PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Worlds article in new issue

Xerophobic
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Im a little confused as to what happened with this article in the recent ***boat.
I was asked by Franks photography to write the article to go along with his awesome photography and glady agree'd. I thought it would be great to give an inside story to the race from both a first time perspective and a racers perspective.
Whats the typical process for this stuff cause the article is listed as "written" by someone else and the photo credits are wrong etc?? not to mention half the facts are incorrect!
Anyone know how this type of thing typically works?
Cheers

Squirtcha?
10-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Whats the typical process for this stuff cause the article is listed as "written" by someone else and the photo credits are wrong etc?? not to mention half the facts are incorrect!
Anyone know how this type of thing typically works?
Cheers
I can't say from first hand experience. I've only had one picture of my ride and a brief mention in the magazine. They got everything right that time (type of hull, power, where from, name etc.)
According to some others it's not always the case though.

Xerophobic
10-30-2007, 03:51 PM
This article is all over the map from the two top racers being credited for the photography (lol) to a good portion of the information on the race details not even making much sense
I guess im just dissapointed that something I put alot of time into got cut way down(which is almost to be expected) and altered to the point it really changes the story. Be interesting to see how this is handled. My name is not mentioned anywhere nor is the actual photographers which is a real shame after you have seen how great his shots were, and they used a ton of them.
Cheers