PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if Havaskank's house is ok

sleekcraft80
10-30-2007, 07:37 AM
I am curious because the fire went thru Running Springs

Mrs.Racer277
10-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Some of the folks on ISL have heard from her. Not sure if her home made it or not??

yopengo
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
I am curious because the fire went thru Running Springs
I hope her home is okay. It is a mess up there. :(

HavaSkank
10-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Im alive and well, thanks for your concern :)
My house is standing, however I was told to expect extensive smoke damage, considering my neighborhood took a major hit. I would image the meat in my freezers are now bloody gravy on my kitchen and garage floors. Im getting hungry just thinkin' bout it.
Im sick to death of being a refugee. I've stayed with family and friends at their insistance, however I checked into the Hilton yesterday in an attempt to salvage my limited sanity. I was told we'll be allowed to go home on Thurs at 6am...which is good, because I think I've gained 50 pounds in alcohol intake alone. Im ready for my life to return to "normal."

yopengo
10-30-2007, 08:02 AM
My house is standing, however I was told to expect extensive smoke damage, considering my neighborhood took a major hit. I would image the meat in my freezers are now bloody gravy on my kitchen and garage floors. Im getting hungry just thinkin' bout it.
Im sick to death of being a refugee. I've stayed with family and friends at their insistance, however I checked into the Hilton yesterday in an attempt to salvage my limited sanity. I was told we'll be allowed to go home on Thurs at 6am...which is good, because I think I've gained 50 pounds in alcohol intake alone. Im ready for my life to return to "normal."
Glad to hear you and your home are okay. Just cook up some of that rotten meat and it will get rid of the smoke smell. :D

Baja Big Dog
10-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Hell girl...could have stayed at my house, cheap booze, and bad food, and you would only have had to mow the lawn twice!!:D

meaniam
10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
THEY ARE OPENING RUNNING SPRINGS UP TOMORROW BETWEEN 9AM AND 5PM. SO PEOPLE CAN CHECK ON THINGS. CLEAN FRIDGES OUT AND AIR THE HOUSES OUT. where in springs are you. we have family on edison, the end of hunsacker, palo alto and encina?

Debbolas
10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
"Clean the smoke out of your house"Party at Havaskanks this weekend?
:D

lalhc
10-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Im alive and well, thanks for your concern
I'm glad to hear everything is OK w/your house. Lorrie left me a message this morning saying her & Dave were heading up Thurs morning. Let me know if you need help with anything. We returned home Sunday night and everything was OK. Our power didn't go out and no smoke damage.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Glad to hear it's still standing. As for the freezer :yuk: I'll remember that if I'm ever evacuated to toss all that in the dumpster if I have time. Does insurance pay for smoke damage? It seems like it should. You have to repaint and get new furniture, curtains and bedding it seems. That would be quite a hit to the pocketbook.

Dave C
10-30-2007, 03:43 PM
good to see its still standing... I hope all the "power tools" are still in working order....

RitcheyRch
10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Glad to hear you are well and the house is still there.

HavaSkank
10-30-2007, 06:09 PM
THEY ARE OPENING RUNNING SPRINGS UP TOMORROW BETWEEN 9AM AND 5PM.... where in springs are you. we have family on edison, the end of hunsacker, palo alto and encina?
The Wed opening is only for the people who lost their homes. You have to show a utility bill with your address that matches their master loss list, which means I dont get to go up until Thurs morning.
Im in the neighborhood behind CHP & the firestation. The area you describe took a pretty major hit. I hope your family's house was spared :(

HavaSkank
10-30-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm glad to hear everything is OK w/your house. Lorrie left me a message this morning saying her & Dave were heading up Thurs morning. Let me know if you need help with anything. We returned home Sunday night and everything was OK. Our power didn't go out and no smoke damage.
We evacuated with my daughter's bf's family, the Grangers. We were watching TV and saw their house on fire (on Modoc). Kind of a shitty way to learn your life has been forever altered.
Thanks for the help offer, but I think me and the mutant-offspring will be able to tackle it. We're pretty enthusiastic about returning home so it's pretty safe to assume we'll be in high gear cleaning/airing the place out.
I have a doggie door and when the dog isnt home raccoons host a rave in my house. They enjoy my toilets. Im sure there will be a 1/4 inch of dirt at the bottom of every bowl. It's as if they give eachother 'swirlies' or use it as a hottub. This mess, on top of the smoke odor and fermenting meat, are expected and I dont really give a shit. I HAVE a house to return home to. For that I feel truly blessed.

HavaSkank
10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
good to see its still standing... I hope all the "power tools" are still in working order....
Come on now...I packed the essentials, tax returns, insurance documents, bank statements, photo albums and double headed dildos.

sanger rat
10-30-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm sure a utility bill was on the list of things to take with you on the way out the door.:confused: WTF? Glad your house is ok.:)

HavaSkank
10-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Hell girl...could have stayed at my house, cheap booze, and bad food, and you would only have had to mow the lawn twice!!:D
"Mow the lawn"...is that what the kids are calling it these days?

YeLLowBoaT
10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear it's still standing. As for the freezer :yuk: I'll remember that if I'm ever evacuated to toss all that in the dumpster if I have time. Does insurance pay for smoke damage? It seems like it should. You have to repaint and get new furniture, curtains and bedding it seems. That would be quite a hit to the pocketbook.
If you have fire ins, yes it does, if you don't have fire, chances are no.
depending on how bad it is, you may not have to repaint( if you have any Qs just shoot me a PM, I do alot of fire work), its a good chance that carpet and all fabrics will have to go.

Daytona100
10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Great news your house is still standing. Good luck to you and your offspring Offer up a BBQ and beer cleanup party and you.ll get squared away in no time. Good luck Mike

Riverkid
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
The Wed opening is only for the people who lost their homes. You have to show a utility bill with your address that matches their master loss list, which means I dont get to go up until Thurs morning.
Im in the neighborhood behind CHP & the firestation. The area you describe took a pretty major hit. I hope your family's house was spared :(
We've been up there the last week. CHP and the station all look good. Lots of fire and smoke spreading from small ground fires that didn't get into the trees. I think my truck has smoke damage... I'm up there every day. Let me know if you need anything.

91nordic29
10-31-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm sure a utility bill was on the list of things to take with you on the way out the door.:confused: WTF? Glad your house is ok.:)
That is what I was thinking.:idea:

HavaSkank
10-31-2007, 07:16 AM
We've been up there the last week. CHP and the station all look good. Lots of fire and smoke spreading from small ground fires that didn't get into the trees. I think my truck has smoke damage... I'm up there every day. Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks mang :) :)

Ziggy
10-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Best of everything to you K...you are one of the lucky ones

Riverkid
10-31-2007, 06:02 PM
The Forest Service said they would be having extra dumpsters available for "food spoils" on the info boards today. Huge amount of contractors up there today.
I'm still wondering why it takes 4 CHP cars at every road closure?...
I've got trucks up there with lift gates if you just want to chuck the whole fridge...