PDA

View Full Version : What do you take to the river with you?

HPBoats83
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm talking about stuff for the boat. Do you bring extra parts for the boat, (Oil, Impeller, etc...) tools? What do you have handy that you either bring on the boat and / or leave in the truck?

Havasu Hangin'
10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Blower belts and extra Grey Goose.

MR.rvrluvr
10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I bring the boat, booze, Ice, booze, Ice, booze, and the wife..:D :D :D

RitcheyRch
10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Boat, girlfriend and the weenie dogs.

squirt'nmyload
10-30-2007, 06:59 PM
for the boat, i usually have basic tools, fuses, a head lamp, wire ties, duct tape and a jump box. the only thing i've ever needed was a flat head screwdriver and someone has used everything else :)

77charger
10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
basic tools in plastic fold up tool box 20 dollar ace hardware special(if you need more than that you have serious problems),prop nut,washer spacer thingy, prop,spark plug or 2,3 ft of wire,also have an alternator but thats usually in truck or camp.

purrfecttremor
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I just bring a boat biatch:D

HocusPocus
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
the wife and kids.. her parents and usually some nieces, nephews, cousins.. etc.. etc. a small tool box, lots of water, sunscreen and some snacks. thats about it.

squirt'nmyload
10-30-2007, 08:39 PM
YOWL, I guess I have serious problems cuz I bring the entire top of my large rollaway and the the top of my small rollaway that is just parts. An fittings, hose, head, blower,intake, exhaust gaskets, fuelpump, filters, electrical connections,etc. The dually always has the floor jack, flood lights, jump cables, spare battery, 75 gallons of 110 gas, spare tire, spare trailer wheel bearings, grease gun, oil.
Then the important stuff-> LARGE ice chest, ass't soda pop, couple of cameras, female if there's room( you can always find a stand in ).
That don't include the boat cuz it's already down there.
Rio
ps...kitchen sink...:D
gawd damn....thats alot of shit!!....you must run a chevy :D

socalmoney
10-30-2007, 08:47 PM
gawd damn....thats alot of shit!!....you must run a chevy :D
That made me chuckle

MBlaster
10-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Don't forget the dive mask.;)

Run_em_Hard
10-31-2007, 05:12 AM
I bring a nice tool kit with a good variety. Some various spare parts, blower belts, pulleys, 10qts of oil, some octane boost, jump starter, prop wrench, rags, power steering fliud, outdrive oil, cleaning products, DVD's.........:D

justfloatn
10-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Don't forget the dive mask.;)
lol, I had to buy one of those one time at the bait shop / store.
I dropped the keys to the truck. FOOOOCKK!! I think the mask is still under a seat somewhere.
I have a small tool set, oil, drive oil, p/s fluid, fuses, impeller, and the factory 3 blade. I hit a submerged tree at the river once in my old boat. Started carrying a prop and now I haven’t hit a thing in 9 years.

ratso
10-31-2007, 06:36 AM
A Tow Rope usually comes in handy...;)
Cooler without alcohol
Anchor
Cell Phone
A Few Tools

Jerrys59
10-31-2007, 06:51 AM
Just my Sea Tow membership card! :D

hkunz
10-31-2007, 07:37 AM
What's with the blower belts? Is the something I should know, being a new blower-motor owner? Or do you guys just like to change them on the water instead of in the garage?

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2007, 07:57 AM
What's with the blower belts? Is the something I should know, being a new blower-motor owner? Or do you guys just like to change them on the water instead of in the garage?
A broken blower belt (like a broken serpentine belt) can ruin your day. You really don't have much warning, unless you want to change them often.
I also carry a prop wrench, block of wood, and spare props.

boatnam2
10-31-2007, 08:30 AM
tow rope,usally up river from camp so i just float back or to the bar.If i boated havasu or a lake i would carry a prop,rubber hose,wire,small tool box.

Dave C
10-31-2007, 08:35 AM
VISA CARD, small tool box w/ assorted essentials, jumper cables, drive oil, prop wrench, lug nut wrench and several different size blocks of wood (1 for prop and 2 big ass blocks that act as "jacks" for tandem axles ;) )
If you look closely at your junk, you have to carry less tools than you think.... I did an inventory of hardware once and I came up with a few essentials. For example you can hit 95% of hardware with a 5/16, 9/16 & 3/4 wrenchs or sockets & 2 screwdrivers. Then channel-locks, wire cutters & crimpers, pliers, needlenose are always helpful. sometimes a big filter wrench is handy. A large prybar or screwdriver for the damn water pump.
If all else fails carry an adjustable combo wrench and 2 screwdrivers ;)

maxwedge
10-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Its good to have duct tape and an assortment of wenches, just in case. :D

vee-driven
10-31-2007, 08:40 AM
tools, braided lines and fittings, wire, props, and an extra BBC blower motor cuz i got it like that. lol

welk2party
10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Assorted tools, high temp tape, spare prop, fuses, oil, volt meter, rags, cleaning products.

Run_em_Hard
10-31-2007, 09:24 AM
You just never know when one is going to give out. Smart to cary an extra.

AZJD
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Ipod, camera, smokes, lighters, bandana, .45, tums, and spare sunglasses!

2Driver
10-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Small tool kit, good First Aid kit, Porta-jumper, Diving mask.
20 years carrying a diving mask I finally had a need for it 2 weekends ago. My wife and kid were paddling a raft and dropped my good collapsible ( and sinklable) aluminum boat paddle mid cove. Wes would have been proud of me. :D

Froggystyle
10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Small tool kit, good First Aid kit, Porta-jumper, Diving mask.
20 years carrying a diving mask I finally had a need for it 2 weekends ago. My wife and kid were paddling a raft and dropped my good collapsible ( and sinklable) aluminum boat paddle mid cove. Wes would have been proud of me. :D
Not Humbug I hope!
I tried getting to the bottom of that this spring and couldn't manage anything but a touch and go...
Pretty deep...

HPBoats83
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I just bring a small tool kit from Autozone, an impeller, serpentine belt, spare optima, fuses for stereo, rags, and the quick cleaner.
James

2Driver
10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Not Humbug I hope!
I tried getting to the bottom of that this spring and couldn't manage anything but a touch and go...
Pretty deep...
No way. It was pilot rock cove in Havi. Real clear and not too deep. Zero visz creeps me out. I think I am going back with the spear gun in 08, it was pretty nice diving around there.

squirt'nmyload
10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Not Humbug I hope!
Pretty deep...
you should go out there now....25-30ft at the most
and i forgot i usually have a test light in my tool bag also :)

AZJD
10-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh yeah, loose women in slutty bikinis too!:D

River Lynchmob
10-31-2007, 04:54 PM
A couple pairs of board shorts :D almost thing everything I need is in my garage which is about 100' from the dock. Plus the launch ramp is 4 doors down so I'm pretty much set. just roll to the store first thing in the morn to grab the essential perrishables and BOOZE and don't leave again for the weekend.

Fast Freddy
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
i bring lots of condoms and lots of beads. i leave the clothes at home

Instigators
10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah, loose women in slutty bikinis too!:D
That's true. The assortment is always Great.Why do you think we raft with you?:D

Sleeper CP
10-31-2007, 08:41 PM
YOWL, I guess I have serious problems cuz I bring the entire top of my large rollaway and the the top of my small rollaway that is just parts. An fittings, hose, head, blower,intake, exhaustgaskets, fuelpump, filters, electrical connections,etc. The dually always has the floor jack, flood lights, jump cables, spare battery, 75 gallons of 110 gas, spare tire, spare trailer wheel bearings, grease gun, oil.
Then the important stuff-> LARGE ice chest, ass't soda pop, couple of cameras, female if there's room( you can always find a stand in ).
Rio
ps...kitchen sink...:D
Ditto: Boy do I know the feeling:D
I saw this thread last night and blew past it. Basically it's a ditto to Rio's post sans the head, blower and intake and trailer wheel bearings. It's 30-45 gallons of gas plus the boat being full instead of 75-100. But you can add 2-4 Nitrous bottles and various nitrous system parts, extra Dizzy, MSD box, extra valve springs, extra Carb and carb part,at least one if not two extra intake grates, starter,Snap-on timing light, Radar Gun. Have changed out the Dizzy on the river a couple of times and valves springs too.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

ElimJimsOtherHalf
11-03-2007, 01:23 AM
One strange occurrence, we lost a plug after we were out in the water!