PDA

View Full Version : Dooley VS. Canton

NOTALENT
11-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Any positives or negatives verse the two companys for oil pans? Looking to setup an account and looking for feedback.

Jerrys59
11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Any positives or negatives verse the two companys for oil pans? Looking to setup an account and looking for feedback.
I run a 14qt Dooley in a blowen 581. I like it. No problems.

IMPATIENT 1
11-02-2007, 10:34 AM
look into hamburger pans also, they're 200bucks with pick-up, oil pan gaskets for the 10-12qt jetboat pans;)

CPBRIAN10THMTN
11-02-2007, 10:41 AM
I deal directly with both companies and both are good to deal with, I deal with dooley more than any others, craig over there is extremely helpfull and a cool guy. They usually are pretty stocked up and can do custom stuff. Canton has more stuff but is priced a little higher i believe.

NOTALENT
11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
look into hamburger pans also, they're 200bucks with pick-up, oil pan gaskets for the 10-12qt jetboat pans;)
Forgot about hamburger. I will have to look into them as well.
Thanks.:)

NOTALENT
11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I deal directly with both companies and both are good to deal with, I deal with dooley more than any others, craig over there is extremely helpfull and a cool guy. They usually are pretty stocked up and can do custom stuff. Canton has more stuff but is priced a little higher i believe.
Gracias, I was checkin prices and it seemed so. Other thing I live is they are local to me.

cstraub
11-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I'll through one more into the mix. . .
www.stefs.com
Customer like DNE, Sterling, Kustom Engines, Zuel, use Stef's.

BrendellaJet
11-02-2007, 05:15 PM
My DNE motor has an Olsen pan on it...Was a little more than the dooley but from what I was told the dyno tests proove it is a better pan.

g935
11-02-2007, 06:37 PM
My DNE motor has an Olsen pan on it...Was a little more than the dooley but from what I was told the dyno tests proove it is a better pan.
Olsen is the shiat...just bought one. The workmanship is amazing.
Geoff

Moneypitt
11-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I have dealt with Dooley for unusual custom work and they were extremely helpful, spent about 2 hours making what I needed for one of their pans, and then said "no charge".........That pan, tray and pick up are currently on the PS boat without any issues after 2 seasons. That said, the stuff Armando is making these days is second to none.....Quality, appearence, and service.......Buying new, or having a windowed pan repaired, he is the man...........Ray
PS: Armando worked for Avaid before Aviad sold.......He is now on his own and really top of the line............Aviad seems to be consentrating on FE Cobra stuff, and dry sump pumps/pans......I took an Aviad pan back to Aviad to see about a replacment windage tray, he had none, and couldn't even tell me if the pan was an Aviad. Showed the same pan to Armando, he said "sure, that's one of Aviad's" and proceeded to fabricate a new tray and pick up.....

1968Droptop
11-04-2007, 08:20 AM
.........That said, the stuff Armando is making these days is second to none.....Quality, appearence, and service.......
I'll second that. My Armondo pan is a very very nice unit, and the price was inline with the others mentioned.

RCB19
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Dooley possibly. Canton NEVER! I'd graduate from the JV stuff and step up to varsity. Dan Olsen or Stefs.

ghittner
11-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I compared most of them a them a year ago and went with Canton. I wanted more volume than canton had for my application but I liked the Canton design better due to the crank splash/drainback relief in the side of the Canton. It runs almost all the way down the left side of the pan and that along with the windage tray design I felt made it a better choice. Pricey, but I haven't been dissapointed. This is the one I went with....
#18-364 / #18-366 BIG BL. CHEVY MARINE POWER PAN
STYLE: Large “T” sump with extra high capacity, and oil recovery pouch for maximum horsepower savings.
SIZE: 8" Deep, 14" Long sump holds 10 quarts of oil.
FEATURES: Six trap doors and two baffles, control the oil flow. Full length oil recovery pouch with built-in scraper. The front portion of the pan is angled for improved drain back and bolt-in windage tray. Notched for sea pump and has three 1/2” N.P.T. fittings and an oil level check.
STARTER: These pans require a rear mounted starter, left side, or an aftermarket starter to clear the oil recovery pouch.
PART #’S:
#18-364 pan for standard Big Block with 2 piece rear seal.
#18-366 pan for Mark V style Big Blocks.
PICKUPS: #18-365 pickup for Big BL. Pumps.
OIL PUMPS:
#M77 standard volume or
#M77HV high volume are recommended.
OPTIONS:
#20-850 Universal Dipstick.
#88-300 Gasket set for BBC MARK 4 blocks.
#22-310 BB Chevy oil pan stud kit.

sonny glide
11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Armando's Racing Oil Pans, ck'em out

Moneypitt
11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Armando's Racing Oil Pans, ck'em out
Also check out the Mellings 10777, 10778, and 10778C.....Great pumps. The standard pumps, I don't care whos brand, are, shall we say, less than needed for marine high performance use.......Unless and until, you rework them. The Mellings numbers above are tits, right out of the box.........MP