PDA

View Full Version : lemons exhaust ?

Bayon-M/C
11-01-2007, 10:53 AM
looking for a set of lemons exhaust 5" collectors for a 460 with a berk 12jc. thank you, mike , i geuss i should have said were to buy, thanks again.

Heatseeker
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
You'll probably have to call Lemon (http://www.lemonsheaders.com/contact.htm) direct (and bring your wallet, they're beautiful headers but they're not cheap). Your chances of finding any on the used market are slim, especially for a 460.

steelcomp
11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
They'll look cool, but don't expect them to make any power.

BrendellaJet
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
ditto that. Better off with bassetts.

pw_Tony
11-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Please elaborate Scott

Sleeper CP
11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Please elaborate Scott
Yeah, what he said. :confused:
Sleeper CP

RCB19
11-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Hit up Fuelinmyveins. He runs them on his motor. If I can remember correctly there was a very slight power loss compared to the dyno headers.

Placecraft Dragstar
11-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Hit up Fuelinmyveins. He runs them on his motor. If I can remember correctly there was a very slight power loss compared to the dyno headers.
And they cost alot more.

jetboatperformance
11-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Bayon :Lemons is about 8 miles north of us ,Great folks ,outstanding quality DRAG boat headers ,I don,t belive Dan is building any H20 injected stuff Like the guys said you probably be better off with Basset or Rewarder ... Tom

Bayon-M/C
11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks To All! Those Pipes Just Looks To Cool! What A Bummer I Cant Get New One`s.hey Tom,do You Have A Pic Of A Set Of Rewarder Pips? Do Thay Look Like Lemons? Big Ol` 5" Collectors? Thanks,bayon M/c.

Placecraft Dragstar
11-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I bought pipes from Rewarder that are 2 1/2" going into a 5" collector. They look very nice. Make sure you get them ceramic coated also.

jetboatperformance
11-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Bayon heres an example of some Rewarders we used on a "project" in the shop now These are 2 1/2 primaries and 4 1/2 collectors .Usually reserved for Blower type applications these headers on a moderate BBC or BBF would maybe look cool but its not likley you'd be happy with the performance.. Tom ;)
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Miller%202%20%20cust/DSC07904.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Miller%202%20%20cust/DSC07385.jpg

steelcomp
11-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Please elaborate ScottThey're just the wrong headers for jet boat power. Too big. The big tubes and 5" short collector is made for a big inch, high rpm engine with a relatively narrow power band. (v-drive stuff) The best performance you'll see on an engine in a jet will be with the standard Rewarders or Bassets.

steelcomp
11-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Hit up Fuelinmyveins. He runs them on his motor. If I can remember correctly there was a very slight power loss compared to the dyno headers.His Lemons were down slightly from the dyyno headers, and the Bassets or Rewarders will make more power than the dyno headers. The dyno headers (if I remember) are a set of Bassets, but with the collector cut short. The lower rpm of jet boat land likes (and needs) the longer colletcors.

TRG
11-03-2007, 06:20 PM
His Lemons were down slightly from the dyyno headers, and the Bassets or Rewarders will make more power than the dyno headers. The dyno headers (if I remember) are a set of Bassets, but with the collector cut short. The lower rpm of jet boat land likes (and needs) the longer colletcors.
If you could provide the header builder with a Dyno sheet and where the boat rpm's @, would'nt that help with the header design that would be needed for a JB appl.?...from what i've gathered in the last few months and some of the header guys i've talked to claim that different designs do different things,im sure they can find power in a custom header?
I'd do it just cuz the normal bassetts get real close to the sides of my boat and a custom set would look pretty rad,...whats a few HP, when you have a river racer!
Todd

1968Droptop
11-03-2007, 06:46 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Miller%202%20%20cust/DSC07904.jpg
Nice choice on the blower Tom, Donny makes some good stuff !

voodooCanoe
11-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Lemon will build you what you want, and they will make more power than your standard Bassett or Rewarder. But I would agree, a big tube header and a 5'' collector will be a power loss. Stepped header and smaller collector is the ticket.
Let him know what you are running and he will give you options and they do make power. But just like anything HP costs. It will set you back about a little more that twice the amount of your average Bassett. But, that's the price you pay to be cool:D :D
If you are looking into putting your engine on the dyno, look into a merge type collector, most will require retuning your fuel system. just my .02
Racer X also make a cool header, but look at paying the big$$$$ for a set,
I think the last I checked they were 2500.00 bare!!:sqeyes:

jetboatperformance
11-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Momentary thread jack!
(original post by droppy)
Nice choice on the blower Tom, Donny makes some good stuff !
Chris Don not only makes great stuff but he's also a "kick" to deal with I called him on a Sat expecting a machine ,talked to me for an hour and follow thru with that blower kit in short order, When I commented on him being there Sat I got the "I'm the Muther F*&king blower builder ,F*&kin floor sweeper, and the F*&kin secretary .... speach,had me in histerics,Thanks Don !
Tom www.hamptonblowers.com

1968Droptop
11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
..........When I commented on him being there Sat I got the "I'm the Muther F*&king blower builder ,F*&kin floor sweeper, and the F*&kin secretary .... speach,had me in histerics,Thanks Don !
Tom www.hamptonblowers.com
MAN that sounds like Don !!! I've got the "kid's going to med school and I'll be working till I'm 80" speach. He is truely a GREAT guy to deal with, and definately not shy about speaking his mind !!!
Back to the header topic..................