PDA

View Full Version : Performance Jet in Ca. is the sh%t!!!

skeepwerkzaz
08-26-2002, 08:26 PM
This guy named Jim Coffey in Nor-Cal is the pump Guru. He has invented a ton of stuff, has a Bs in hydrodynamics and has been around for a long time. He taught the guys at CP everything they know and charges about 1/2 their prices. Cool guy and he will do anything that you can ship. I am a big fan of his. He is in Sebastapol, Ca. He works w/you to set up your pump,hull,and engine to all work together, he also doesn't sell you a bunch of crap you don't need.

RH
08-26-2002, 10:05 PM
skeepwerkzaz - Give me more info on this guy , phone# , business name , does he have a shop , sell parts and accessories Thanks

skeepwerkzaz
08-26-2002, 10:36 PM
his # is (707)823-6713 and yes he can get anything you need in 2-3 days. He stocks some stuff.
Here are some examples...
Level 1 stock rebuild....600
Level 2 superstock.......700
Level 3 blueprinted&balanced..899
Level 4 Pure competition, mag-bronze or stainless and stuffer..1599
Just to put this into perspective, I got my pump blueprinted w/ a stuffer and an alum impellor from CP and it cost me 1400!!!

flat broke
08-26-2002, 10:40 PM
skeepwerkzaz:
his # is (707)823-6713 and yes he can get anything you need in 2-3 days. He stocks some stuff.
Here are some examples...
Level 1 stock rebuild....600
Level 2 superstock.......700
Level 3 blueprinted&balanced..899
Level 4 Pure competition, mag-bronze or stainless and stuffer..1599
Just to put this into perspective, I got my pump blueprinted w/ a stuffer and an alum impellor from CP and it cost me 1400!!!I don't mean to cap on your guy because it sounds like he does some nice work. But I think you might want to clarify the Level 4 setup. I HIGHLY doubt that $1599 gets you setup with a new Stainless impeller. The impeller alone would run you over a grand and that would pretty much eat up the rest of his profit margin on the pump work. Once again I'm not slamming your guy, I just think you might want to clarify the stainless aspect of the level 4 job. Odds are its provided you supply the impeller.
Still good info though,
Chris

skeepwerkzaz
08-26-2002, 11:00 PM
You do get the impellor with it. Not to slam you but have you ever heard of 100%+ mark-up? CP and all the others sure have. The more you order from him the farther below list he will go. He told me he gets his stainless impellors for around 6-7 bills. Call him if you don't believe me. However don't ask him how much a ss imp costs, ask him how muc the race rebuild costs w/ the imp.

HBjet
08-26-2002, 11:07 PM
what is a "super stock" rebuild?
I've heard of Stage 1, 2, and 3, for your basics. Then there is a fully race preped pump rebuild.
Also, a stainless detailed impeller can cost $1500 and your getting what your paying for. It sounds like this guy is giving some good deals. Anyone else work with him?
HBjet

AGGRESSOR JETS
08-27-2002, 11:26 AM
HBjet:
what is a "super stock" rebuild?
Anyone else work with him?
HBjetJim Coffee is on top of the Game
and Motors Too.Dave

skeepwerkzaz
08-27-2002, 09:22 PM
What you pay for in this case is Agressor impellors. As he is a distributor for them and speaks very highly of them.

jweeks123
08-27-2002, 11:57 PM
if YOU were a distributor for a product, would you NOT speak highly of it??
jw

skeepwerkzaz
08-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Point well taken.
But I saw all of the different types, i.e. berk, legend,agressor, and by far the agg. was the sweetest, and better made(in my lowley opinion).

HBjet
08-28-2002, 10:21 PM
skeepwerkzaz:
Point well taken.
But I saw all of the different types, i.e. berk, legend,agressor, and by far the agg. was the sweetest, and better made(in my lowley opinion).Oh my! Wow, I saw the same three out of the box with another person. I guess I don't know what you were looking at.
BTW, have you seen a Aggressor Stainless impeller? Has anyone? How do they look?
HBjet

jweeks123
08-29-2002, 12:10 AM
does anyone know what kind of stainless Aggressor uses for their imp and what is the list price?
jw

MikeC
08-29-2002, 06:23 AM
I'd be interested in seeing one of Jim's setups in action. Also, anyone with an Aggressor setup going to be at Lost Lake this Sat night, I've yet to loose to one. Not that It is that tough to beat me or anything like that, it's just funny that several of the boats I've run and stomped, had Aggressor Imps in them.......... :-O
See ya,
MikeC

ChetCapoli
08-29-2002, 06:39 AM
HBjet:
Also, a stainless detailed impeller can cost $1500 and your getting what your paying for. It sounds like this guy is giving some good deals. Anyone else work with him?
HBjetlooky,looky...another guy who works on jetpumps in CA. For a second i though the only one was..er...you know(hb?) I am amazed someone mentioned him. Now that's some great info! Better watch it though skeep, you'll get critisized i'm sure, especially with that "other" comment you just made. Better use HB's bifocals and go back and reanalize those impellers cuz that just can't be right. :) BTW, HB since your here, what do you think about froggs comment on his new impeller and inducer?? Maybe he needs your bifocals? Just curious.
flatbroke
I HIGHLY doubt that $1599 gets you setup with a new Stainless impeller. REALLY NOW??? Now tell me Mr. liquidaddiction.net, with all your experence with OTHER shops(that's more than one if you dont know)that you have, how do you know this?? Are you calling skeep a liar??? Could it possibly be a stock rebuild with SS imp maybe?? As you guys have always told me, if a shop does good work,has good prices, and a guy is SO HAPPY about it he wants to tell the whole world (like you guys are with the ONLY SHOP YOU KNOW ABOUT) why mock them?? I'm listening. :)
Chester's back....once again....tell a friend.
CHET
[ August 29, 2002, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

flat broke
08-29-2002, 07:20 AM
flatbroke
I HIGHLY doubt that $1599 gets you setup with a new Stainless impeller. REALLY NOW??? Now tell me Mr. liquidaddiction.net, with all your experence with OTHER shops(that's more than one if you dont know)that you have, how do you know this?? Are you calling skeep a liar??? Could it possibly be a stock rebuild with SS imp maybe?? As you guys have always told me, if a shop does good work,has good prices, and a guy is SO HAPPY about it he wants to tell the whole world (like you guys are with the ONLY SHOP YOU KNOW ABOUT) why mock them?? I'm listening. :)
Chester's back....once again....tell a friend.
CHET[/QB][/QUOTE]
Chet,
My info is based off of price checking new stainless impellers from most of the retailers in California (GS, MPD, Rex, CP Performance). Pull your head out of your ass, I never capped on Skeep, just wanted some clarification for the full blown race deal with stainless, as it sounds like a good deal. The reason I questioned it... because stainless impeller's run about a third of the total price quoted. Skeep answered the question and that was that. Now your shit sorry ass with the boat you flipped upside down, had someone do the bottom on, added 800hp or whatever it was to it and doesn't go any faster than before all the work, wants to come in here and start a bunch of shit over the thread. My offer stands again for this year, TOW YOUR BUCKET OUT TO CBBB 2 IN LAUGHLIN AND YOUR ROOM IS PAID FOR. Odds are the tow alone would be worth it for you as you would get a FREE prize. We all know you're full of shit, but since you have all the answers, come out and run your boat with the bad ass blower motor and expert pump setup against a couple of the NA lake boats that will be there. I'm dead serious; I want you there because I think I could easily get another 10 boats to show just based off the fact that people could meet you in person.
Last but not least, I always refrain from making derogatory remarks about someone's ride, as everyone puts a lot of work into their boats, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But since you continue to antagonize, I'll speak my mind without respect for your alleged work. YOU DO NOT HAVE A BOAT. IF BY SOME MIRACLE YOU DO, IT IS MOST ASSUREDLY A PIECE OF CRAP. The only pics we've ever seen of your bucket were of it upside down in a field on the side of someone's shop. Odds are, you drove by saw the boat sitting there, then one of your personalities assumed the identity of Mr. Jet boat Know it All. From there your twisted little mind came up with all kinds of outrageous stories about your imaginary boat and all the wonderful things you've done with it. I'm buying and you're flying, so bring the bucket to the River next August and prove me wrong. Then if you do, beers and entertainment in the Arrow Weed Lounge are on me. Until then, feel free to respond to this post, and then I don't want to hear another word from you with mention of my name. I don't call you out every time you post about pumps, so perhaps you could employ some restraint and do the same.
Chris

CoastGuardSteve
08-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Very succinct Chris!
Steve

skeepwerkzaz
08-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Jeez guys,
Just trying to let everyone in Nor-Cal know there is someone else out there besides C.P. (crap Performance) I hate them, and hope they go out of business. :D

disco_charger
08-29-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm buying and you're flying, so bring the bucket to the River next August and prove me wrong. Then if you do, beers and entertainment in the Arrow Weed Lounge are on me.
Chris[/QB]Hey, if I stir up a bunch of shit will you pay for my room, beers and lap dance from Brittney?
Skeep, sounds like you got a good dude who's doing work that makes you happy. If I were in Nor Cal, I'd check him out.
Disco

565edge
08-29-2002, 10:46 PM
skeepwerkzaz:
This guy named Jim Coffey in Nor-Cal is the pump Guru. He has invented a ton of stuff, has a Bs in hydrodynamics and has been around for a long time. He taught the guys at CP everything they know and charges about 1/2 their prices. Cool guy and he will do anything that you can ship. I am a big fan of his. He is in Sebastapol, Ca. He works w/you to set up your pump,hull,and engine to all work together, he also doesn't sell you a bunch of crap you don't need.I believe he did the pump in a guys 21 cougar at lake naciemento,he has a 540 with a couple of dominators and the boat runs a little over 100mph,for a big boat it accelerates hard and keeps pulling,ive been trying to smoke this guy for last 5 years(he used to have a blue place craft)but i think i will finally smoke him,i will find out this weekend,wish me luck!

565edge
08-29-2002, 10:51 PM
MikeC:
I'd be interested in seeing one of Jim's setups in action. Also, anyone with an Aggressor setup going to be at Lost Lake this Sat night, I've yet to loose to one. Not that It is that tough to beat me or anything like that, it's just funny that several of the boats I've run and stomped, had Aggressor Imps in them.......... :-O
See ya,
MikeCWhat are you runnig?I do know that my buddies and i started using aggressor when we kept blowing apart the stock berkely impellers,the aggressor was a inexpensive upgrade to a stronger impeller(we were to tight to buy stainless)and they held up great,and each one of us did see gains?

pops1
08-30-2002, 07:38 AM
CoastGuardSteve:
Very succinct Chris!
SteveGeorge thats a Classic for reprint- To Ya-Dave

LVjetboy
08-30-2002, 09:18 AM
Chet at the 2003 Bash? Hmmm...I know some MPD Berkeleys'd love a chance to run that Aggressor :)

ChetCapoli
08-30-2002, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by flatbroke:
My info is based off of price checking new stainless impellers from most of the retailers in California (GS, MPD, Rex, CP Performance).
WOW flappmaster.net, you might actually shop around a LITTLE..not much though i see. Do you know what an aggressor stainless sells for?? I bet you dont.
Pull your head out of your ass, I never capped on Skeep, just wanted some clarification for the full blown race deal with stainless, as it sounds like a good deal.
Never capped on him eh... "HIGHLY DOUBT"..sound like to me your saying he is full of shit. BTW, just where does it say "full blown race deal" in his post... huh FLAPPER?? $1599 cant get you a rebuild with SS impeller?? That's what i thought it read.
Now your shit sorry ass with the boat you flipped upside down, had someone do the bottom on, added 800hp or whatever it was to it and doesn't go any faster than before all the work, wants to come in here and start a bunch of shit over the thread.
Listen flapperbroke...get your facts before you start talking like a toughguy ok?? Just for the record my boat goes the same speed at 400 less RPM..the same kind of gain you and HB cheerlead about with your shop....BUT i'm not done yet, FLAPPER! BTW, did you buy me a new blower for my motor that i didnt know about???? MR. N/A...i'm listenin?? AGAIN, gets your facts straight mr. addiction.net.(i left out the liquid cuz your obviously on something else)
We all know you're full of shit, but since you have all the answers, come out and run your boat with the bad ass blower motor and expert pump setup against a couple of the NA lake boats that will be there.
here it is again...what r u smokin silly??? BTW, I'm sure those N/A boats your talking about cost more than what i owe on the rest of my house mortgage...bottom line...THEY SHOULD GO FAST FOR THE MONEY INVESTED!
I'm dead serious; I want you there because I think I could easily get another 10 boats to show just based off the fact that people could meet you in person.
Of course you would get 10, i bet even 20...that because i'm a POPULAR guy...i'd have to bring my buddy RR1 though just to make it official(aggressor vs. berkeley) LMAO!
YOU DO NOT HAVE A BOAT. IF BY SOME MIRACLE YOU DO, IT IS MOST ASSUREDLY A PIECE OF CRAP. The only I don't call you out every time you post about pumps, so perhaps you could employ some restraint and do the same.
Listen flapps, for a guy who drives a 70mph daycruiser and calls himself flat broke, you sure got alot of kuhunes my friend... and you MOST ASSURDLY dont know about jet pumps and how to get the most bang for you buck on anything for that matter, THATS WHY I CALL YOU OUT. Bottom line, Your just a cheerleader who has from what i can tell NO IDEA about making a boat go fast. You just happen to live in jetboat alley and you think that makes you something special. Get the facts right about me before you start a flappin,...as i said before my boats is not done in the tuning dept yet and i have alot to go. The boat is an absolute rocket so far and with what i am told over and over to have a little "patience and persistance" i will see my goal. I'll even get some pics when it's done just for you K. :) Now that's as "succinct" as i can explain it!
CHET
[ August 30, 2002, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

flat broke
08-30-2002, 02:30 PM
ChetCapoli:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by flatbroke:
My info is based off of price checking new stainless impellers from most of the retailers in California (GS, MPD, Rex, CP Performance).
WOW flappmaster.net, you might actually shop around a LITTLE..not much though i see. Do you know what an aggressor stainless sells for?? I bet you dont.
Pull your head out of your ass, I never capped on Skeep, just wanted some clarification for the full blown race deal with stainless, as it sounds like a good deal.
Never capped on him eh... "HIGHLY DOUBT"..sound like to me your saying he is full of shit. BTW, just where does it say "full blown race deal" in his post... huh FLAPPER?? $1599 cant get you a rebuild with SS impeller?? That's what i thought it read.
Now your shit sorry ass with the boat you flipped upside down, had someone do the bottom on, added 800hp or whatever it was to it and doesn't go any faster than before all the work, wants to come in here and start a bunch of shit over the thread.
Listen flapperbroke...get your facts before you start talking like a toughguy ok?? Just for the record my boat goes the same speed at 400 less RPM..the same kind of gain you and HB cheerlead about with your shop....BUT i'm not done yet, FLAPPER! BTW, did you buy me a new blower for my motor that i didnt know about???? MR. N/A...i'm listenin?? AGAIN, gets your facts straight mr. addiction.net.(i left out the liquid cuz your obviously on something else)
We all know you're full of shit, but since you have all the answers, come out and run your boat with the bad ass blower motor and expert pump setup against a couple of the NA lake boats that will be there.
here it is again...what r u smokin silly??? BTW, I'm sure those N/A boats your talking about cost more than what i owe on the rest of my house mortgage...bottom line...THEY SHOULD GO FAST FOR THE MONEY INVESTED!
I'm dead serious; I want you there because I think I could easily get another 10 boats to show just based off the fact that people could meet you in person.
Of course you would get 10, i bet even 20...that because i'm a POPULAR guy...i'd have to bring my buddy RR1 though just to make it official(aggressor vs. berkeley) LMAO!
YOU DO NOT HAVE A BOAT. IF BY SOME MIRACLE YOU DO, IT IS MOST ASSUREDLY A PIECE OF CRAP. The only I don't call you out every time you post about pumps, so perhaps you could employ some restraint and do the same.
Listen flapps, for a guy who drives a 70mph daycruiser and calls himself flat broke, you sure got alot of kuhunes my friend... and you MOST ASSURDLY dont know about jet pumps and how to get the most bang for you buck on anything for that matter, THATS WHY I CALL YOU OUT. Bottom line, Your just a cheerleader who has from what i can tell NO IDEA about making a boat go fast. You just happen to live in jetboat alley and you think that makes you something special. Get the facts right about me before you start a flappin,...as i said before my boats is not done in the tuning dept yet and i have alot to go. The boat is an absolute rocket so far and with what i am told over and over to have a little "patience and persistance" i will see my goal. I'll even get some pics when it's done just for you K. :) Now that's as "succinct" as i can explain it!
CHETI just wanted everyone to re-read the part where I have a 70mph daycruiser wink He's either predicting the future, or has a better GPS than mine.
As far as the boats out here being high dollar. Quite the contrary, I don't mean to offend anyone at the CBBB, but none of the boats there were the Lost Lake sleeper race boats you keep hearing about. These were classic river boats,wrenched by their owners, with a lot less HP than the Chetmobile (N/A, blower, whatever) and running pretty hard.
Seriously Chet, bring the rocket to Laughlin next August and your room is free for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
Sorry Disco, but I can't extend the offer to you, as a runner up in one of the event's you waive all rights to promotional activities prior to the next event :) You really should have read that disclaimer on Jason's page more carefully as there are a couple paragraphs pertaining to use of your likeness and exploitation of green metal flake. jk BTW, I'm still trying to make the 14th, but it's not looking good. I'm going to be at the mercy of UPS on this one so I may have to wait till Hot Hallet's McIntyre trip to hang with you guys again.
Flat "flattered that someone thinks I actually have disposable income let alone income at all" Broke

HammerDown
08-30-2002, 04:42 PM
I think its pretty funny when you guy's do the "quote this, quote that thing"...do ya really think people read all that shit???

skeepwerkzaz
08-30-2002, 09:55 PM
I went to see Jim (performance jet) this morning to pickup my hyd-place diverter and my nufflers. I will now clarify a few things. The $1599 rebuild comes with a mag-bronze aggressor. He will only use the agg. mag-bronze as he feels it is the best. If you want a stainless it will cost $200 extra, MY BAD, I was quoting from his pricelist. He sells the stainless for $800-900 and the mag for $500-600. The aluminum impellors that he uses are made by ledgend. He showed me the diff. between aluminum imps. and the difference was obvious. The same goes for the mag-bronze, the agg. was obviously superior. He didn't have a stainless on hand,let alone three to compare. With all that I saw the other day up there it was a little hard to keep all the imps straight. By the way he is a distributor for ALL the major pump guy's and these are his prefs. Another thing, he vary rarely uses stainless, as he feels that the mag-bronze can handle most anything that most of us can hand down.

disco_charger
08-30-2002, 11:00 PM
flat broke:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
[qb][QUOTE]Originally posted by flatbroke:
Sorry Disco, but I can't extend the offer to you, as a runner up in one of the event's you waive all rights to promotional activities prior to the next event :) You really should have read that disclaimer on Jason's page more carefully as there are a couple paragraphs pertaining to use of your likeness and exploitation of green metal flake. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, RUNNER UP?!!!!!! I TIED, Let me repeat that TIED for best vintage boat. Take it back now! I am wounded by these careless statements and demand satisfaction! I challenge you to a duel! Pistols at dawn...Isn't that how this Hot Boat board works? I get pissed and challenge people miles away to a fight, all the while hiding behind my monitor? wink
Disco the retro grouch

LVjetboy
08-31-2002, 03:07 AM
My bad....if you want a stainless it will cost $200 extra So Flat Brokes's first impression (and post) may've been right after all?
Another thing, he very rarely uses stainless, as he feels that the mag-bronze can handle most anything that most of us can hand down. My thought is man-bronze is strong and maybe value for the money, especially over aluminum, but let's talk HSS vs Titanium coated vs cobalt drill bits.
Ti coated is 6x the life of HSS but don't use them to drill SS or titanium. Cobalt on the other hand is 10x the life and use them to drill titanium or ss you choice. Thing is, no matter what you drill, over time cobalts will last longer. So do you want a dull bit on that next crucial job (the next job always being crucial from my experience) or pay for the best and get that job done?
So with impellers...more important than drill bits of course...do you want one that'll hold up "good enough for what most of us do" or the best money can buy? Especially if the best is only "$200" more?? Come on. If you're gonna spend $1600 for rebuild that extra $200 for SS seems a small sacrifice to me. Especially if getting the job done means making shore or an extra couple mph top end during a grudge match after years of sucking rocks and sticks abusing the leading edge?
This post has nothing to do with Jim's expertise. I'd also like to know more details and if there's an industry standard to pump rebuild "levels"
jer
[ August 31, 2002, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

flat broke
08-31-2002, 05:32 AM
disco_charger:
flat broke:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
[qb][QUOTE]Originally posted by flatbroke:
Sorry Disco, but I can't extend the offer to you, as a runner up in one of the event's you waive all rights to promotional activities prior to the next event :) You really should have read that disclaimer on Jason's page more carefully as there are a couple paragraphs pertaining to use of your likeness and exploitation of green metal flake. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, RUNNER UP?!!!!!! I TIED, Let me repeat that TIED for best vintage boat. Take it back now! I am wounded by these careless statements and demand satisfaction! I challenge you to a duel! Pistols at dawn...Isn't that how this Hot Boat board works? I get pissed and challenge people miles away to a fight, all the while hiding behind my monitor? wink
Disco the retro grouchOh Yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad! Then again probably not with his bad knee and all :) You wan't a duel Mr.? well, I'll tell you what, choose your poison, a two man game of coozie ball, or the 20 against the Charger for a half mile with really heavy chop :)
Jer,
You will have the dragn ready for next August wont you? Try and chisel out the second weekend in August as an off weekend so you can come play with us in Laughlin.
Chris

disco_charger
08-31-2002, 06:10 AM
Chris,
Pistol duel, yes. Beat with a rubber hose, yes. Covered in honey, and set on an ant hil, yes (this last one is how I met the wife). RUN A 1/2 MILE IN MY BOAT IN HEAVY CHOP???? You sir are very cruel man. For that insult I will have to slander your name across the boards for eternity.
THE AWARD WINNING (not runner up)
Disco Charger
PS Your Dad probably can beat up my Dad. Everytime the microwave goes on and he's near, he craps his pants, thinks he's James Dean and barks like a Dog. It's great fun during the holidays. wink

ChetCapoli
08-31-2002, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LVjetboy:
Another thing, he very rarely uses stainless, as he feels that the mag-bronze can handle most anything that most of us can hand down
And to think i have said something like that along time ago with regards to a certain ultra that hb's buddy owns and got flamed and called a yahoo for it. This guy must be a yahoo too eh??
So with impellers...more important than drill bits of course...do you want one that'll hold up "good enough for what most of us do" or the best money can buy? Especially if the best is only "$200" more?? Come on. If you're gonna spend $1600 for rebuild that extra $200 for SS seems a small sacrifice to me.
good way to look at it LV BUT i think if you wanted to buy the impeller outright without the rebuild it would be a little more than 200 bucks. Besides dont you think that the weight savings let alone the bronze is pretty strong stuff and is rated up to 1500hp would make it worth going with bronze??? I check my aluminum impeller ever time i go out and with 700hp its just as new as when i put it in.
BTW, as a sidenote to flapper, i had an hour to kill last night and after our tiff above i decided to take the boat out and guess what?? With a shoe change(deeper) we got 5250 at.............it's comin....and its'.....85.4gps. YEA !! Thanks for the motivation. :) Last i knew from the other board, that thing the call "the pile" that makes everybody "awstruck" ran 85 at 5600 and after revamping everything it went 91 at 5600??? I think i fit in there pretty well...pretty well...especially when compared to a boat that is all MPD. I'm even close to your numbers now jer.... :) I'll just put berkeley back on and i should be by you right??? :p
[ August 31, 2002, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

flat broke
08-31-2002, 07:19 AM
The irony there is that BNs boat is anything but a pile. It is a damn clean southwind, running a pretty basic setup that has been tuned very well. Good luck in your quest for speed Chet, remember to keep it safe out there. At the speeds your running, I'd start thinking about a vest if you haven't already.
Chris

LVjetboy
08-31-2002, 12:41 PM
Those are good numbers Chet, sounds like your hard work is paying off. Do you have any pictures of your engine? I'd like to see how it all came out.
Sorry I missed this C3B Chris, still hopin' for floatin' by 9 Sept. I learned my lesson on "winter projects" Soooooo, baring complete engine meltdown I hope to be enjoying C3BII with you all.
jer

ChetCapoli
08-31-2002, 10:10 PM
i work on those pics jer and thanks. :)
CHET

09-01-2002, 07:50 AM
HammerDown:
I think its pretty funny when you guy's do the "quote this, quote that thing"...do ya really think people read all that shit???Hell yes I read this shit, its funnier than Jerry Springer.[and no commericals too] :D :D :D :D

jstwkd
09-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey guys you'll find this in the hot boat cove area.(Hot boat home page)I just talked to the man myself.I asked him to look at my boat and help me with my problems.Very nice guy.I've had my boat for two seasons never relized this guy lives 4 houses down from my father inlaws.My father inlaw has benn bugging me for ever to go talk to the guy but just didnt want to walk up to his front door and say uh I need help with my boat.Anyway just rambling.
Of course, all of this power is useless without a drive to handle it, and that's where Jim Coffey of Performance Jet (Sebastapool, CA) came into play. They built the studly Berkeley pump, which is loaded with an Aggressor impeller, Mag-bronze B impeller, Berkeley race nozzle insert, droop snoot, shoe, ride plate, and Miersch intake.
Bowen, a service technician at a Saturn dealership, reports 108 mph on GPS, making his Daytona one of the fastest recreational unblown jets we've come across. At Berryessa, the boat is well known for its ego-crushing treatment of some of the resident blower boats.
http://free.***boat.net/hbcove/32/4/06.jpg