PDA

View Full Version : Best Exaust Tip/muffler Combo

H20MOFO
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I dunno is there such a thing? preferably detachable(muffler)

RIVERTIME247
10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
CHECK THESE OUT
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=silencers-main&gclid=CP3BroCSuI8CFQgZhgod6W94WQ

SmokinLowriderSS
10-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Thru-transom headers. :D

H20MOFO
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Seems like the "stuff in" mufflers wouldn't work to good with with the flappers in there ,I guess I should just buy some tips with mufflers and get it over with. Smokinss is there something humorous about tt bassetts? What tips are you runnin?(or anyone)

brad22
10-31-2007, 04:56 PM
What Horsepower are you running?

H20MOFO
10-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Acording to the chart only 470, b impeller 5300 r's. I havn't been hassled since i switched to tt's. But it sure would suck traveling somewhere to have leo f-up your day. I'm riggin a new ride and lookin for tips. Thanks Kreg also I'm hopin to add more hp sooner or later(aren't we all):D

Danhercules
11-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I am using some of the Gibson clamp on mufflers. They work awsome IMO. No RPM loss on my 400 HP motor. I have not taken them off my 528 CU Ford yet, but my motor spinns to 6k with them on. They are very quiet on idle and sound great at speed. I highly recommend them.

H20MOFO
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks dan. I was lookin through my Eddie catalogue and they had some switchable ones. BTW where do you get the Gibsons?

brad22
11-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Acording to the chart only 470, b impeller 5300 r's. I havn't been hassled since i switched to tt's. But it sure would suck traveling somewhere to have leo f-up your day. I'm riggin a new ride and lookin for tips. Thanks Kreg also I'm hopin to add more hp sooner or later(aren't we all):D
I think clamp-ons are your best bet. Hardin Marine makes some nice clamp ons that work great. Check them out here. (http://www.hardin-marine.com/SearchResult~CategoryID~102.aspx) Good luck.

SmokinLowriderSS
11-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Seems like the "stuff in" mufflers wouldn't work to good with with the flappers in there ,I guess I should just buy some tips with mufflers and get it over with. Smokinss is there something humorous about tt bassetts? What tips are you runnin?(or anyone)
I am running 4" stainless steel slash-cut tips from CP Perf., shorties, no mufflers (none needed since my exhaust is submerged at idle).
Nothing humerous about TT bassets at all, (just that my answer does NOT include insert mufflets of any sort, and none likely needed) I wish my budget would have let me get SS Tri-Y's instead of Lightnings, but I cannot complain about the 50HP Lightnings found for me.

H20MOFO
11-03-2007, 07:05 AM
I kinda figured that's where you were comin from ss. The last thime I was hassled was in wyoming(flaming gorge) and when I asked the leo what the decebile limit was and was it at idle bla bla. He responded no mufflers= ticket, mufflers=no ticket.

jetboatperformance
11-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Kreg ,wev'e been very happy with these on our family boat ,never been hassled for noise The tips are easily inserted for mufflers Tom
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Eliminator%20V-drive/MVC-038S.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Eliminator%20V-drive/Swimsteps-03.jpg

H20MOFO
11-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks Tom and everyone. Noise is also on my ol ladys hit list of why she doesn't like our current boat. Maybe some mufflers will "quiet" her and the boat.:D

1968Droptop
11-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Kreg, my TT's are surprisingly quiet inside the boat, behind it is another story :sqeyes: . I think a nice set of jacketed headers would be a great start. If needed you can add the clamp on's, but I doubt you'll want them. A lot of my buddies have been hassled with OT's, yet they're boats are quieter than mine. The TT's are the ticket, you look like your making an effort to keep the noise down. Making an atempt to be lawful goes a long way when Johnny Law starts sniffen around.
The clamp on's can easily be stored in your boat. If the Ol Lady or Johnny Law starts hassling you, just install them.

H20MOFO
11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks Chris. Speaking of jacketed headers I have some dumb questions for anyone. With jacketed headers is an o2 sensor do-able? And if reversion is an issue, do they help?(compared to injected tt's)

BrendellaJet
11-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks Chris. Speaking of jacketed headers I have some dumb questions for anyone. With jacketed headers is an o2 sensor do-able? And if reversion is an issue, do they help?(compared to injected tt's)
An o2 sensor may be doable, but would require some work because you would have to cut through the water jacket to get to the exhaust pipe. You would have to cut a larger hole in the outer pipe to give the welder room to get around the bung, and then fab a piece to close up the bigger hole on the water jacket pipe.

H20MOFO
11-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks brendellajet. Wouldn't it be nice if someone made a set already done(built in 02's).

1968Droptop
11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks brendellajet. Wouldn't it be nice if someone made a set already done(built in 02's).
Call Lightning and ask, I think they can.

SmokinLowriderSS
11-03-2007, 06:55 PM
On my Lightnings, there is a bung already in the driver's side aft (#7) tube. I do not use it, so Rectorseal #7 seals a brass plug in there. I think they can be ordered with them. I bought mine used.
I would think they would be much better on reversion since the water comes in in the collector only, at least 3 or 4 inches BELOW the top of the arch of the tubes. Measured down the tube, that's at least 6 to 8 inches of dry pipe going downhill.
I have no problem, but my total duration is only 280*.