PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treaters showing up.

copterzach
10-31-2007, 02:31 PM
They just started ringing the doorbell. They travel in small packs (3-5) not including the parents. Those of you with kids be careful of traffic. I think that is the biggest problem. Happy Halloween to all.

Debbolas
10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
It's only 3:43 here in Cali, we have a few hours yet..............But I can't wait!!!:D

HavaSkank
10-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Im still evacuated, so Im hanging tonight at a friend's house. Im passing out mini tubes of toothpaste and dental floss just so the kids in the neighborhood will egg her house later in the week.

copterzach
10-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear your still evacuated. I like ur idea! :devil:

EAZYKILLER2006
10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Im still evacuated, so Im hanging tonight at a friend's house. Im passing out mini tubes of toothpaste and dental floss just so the kids in the neighborhood will egg her house later in the week.
aw kimmy sorry to hear you are still out
that suck
you can stay with us, we will be in havi! Woo hoo
we can party some more!
oh hey, expect the kiddies to egg the house tonight!

HavaSkank
10-31-2007, 03:31 PM
I get to go home tomorrow morning, so there's light at the end of my tunnel of horror.
It's funny, but for the past 10 days I haven't been able to get Tom Petty's "Dont have to live like a refugee" song out of my head.

fatboy95
10-31-2007, 05:13 PM
They come to our neighborhood in vans. Last year we had over 200. Guess they think that golf course neighborhoods hand out all the good stuff. Based upon last years clientele we should hand out frozen tacos.:D :D

BarryMac
10-31-2007, 05:23 PM
They come to our neighborhood in vans. Last year we had over 200. Guess they think that golf course neighborhoods hand out all the good stuff. Based upon last years clientele we should hand out frozen tacos.:D :D
They're trying to save gas? :D :D

purrfecttremor
10-31-2007, 06:47 PM
We bought 8 bags of snickers and there gone:idea: I think there being bussed in:eek:

djunkie
10-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Its 8pm and we haven't gotten one kid at our door. When we moved in a few months ago we kinda thought it was a little quiet around here. I guess that was an understatement. :jawdrop:

Havasu1986
10-31-2007, 07:58 PM
I went to the gym. Then went to T.G.I.F.'s and just came home. And there still in the streets as I type in the dark. :eek: :D

fatboy95
10-31-2007, 08:00 PM
We bought 8 bags of snickers and there gone:idea: I think there being bussed in:eek:
we shut off the lights at 8:30, final count 379 and, there are still some wandering around. The sad thing is there are mothers with kids in strollers still out there.:D

Havasu1986
10-31-2007, 08:02 PM
we shut off the lights at 8:30, final count 379 and, there are still some wandering around. The sad thing is there are mothers with kids in strollers still out there.:D
Same here...WTF. :confused:

djunkie
10-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Final count here, a whopping 1 kid. Just showed up about 10 minutes ago. WTF am I gonna do with all this dam candy? :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

Havasu1986
10-31-2007, 08:11 PM
I haven't had 379 people knock on my door in the 10 years I've lived here. :D
Your neighbors must be on ***boat.com :eek: :D

Bre
10-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Final count here, a whopping 1 kid. Just showed up about 10 minutes ago. WTF am I gonna do with all this dam candy? :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:
Yeah we only had 7 kids come by.

djunkie
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Would you like some candy? :D :D

OutCole'd
10-31-2007, 08:33 PM
I bet there was 6 kids cruising my neighborhood.:(

Bre
10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Would you like some candy? :D :D
No I need to give away all my candy! :D

RiverRatMike
10-31-2007, 08:42 PM
They just started ringing the doorbell. They travel in small packs (3-5) not including the parents. Those of you with kids be careful of traffic. I think that is the biggest problem. Happy Halloween to all.
we had one family with 2 boys show up at our door in Havasu tonight and that was it.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-31-2007, 08:42 PM
That's no exaggeration,, we had easily 150 kids, and they ain't from this neck of the woods.
Street parking is packed with unlocals for a mile in all directions.
Burned through 4 of the Ralphs mega 5 lb each candy bags.
It's all good though.

Outnumbered
10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
:D :D :D http://bornbackwards.com/news/uploaded_images/70547-01498_large-794557.jpg

INSman
10-31-2007, 08:56 PM
I had maybe 7 in 1 minute !!!!! I actually ran out of candy at one point and had to call the kids to bring back some reinforcements !!! :eek: :D
Nice to see you posting again Bre ;)

Kazanski
10-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Same here...one kid...I have way too much candy, and I don't even like candy :rolleyes: just my luck...

djunkie
10-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Same here...one kid...I have way too much candy, and I don't even like candy :rolleyes: just my luck...
Same here. We've been eating this crap all week then yesterday we went and bought more cause we thought we might run out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kazanski
10-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Same here. We've been eating this crap all week then yesterday we went and bought more cause we thought we might run out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yep, now I feel like I have to eat it...can't let it go to waste...I'm convinced that all the candy companies came together and created this holiday for people like you and me to go waste our money on candy and then be forced to eat it. :mad:

DeltaSigBoater
10-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Wasn't going to buy candy to give out, but I did go by the bank and get $10 in pennies :D
Take th $.50 rolls and divide them into $.25 plastic baggies. Kids get a trick & a treat... I don't get stuck w/ a bunch of candy I don't like and therefore don't have to eat.
Additionally whatever's left over I take back to the bank. ;)
Almost 11 and the door bell hasnt rang once... do you parents let your kids trick or treat, or do the kids today think trick or treating is lame :idea:

Bre
10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Wasn't going to buy candy to give out, but I did go by the bank and get $10 in pennies :D
Take th $.50 rolls and divide them into $.25 plastic baggies. Kids get a trick & a treat... I don't get stuck w/ a bunch of candy I don't like and therefore don't have to eat.
Additionally whatever's left over I take back to the bank. ;)
Almost 11 and the door bell hasnt rang once... do you parents let your kids trick or treat, or do the kids today think trick or treating is lame :idea:
My kids love it!

RJ Nordic
10-31-2007, 11:59 PM
had a total of 25 kids all night long.. streets were deserted. a couple of the neighbors had put out maniquins and stuff to do it up right. all that work and no one to scare the shit outa....
my dad had about 50 total, a couple of groups from outa town, i helped him stuff bags with those mini candy bars, so being the frugle/tightwad/cheap asss that he is, he figures he will store it til next year and pass it out then if he is still above ground.:D

copterzach
11-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Easily had 250 kids. I gave out 5 10 lbs bags of candy! They are all from the other side of the tracks! I should have gave out Tacos myself!

BarryMac
11-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Had one guy in his 70's show up, he was dressed as the "Spanish" speaking Grim Reaper, I thought he was there with his grandkids just checking things out, then he held out his bag, I politely closed the door on him, WTF, plus the kids seem to get older every year, I bet we had ten 17 year olds show up, I just rolled my eyes at them and gave them one bag of mini M&M's :D, I think I'm becoming Ebenezer Scrooge of Halloween... :D :D

boat boy
11-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Did not have one child, next year I'm going to get 20 single dollar bills and hand one to any kid that shows up. That way I won't have any candy to dump down my throat, plus the fact I don't need it anyway. The good thing about giving out money is nobody has shown up in the four years I've been here so I'll have money for lunch the next day.

boat boy
11-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Did not have one child, next year I'm going to get 20 single dollar bills and hand one to any kid that shows up. That way I won't have any candy to dump down my throat, plus the fact I don't need it anyway. The good thing about giving out money is nobody has shown up in the four years I've been here so I'll have money for lunch the next day.