road crap. NEVER RUN THE ULTIMATE WEAR RING OUT OF THE WATER.THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Even if your not running the ultimate I wouldnt do it. Get my drift KC? Pump is as important as the power plant. All must be kept A-1
P.S. Broke in my cam tonight. Sounded BITCHIN!!Big wood here.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

AZKC
07-22-2003, 05:46 PM
wineguy069:
I have a panther and have heard both you can and can't..... I understand that the panther doesn't have a wear ring and is lubed on both ends of the shaft making it ok.... Don't know about Berks.
I see you are from Tucson, I grew up there and will be back in the neighborhood the first two weeks of August.. Cool I also have a Panther, and your from town. When your down here maybe we can hook up for a cocktail :D Ever been down to the Elgin area to ck out their wine? Not a big wine guy but its cool when its local.
KC
[ July 22, 2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

AZKC
07-22-2003, 05:52 PM
I see this is quite the double edge sword, we may have to take this to higher powers smile_sp wheres HB and Chet :D j/k performance guys say no, recreation guys say sure why not. Time to call my builder, Jim where the hell you at :cool:
KC

AZKC
07-23-2003, 09:14 AM
This just in.....Talked to the guys at Panther and they say 6-8 minutes max due to a non lubed water seal. And you can only due it once every couple of hours, you have to let things cool down.
And he confirmed that you should not run those other "off brands" at all. :D
KC

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2003, 09:22 AM
AZKC:
This just in.....Talked to the guys at Panther and they say 6-8 minutes max due to a non lubed water seal. And you can only due it once every couple of hours, you have to let things cool down.
And he confirmed that you should not run those other "off brands" at all. :D
KC Good info AZKC. Always ran my Jacuzzi with water going into bowl as little as possible. Never had problems. Still will do the same with my Panther. Good to know you got a little more time to work with though. Good 'ole Panthers. Gotta love 'em. Now if they would just get some goddamn aftermarket stuff for them. :D :D
HOOTER