PDA

View Full Version : I tunes repair question...

maxwedge
10-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Anyone have any tips for fixing a non functioning i-tunes program? No idea what happened, but when I click to open i-tunes I get a message that says "Action is only valid for programs that are currently installed". I clicked on the "repair" function, but that didn't seem to do anything usefull. According to my computer i-tunes is still installed, but I can't seem to access it. I gonna be seriously pissed if I lost all those songs. If I remove and re-install i-tunes, I assume the downloads are history? Is there a way to re-load them, without paying again?

voodoomedman
10-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Anyone have any tips for fixing a non functioning i-tunes program? No idea what happened, but when I click to open i-tunes I get a message that says "Action is only valid for programs that are currently installed". I clicked on the "repair" function, but that didn't seem to do anything usefull. According to my computer i-tunes is still installed, but I can't seem to access it. I gonna be seriously pissed if I lost all those songs. If I remove and re-install i-tunes, I assume the downloads are history? Is there a way to re-load them, without paying again?
Try just downloading the new version from Apple. It should install over the same directory and keep all your current settings. If that doesn't work you can uninstall I-tunes and then download the new fresh version and then it definitely should work. Erasing I-tunes shouldn't erase your music library as that is in another directory and not part of the program. If for some reason you do lose your music then you can download IPodRip or a similar program off of the internet and then use it to pull the songs off the Ipod itself and back onto the computer and then your new version of I-tunes will find them. Shouldn't be necessary though.

voodoomedman
10-30-2007, 05:48 AM
I just looked at my detailed explanation and thought of this.........
You better not be fooling and talking about an imaginary IPod!!! :D:D:D

maxwedge
10-30-2007, 06:08 AM
I just looked at my detailed explanation and thought of this.........
You better not be fooling and talking about an imaginary IPod!!! :D:D:D
Actually I really don't own an i-pod, although I have been meaning to buy one for a couple years now. I mostly just listen to the songs on my computer or burn them to CD the old school way. I guess I will try re-loading, but if that doesn't work, I'm sending my wife to kick your ass.:D