PDA

View Full Version : Surgeon

Schiada76
11-01-2007, 03:54 PM
The son of a very close friend of mine is having Achilles tendon problems and after one surgery has ended up in a wheel chair. He needs another surgery, possiblley to graft cadaver tendons in hopes that he will not have the scar tissue problems that have left him on morphine.:(
My friend has not been able to find someone that will let him talk to patients that have had the same surgery to discuss the results and won't pull the trigger on the second surgery without the info.
Does anyone here have a possible refferal?
Thanks in advance.

wolfie
11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Where is he located.
This is one of the best othopedic groups that I know of in the Orange County area. They do awsome work there.
http://www.fullertonorthopaedic.com

Schiada76
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
He's here in the san Fernando Valley.
OC is plenty close enough.

wolfie
11-01-2007, 04:16 PM
They've done a lot of work with professional and colege athletes. They have a physical therapy group that work in direct connection with them.
They did a great job of putting me back together after a pretty bad accident.
They have doctors that specialize in different areas of th body, upper extremities, lower extremities, knees, back, neck, ect.

uvindex
11-01-2007, 04:54 PM
My friend has not been able to find someone that will let him talk to patients that have had the same surgery to discuss the results and won't pull the trigger on the second surgery without the info.
Sorry to hear this. No referral, but if I was in that position I'd immediately seek out some relevant forums to find people who had had that kind of surgery (and referrals).
Just as an example, I googled "forum achilles tendon surgery" (without the quotes)and saw several forums that looked promising. There are lots of other search terms that one could use, of course.
Good luck to your friend's son! :)

Wheeler
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Give Chris Wills a call, tell him one of his flying buddys gave the #.
Chris is an exceptional person and real easy to talk with, you would never know that he is a doctor.
714-639-3750
http://www.myorthodoc.com/Chris%20A.%20Wills%20%20MD%20Corriculum%20Vitae%20 Letterhead%205-05.pdf