PDA

View Full Version : Rockets beat Kobe

Old Texan
10-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Rockets win with late seconds make on 3 pointer. I watched through the mid 2nd quarter and it was basically a "team" vs. 1 man.
I think the fans are booing the wrong person. Buss and his front office ain't supplying much help. Trade him and start over or get him some help. Y'all got what looks like a long year ahead if the opener is any indication.
Houston LA
Points T. McGrady 30 K. Bryant 45
Rebounds Y. Ming 12 K. Bryant 8
Assists R. Alston 8 K. Bryant 4
Steals B. Wells 3 K. Bryant 4
Blocks Y. Ming 3 K. Bryant 1

totenhosen
10-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Bynum looked horrible last night. He looked intimidated, taking fade away jump shoots every time he shot the ball.

dmontzsta
10-31-2007, 07:37 AM
The Lakers missed 18 FTs. That's an out of shape team.
I agree. They seemed to completely fade out during the middle of the game, no energy. They actually had that game in the bag, few more FTs, had Luke not made an own basket and it was a win. They did not do too bad, for how crappy they played. They definitely are missing Odom, he is the second best player on that team, he can actually create offense.

totenhosen
10-31-2007, 07:43 AM
I agree. They seemed to completely fade out during the middle of the game, no energy. They actually had that game in the bag, few more FTs, had Luke not made an own basket and it was a win. They did not do too bad, for how crappy they played. They definitely are missing Odom, he is the second best player on that team, he can actually create offense.
Rockets played pretty crappy as well. I loved the fans booing Kobe at the beginning.

Cole Trickle
10-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Lakers are gonna be terrible:(
I wish Kobe wouldn't have gone to the media like he di but I can't blame him for being pissed.
They will be lucky to make the post season with Kobe and his 35 points a game. They accomplished absolutely nothing (I like Fisher back) over the off season and have a team that is gonna be whooped by all the other teams in the west.
Odom isn't gonna do anything but put up 15/10 he is an amazing player with no heart or killer instinct.
Kobe has 4-6 years left on his legs and they are rebuilding with arguably the best player in the league. I wouldn't want to keep my mouth shut and go out and get beat up every night for nothing.
I hope they trade him so atleast he has a chance to compete. Guaranteed Michael Jordan would have been singing the same song if he had won those first 3 championships and than been on a loosing team for the last 8 years of his carreer.
I feel bad for Phill Jackson as well. He would be a fool to resign again with the lakers.

Cole Trickle
10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Rockets played pretty crappy as well. I loved the fans booing Kobe at the beginning.
Loved that they booed the only guy on the floor worth paying to see? Or the fact that they booed a guy that put up 45/8/5/1 banged up.
I think he will look good in a chicago uniform:)

totenhosen
10-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Loved that they booed the only guy on the floor worth paying to see? Or the fact that they booed a guy that put up 45/8/5/1 banged up.
I think he will look good in a chicago uniform:)
Doesn't matter how good he is. He went about it all wrong. I think this article by Kenny Smith sums it up pretty well.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ks-kobe102207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
1. Never talk about being underpaid so you can be traded. No one cares about a millionaire needing more money. The cheddar breeds jealousy.
2. Never let anyone know how much you want to go. You have to move in silence. When you make a splash about being traded, you get no sympathy from fans or teammates.
3. Never trust the press. If you think you're talking off the record, think again. The media will only complicate your demands and also put out false rumors.
4. Never diss your teammates. Just because you want out doesn't mean you take the team out on the way out. The worst thing to say is you want to leave because the team needs help. Your present teammates will say, "Well, if you're that good, then why don't you carry us while your future teammates look at you like a backstabber."
5. Another person off limits in your trade tirade is the coach. Most coaches get in the trenches with you. You have to respect authority even if he can't draw up a winning play.
6. Never publicly say which cities you want to go. Why alienate all the fans in your present city when most cried every tear with you?
7. Keep your family and business completely separated. This rule is so underrated. Never have family or friends give quotes to the press. Handle your own business. You can't appear as a momma's boy.
8. Tell your agent to be an agent and not a quote machine. Let him negotiate the deal behind closed doors. No matter how you slice it, if you have your agent speak for you in the paper he makes you appear weak and greedy.
9. Never miss games, practices or team functions trying to get traded. Respect the game. (This rule could be No. 1, actually.)
10. Remember that someone has to want you to be traded.
Kobe's problem is never on the court. The problem is he breaks the unwritten rules, the etiquette rules.
It makes him easy to watch on the court but hard to root for. Without question, he is the best player to watch in the game today. You just don't want to read what he has to say in the paper or hear about it on the radio.

boatnam2
10-31-2007, 08:34 AM
good

Cole Trickle
10-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Doesn't matter how good he is. He went about it all wrong. I think this article by Kenny Smith sums it up pretty well.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ks-kobe102207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
1. Never talk about being underpaid so you can be traded. No one cares about a millionaire needing more money. The cheddar breeds jealousy.
2. Never let anyone know how much you want to go. You have to move in silence. When you make a splash about being traded, you get no sympathy from fans or teammates.
3. Never trust the press. If you think you're talking off the record, think again. The media will only complicate your demands and also put out false rumors.
4. Never diss your teammates. Just because you want out doesn't mean you take the team out on the way out. The worst thing to say is you want to leave because the team needs help. Your present teammates will say, "Well, if you're that good, then why don't you carry us while your future teammates look at you like a backstabber."
5. Another person off limits in your trade tirade is the coach. Most coaches get in the trenches with you. You have to respect authority even if he can't draw up a winning play.
6. Never publicly say which cities you want to go. Why alienate all the fans in your present city when most cried every tear with you?
7. Keep your family and business completely separated. This rule is so underrated. Never have family or friends give quotes to the press. Handle your own business. You can't appear as a momma's boy.
8. Tell your agent to be an agent and not a quote machine. Let him negotiate the deal behind closed doors. No matter how you slice it, if you have your agent speak for you in the paper he makes you appear weak and greedy.
9. Never miss games, practices or team functions trying to get traded. Respect the game. (This rule could be No. 1, actually.)
10. Remember that someone has to want you to be traded.
Kobe's problem is never on the court. The problem is he breaks the unwritten rules, the etiquette rules.
It makes him easy to watch on the court but hard to root for. Without question, he is the best player to watch in the game today. You just don't want to read what he has to say in the paper or hear about it on the radio.
I read it yesterday and he has some valid points.
Kobe never complained about $$$
He has been promised talent around him ever since shaq left. Chances are he would have signed with someone else back then if he wasn't mis led by the front office. You know Buss and Magic & Mitch told him they would be competing for a title again in 2-3 years. Mean while 4 years and 2 scoring titles later they have a JV team at best.
Don't forget that not all players are motivated by $$$. Kobe and MJ need to win...dosen't matter if it's basketball,checkers or bingo. If they don't there gonna bitch about it.

AirtimeLavey
10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
What a let down. They came out with energy (even Kwami) and then when the reserves came out, they didn't show up. The reserves had played well in pre-season, but looked tentative and lacked confidence last night. After that, there was only Kobe.
Nice to see D. Fish on the floor and playing dependable. We just didn't have anybody else that Kobe could go to, and Kobe wasn't going to anyone else anyway. I was amazed (disappointed) at some of his choices to drive to the hole. He forced too much, then didn't make enough free throws.
This was a game they gave away with missed free throws and then a lucky shot at the end. Seems like last season is just continuing. Lamar's still out for a couple weeks, and it'll take him a while to get up to speed when he gets back.
Busses have a great track record, but I really don't like the way they're handling this. Kobe's commentary is one thing, but if business is business, they're not handling business very well. They should be doing what they can do to get this team to gel and work on trading Kobe in the background, if that's what the decision is. They need to build some unity, in the meantime.