PDA

View Full Version : Casale Cases

707-CREW
10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
I need to have my cases polished or chromed. Can you chrome them or is that a no no???

11-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Never seen chromed aluminum hold up. Looks good for a while and then it starts to lift and flake and then you have a real mess. Polish the cases, little more work to keep it up but it'll look better in the long run.

Roaddogg 4040
11-01-2007, 06:07 AM
You could do Chrome Powder Coat also...
Steve

jimsplace
11-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I had mine Ceramic coated, it looks good, and has held up very well. The case needs to be sanded to the point of being ready for the finial polish to look it's best.
One thing to note, If it is chromed, Ceramic coated or Powder coated, be sure to mask off all the mating surfaces, bolt holes, and where the bearings go. Any additional coating builds up the surface and changes tolerances.
Whoever does it, don't assume they will take care of it. I assumed it would be done and ended up needing the clearances rechecked and re-taping all the holes.

707-CREW
11-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks fellas I think I will just have them polished.

Icarus prospector
11-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Let me know where you have the case done.

adjones419
11-04-2007, 06:01 PM
I'd like to know too and how their customer service is.

suckerpunch
11-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Not all Casale cases are the same. Some early 12 degree cases have a thinner boss area around where the bolts go through ,than some of the other cases, meaning you do not want to polish or remove any material from these cases. Press nuts are not even a option. If you need help with this, come bye our shop, and I will be glad to steer you in the right direction. We have RBR billet cases in stock all the time. I can build you a " all Casale v-drive in two days. Every part that is in this v-drive is the best, and can always be purchased through any Casale dealer. Myself and Bill Diez always have these parts in our race trailers, at the track. We send the cases out to be polished, and I can refer you to our vender ,Joe.

Icarus prospector
11-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I see you're in the 707. Where are you located?

Budweiser
11-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Copy... Paste... Search... Does the telephone # match? Yup.
Precision Craft Marine
9320 W Cordelia Rd
Fairfield, CA 94534

suckerpunch
11-06-2007, 02:48 PM
We are located at the Interstate 80/ 680/ hyw 12 junction(Green Valley). We run two shifts here. open from 9AM to 7PM, mon - fri ,and 8AM -5PM sat. PLease excuse our absence during the racing season. We will be closed during the world finals. Thanks for inquiring. Joe.

creepingcharlie
11-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Not all Casale cases are the same. Some early 12 degree cases have a thinner boss area around where the bolts go through ,than some of the other cases, meaning you do not want to polish or remove any material from these cases. Press nuts are not even a option. If you need help with this, come bye our shop, and I will be glad to steer you in the right direction. We have RBR billet cases in stock all the time. I can build you a " all Casale v-drive in two days. Every part that is in this v-drive is the best, and can always be purchased through any Casale dealer. Myself and Bill Diez always have these parts in our race trailers, at the track. We send the cases out to be polished, and I can refer you to our vender ,Joe.
is there a certain year range for this problem? I thinking of polishing mine and it is a 12*. I believe around 73 ish and thats the year of the boat.thanks

Fired Up
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Are the nuts on the rear half of the casale a special pressed on nylock nut? How easy are they to replace? Can they be replaced with an improved ordinary stainless nylock nut?.. Some of mine have minor corrosion on them so I would like to replace all of them.

suckerpunch
11-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I really can not answer that question about the model year on the early cases. I know by looking at them. Maybe Mitch or Dan can answer this question. As far as the press nuts having a specific side to be on , that depends on the application. Most open cockpit boats have the press nuts on the engine side case, witch is actually called the front case(rear of boat). Capsule boat applications will sometimes put the press nuts on the case that is in the front of the boat, witch Casale lists as the rear case. I have a new source for over size press nuts. This has solved that problem. they are really expensive. Some people epoxy them, loctite and so on. I have made special bushings that take place of that 7/16 hole from the press nut, but I do not like bandaids. What kills me the most is that we can build the trickest, polished, all billet v-drive, gun drilled shafts, arp stainless 12 points, all the bells and wistles. These things can hold up to any power you throw at them. They cost half the price of one those junk outdrives. I am not refering to the after market outdrives. Where I am going with this is you do not want to cut corners on your gear box. People try to build them all the time, and we end up fixing them. There are plenty of qualified people to build them correctly. We love to build v-drives. Ron Braaksma, Dan Aaseth, Tom Bently,Rainbow marine, Walt Ott, Casale. Most of the time, after people screw them up they spend more having them fixed. You could not pay me to have a mercruiser anything. We work on that junk all the time because it is junk. My 2 cents about outdrives. Sorry for venting, I just had the outdrive from hell in our shop.

Mr. V-Driver
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
MFG. Update..................New Casale Cast cases are NOW IMPROVED with BIGGER Bosses for press nut applications and improved fins for better Kooling!