PDA

View Full Version : Sliding rear window in your truck?

Mandelon
10-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Locked my keys in the truck today for the first time in years...It took about 8 seconds to pop the rear slider open with a 7" circular saw blade. :sqeyes:
I just slid it in next to the latch and pried it open. No damage, no noise, no comments from the people watching either. :confused:
I have a chevy now, but was able to do the same thing with my last F-250. :idea:
Anyway, don't think your truck is safe with a stock slider. :(

Riverkid
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Through the power center slider (broke the glass).
That was a nice $700 repair... :(

squirt'nmyload
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
most people that call us with a broken slider want it replaced with a non slider.

YeLLowBoaT
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I've had to do that in the past, I never leave anything in the truck that some one would steal.

Riverkid
10-30-2007, 07:18 PM
most people that call us with a broken slider want it replaced with a non slider.
I use mine every day. I like it.

Not So Fast
10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
In the ignition? Toyotas wont lock with a key in the ignition, and it is a good thing;) What about calling ON STAR, isnt that one of the big advantages:idea: NSF

RiverToysJas
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
About 15 years ago my Toyota was broken into via the rear slider....only they broke it out......little pieces of glass all over the place......for years I was finding little pieces of glass..... :rolleyes:
Bastards took all my cassette tapes.... :mad:
RTJas :D

Riverkid
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
over my new window. Still finding glass... :(

adjones419
10-31-2007, 05:31 AM
I have a slider on my current Chevy, but my next truck won't have one. I never use the damn thing.

Chico&Zeus
10-31-2007, 06:09 AM
My dodge has the power slider, use it all the time in the summer, open it and run the air for a minute or two and it gets all of that lovely Phoenix 165 degree car heat out of there :D

franky
10-31-2007, 06:12 AM
My dodge has the power slider, use it all the time in the summer, open it and run the air for a minute or two and it gets all of that lovely Phoenix 165 degree car heat out of there :D
Yeah, heard it gets hot there:D Also heard you can get 2nd degree burns on your hand just opening the door.

maxwedge
10-31-2007, 06:13 AM
I use mine all the time for carrying 16ft lumber etc, and since the latch is broken off, it's also very convienient when you lock your keys in the truck. Besides I'm secretly hoping somebody steals my factory cassete player.

scarabrick2
10-31-2007, 06:53 AM
Dial, 1 800 onstar
Hello,can I help you?
Unlock my car !
passwoord ?
have a nice day

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-31-2007, 07:03 AM
About 15 years ago my Toyota was broken into via the rear slider....only they broke it out......little pieces of glass all over the place......for years I was finding little pieces of glass..... :rolleyes:
Bastards took all my cassette tapes.... :mad:
RTJas :D
Were able to replace your Billy Squire and Dokken cassettes? :D

Cas
10-31-2007, 07:52 AM
My old truck was broken into via the rear slider also. I left the shell unlocked so he climbed through the back, opened the slider and took a bunch of off the wall stuff......visor organizer but dumped the contents, a mini calculator, the remote for the stereo, a lock back knife and a few other little non essential items. The things left included an Alpine head unit, an Alpine 5 disc cd changer, a case full of cassettes, a case full of cd's, a couple of mag lights, a digi cam, a gps, and a bed full of tools.
My biggest consulation was whoever did it crawled over a bucket with a 16" wood bit sticking up. With the hair and skin found on it, I'm thinking he got a helluva cut :)
My new truck doesn't have the rear slider and I really don't miss it.....yet.

Shreve"T"
10-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Had my truck broken into in Benson AZ through the back slider.. 05 dodge $2000.00 to replace plus the cost of the sterring colum after they tried to pry the ignition... Will never own a slider again.....

maxwedge
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Were able to replace your Billy Squire and Dokken cassettes? :D
Thanks for reminding me I that I own those tapes! SQUIRE ROCKS! After briefly digging through the closet I found my Emotions in Motion tape that I recorded off my brothers record (back in July 3rd of 1985 acrording to the date I wrote on it) wedged right between Whitesnake-Slide it in and the soundtrack to Beverly Hills Cop II. Might as well go see if the cassette player in my truck actually still works.:D

boatnam2
10-31-2007, 08:35 AM
RW suck!

Roaddogg 4040
10-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Had my truck broken into in Benson AZ through the back slider.. 05 dodge $2000.00 to replace plus the cost of the sterring colum after they tried to pry the ignition... Will never own a slider again.....
I broke my 2004 Rear Slider with a BBQ (sliding into it) and it only cost about $300...
Steve

77charger
10-31-2007, 08:48 PM
My old suburban has the sliding rear window one day i was locked out at home both sets of keys inside.Crawled under back of vehicle and founf out which wires go to the electric window after a couple of trys i had it.
I took a spare batt out of garage hooked up a 6 ft wire for hot and used another to attach to bumper to ground.took about 5 minutes total with no damage

Run_em_Hard
11-01-2007, 04:43 AM
If you live in a area where people break into cars often I don't see why you couldn't just put some small round wood/metal bars in the track, kinda like sliding doors in a house.:idea:

brad22
11-01-2007, 11:17 AM
What we did with my slider window on my Chevy was stick some welding rod into the window track so that it would prevent it from sliding. I will eventually replace it with a non-slider though, but the welding rod works great for now.

SoCalHD
11-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Are these same issues happening on the trucks with the power sliders?? Just asking, as the new dually has one........

squirt'nmyload
11-01-2007, 11:20 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: either you didn't shop around or there was only 1 guy in town and he took advantage