PDA

View Full Version : Tour De Trident... Phoenix!!!!!

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Ok there fans, friends and music lovers... we will be in the Phoenix area for sure this weekend! We are going to leave here on Saturday morning, hit Yuma for a little while and then head to Phoenix. Plans are for Sunday on Lake Pleasant with the Jordy crew to show us where the coves are and perhaps some getting together on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. We are considering hitting up Havasu on the way home from Phoenix on Monday.
Let me know if you are interested here, and sign up on the tour page at Tour De Trident bage (http://www.tridentboats.com/news/25/index2.cfm) or go straight to the signup form at Tour Form (http://www.tridentboats.com/news/25/trident_tour.cfm)
Hope to see you all on the water!!!!
If you are in the area and want to get together, drop me a line on the cell at (619) 823-5643.
Squirts up!!!!
Wes

Jordy
03-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Coolio. The brown truck dropped off my wheels last night, so now I just have to put them on and we're good to go. :D

MR HARLEY
03-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Good Stuff Wes, see you soon!

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Coolio. The brown truck dropped off my wheels last night, so now I just have to put them on and we're good to go. :D
Then we are in. I am bringing a video camera too...
Do your new props get you higher speed or better holeshot?

mbrown2
03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Froggy, wtf is your avitar? :)

2Driver
03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
I think I'll come out and take a look see. Been wanting to see that machine. My boat hasn't moved since late Oct so it would be good excuse to get it wet too. Where/when do we find you?
Oh Yeah, Not sure you need Jordy to show you the lake. You can see the whole thing from the launch ramp :D :D

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Froggy, wtf is your avitar? :)
Volkswagen "Fast" Commercials (http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02...st-commercials/)
The best commercials I have seen in a while. I am jealous of Volkswagens marketing team right now...

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 11:41 AM
I think I'll come out and take a look see. Been wanting to see that machine. My boat hasn't moved since late Oct so it would be good excuse to get it wet too. Where/when do we find you?
Oh Yeah, Not sure you need Jordy to show you the lake. You can see the whole thing from the launch ramp :D :D
Well, I have never been there. I don't know how to get there, or what ramp we are going to either. I am doing the unexplainable and trusting Jordy...
This should be interesting... ;)

PHX ATC
03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I am doing the unexplainable and trusting Jordy...
He'll drink all your beer...be very very careful. :)

Magic34
03-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Well, I have never been there. I don't know how to get there, or what ramp we are going to either. I am doing the unexplainable and trusting Jordy...
Brave....
Actually, the 10 lane or the marina area ramps will work just fine for you guys. The walk to the truck from the ramp is much less at the 10 lane compared to the marina area.
Simply take I17 North to the Carefree Highway, make a left (west) and go about 15 minutes west and you'll come up on the marina entrance on the right hand side of the road. You can turn there, or instead of turning, continue forward another 3.5 miles to the next lake entrance which is where the 10 lane ramp is. Make a right, pay your $7, then continue on the road until you can make a right at the sign that points towards the launch ramp.
We might head out on Sunday as well. Wont know until Saturday if that is to happen.

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Brave....
Actually, the 10 lane or the marina area ramps will work just fine for you guys. The walk to the truck from the ramp is much less at the 10 lane compared to the marina area.
Simply take I17 North to the Carefree Highway, make a left (west) and go about 15 minutes west and you'll come up on the marina entrance on the right hand side of the road. You can turn there, or instead of turning, continue forward another 3.5 miles to the next lake entrance which is where the 10 lane ramp is. Make a right, pay your $7, then continue on the road until you can make a right at the sign that points towards the launch ramp.
We might head out on Sunday as well. Wont know until Saturday if that is to happen.
Thanks for the info. You recommend the Marina for us?
You have my phone number... I would love to see your boat in person!
Wes

Magic34
03-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info. You recommend the Marina for us?
You have my phone number... I would love to see your boat in person!
Wes
If it is really windy outside, then do the marine (more protected) but if it is a nice day out do 10 lane, more room and the parking is much closer to the ramp/water at the 10 lane compared to the marina.
The problem with the 10 lane in the wind is that the waves are normally coming directly into shore and while trying to get on the trailer, waves are crashing over the back of the boat.
Weather report calls for a nice Sunday, so the 10 lane shouldn't be an issue.

Jordy
03-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Famous last words: Trust me. :D
The 10 lane is the balls. Even with a bunch of other boats there that have no idea what the hell they're doing, there are still open lanes. I love it. :D

MagicMtnDan
03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Make sure you hook up with Kachina err Trident Ken - I hear he's going to be looking for a new boat :rolleyes:

prosthogod
03-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Make sure you hook up with Kachina err Trident Ken - I hear he's going to be looking for a new boat :rolleyes:
I thought he already ordered his revolution.

2Driver
03-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Do you have an ETA for Saturday afternoon at Pleasant now that you are planning the morning in LHC?
BTW: go the back way from LHC to Pleasant.

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Do you have an ETA for Saturday afternoon at Pleasant now that you are planning the morning in LHC?
Saturday will be in Havasu, basically all day or until people decide they have had enough Revolution for one day, then we are off to Phoenix for Sunday.
Both places we will be on the water at 8:00. Just another day at work for the Trident crew... ;)
What is the back way?

Jordy
03-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Are you talking about coming down the 60 through Wickenburg and then to 74 rather than jumping down to the 10???
Both places we will be on the water at 8:00.
8:00??? As in 0800, as in early???? Hmmm. We're not going to Saguaro and there isn't a time limit. :D :D :D
Oh, and the lake should be packed all weekend. Seems to me that this is the bass something days (like the fish, not the music Froggy ;) ) where they have concerts and a fishing tournament. Lots of people show up. Plus, if the weather stays like this, low 80's today, it will draw a big crowd as well.

littlejake
03-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Mile Instruction For
0.0 Depart Lake Havasu City on McCulloch Blvd [McCulloch Blvd N] (South-West) 0.2 mi
0.2 Turn LEFT (South-East) onto SR-95 27.6 mi
27.8 Road name changes to Riverside Dr 2.3 mi
30.1 Turn LEFT to stay on Riverside Dr 0.3 mi
30.4 Turn RIGHT to stay on Riverside Dr 2.9 mi
33.3 Turn LEFT to stay on Riverside Dr 1.0 mi
34.3 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-95 [Riverside Dr] 4.4 mi
38.7 Turn LEFT (South) onto SR-95 [S California Ave] 12.3 mi
51.0 Turn RIGHT (South) onto SR-95 22.7 mi
73.7 Turn LEFT (East) onto I-10 Bus [US-95] 0.1 mi
73.8 Turn RIGHT (South) onto Mesquite Dr 0.2 mi
74.0 Turn RIGHT (West) onto Local road(s) 87 yds
74.1 At Quartzsite, return East on Local road(s) 87 yds
74.1 Turn LEFT (North) onto Mesquite Dr 0.2 mi
74.3 Turn RIGHT (East) onto I-10 Bus [US-95] 0.9 mi
75.2 Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-10 10.9 mi
86.1 At exit 31, turn RIGHT onto Ramp 0.4 mi
86.5 Keep STRAIGHT onto US-60 25.4 mi
111.9 At Salome, stay on US-60 (East) 63.6 mi
175.6 Turn LEFT (North-East) onto SR-74 [Morristown New River Hwy] 18.8 mi
194.3 Turn LEFT (North) onto Castle Hot Springs Rd 2.3 mi
196.6 Turn RIGHT (East) onto Park Entrance Rd 0.8 mi
197.4 Keep STRAIGHT onto Local road(s) 1.3 mi
198.8 Bear RIGHT (North-East) onto Local road(s) 0.7 mi
199.5 Turn LEFT (East) onto Local road(s) 0.5 mi
200.0 Turn LEFT (North-East) onto Local road(s) 1.3 mi
201.2 Arrive Lake Pleasant Regional Park

littlejake
03-02-2006, 08:29 PM
if you want you can take the 72 and bypass Quartzite and go through Vicksburg. I got the directions from MS Streets and Trips. but it is the same amount of time. 4hrs 25 min

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Suppose I am going to Mesa first? Bad deal? My brother lives in Mesa, and I want to see his Hot Rod shop if I am going all the way out there.
Plus, I need a place to stay on Saturday night. How far out of Mesa is Pleasant?

littlejake
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
other side of town about 45 min depending on how far east he is!

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Let's say I know how to get to the 10 from Parker/Havasu by going out of Parker, straight until you get to the T in the road and then turn right to go to Quartzite. As I recall, there is a road that goes straight that says "Phoenix" but I have never taken it...
How would you all get there on Saturday evening, if I was to want to end up in Mesa, the only place I know where I can fit the boat for the night.

Froggystyle
03-02-2006, 08:36 PM
if you want you can take the 72 and bypass Quartzite and go through Vicksburg. I got the directions from MS Streets and Trips. but it is the same amount of time. 4hrs 25 min
BTW, I have a beer, currently getting colder by the second waiting for you for the great directions!

littlejake
03-02-2006, 08:37 PM
The I10 east towards Tucson and take the 60 east into Mesa. Need to know his cross streets to get you there exactly

Jordy
03-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey Froggy, how many employees are coming with you? Just you and Mrs. F??? I'm a little closer than Mesa and think I might have room for a boat as well. Might be a bit of a squeeze on 1/2 an acre though. ;)

littlejake
03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Give me a call and I will get the directions to the Hot Rod Shop or Jordys. Jordy doesn't live far from me. 602-763-5870 Ryan

Sleek-Jet
03-02-2006, 11:03 PM
...Jordy doesn't live far from me.
I would move if I were you... :D :D

ROZ
03-02-2006, 11:09 PM
That's the best advice I've ever seen on ***boat.com :D

Thunder Struck
03-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey Jordy maybe we will show up with the crew we had a few Sundays ago and give em a real welcome.......

2Driver
03-03-2006, 06:06 AM
Are you talking about coming down the 60 through Wickenburg and then to 74 rather than jumping down to the 10???
Yes, he would be coming right into the lake at that point and a more sane drive
However, if he is going to Mesa, he may want to take the 10 all the way if he is a highway guy. For me the Wickenburg route is the only way I go, 65 MPH, zero traffic, If he does that he can hook up to the 101 and head to Mesa from there. I'd offer my pad (7 acres) not far off Carefree highway, but I don't think his tow vehicle has the balls to make it up my driveway with that machine behind it :rollside:

PHX ATC
03-03-2006, 06:25 AM
The PHX ATC casa is available for boat parking, if you don't have enough spots/room/safe havens elsewhere. It's a bit of a jaunt out to Queen Creek through horse fields, cotton fields, and dust everywhere, but if you're in a lurch, I've plenty of room, concrete to park it on, locked behind a really cool RV gate, and 2 horses as security guards.
Jordy knows how to get here...he smells the beer. :)

Seadog
03-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Wes, if you do get to Oklahoma, there are several great lakes to chose from. Tenkiller is great, but you should also consider Skiatook, Grand or Texoma. Grand would be a blast to try with your boat.

Jordy
03-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Jordy knows how to get here...he smells the beer. :)
Yes I do and I need to stop and smell the beer more often. Seems like everytime I get out that way I'm putting out a fire and then have another one to deal with on the other side of town. I hear some Serrano's calling my name. :D

BarryMac
03-03-2006, 07:35 AM
OMG, that is the funniest shit ever...

Jordy
03-03-2006, 07:37 AM
OMG, that is the funniest shit ever...
C'mon now, it wasn't that funny. :notam:

PHX ATC
03-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Yes I do and I need to stop and smell the beer more often. Seems like everytime I get out that way I'm putting out a fire and then have another one to deal with on the other side of town. I hear some Serrano's calling my name. :D
You gots me numero. Hell, you know where the beer is...let yourself 'round back and pop a top! :)
I'm never home anyway...I'm coaching Shea's soccer team this season (12 screaming 10 year old girls is a blast :crossx: ), running around looking for horsey hay/alfalfa, working, and then fussing around in the yards. I could use a stop for a beverage more often than not. You should try Skippy's Bar & Grill (Chandler Heights/Power, Basha's plaza, south strip, next to Karate studio), they have great beer and food.

Jordy
03-03-2006, 07:41 AM
You gots me numero.
Not so much anymore. There was an incident with my phone involving the bottom of the lake last weekend. I'm rebuilding my list now. :(
Hell, you know where the beer is...let yourself 'round back and pop a top! :)
Be careful what you wish for. :D

BarryMac
03-03-2006, 07:52 AM
C'mon now, it wasn't that funny. :notam:
Yes it was...:D :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Yes it was...:D :D
Hi sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!1 :p

Jordy
03-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!1 :p
Hi. :D

BarryMac
03-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi. :D
She's talking to me, your not sweetie, your asshole remember... :D :D
Hi sweetie!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Hi Sugar britches. Never heard back from you the other day...;)

Jordy
03-03-2006, 08:15 AM
She's talking to me, your not sweetie, your asshole remember... :D :D
That's Mr. Asshole, and why you gotta be cockblockin' and threadjacking at the same time??? That's some real multi-tasking there. :D :D :D

Froggystyle
03-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks for all of the safe havens. Are there any hotels out that direction by any chance?

Magic34
03-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all of the safe havens. Are there any hotels out that direction by any chance?
Which direction, Mesa or towards Pleasant?
I have stayed at the Desert Ridge Marriot (25 minutes from Pleasant), and they have a place to put the boat. Valet guys were really cool when I had my boat down there for 1 night.
The DR Marriot is a huge hotel and a nice place to stay as well.

Jordy
03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
I have stayed at the Desert Ridge Marriot (25 minutes from Pleasant), and they have a place to put the boat. Valet guys were really cool when I had my boat down there for 1 night.
That's off the 101 and Tatum. Pretty much a straight shot down the 101 to the 17 and up to Pleasant. 101 around and down to see Clay. Might not be a bad bet, especially if they have room for the boat. Really nice area and centrally located. Still not too far from me. ;)

Froggystyle
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
What I am thinking about is coming from Havasu and saving myself the 45+ minute drive to and from Mesa and getting a hotel out in the Pleasant area. Clay will be bringing one of his newest creations, so I will get to see what he is up to these days without visiting the shop possibly. In any case, I can always spend the night in Phoenix on Sunday if there is anything to do around there... ;) (Hooters in Tempe for example...)

Jordy
03-03-2006, 10:27 AM
http://www.jwdesertridgeresort.com/
p.s. There is always something to do around here. :D :D :D

Magic34
03-03-2006, 10:30 AM
What I am thinking about is coming from Havasu and saving myself the 45+ minute drive to and from Mesa and getting a hotel out in the Pleasant area. Clay will be bringing one of his newest creations, so I will get to see what he is up to these days without visiting the shop possibly. In any case, I can always spend the night in Phoenix on Sunday if there is anything to do around there... ;) (Hooters in Tempe for example...)
Unless you get some random hotel (Best Western) for exapmle around the I17 and Bell area, the Desert Ridge is only about 10 mintues max, east of that off the 101. There is more to do in that area (Desert ridge) and closer to nightlife in Scottsdale.

2Driver
03-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey,
If you need some aerial photos my wife will be flying the plane over Pleasant mid-morning. My buddy will be in the passenger seat with a high end Nikon Dig/zoom. They might be able to pull off a few shots if they time their return recon flight just right.
This also means if I come out SUnday I will be W/O boat and with my young son. Is that a Prob?

Froggystyle
03-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey Froggy, how many employees are coming with you? Just you and Mrs. F??? I'm a little closer than Mesa and think I might have room for a boat as well. Might be a bit of a squeeze on 1/2 an acre though. ;)
Mrs. F isn't going to make it. I have just one of my guys, Mikey.
It looks like I am going to go see Clay at OPM on Saturday evening and stay in Chandler.
Where are you at? East Syeeeeedddd?

Jordy
03-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Where are you at? East Syeeeeedddd?
I'm North Central. PV area. Right off the 51. Is Clay coming out on the water on Sunday? Haven't seen him since the last Hooter's Tempe get together.

Froggystyle
03-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Unless you get some random hotel (Best Western) for exapmle around the I17 and Bell area, the Desert Ridge is only about 10 mintues max, east of that off the 101. There is more to do in that area (Desert ridge) and closer to nightlife in Scottsdale.
Not to sound like a cheapskate, but I am going to roll in about 9:00 pm, spend some time at my brothers shop and leave by 7:00 am. They want $500 for the cheapest room they have. I have a vision problem with that... I don't see it happenning!
It is looking like the deal is stay with my brother in Chandler for the evening, park the boat in his shop and maybe get a beer with 2Driver in the evening.
Anyone down for going out afterwards?

Froggystyle
03-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm North Central. PV area. Right off the 51. Is Clay coming out on the water on Sunday? Haven't seen him since the last Hooter's Tempe get together.
He will be there. With a client and a car he just built. Totally sick 69 Camaro he brought to Barrett Jackson and just sold.
I can't wait to see it.

Magic34
03-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Not to sound like a cheapskate, but I am going to roll in about 9:00 pm, spend some time at my brothers shop and leave by 7:00 am. They want $500 for the cheapest room they have. I have a vision problem with that... I don't see it happenning!
It is looking like the deal is stay with my brother in Chandler for the evening, park the boat in his shop and maybe get a beer with 2Driver in the evening.
Anyone down for going out afterwards?
Didn't even think about that.... Golf season. I dont golf but they have a nice course, so I hear, and that is the reason for the expensve ass room. I wouldn't pay 1/2 of that!!! My bad. Chandler has some stuff to do. The Chandler Mall area, Kona Grill has a good gathering on the weekend nights.
I'm out of town as of a few hours from now and wont get back until Sunday afternoon, so it looks as Sunday wont happen at the lake, but I am sponsoring a lot of events this year in Havasu, so I'll be there a lot to meet up.
Have a safe and fun trip. If it is Big Bass Days at Pleasant, Humbug should be going off.

Froggystyle
03-03-2006, 02:19 PM
If it is Big Bass Days at Pleasant, Humbug should be going off.
Well, if it is Big Bass days, I am bringing the right boat...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/532-2/Four+12in+subs.jpg

Jordy
03-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Well, if it is Big Bass days, I am bringing the right boat...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/532-2/Four+12in+subs.jpg
Please refer to my previous post:
Oh, and the lake should be packed all weekend. Seems to me that this is the bass something days (like the fish, not the music Froggy ;) ) where they have concerts and a fishing tournament. Lots of people show up.
:D :D :D

littlejake
03-04-2006, 07:59 AM
http://www.wildwestbass.com/
not till the end of the month