PDA

View Full Version : 76 Hallett Asembly Marathon

LOLYFE
03-02-2006, 12:19 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined
HELLO- WELL TODAY AND LAST NIGHT THIS IS WHAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED ON THE HALLETT CUSTOM RESTORATION. ALL SEAT MOUNTS WERE MACHINED AND POLISHED, CUSTOM JETOVATER BRACKET AND HANDLE COMPONENTS WERE FABBED AND POLISHED, MY MACHINIST BUDDY DROPPED OF THE CUSTOM BILLET TAIL LIGHT BEZELS. THE CUSTOM FRONT MACHINED BILLET MOTOR PLATE WILL ARRIVE TONIGHT, WILL HAVE PICS TOMORROW. THE FRONT MOTOR PLATE HAD TO BE MADE CUSTOM BECAUSE THE BELT DRIVE IDLER PULLY COVERS ONE OF THE GLENWOOD MOUNTING BOSSES. ITS A LONG STORY BUT I WAS VERY TEMPTED TO PUT A MOTOR RAIL KIT IN IT BUT I WANTED TO STILL MAKE IT PERIOD CORRECT. THE NEW PLATE INCORPORATES THE WATER PUMP BOLT HOLES FOR ADDED STRENGH.
RIGHT NOW WE ARE STILL POLISHING ALL THE STAINLESS NUTS AND BOLTS AND ARE AWATING ONE MORE LOAD OF STUFF FROM REX AND CP . MORE PICS AND UPDATES TOMORROW. HOPFULLY MOTOR WILL BE DONE BY SAT FOR PICTURES STAY TUNED.
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11624&stc=1
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11625&stc=1
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11626&stc=1
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11627&stc=1

lucky
03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
that is going to be a very clean , nice boat ! keep up the fantastic work !

bigriverdog
03-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey, Thats my old boat. Where did you buy that? Is the base color white or pearl white?

blown428fe
03-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Looking good, wish I was that far.

GUGS102
03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I've got a 78 jet sprint. Original gel, although the interior does not match too well. I'm interested to see what you choose for colors etc. Basically the reverse colors of yours, more bwn that creme. Looks great!! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Out of curiosity, did you weigh the hull. Mine empty was 1000#, no pump, motor etc. just empty tanks and interior. weighed 1800# rigged. Found my CG was about a 12-18 inches in front of rocker cover. We are moving the motor and pump back to bring the nose out of the water. ALso going to aftermarket bowl to move the arm further behind the transom to help get the weight out of the water.
All in all, I like my boat, heavy, solid and runs pretty well too.
Nice ride, too bad you are not closer. I've got cousins in Boisie, next time I'm up there I'll look you up.
Gugs
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2928Hallett.JPG

roostwear
03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Very cool. You should have gone with the rail kit (IMO). Period correct wouldn't include billet pieces, so just upgrade it all the way through.

Wicked Performance Boats
03-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Why did you put on a blue rubrail? Don't tell me to match the berkeley on the transom adapter. And why the valve cover spacers? Just curious Budlight

Cs19
03-03-2006, 08:36 AM
i love those boats. your doing some nice work there. the jetdrive looks real nice. keep it up.
i agree, the rail kit is the hot set up.

Cs19
03-03-2006, 08:40 AM
http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/HalHathNoFury.jpg

old rigger
03-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Why did you put on a blue rubrail? Don't tell me to match the berkeley on the transom adapter. And why the valve cover spacers? Just curious Budlight
How long you been around rigging boats? That's tape covering the trim.
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11627

Cs19
03-03-2006, 08:42 AM
lol..

Wicked Performance Boats
03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
I didn't ask you any Questions! I haven't been rigging boats my whole life, and I'm not pretending to know everything like some people on here. BUT when I rig a boat, I don't need to put tape on the rubrail to protect it from damage from tools, hoses, or that beerbelly with a great big cowboy beltbuckle. I was taught to use better care than that. Aren't you going to answer my question about the valve covers too old gizzer. Budlight

old rigger
03-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I didn't ask you any Questions! I haven't been rigging boats my whole life, and I'm not pretending to know everything like some people on here. BUT when I rig a boat, I don't need to put tape on the rubrail to protect it from damage from tools, hoses, or that beerbelly with a great big cowboy beltbuckle. I was taught to use better care than that. Aren't you going to answer my question about the valve covers too old gizzer. Budlight
Pretty touchy for a guy that's built one boat. By the way, when your rigging, what do you use to protect the trim or the edges of the gunales? Tape works great and the blues stuff's wonderful to use cause it doesn't leave a residue.
Covering those area shows great care in my crappy opinion. Please,tell me what the pros like you use.
You need to take a chill pill, I was just jokin'. I see CS19 (a rigger) saw the humor in it.

Wicked Performance Boats
03-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Pretty touchy for a guy that's built one boat. By the way, when your rigging, what do you use to protect the trim or the edges of the gunales? Tape works great and the blues stuff's wonderful to use cause it doesn't leave a residue.
Covering those area shows great care in my crappy opinion. Please,tell me what the pros like you use.
You need to take a chill pill, I was just jokin'. I see CS19 (a rigger) saw the humor in it.
Where does it say I've only rigged ONE boat smartass? and I'm old school, I still like regular masking tape! ANd When just joking, try j/k afterwards. Budlight Now back to the thread, I'm done

boater012
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
What kind of horsepower are these bubble deck hallett hulls capable of handling, and how do they handle at high speeds say 70 and above??? im doing a buildup in my spare time and was looking for some opinions on these hulls!

FLEA DIDDY
03-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Jesus there is alot people with there TAMPONS IN SIDEWAYS this month, :rolleyes: Whole lot of :argue: this month. Anyways to the thread starter looks good bro, keep up the good work.

Wicked Performance Boats
03-03-2006, 09:30 AM
What kind of horsepower are these bubble deck hallett hulls capable of handling, and how do they handle at high speeds say 70 and above??? im doing a buildup in my spare time and was looking for some opinions on these hulls!
Try Tom Bandy Boat 028 He's got one of the fastest Halletts around and a great guy. I just don't know his current handle Budlight ps. That's his boat in the pic that CS19 posted

old rigger
03-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Where does it say I've only rigged ONE boat smartass? and I'm old school, I still like regular masking tape! ANd When just joking, try j/k afterwards. Budlight Now back to the thread, I'm done
You just pulled your first boat, before that told every one that this was a new venture for you. For all I knew you were a truck driver before that.
So, you do use tape after all to protect the boat! But you said...
"BUT when I rig a boat, I don't need to put tape on the rubrail to protect it from damage from tools, hoses, or that beerbelly with a great big cowboy beltbuckle. I was taught to use better care than that."
Evidently you weren't taught better than that. What a dumbass. And you will notice that there is no j/k after that.

boater012
03-03-2006, 09:57 AM
I still have some left over from the dog nut sucker post!!!

Riverat84
03-03-2006, 05:51 PM
good lord!......werent we talking about boats here? you know....all of our little floating engines?...sorry, im just laughing my ass off...go on...

Cs19
03-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Someone asked how much power they can handle.. I wouldnt see a problem putting 750-800 in one that was in good shape and had a good set up. MPD did Bandy's and its a great handling boat, its been over 100 mph at the races with a skinny kid behind the wheel, its a little slower with Bandy in there, like high 90's.He's always at CBBB with the hallet and Im sure he would give you guys a ride if you asked.
Lets see some more pics of the one above..
Also, a while back I saw a 19 hallet bubbledeck at MPD (like the ones shown above) where they guy was fully restoring it and it was absolutly amazing. Im hoping he shows up on the boards and posts pics of the completed project, guy was from idaho or something.

bottom feeder
03-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Boat is looking great. All top notch work! Motor plate turned out nice. If you need a helping hand during crunch time let me know :cool:

Cs19
03-04-2006, 09:46 PM
was this boat re-gelled? if so, who did the work?

Cs19
03-04-2006, 09:48 PM
a while back I saw a 19 hallet bubbledeck at MPD (like the ones shown above) where they guy was fully restoring it and it was absolutly amazing. Im hoping he shows up on the boards and posts pics of the completed project, guy was from idaho or something.
im an idiot, i think this is the boat i saw at mpd. haha