PDA

View Full Version : Bush to Congress...WE ARE AT WAR!!!

boatsnblondes
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
You bunch of cowardly lionous traiters.....all of ya...:mad: :mad:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071101/D8SL1G202.html

Old Texan
11-02-2007, 09:33 AM
"When it comes to funding our troops, some in Washington should spend more time responding to the warnings of terrorists like Osama bin Laden and the requests of our commanders on the ground," Bush said, "and less time responding to the demands of MoveOn.org bloggers and Code Pink protesters."
Says a lot about where Congress has their priorities.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 10:36 AM
You bunch of cowardly lionous traiters.....all of ya...:mad: :mad:
BnB, what is a "lionous traiter" Please help us with this one.
"When it comes to funding our troops, some in Washington should spend more time responding to the warnings of terrorists like Osama bin Laden and the requests of our commanders on the ground," Bush said, "and less time responding to the demands of MoveOn.org bloggers and Code Pink protesters."
Boy George got a standing ovation for this comment. Says a great deal about Bush supporters.
warnings of terrorists like Osama bin Laden But we went to war with Iraq instead.
Tell me this one, with all of the oil in Iraq, why have the Iraqi's not been paying for our help instead of the US borrowing 600 billion to fight a war in and for Iraq?

adjones419
11-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Speaking of bin Laden, 6 years and we still haven't found him?

Strippoker
11-02-2007, 10:47 AM
this book just came out maybe it will help
http://www.famousjames.com/waldo2.jpg
this is our great plan to find him....
http://l.yimg.com/www.flickr.com/images/spaceball.gif

SB
11-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I have been a solid Bush supporter,
BUT
I gotta say these little games are getting old.:confused:

boatsnblondes
11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Boy George got a standing ovation for this comment. Says a great deal about Bush supporters.
warnings of terrorists like Osama bin Laden But we went to war with Iraq instead.
Tell me this one, with all of the oil in Iraq, why have the Iraqi's not been paying for our help instead of the US borrowing 600 billion to fight a war in and for Iraq?
Well, leave it to you to come running in and defend them..good for you...question? whats it like to be so predictable??
And you misquoted me....I said Cowardly LIONOUS traiters...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Okay, it wasn't me this time, so please don't bite my head off, but I think he is correcting your spelling. LIONOUS isn't a word. And you spelled "traiter" wrong. I understood what you meant, so I didn't say anything. I agree, the are all a bunch of liars out for their own agenda that has nothing to do with the betterment of this country.
Ultra was just using your spelling to rib you. ;)

Not So Fast
11-02-2007, 11:17 AM
:D :D :D Oh boy John, now youve done it. :D NSF

atomickitn
11-02-2007, 11:45 AM
this I don't get .....we are there helping them and they are not paying us......hummm I think ( most of our country )thinks we should just bring our people home and let them sort out there differences .......with out the aid of the USA ...heck while there at it round up all the undocumented trash and ship them home.....:)

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Well, leave it to you to come running in and defend them..good for you...question? whats it like to be so predictable??
And you misquoted me....I said Cowardly LIONOUS traiters...
Again I will ask you WTF is a Cowardly LIONOUS traiter?
I'm not going get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man, Engineer Bill.
this I don't get .....we are there helping them and they are not paying us......hummm I think ( most of our country )thinks we should just bring our people home and let them sort out there differences .......with out the aid of the USA ...heck while there at it round up all the undocumented trash and ship them home.....:)
My point is with all of the oil in Iraq, why is the US paying over 90 a barrel for oil after the US spending 600 billion dollars on the Iraqi war?
The numbers don't add up.

bigq
11-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Again I will ask you WTF is a Cowardly LIONOUS traiter?
I'm not going get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man, Engineer Bill.
Please just tell us what a Cowardly LIONOUS traiter is.
My point is with all of the oil in Iraq, why is the US paying over 90 a barrel for oil after the US spending 600 billion dollars on the Iraqi war?
The numbers don't add up.
How much oil does the US actually get from the middle east? it is a small percentage. Not defending the engineer here but if we take a lot of the oil will you be saying that the war was all for oil?

Old Texan
11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
The statement says more about our Congress. Hating / blaming Bush doesn't solve any problems with Congressional laziness and non committment to their responsibilities.
Of course we all know that MoveOn.org is irrelevant to some.....:rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 01:09 PM
How much oil does the US actually get from the middle east? it is a small percentage. Not defending the engineer here but if we take a lot of the oil will you be saying that the war was all for oil?
I am aware that we get the majority of our oil from Canada. If Iraq provided us with compenation, in the form of oil, I wouldn't be saying the war is about oil, any more or less than ever. I'm not suggesting that the US take anything.
I am concerned about the US economy as I am concerned about coruption in Iraq. The US can't continue with this situation at a cost like the 196 billion Bush is asking for, for the war in 2008. IMO, it is insane.
The statement says more about our Congress. Hating / blaming Bush doesn't solve any problems with Congressional laziness and non committment to their responsibilities.
Of course we all know that MoveOn.org is irrelevant to some.....:rolleyes:
Obviously moveon.org is relevant to Mr. Bush and the Republicans. I don't follow or pay any attention to moveon.

Wazoo
11-02-2007, 01:28 PM
http://www.infowars.com/Check out this web site if you are really interested in whats really going on with our country. It is a really informative site. Main stream media is a joke. It's loaded with propaganda. This site tells you how it really is.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.infowars.com/Check out this web site if you are really interested in whats really going on with our country. It is a really informative site. Main stream media is a joke. It's loaded with propaganda. This site tells you how it really is.
Thanks. Will check it out.

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Geez wahat kind of leftist are you? Because Bush and Haliburton are stealing all of the oil for their own consumption. Didn't you get the memo?:rolleyes:

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I know where he is, in the mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
All you have to do is invade Pakistan, our ally, hunt him down in the 20,000 foot high mountains and catch him.:rolleyes:
What, do you think he has street address where the FBI can just roll up and grab him?
How fcking long did it take to find the unabomber in our own country? He was only found when his brother ratted him out. What do think this is, television?

framer1
11-02-2007, 02:20 PM
I know where he is, in the mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
All you have to do is invade Pakistan, our ally, hunt him down in the 20,000 foot high mountains and catch him.:rolleyes:
What, do you think he has street address where the FBI can just roll up and grab him?
How fcking long did it take to find the unabomber in our own country? He was only found when his brother ratted him out. What do think this is, television?
Good post:idea:

Not So Fast
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Dont forget we can track a freekin cow from birth, entry point into this country, it's present location to determine where the E-Coli or mad cow came from but a 6'5" rag head who is on dialyisis (sp) is beyond our scope. Nope I dont buy it, he is a pretty distinctive guy that has eluded all of our efforts to locate him. :( NSF

OutCole'd
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Dont forget we can track a freekin cow from birth, entry point into this country, it's present location to determine where the E-Coli or mad cow came from but a 6'5" rag head who is on dialyisis (sp) is beyond our scope. Nope I dont buy it, he is a pretty distinctive guy that has eluded all of our efforts to locate him. :( NSF
Exactly.....

Old Texan
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
How long did it take to find Eric Robert Rudolph in the Blue Ridge Mountains which by the way are in the US and nowhere near as desolate as the mtns. in Pakistan. And then it was a fluke when he walked into a security guard.
Still pretty good odds are bin Laden is dead.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Exactly. I just wish we knew ALL of the facts. I know it makes me wonder about our efforts.

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 03:36 PM
What the hell do cows have to do with a terrorist who is a hero to a BILLION people that is doing everything he can to not get caught? A terrorist in the most inaccessable, rugged terrain on earth surrounded by 100's of thousands of supporters.
What a stupid fckin anaolgy.:rolleyes:

2Driver
11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I think the analogy was more based toward the technology we have vs them and we still haven’t gotten him. We’ll be into this thing for $1,000,000,000,000 and we still are not winning against guys on a bikes wearing explosive backpacks.
Mission accomplished
Last throws of the war
Wait just another 6 months
At what point to you question ability and judgment of the President?

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 03:50 PM
I think the analogy was more based toward the technology we have vs them and we still haven’t gotten him. We’ll be into this thing for $1,000,000,000,000 and we still are not winning against guys on a bikes wearing explosive backpacks. :mad:
Not true at all.
Whats wrong in Afghanistan?
Our problem is trying to fight a "polite" war, it gets our soldiers killed.:mad:

2Driver
11-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Not true at all.
Whats wrong in Afghanistan?
Our problem is trying to fight a "polite" war, it gets our soldiers killed.:mad:
Totally agree and we still haven’t figured out a how to fight a guerilla war since leaving Vietnam. I am sure that if we ever have another battle of Midway we will win. In the meantime the battles are in the streets, including ours. We better find a way to seperate the bad Achemds from the good Achmeds or we will just be in a "life war" like they have been for a 1,000 years.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 03:55 PM
What the hell do cows have to do with a terrorist who is a hero to a BILLION people that is doing everything he can to not get caught? A terrorist in the most inaccessable, rugged terrain on earth surrounded by 100's of thousands of supporters.
the man made a point, like it or not. Take a pill, drink a beer and go eat some raw fish. Maybe you will feel better. :D
BTW, you know where Osama is yet we can't get him. Makes sense to me, NOT :mad: :mad:
Totally agree and we still haven’t figured out a how to fight a guerilla war since leaving Vietnam.
Many Americans wonder why we needed to fight a guerrilla war in Iraq, when we hadn't completed the task in Afghanistan. In 2003, Bush told the American people that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Africa, which at the time, was known to be false.
I would like the facts surrounding Iraq, as I don't believe the American people have been told the truth.

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 04:01 PM
the man made a point, like it or not. Take a pill, drink a beer and go eat some raw fish. Maybe you will feel better. :D
BTW, you know where Osama is yet we can't get him. Makes sense to me, NOT :mad: :mad:
That's because you're an idiot. Read my post, do want to invade Pakistan? Nuke the Hindu Kush?
Again, we couldn't find the fcking unabomber, in our own country, with no ALLIES until his brother RATTED HIM OUT.
Real life isn't television.
Gwadamn liberals are fckn STUPID!:mad:

2Driver
11-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Many Americans wonder why we needed to fight a guerrilla war in Iraq, when we hadn't completed the task in Afghanistan. In 2003, Bush told the American people that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Africa, which at the time, was known to be false.
I would like the facts surrounding Iraq, as I don't believe the American people have been told the truth.
Yep, Funny now after 5 years we can look back and uderstand why George Sr. decided not to chase Saddam Hussein back to Iraq.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 04:13 PM
That's because you're an idiot. Read my post, do want to invade Pakistan? Nuke the Hindu Kush?
Again, we couldn't find the fcking unabomber, in our own country, with no ALLIES until his brother RATTED HIM OUT.
Real life isn't television.
Gwadamn liberals are fckn STUPID!:mad:
I read your post and found it to be more of your illiterate bullsh*t.
You wouldn't understand intelligence if slapped you silly. It's folks like you that discourage people from trying to discuss and resolve issues.
Yep, Funny now after 5 years we can look back and uderstand why George Sr. decided not to chase Saddam Hussein back to Iraq.
Heck we knew in 1993, and little changed except 9/11 which had nothing to do with Saddam.
5 years and nearing a trillion borrowed dollars.

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I would like the facts surrounding Iraq, as I don't believe the American people have been told the truth.[/QUOTE]
It was yellow cake and he did, read the Downing Street Memos.
Better yet have an adult read it to you, your comprehensive skills are sorely lacking.:rolleyes:

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
We stood by the UN mandates thats why, didn't work did it?

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Ultralefty, explain to all of the unwashed masses just how you would go about invading an ally and capture OBL?
Send in Jack Bauer? Spiderman? Rosie?
liberals are SCUM

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 04:44 PM
We stood by the UN mandates thats why, didn't work did it?
If we followed the UN, we would not have invaded Iraq.
Ultralefty, explain to all of the unwashed masses just how you would go about invading an ally and capture OBL?
Send in Jack Bauer? Spiderman? Rosie?
liberals are SCUM
You actually expect anyone to take you seriously?
It's called intelligence, covert intelligence. NOT BOMB OR INVADE.
In 2003,while preparing Americans to go to war with Iraq, Bush told the American people that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Africa, which at the time, was known to be false.
Where is your smartass answer to this fact?

ThongMagnet
11-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Have We ever seen a world at peace? If anybody thinks it is possible, then tell us how in a worldly way.
WE (United States) have been somewhat privledged, that leading edge technology over the last 100 years has been developed "faster" on U.S. Soil.
Now "faster" is measured in nano seconds, and We (the U.S.) are loosing the edge of having time on our side.
A dozen men from arab countries took down more than a city block of New York in one morning. We (the U.S.) took out a government in Iraq in three weeks. Over the last four years "We" can not find a suitable replacement government for Iraq.
Iraq will be just like Germany, 40 years to find peace. The only difference is Iran wants to control half of Iraq, rather than Russia controlling east Germany.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Have We ever seen a world at peace? If anybody thinks it is possible, then tell us how in a worldly way.
WE (United States) have been somewhat privledged, that leading edge technology over the last 100 years has been developed "faster" on U.S. Soil.
Now "faster" is measured in nano seconds, and We (the U.S.) are loosing the edge of having time on our side.
A dozen men from arab countries took down more than a city block of New York in one morning. We (the U.S.) took out a government in Iraq in three weeks. Over the last four years "We" can not find a suitable replacement government for Iraq.
Iraq will be just like Germany, 40 years to find peace. The only difference is Iran wants to control half of Iraq, rather than Russia controlling east Germany.
Good post.

Not So Fast
11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
The analogy was that we can track something as insignificant as a cow but yet the US and all of its allies and superior technology can't find this most wanted person, even you have to wonder about that.:idea:
Why do you come on a public forum and start calling people stupid and using profanity just to make your point? Isnt that what the U.S. about, different points of view? You meat, are the one that comes off stupid by your slinging of the insults and your narrow point of view. I may not know as much as you (or at least as much as you think you know) but I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours, the difference between us is that I wont start the mud slinging like you because I'm a better person!! Have a nice day. NSF

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
BULLSHIT!
He violated all of the UN mandates under the CEACE FIRE agreement. Idiot do some research.
For fuks sake, you actually think TV is real life don't you?:rolleyes:
When you invade another country covertly or overtly you are invading.
Come on lib boy is it Jack Bauer? Chuck Norris? Superman? Exactly how would you libs go about it?
In 2003,while preparing Americans to go to war with Iraq, Bush told the American people that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Africa, which at the time, was known to be false.
It's not true, read the Downing Street Memos you brainwashed child.

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
BULLSHIT!
He violated all of the UN mandates under the CEACE FIRE agreement. Idiot do some research.
For fuks sake, you actually think TV is real life don't you?:rolleyes:
When you invade another country covertly or overtly you are invading.
Come on lib boy is it Jack Bauer? Chuck Norris? Superman? Exactly how would you libs go about it?

OverKill
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Where in heck is that F**King popcorn??:D

OverKill
11-02-2007, 05:19 PM
OH there it is
http://www.popcorn.org/images/photos/Popcorn_Bowl.jpg

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 05:20 PM
The analogy was that we can track something as insignificant as a cow but yet the US and all of its allies and superior technology can't find this most wanted person, even you have to wonder about that.:idea:
Why do you come on a public forum and start calling people stupid and using profanity just to make your point? Isnt that what the U.S. about, different points of view? You meat, are the one that comes off stupid by your slinging of the insults and your narrow point of view. I may not know as much as you (or at least as much as you think you know) but I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours, the difference between us is that I wont start the mud slinging like you because I'm a better person!! Have a nice day. NSF
I'll make it simple for you.
The cows aren't trying to hide and they are...............cows.
Not hard to track.:rolleyes: :D

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
OH there it is
http://www.popcorn.org/images/photos/Popcorn_Bowl.jpg
Thanks! I was getting a little hungry.:D
Got a beer to go with that?

Schiada76
11-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I apologize for jumping your chit.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Kool Aid. Get your Kool-aid.
There is only one set of facts about this, and if Downing Street Memos call it different, the memos are wrong. People all around Bush have admited this.
Bush may not have known that his comment about Africa was false, at that moment, but his VP did, as Cheney knew the facts and reviewed Bush's written speech, prior to Bush giving it.
Why don't you stop just sayin' stupid sh*t just to piss people off and start using your head for a change.
I apologize for jumping your chit.:D
Please disregard. Maybe you have some class after all

OverKill
11-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks! I was getting a little hungry.:D
Got a beer to go with that?
Here ya go brother, this should be for a good time.
Please keep pics to 800 wide max, makes forum impossible to read if larger, thanx, Rexone

Not So Fast
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I'll make it simple for you.
The cows aren't trying to hide and they are...............cows.
Not hard to track.:rolleyes: :D
Thanks for clearing that up for poor ole me as I aint to smart about this here stuff. Lets see, we're talking about how many hundreds of thousands of unrecogonizeable cows that go to slaughter versus a very tall, well recognized the world over terrorist, who requires dialyisis (sp, again as I aint smart like you all) and makes tapes of himself talking about killing all the infidels, jihad and crap like that. I dont know for sure but I think the latter would be the easier target to locate, as we are the best equipped nation in the world as far as surveliance and technology. I dont believe he is dead either, one can hope but no I dont think he is and we need to find him and silence him. We found Saddam didnt we. Good hunting!! NSF

ULTRA26 # 1
11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Overkill, that is quite a collection. :)

Wazoo
11-02-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.infowars.com/sept11_archive.htmYou guys really need research this site and you would not be bickering. Bin Laden is nothing but a Patsy. If you really believe he orchestrated all this from a cave in another Country. DO some real research!!!! Don't just go by what they want you to hear in the main stream media. They are all tied together. You don't have to take my word for it. Research it for yourself. This link will take to the site where most your questions will be answered. The address I left in the other post might be hard to find what your looking. This will make it easier for you.

Heater
11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
What is your solution Rambo?

Heater
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Your mad cow doesn't have thousands of sympathizers hiding it either...

Heater
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
The only reason we stopped was not for fear but merely that the objective was to free Kuwait, once that was accomplished George Sr had to stop. George Sr should have stated from the beginning that the objective would be to free Kuwait and regime change for Iraq. If that would have been stated in the beginning we would have annihilated Saddam and his whole Armed Forces in a matter of days as we were in the process already and had to be stopped..

Heater
11-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for poor ole me as I aint to smart about this here stuff. Lets see, we're talking about how many hundreds of thousands of unrecogonizeable cows that go to slaughter versus a very tall, well recognized the world over terrorist, who requires dialyisis (sp, again as I aint smart like you all) and makes tapes of himself talking about killing all the infidels, jihad and crap like that. I dont know for sure but I think the latter would be the easier target to locate, as we are the best equipped nation in the world as far as surveliance and technology. I dont believe he is dead either, one can hope but no I dont think he is and we need to find him and silence him. We found Saddam didnt we. Good hunting!! NSF
No, we didn't find Saddam, he was outed by people close to him.....this will most likely be the only way we find Usama too....

bordsmnj
11-03-2007, 01:01 AM
ahem. i have a few questions. right before and up the point that we invaded the middle east were not all the liberals on the same we gotta take it to them band wagon?it's a documented fact that they (hilary kerry and so forth)in congress they were beating their chest. like good liberals they flip flopped.remember?
does anyone remember (ibelieve right before we invaded) that france and germany and maybe others in the un got caught taking bribes from the middle east? sadom huesain being one of them if not the one. it's a fact. not to widely spoken of on liberal news media. whatever was the outcome of that?
does g. bush really harbor some secret desire to start wars for no good reason? i thought all that bullshit that the liberals stired up accusing him of missrepresenting the facts was thrown out on it's ass as just another spin created for the media to feed on for the elections . it was pretty obvious at the time but every one still flogs that dead horse.
the liberals are always bashing the repulican incumants saying "oh, your doing it all wrong" just once i'd like to see some feasable plan put forth instead of" oh, if i was in office i'd do it 'right' "just leave the middle east, right. sounds good but how long before something bad happend like say..oh they fly a plain into a building and kill a few thousand innocent folks?? or far worse. imagine for a second that the world trade center deal was nuclear. phuuuuuck.
i figure there's enough liberal garbage on tv. i don't watch the news anymore because of it.it saddens me to read that silly (liberal) bullshit here.
have a nice day.
edit: i know there are some gross spelling errors here but.....deal with it

hoolign
11-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Here ya go brother, this should be for a good time.
please keep pics to 800 wide max, Rexone
Mississippi mud! One of my personal favorites :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Is that 99 bottles of beer on the wall?

OverKill
11-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Is that 99 bottles of beer on the wall?
HAHAHAHA LOL. Hey let's play find the Hienekin. If you can find the Hienekin I will buy you a 24 pack of beer of your choice.:D
OverKill
P.S. Of course I would have to help you drink it all down ya know :) :)

Schiada76
11-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Hey!
Wait a minute:idea:
You focker! Those are all empties.:mad:
WTF good are they?:( :D :D

asch
11-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Ultra was just using your spelling to rib you. ;)
Not sure about that. Have you seen the exchange these two have gotten into on other threads not to mention ultras increased frequency with name calling? It's gone well beyond ribbing or spelling correction. That might pass with others over in the sandbar, but we're talking politics here, of which, both U26 and BNB are very much opposed....from my vantage point anyway.
As for the topic of this thread, yeah, this country needs to pull its head out and get down to business of making war and finishing the job with as little distraction as possible. Sorry, contrary to you nut jobs that think the US is an evil imperialist empire, think again. We are not in it for world domination unlike Islam and the countries that control those governments.
Islam and its resulting terrorism was thrust upon US, not the other way way around!
Whatever you want to say about WMD's not being there or here or somewhere, so what! We aren't just after any weapons, whether they exist or not, we're after the people who desire to use them. This IS a GLOBAL war. We need to get that straight! Only if and when we get over this PC, nitpicking, finger pointing bullshit, will we have a chance to finish the job.
This is a global war against radical ISLAM. If it's not brought under a manageable level, we and other westernized countries WILL pay for it big time.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Thought I would try to ID the Heini
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42390&stc=1&d=1194130596
Not sure about that. Have you seen the exchange these two have gotten into on other threads not to mention ultras increased frequency with name calling? It's gone well beyond ribbing or spelling correction. That might pass with others over in the sandbar, but we're talking politics here, of which, both U26 and BNB are very much opposed....from my vantage point anyway.
As for the topic of this thread, yeah, this country needs to pull its head out and get down to business of making war and finishing the job with as little distraction as possible. Sorry, contrary to you nut jobs that think the US is an evil imperialist empire, think again. We are not in it for world domination unlike Islam and the countries that control those governments.
Islam and its resulting terrorism was thrust upon US, not the other way way around!
Whatever you want to say about WMD's not being there or here or somewhere, so what! We aren't just after any weapons, whether they exist or not, we're after the people who desire to use them. This IS a GLOBAL war. We need to get that straight! Only if and when we get over this PC, nitpicking, finger pointing bullshit, will we have a chance to finish the job.
This is a global war against radical ISLAM. If it's not brought under a manageable level, we and other westernized countries WILL pay for it big time.
Asch, you have balls coming on here and talking about me calling other names.
I am not alone in my belief that we are wasting American lives and money that we don't have continuing to fight in Iraq.
It seems fairly clear that our current approach isn't working. Our military has done it's job in Iraq, and a great job they have done.
It's time to bring the majority of our troops home.
Don't you think that it is time to change your avatar. Patriotic it isn't

boatsnblondes
11-03-2007, 04:08 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42390&stc=1&d=1194130596
I am not alone in my belief that we are wasting American lives and money that we don't have continuing to fight in Iraq.
It seems fairly clear that our current approach isn't working. Our military has done it's job in Iraq, and a great job they have done.
Like you are any expert on patriotic?? You wouldn't know true patriotism if it hit you square in the face....and I wish it would...dumazz....:mad:

Blown 472
11-03-2007, 04:16 PM
So when do we start bombing the saudis?? after all they trained and influanced them folks that flew the planes into the buildings, please answer the question without any bs.

asch
11-03-2007, 05:05 PM
So when do we start bombing the saudis?? after all they trained and influanced them folks that flew the planes into the buildings, please answer the question without any bs.
Just as soon we as we get done with Iran, Syria and the rest. Of course they'll change their attitude at that point.

Blown 472
11-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Just as soon we as we get done with Iran, Syria and the rest. Of course they'll change their attitude at that point.
And Iran and Syria have done what to us? what about indonisia and every other muslim country?
Saudis will never acount for anything as long as they are giving money to gdumbya, but you just keep believing all that stuff, the prez needs folks like you.

SnoC653
11-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Let me start this post by distingishing the difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is a lack of knowlege. Ignorance can be overcome with teaching and studying. Stupid is a condition where despite knowlege being taught and alegedly learned a person still can't figure out a fact. Never debate a point with a stupid person it serves no point as they will never learn. Never argue with an ignorant person it belittles them. Instead educate them. That being said, Lets clear up a few of the falsehoods that have been spoken in this thread. We can track a cow all over the country (Ture) only because the owners willingly complete paperwork to register the cow and update said paper work as a matter of doing business. If you can get Osama to kindly fill out traking paperwork, I'm confident we'd know where he was. Bush Sr. stopped pursuing Saddam in the 1st Gulf War (again fact). The lie was why he stopped. We stopped because our employers (the Saudis and the Kuwaities) only wanted him out of Kuwait and his military reduced so he would stop being a nuciance. If you don't think we were hired do some research and find out how much the 1st Gulf War cost this country. Here's a hint: not one dime. The Saudis and the Kuwait Gov't reimbursed the US for every dime spent and even offered to give every one of us that was there a Cash bonus for our efforts (our Gov't declined the cash bonus for us). We did get a really nice medal with a real ruby in it instead. If you want me to believe you are so all fired patriotic say the word and I'll have a National Guard recruiter at your door the next day to get you signed up. I doubt if either side of this arguement will take me up on that offer. It is much easier to talk about what we really don't know than to walk the walk. If you don't think we are winning in Iraq you tell me what you think our Mission there is. If you think at this point in time it is anything less than maintaining the integrity of the goverment structure in Iraq until it can stand on it's own then again you are wrong. If you haven't been there to have an Iraqi tell you they, the Iraqi people, owe us, the American people, a debt that they may never be able to repay you have no room to talk. By the way that a debt worth much more than what Pres Bush is asking for to keep the mission going. When is the last time a terrorist set off a road side bomb in the US. hmmmm let me see.... NEVER! I'd say it's working. You're here safe and sound, The new Iraqi Government is growing stronger every day, Some people, whom might not think the American people have the resolve to finish a project or task if it doesn't have immediate results are rethinking thier positions, and most important of all a lot of stupid people get to spend countless hours arguing points they couldn't really find on thier own if it stuck them in the Ass.
If you were merely ignorant before I'll appoligize for the last comment as maybe now you are a little more educated. If you're too stupid to figure out the facts, you're propbably too stupid to know that same comment was aimed at you.
I feel better now..... all vented.:D

Heater
11-03-2007, 05:19 PM
And Iran and Syria have done what to us? what about indonisia and every other muslim country?
Saudis will never acount for anything as long as they are giving money to gdumbya, but you just keep believing all that stuff, the prez needs folks like you.
Please back up your statement about the Saudi's giving THE PRESIDENT money with facts...no BS please...

Blown 472
11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Please back up your statement about the Saudi's giving THE PRESIDENT money with facts...no BS please...
I am sure you can find it, just google it.

Heater
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Once again you can't back up what you say....it has become your track record, therefore anything you say is merely BS...

centerhill condor
11-03-2007, 06:05 PM
things would have been different had the Congress been hit with a 767.
CC

Schiada76
11-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Let me start this post by distingishing the difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is a lack of knowlege. Ignorance can be overcome with teaching and studying. Stupid is a condition where despite knowlege being taught and alegedly learned a person still can't figure out a fact. Never debate a point with a stupid person it serves no point as they will never learn. Never argue with an ignorant person it belittles them. Instead educate them. That being said, Lets clear up a few of the falsehoods that have been spoken in this thread. We can track a cow all over the country (Ture) only because the owners willingly complete paperwork to register the cow and update said paper work as a matter of doing business. If you can get Osama to kindly fill out traking paperwork, I'm confident we'd know where he was. Bush Sr. stopped pursuing Saddam in the 1st Gulf War (again fact). The lie was why he stopped. We stopped because our employers (the Saudis and the Kuwaities) only wanted him out of Kuwait and his military reduced so he would stop being a nuciance. If you don't think we were hired do some research and find out how much the 1st Gulf War cost this country. Here's a hint: not one dime. The Saudis and the Kuwait Gov't reimbursed the US for every dime spent and even offered to give every one of us that was there a Cash bonus for our efforts (our Gov't declined the cash bonus for us). We did get a really nice medal with a real ruby in it instead. If you want me to believe you are so all fired patriotic say the word and I'll have a National Guard recruiter at your door the next day to get you signed up. I doubt if either side of this arguement will take me up on that offer. It is much easier to talk about what we really don't know than to walk the walk. If you don't think we are winning in Iraq you tell me what you think our Mission there is. If you think at this point in time it is anything less than maintaining the integrity of the goverment structure in Iraq until it can stand on it's own then again you are wrong. If you haven't been there to have an Iraqi tell you they, the Iraqi people, owe us, the American people, a debt that they may never be able to repay you have no room to talk. By the way that a debt worth much more than what Pres Bush is asking for to keep the mission going. When is the last time a terrorist set off a road side bomb in the US. hmmmm let me see.... NEVER! I'd say it's working. You're here safe and sound, The new Iraqi Government is growing stronger every day, Some people, whom might not think the American people have the resolve to finish a project or task if it doesn't have immediate results are rethinking thier positions, and most important of all a lot of stupid people get to spend countless hours arguing points they couldn't really find on thier own if it stuck them in the Ass.
If you were merely ignorant before I'll appoligize for the last comment as maybe now you are a little more educated. If you're too stupid to figure out the facts, you're propbably too stupid to know that same comment was aimed at you.
I feel better now..... all vented.:D
So, what exactly will the guard do with with a fifty three year old patriot?
I'm interested. Seriously. I didn't serve and it's been a regret for a long time.

Schiada76
11-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Welcome back B472!
Did you get your injection dialed?

Schiada76
11-03-2007, 06:34 PM
At least the Stars and Bars show COMMITMENT, not give up and run away under the code pink flag.:rolleyes:

Schiada76
11-03-2007, 06:38 PM
WTF is up with "wide stance" posts?:D

3 daytona`s
11-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I read and listen to you and your pals criticize my PRESIDENT for this and that. I have never ever heard any of you tell us how will change things.:idea: Hell even your HILLARY ducked every question asked the other evening. I`m open for all ideas and proposals,just do not come in and throw Bombs, does not fly with me. And by the way my PRESIDENT inherited a cluster F_ _ K and lead us through an incredible event. Many predicted total collapse of our economy and he kept all well. I just keep wondering what is your plan? I will always have respect for President Bush and when thinking about a sitting president who commits perjury points to me and lies.:confused: That is a problem for me sir and his wife or what ever she is was a part of that team.I would not be proud of the team I fielded,if I were you. :rolleyes:

asch
11-03-2007, 08:56 PM
And Iran and Syria have done what to us? what about Indonesia and every other Muslim country?
Umm...Iran and Syria supplying munitions and personnel into Iraq?
Yes, Indonesia has it's terrorists should be dealt with accordingly. As far as the others, they best think twice before orchestrating attacks against us. That really should go for ANY nation with terrorist factions.
Probably right if that's true. Like I said the Saudis will change their attitude when it comes down to do or die.
On the grander scheme, I see America, unfortunately, being cornered into to a perpetual tit for tat like the Israeli/Palestinian deal for god knows how many years. That's why it's important to for the US to finish the job we started.
But we won't most likely, unless something as big or bigger than 9/11 happens. Barring that, it'll be a constant back-and-forth fight until someone gives up.

boatsnblondes
11-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Nice post 3D....I have to say this...Ultra goes looking for a fight....all the time. Last week, as you will recall, I posted some of the stupidest strings I could possibly think of on this board.....needless to say, Ultra came in and chimed in on nearly every one of them, and always took the opposite position to mine.
So I have come to a few conclusions about Mr. Ultra. First, when it comes to me, he will take the opposing view every time, just to be the devils advocate. He will ask for proof from you, and, when you give it, he will belittle it, discount it, anything he can to to make a fool of you, and take away from the real subject at hand. He has never once, in all my dealings with him, posted one shred, one iota of evidence to support his claims, but he will not hesitate to point out your flaws nearly instantly after you click enter to post.
I find him to be a true liberal, full of bullshit ideas, with no real substance to any of the ideals he espouses, he is as shallow as a birdbath in the summertime, and equally as useless. He is arrogant, lofty, self absorbed, and intolerant of any view except those he posts, but does not prove.
So I posted these dumazz strings last week, and sure enough, he came out and took the dumazz side of things, and I laughed at his responses from one end of the railroad to the other. If you said the sky was falling, he would call you chicken little and tell you to either prove it, or quit posting your beliefs and foisting them needlessly on others. Even though the sky was falling, he would tell you till hell froze over you are a liar and a dumazz for thinking that way. He has not only insulted me, but the vast majority of people on here who don't subscribe to his far left, liberal, socialist views. And in that, he truly shows the ignorance, the intolerance, the sheer stupidity of the far left...but to listen to him, he is superman, he has a great life, perfect kids, and is the perfect person to emulate on this board. He questions everything anyone says, and then when they answer him, he insults them and thier intelligence...nice. But characteristic of liberals. They are right, and no one else is...
I am proud to be a rightwing Republican, and I am PROUD of our country and of the incredible job George Bush has done these last 7 years...history will bear him out to be among the greatest Presidents in the history of this great Nation. I am a devout Christian, and try hard to live that life to the best of my abilities. I am truly everything in this world that ultra hates and despises. Which pleases me no end.
I have no intentions of changing, ever, for anyone or anything. I am what I am. Ultra chokes on his coffee every morning knowing that people like me exist. That also pleases me no end.
Some day, Ultra might just go out and do a little research, read a little, and maybe post what he finds back here, until that day, I will enjoy focking with his tiny little leftwing liberal brain like it's a hobby. Good night.:rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
11-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Nice post 3D....I have to say this...Ultra goes looking for a fight....all the time. Last week, as you will recall, I posted some of the stupidest strings I could possibly think of on this board.....needless to say, Ultra came in and chimed in on nearly every one of them, and always took the opposite position to mine.
So I have come to a few conclusions about Mr. Ultra. First, when it comes to me, he will take the opposing view every time, just to be the devils advocate. He will ask for proof from you, and, when you give it, he will belittle it, discount it, anything he can to to make a fool of you, and take away from the real subject at hand. He has never once, in all my dealings with him, posted one shred, one iota of evidence to support his claims, but he will not hesitate to point out your flaws nearly instantly after you click enter to post.
I find him to be a true liberal, full of bullshit ideas, with no real substance to any of the ideals he espouses, he is as shallow as a birdbath in the summertime, and equally as useless. He is arrogant, lofty, self absorbed, and intolerant of any view except those he posts, but does not prove.
So I posted these dumazz strings last week, and sure enough, he came out and took the dumazz side of things, and I laughed at his responses from one end of the railroad to the other. If you said the sky was falling, he would call you chicken little and tell you to either prove it, or quit posting your beliefs and foisting them needlessly on others. Even though the sky was falling, he would tell you till hell froze over you are a liar and a dumazz for thinking that way. He has not only insulted me, but the vast majority of people on here who don't subscribe to his far left, liberal, socialist views. And in that, he truly shows the ignorance, the intolerance, the sheer stupidity of the far left...but to listen to him, he is superman, he has a great life, perfect kids, and is the perfect person to emulate on this board. He questions everything anyone says, and then when they answer him, he insults them and thier intelligence...nice. But characteristic of liberals. They are right, and no one else is...
I am proud to be a rightwing Republican, and I am PROUD of our country and of the incredible job George Bush has done these last 7 years...history will bear him out to be among the greatest Presidents in the history of this great Nation. I am a devout Christian, and try hard to live that life to the best of my abilities. I am truly everything in this world that ultra hates and despises. Which pleases me no end.
I have no intentions of changing, ever, for anyone or anything. I am what I am. Ultra chokes on his coffee every morning knowing that people like me exist. That also pleases me no end.
Some day, Ultra might just go out and do a little research, read a little, and maybe post what he finds back here, until that day, I will enjoy focking with his tiny little leftwing liberal brain like it's a hobby. Good night.:rolleyes:
BnB
I am proud to be a rightwing Republican, and I am PROUD of our country and of the incredible job George Bush has done these last 7 years...
BnB, Thanks for the press. Everyone on Hot Boat understands that you are special. Nobody needs me to help them to understand this.
BnB
I am a devout Christian, and try hard to live that life to the best of my abilities. I am truly everything in this world that ultra hates and despises
I do despise ignorance, and those who use the Christian faith as a shield. There is nothing that I admire more than one who lives by his faith, no matter what that faith is. You have demonstrated repeatedly, with your tri-polar outbursts, that you are not one to be admired.
BnB, just to clarify that you continue to be delusional.
BnB
I have to say this...Ultra goes looking for a fight....all the time. Last week, as you will recall, I posted some of the stupidest strings I could possibly think of on this board.....needless to say, Ultra came in and chimed in on nearly every one of them, and always took the opposite position to mine.
BnB stupid post 1
Are you a mayonnaise type of person? Or a Miracle whip type of person?? Which one is it?? And is one group better than the other????:idea:
Hate Miricle Whip and like Mayo and blue cheese. Thought you said I was a POS lefty, Democrat. Now I'm all confused. :confused:
A Republicrat, Libserative :2purples:
BnB stupid post 2
Which IS better? Toilet paper? Or a corn cob???? And what do you think it says about the person who prefers one over the other???:devil:
Tom,
How did you get BnB to give you his/her picture? :D :D
BnB's been doin' the little foot tap under the stall. Now I get it :D :D
Sorry for being so tough on you. :2purples:

SnoC653
11-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Ultra26 if you want to do something for the troups go volunteer to help with the family care group. You're never too old to do something. As for you being a Patriot, hmmmm I believe you'd like to be one, in fact I'll even go so far as to say you probably believe you are one, but a true patriot doesn't sit around all day moaning and groaning about how poor the president is. A true patriot realized this country is lead by the person elected by the majority of it's citizens (at least a majority of the ones that got up off their butts and voted). We don't have to agree with every word out of the president's mouth and there is no constitutional gurantee that he will be the perfect president. But we do sir, need to respect the office and the person in that office doing the job. I dare say you couldn't do half the job Bush does, nor for that matter could the others do half the job that Clinton did. Irregardless of their shortcomings, If even a fraction of you Bush bashers or Clinton Clubbers were even remotely qualifed or capable we could hear your retoric in a campaign speach and not just on some form where your best replies seem to be "OH YEAH?" and "Prove It!" If you want to be a patriot act like it, be proud of our country and it's elected leaders. And go out and do something to help. Guarenteed that somewhere near you there is a deployed soldiers family that could use a little help. Go offer to mow the yard for the mother trying to get by while her man's deployed. Sign up to be a volunteer grandparent for kids that need a male role model while dad is stuck soldiering. In other words go do something don't just sit and complain.

YeLLowBoaT
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Ultra26 if you want to do something for the troups go volunteer to help with the family care group. You're never too old to do something. As for you being a Patriot, hmmmm I believe you'd like to be one, in fact I'll even go so far as to say you probably believe you are one, but a true patriot doesn't sit around all day moaning and groaning about how poor the president is. A true patriot realized this country is lead by the person elected by the majority of it's citizens (at least a majority of the ones that got up off their butts and voted). We don't have to agree with every word out of the president's mouth and there is no constitutional gurantee that he will be the perfect president. But we do sir, need to respect the office and the person in that office doing the job. I dare say you couldn't do half the job Bush does, nor for that matter could the others do half the job that Clinton did. Irregardless of their shortcomings, If even a fraction of you Bush bashers or Clinton Clubbers were even remotely qualifed or capable we could hear your retoric in a campaign speach and not just on some form where your best replies seem to be "OH YEAH?" and "Prove It!" If you want to be a patriot act like it, be proud of our country and it's elected leaders. And go out and do something to help. Guarenteed that somewhere near you there is a deployed soldiers family that could use a little help. Go offer to mow the yard for the mother trying to get by while her man's deployed. Sign up to be a volunteer grandparent for kids that need a male role model while dad is stuck soldiering. In other words go do something don't just sit and complain.
I seem to recall bush not wining the popular vote when he was 1st elected.
Also who are you to challenge some one else patriotism?( not that I agree or disagree with what has been said)
While we are on the subject.
Are you a patriot? and what have you done?

SnoC653
11-04-2007, 04:53 AM
YellowBoat, I think you are mistaken on the actual individual vote count on GWBs 1st election. In the end he did wind up having a majority of the individual votes as well. The press didn't make a big fuss about it, but after all the absentee ballots (a good part of them military overseas votes) were counted it was determined he had both the electorial and popular vote.
As for who am I to challenge someone's claim to be a patriot, I'm just a citizen same as you. But, I'm one that's tired of people who's only claim to patriotism is they like to voice their opinion of whats wrong with our country to the world. Okay, edit that to say only apparent claim.
And finally am I a patriot? Nobody should be able to judge themselves and affix the lable Patriot. I'm very patriotic, every day when I go to work and walk by that flag pole I still get a tingle. Some days that tingle is tinged with sorrow as our flag flies at half staff while other days it is with a strong straight back as I hold my head high as it is a day to remember all that has happened to make our country great. I still serve in the military after 24 yrs of service. I've had numerous jobs in the military, met thousands of people all over the world. And I can honestly say we have something here worth fighting for. I'd rather have any anti-american fanatic taking pot shots or car bombs at our military (trained to be ready for such) in some foriegn contry than to worry about the safety of my family here at home. . If we back down and let them win the battle of who's more dedicated to their cause, how long do you think it would take them to bring their dedicated cause to the public here in the US, up close and personal? And if you don't think they will, think back to 9-11 and the terrorist attacks before that. At least now the problem is isolated from the US civilian population. Let the military deal with what they are trained to deal with.
And for the record the last time I deployed (yes I've been there done that X 2), I was deployed by a Democrat. In case anyone forgets, the National Guard works for their state, specificly the govenor. So every soldier deployed from the Guard is done so at the order of his/her govenor. So who is really sending all the troops to Iraq? Both parties, some just like to pass the blame to someone else. And when things go well, you can bet those same blame passers step up and demand their share of the credit.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-04-2007, 07:24 AM
YellowBoat, I think you are mistaken on the actual individual vote count on GWBs 1st election. In the end he did wind up having a majority of the individual votes as well. The press didn't make a big fuss about it, but after all the absentee ballots (a good part of them military overseas votes) were counted it was determined he had both the electorial and popular vote.
As for who am I to challenge someone's claim to be a patriot, I'm just a citizen same as you. But, I'm one that's tired of people who's only claim to patriotism is they like to voice their opinion of whats wrong with our country to the world. Okay, edit that to say only apparent claim.
And finally am I a patriot? Nobody should be able to judge themselves and affix the lable Patriot. I'm very patriotic, every day when I go to work and walk by that flag pole I still get a tingle. Some days that tingle is tinged with sorrow as our flag flies at half staff while other days it is with a strong straight back as I hold my head high as it is a day to remember all that has happened to make our country great. I still serve in the military after 24 yrs of service. I've had numerous jobs in the military, met thousands of people all over the world. And I can honestly say we have something here worth fighting for. I'd rather have any anti-american fanatic taking pot shots or car bombs at our military (trained to be ready for such) in some foriegn contry than to worry about the safety of my family here at home. . If we back down and let them win the battle of who's more dedicated to their cause, how long do you think it would take them to bring their dedicated cause to the public here in the US, up close and personal? And if you don't think they will, think back to 9-11 and the terrorist attacks before that. At least now the problem is isolated from the US civilian population. Let the military deal with what they are trained to deal with.
And for the record the last time I deployed (yes I've been there done that X 2), I was deployed by a Democrat. In case anyone forgets, the National Guard works for their state, specificly the govenor. So every soldier deployed from the Guard is done so at the order of his/her govenor. So who is really sending all the troops to Iraq? Both parties, some just like to pass the blame to someone else. And when things go well, you can bet those same blame passers step up and demand their share of the credit.
Let me start by saying that you come across as a reasonable young man who believes in himself and his Country. The Iowa National Guard has become famous for it's heroes, in the Iraqi conflict. I admire your courage and thank you for your service.
The final vote count in the 2000 Presidential election was Bush 50,456,002 47.87% and Gore 50,999,897 48.38%. YB was correct in his statement.
With regard to Bush's overall approval rating today, look to the majority of your fellow Republicans for this answer.
As you no doubt are aware, I am generally the target of many of the comments made in this forum. Why? Because I don't agree with the current course this Country is on. I am a firm believer that this Country made a huge mistake by invading Iraq, and not finishing the job it started in Afghanistan. It has known fact that the people of this Country were hyped into supporting the invasion of Iraq, and I for one am pissed at the current administration for this. Prior to March 2003, the CIA confirmed that there was no evidence that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Africa, yet George Bush told the American people the opposite, in a State of the Union speech, in Feb 2003. Why?
There has been a great deal of press on the Iowa National Guard. Some of your fellow Iowa Guardsman have a much different view of the Iraqi war than you appear to. Should those that have been in Iraq and now oppose the war be chastised? I don't believe that they should. They are Americans too.
Let me ask you a question. How do you and your fellow Guardsman feel about Blackwater. There is a quite a bit of talk of resentment from our military for these folks for the amount they are paid and the equipment their provided. Is there any truth to this, in your opinion?
Thanks

boatsnblondes
11-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Also who are you to challenge some one else patriotism?( not that I agree or disagree with what has been said)
Ignorance again........one needs not win the popular vote to win, only the electoral vote counts...after the 2000 election, Dems whined and bitched and pissed and moaned about the electoral system, and tried to have it banned...they failed, but still try to this day......ignorant SOB's....
Like I said, Ultra...you are NO ONE to ask anyone about his patriatism...you need to go post on Deomocratic underground...and get out of here...

ULTRA26 # 1
11-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Ignorance again........one needs not win the popular vote to win, only the electoral vote counts...after the 2000 election, Dems whined and bitched and pissed and moaned about the electoral system, and tried to have it banned...they failed, but still try to this day......ignorant SOB's....
Like I said, Ultra...you are NO ONE to ask anyone about his patriatism...you need to go post on Deomocratic underground...and get out of here...
Nothing ignorant about an accurate statement made by YB.
Let's see BnB, in the past you have told me to crawl under a rock die, and now you are telling me to get out of the Political Rhetoric Forum.
I don't think so
BnB, Thanks for the press. Everyone on Hot Boat understands that you are special. Nobody needs me to help them to understand this.
I do despise ignorance, and those who use the Christian faith as a shield. There is nothing that I admire more than one who lives by his faith, no matter what that faith is. You have demonstrated repeatedly, with your tri-polar outbursts, that you are not one to be admired.

SnoC653
11-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I stand corrected on the final popular vote count. Mr Gore did in fact have more popular vote. Pres Bush did how ever win a larger majority of the counties accross the country. George W. Bush won 2,434 (78%) of the nation's 3,111 counties; Al Gore won 677 (22%) of the counties.
and Bush won 2,427,039 sq. miles (81%) of the nation's 3,007,173 sq. miles.
Does doing the right thing for what ever reason given make it the wrong thing? I know there are many factors that weren't given to the american public prior to the invasion of Iraq. We know for a fact that Iraq did have weapons of mass destruction. Our country is the only Gulf war participating contry that still does not recognize that Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) were employed by the Iraqi Gov't during that war. Probably because GWB Sr made a very public statement that if Hussein used WMD he would retaliate in kind. That would have meant using a tacticle nuke which he wasn't really prepared to do and fortunately didn't do. Just a parent doesn't explain every detail that goes into a decision they make regarding the safety and welfare of their children, the Gov't can't, for security reasons, tell the public every little piece of information that goes into making a decision. Can you imagine the turmoil it would create if say the Gov't discovered Bin Laden wasn't behind 911 and Hussein was? What to do, tell the world oops we invaded the wrong country... we'll go get the real bad guy now. Or do you quitely find a reason to go do what you should have done in the first place. I'm not saying that is what happened.... but it could be. We don't get ALL the reasons a decision is made. We get the what works for most of the people version.
Everybody is entitled to their view on wheather the war is right or wrong. Military personell have sworn an oath to follow even more rules on how we can express our views and that we will follow military regulations. When those rules are broken there are, as there should be, consequences.
As for Blackwater and the private contractors making big $$, most of the guys I know weren't resentful. We were simply jealous. I almost went back myslef after our deployment. Some people I know did. What is wrong is that our society tends to want to do nothing about a situation until someone else does, then it wants to sit back and second guess the original decisions without all the original data that used to make that decision.
Let me close by stating that your reply to my post was very articulate and would be what I would consider debating differing points for mutual intellectual growth. I agree we're not perfect and sometimes I wonder why we do some of the things we do. But, I've also found that often times, if I truely know all the facts at the time the decision was made, I'd make the same choice.
In a perfect world every elected president should have to resign from his party and simply be the president of all the people regardless of political views.

ULTRA26 # 1
11-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Sno,
Thank you providing a truthful and educated opinion with regard to my question about Blackwater. As we know the media has a tendency to distort reality.
I believe that it is common knowledge that in the 90's Iraq had WMD's It is my understanding as a result of a UN agreement, Saddam agreed to dispose of all chemical weapons, and suspend any move toward his nuclear ambitions. Prior to our invasion of Iraq, Saddam claimed to be free of WMD's UN weapons inspectors found no evidence to the contrary. Our invasion of Iraq, netted nothing to support an active WMD program.
Right, wrong or otherwise, I understand that there is a war in Iraq and that at some point, the US will declare victory. At what point in this conflict will the US military have completed it's mission?
While we may not fully agree about some of the issues, I too would like to say that I appreciate discussing the issues calmly and respectfully. I believe that much can be learned with this type of dialog.
Have a great Sunday
John M
In a perfect world every elected president should have to resign from his party and simply be the president of all the people regardless of political views
I like this thought

centerhill condor
11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Patriotism is in the eye of the beholder.
Ultra raises some very important points if time travel were possible.
CC

ULTRA26 # 1
11-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Patriotism is in the eye of the beholder.
CC
Thanks for remiding me. :)

3 daytona`s
11-04-2007, 09:17 PM
who he cheated out of the election:idea:

OKIE-JET
11-05-2007, 05:41 AM
I believe he meant in '93, which could serve as the primary reason why we didnt listen this time.
ahem. i have a few questions. right before and up the point that we invaded the middle east were not all the liberals on the same we gotta take it to them band wagon?it's a documented fact that they (hilary kerry and so forth)in congress they were beating their chest. like good liberals they flip flopped.remember?
does anyone remember (ibelieve right before we invaded) that france and germany and maybe others in the un got caught taking bribes from the middle east? sadom huesain being one of them if not the one. it's a fact. not to widely spoken of on liberal news media. whatever was the outcome of that?
does g. bush really harbor some secret desire to start wars for no good reason? i thought all that bullshit that the liberals stired up accusing him of missrepresenting the facts was thrown out on it's ass as just another spin created for the media to feed on for the elections . it was pretty obvious at the time but every one still flogs that dead horse.
the liberals are always bashing the repulican incumants saying "oh, your doing it all wrong" just once i'd like to see some feasable plan put forth instead of" oh, if i was in office i'd do it 'right' "just leave the middle east, right. sounds good but how long before something bad happend like say..oh they fly a plain into a building and kill a few thousand innocent folks?? or far worse. imagine for a second that the world trade center deal was nuclear. phuuuuuck.
i figure there's enough liberal garbage on tv. i don't watch the news anymore because of it.it saddens me to read that silly (liberal) bullshit here.
have a nice day.
edit: i know there are some gross spelling errors here but.....deal with it
Excellent post.....you can tell cause theres no real respose to it.....its the PRF way.:idea:

eliminatedsprinter
11-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Since the Unibomber was Al Gores' biggist fan, before it was even cool to like him, perhaps we should look for Osama in VP Gores' current fan club...;)

ULTRA26 # 1
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Since the Unibomber was Al Gores' biggist fan, before it was even cool to like him, perhaps we should look for Osama in VP Gores' current fan club...;)
:D :D