PDA

View Full Version : Lakers in Phoenix

lalhc
11-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Why were the Lakers wearing their home jersey's in tonights game? I'm in Nashville and only caught the end of the game.

dmontzsta
11-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Cause the suns were wearing their dark ones, so it is ok! It was pretty much like being at home, with the major ass whopping the Lakers handed them tonight.
That is going to leave a mark. :)
Lakers could have been 2-0 right now, they really let that game slip to houston 95-93, stupid own basket by Walton, 17 missed FTs by Kobe and a lucky shot by Battier changed alot.
I think the Lakers still need to trade for someone big, but if they can keep it up, maybe not. Maybe trade Kobe for some more role players, since Kobe really didnt play much tonight and they played like a TEAM!
Great way to prove a point Lake show.

AZJD
11-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Phoenix was on the second game of a two in a row and got in at 4 am from Seattle. Don't get used to it.
Ya, what he said......:D
They didn't look good. I wasn't aware of that info though.

Old Texan
11-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Cause the suns were wearing their dark ones, so it is ok! It was pretty much like being at home, with the major ass whopping the Lakers handed them tonight.
That is going to leave a mark. :)
Lakers could have been 2-0 right now, they really let that game slip to houston 95-93, stupid own basket by Walton, 17 missed FTs by Kobe and a lucky shot by Battier changed alot.
I think the Lakers still need to trade for someone big, but if they can keep it up, maybe not. Maybe trade Kobe for some more role players, since Kobe really didnt play much tonight and they played like a TEAM!
Great way to prove a point Lake show.
Lakers are in for a long season. Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Rockets, Jazz......Tough West obstacles.
They lost to the Rockets at home and beat the Suns after a night game. Lucky to be 1-1.

ChumpChange
11-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Could have been this, should have been that. It's only the second game of the season and we're already hearing this from you. It's going to be a loooooong season.

acatitude
11-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Thank God it's basketball season again. The winter won't be to boring with all the BB experts on here:D :D . Yup 2 games and Demenstraul has the lakes hoisting the banners already, lol:rolleyes:

acatitude
11-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Well they are already a 1/2 game ahead of the Lakes so I guess they must have that #8 spot wrapped up;)

Jyruiz
11-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Phoenix was on the second game of a two in a row and got in at 4 am from Seattle. Don't get used to it.
That is correct, but there should be no excuse for what the Lakers did to the Suns on there opening night. The Suns are an elite team and are pros, every team has to go thru back to back games all season.

Jyruiz
11-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Talk about the Lakers, did you see the CLips last night? I love Elton Brand, but this year's Clipper team is as unselfish and athletic as any they've put on the court. I mean Elton Brand is not exactly what you'd call athletic. It's also really nice not having to run the offense through a guy that can't pass and can't dribble penetrate. Ruben Patterson looked fantastic, on the floor for loose balls, blocking shots, challenging people at the rim. Al Thornton looked like a 5 year veteran. Brevin Knight? Is there a better passer in the NBA than Brevin Knight? I'm not sure there is. The entire team looked like they were 100% more energized than at any time last season. They definitely look like a team that could contend for the 7th or 8th playoff spot, even without Brand.
Thank God for HD DVRs cause the Clippers did look good, hope they stay confident all season long.

GAME TIME
11-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Thank God it's basketball season again. The winter won't be to boring with all the BB experts on here:D :D . Yup 2 games and Demenstraul has the lakes hoisting the banners already, lol:rolleyes:
Please point out where he said the Lakers were going to hoist the banner. All he said was the Lakers should be 2-0. That's not the case they are 1-1 but he has a point. Missing that many free throws??? Come on now. Lakers have a good bench when healthy and will surprise a lot of people this year.

acatitude
11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Please point out where he said the Lakers were going to hoist the banner. All he said was the Lakers should be 2-0. That's not the case they are 1-1 but he has a point. Missing that many free throws??? Come on now. Lakers have a good bench when healthy and will surprise a lot of people this year.
:D :rolleyes: :D

AirtimeLavey
11-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Ha.....great game. I love how the folks that say injuries were just an excuse last year for the Lakers, were chaulking up Phx.'s thumping to a back-to-back. So, it was lack of sleep and an early flight, huh? Ok. :rolleyes::sleeping:
Lakers just flat played well. All of them. I don't think Phx. expected it. Like I said before, I think the Lakers will make some noise this year with current squad, if they remain mostly healthy and the Kobe drama stays in the background for a while. Some of the younger players are starting to show some maturity and are performing. Still very early, but you have to pleased to see the potential coming out. Defense seems better, too.
I love how they are underdogs in most peoples' minds this year. Would love to see them go deeper into the playoffs....I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Laughable that Clipper fan is trying to compare them right now. Still looking for their brief moments.....:D
GO LAKESHOW!!!!! :D :D :D

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:09 PM
That is correct, but there should be no excuse for what the Lakers did to the Suns on there opening night. The Suns are an elite team and are pros, every team has to go thru back to back games all season.
But but but, they were um and couldn't and you see what happened was, well it should have been, and next time they will...... blah blah blah.
Ain't making any excuses. We lost! So what. I say let's talk in 60 games. :D

dmontzsta
11-03-2007, 01:12 PM
E X A C T L Y.
There is NO excuse for what happened. In the NBA there are many back to back games, no excuses here. The Lakers flat out destroyed the suns and D'Antoni knew it too, which is why he picked a fight with PJ, but PJ told him "What is your problem, sit the **** down". :devil:
Long season, but still nice to completely MAN HANDLE one of the top teams, especially while the Lakers are missing their second best player. :devil:

Jyruiz
11-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Most of the time you get in well before 4am. That puts most players at home and in bed by 6am at the earliest.
Very true, but if injuries can't be used as an excuse, (and I am not sayint it can be) then neither can a late flight, plus, I am sure they sleep in the plane, it is not like they are up the whole flight, those planes are plush. Either way, the Lakers did play a good game on both ends of the court and the Lakers effort should not be overlooked in that game.

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I watched both games and the Clippers looked a hell of a lot better in their opener than the Lakers did. You probably didn't even watch them game, just talking out of your ass. I call it like I see it. If they looked like shit, I would say so.
Play nice little Johnny!:D

dmontzsta
11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Ain't making any excuses. We GOT HUMILIATED AT HOME AND OUR FANS LEFT IN THE 3rd QUARTER! So what. I say let's talk in 60 games. :D
:D

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Right click, SAVE!
I will be sure to remind you of your 2 game deep cockyness when your team is fighting for the 8th seed again.......:D :D :D

dmontzsta
11-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Very true, but if injuries can't be used as an excuse, (and I am not sayint it can be) then neither can a late flight, plus, I am sure they sleep in the plane, it is not like they are up the whole flight, those planes are plush. Either way, the Lakers did play a good game on both ends of the court and the Lakers effort should not be overlooked in that game.
yeah and it is not like they didnt have 12 hours to sleep before the game...hmmm...in at 4am, home by 5am, sleep until 3pm (that is 10 hours of sleep), get to the gym and practice for 3-4 hours before the 7:30pm tip off, rough life. :rolleyes: :)

dmontzsta
11-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Right click, SAVE!
I will be sure to remind you of your 2 game deep cockyness when your team is fighting for the 8th seed again.......:D :D :D
Its all good, you never know. Nash could break his leg and there goes the suns season. :)

Jyruiz
But but but, they were um and couldn't and you see what happened was, well it should have been, and next time they will...... blah blah blah.
Ain't making any excuses. We lost! So what. I say let's talk in 60 games. :D
It is a long season and I am sure the Suns will rebound from this. I don't see that they improved over the summer though, probably even got weaker defensively, specially in the post. No doubt the Suns will be up there in the rankings.

AZJD
And what the hell is going on with the trade talks SWB? Doesn't anyone want Kobe?:eek:

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:19 PM
It is a long season and I am sure the Suns will rebound from this. I don't see that they improved over the summer though, probably even got weaker defensively, specially in the post. No doubt the Suns will be up there in the rankings.
I have to say I was not happy when they picked up Hill, but watching him play, I think he will be a good compliment to Diaws weak game at PF. He brings a good amount of respect and might free up some mor epaint for Amare.
That is if he can make it past 10 games.:)

dmontzsta
11-03-2007, 01:22 PM
And what the hell is going on with the trade talks SWB? Doesn't anyone want Kobe?:eek:
Everyone does, they were chanting "KOBE KOBE KOBE" in chicago as the bulls lost again. The problem is the Lakers are not going to be boned in the anus this time around and have made it known. If Kobe really wants out, he is going to have to waive his no trade clause, which he wont.
I am sure after playing these first two games, he is re-thinking things a bit, with Lamar coming back especially. Remember, the Lakers didnt turn into a shitty team last year, they had a ridiculous amount of injuries and that is a excuse. They do have alot of talent, I think Bynum showed what he can do with his size last night, that little hook is almost untouchable unless you are as long as him.
The star of the night though, IMO was D. FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH! He was the biggest boost. Oh yeah, did I mention Kobe only played 27 minutes? :D

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Its all good, you never know. Nash could break his leg and there goes the suns season. :)
L Barbosa is the future of the Suns. That kid has been an evolving talent with the best teacher in the game. Leandro will do great things over the next couple years. He is unselfish and will eventually replace Nash as the starter.

Jyruiz
11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
A lot of teams want Kobe, it is just that Kobe only wants to go to one team and is trying to dictate who gets traded.
I have to say I was not happy when they picked up Hill, but watching him play, I think he will be a good compliment to Diaws weak game at PF. He brings a good amount of respect and might free up some mor epaint for Amare.
That is if he can make it past 10 games.
They should have kept Thomas, size if very hard to beat in the playoffs and neither Marion or Grant will be able to play PF when it counts the most.

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Everyone does, they were chanting "KOBE KOBE KOBE" in chicago as the bulls lost again. The problem is the Lakers are not going to be boned in the anus this time around and have made it known. If Kobe really wants out, he is going to have to waive his no trade clause, which he wont.
I am sure after playing these first two games, he is re-thinking things a bit, with Lamar coming back especially. Remember, the Lakers didnt turn into a shitty team last year, they had a ridiculous amount of injuries and that is a excuse. They do have alot of talent, I think Bynum showed what he can do with his size last night, that little hook is almost untouchable unless you are as long as him.
The star of the night though, IMO was D. FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH! He was the biggest boost. Oh yeah, did I mention Kobe only played 27 minutes? :D
No arguement here about the Lakers being very talented. However, they will continue to suck with "Sirus the Virus" on their team. Kobe has to go! D Fish is a great player and doesn't need Kobe.

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:26 PM
A lot of teams want Kobe, it is just that Kobe only wants to go to one team and is trying to dictate who gets traded.
They should have kept Thomas, size if very hard to beat in the playoffs and neither Marion or Grant will be able to play PF when it counts the most.
Couln't agree more. Banks should have been dealt to keep Thomas. Banks is a waste of a bench seat with Barbosa and Nash on your team.

Jyruiz
11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Couln't agree more. Banks should have been dealt to keep Thomas. Banks is a waste of a bench seat with Barbosa and Nash on your team.
And to think, the Suns signed Banks to keep him away from the Lakers. Nobody wants Banks with that contract, he is over paid. Thomas was in his final year, so it was easy to trade him so they could stay under the cap. That is really a shame, as the Suns are/were on the cusp of winning it all. The Suns might have screwed themselfs this past offseason.

AZJD
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM
And to think, the Suns signed Banks to keep him away from the Lakers. Nobody wants Banks with that contract, he is over paid. Thomas was in his final year, so it was easy to trade him so they could stay under the cap. That is really a shame, as the Suns are/were on the cusp of winning it all. The Suns might have screwed themselfs this past offseason.
I think the key is to keep Grant Hill healthy and make Diaw fight for that spot. He is talented, but he's french. He is a pushover. Marion needs to play every night with intensity and put his problems behind him that he has with management. Play hard and they will be contenders. SA and Dallas are just plain tough teams. Ginobli is playing like a man on a mission. Watch out for SA, as they seem to be used to winning and are not phased by championships anymore. They just keep coming back and getting stronger.

dmontzsta
11-03-2007, 03:28 PM
That is really a shame, as the Suns are/were on the cusp of winning it all. The Suns might have screwed themselfs this past offseason.
I said that same thing last year and was flamed. The suns do not have what it takes to get all the way, IMO. It looks like PJ sees it too...
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1103sunsnb1103.html
As much as they want to rely on Nash, I give him 2 years. His back is in serious pain and you cant really fix back issues, you can hide them but you will feel them. You can see every time he goes to the bench, he lays down most of the time to keep it straight. Marion is out of there after this year. Barbosa still has a ways to go, especially with the FTs, Diaw is basically almost as bad as Cook.
swooooooooooooooooosh, that is the sound of the suns time going down the toilet! :D

Jyruiz
11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I said that same thing last year and was flamed. The suns do not have what it takes to get all the way, IMO. It looks like PJ sees it too...
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/1103sunsnb1103.html
As much as they want to rely on Nash, I give him 2 years. His back is in serious pain and you cant really fix back issues, you can hide them but you will feel them. You can see every time he goes to the bench, he lays down most of the time to keep it straight. Marion is out of there after this year. Barbosa still has a ways to go, especially with the FTs, Diaw is basically almost as bad as Cook.
swooooooooooooooooosh, that is the sound of the suns time going down the toilet! :D
You might be right about Marion, but you are wrong about Barbosa and Diaw. Barbosa is not a Nash type of player, but he is a very good offensive player, and Diaw is way better than Cook.

Boa1277
11-03-2007, 10:16 PM
The Lakers have talent and the Lakers have this and that, you guys Monsta and Ruiz talk more crap for having such a crappy team the last couple years. The Lakers beat the Suns but I guarantee you the Suns will have the better record this year and probably the next few years especially with your Kobe problems. You know it is pretty bad when the best player in the NBA doesnt even want to play on your team, actually the 2 best players in the NBA if you count Shaq. ouch! If you ask me Kupchek is really screwing up the foundation that West built and the old man Buss can anyone say Jerry Jones syndrome.

dmontzsta
11-04-2007, 06:01 AM
The Lakers have talent and the Lakers have this and that, you guys Monsta and Ruiz talk more crap for having such a crappy team the last couple years. The Lakers beat the Suns but I guarantee you the Suns will have the better record this year and probably the next few years especially with your Kobe problems. You know it is pretty bad when the best player in the NBA doesnt even want to play on your team, actually the 2 best players in the NBA if you count Shaq. ouch! If you ask me Kupchek is really screwing up the foundation that West built and the old man Buss can anyone say Jerry Jones syndrome.
What does the record matter when you lose in the second round anyways? How many banners do the suns have in their arena? :D
Kobe wants better players around, All Star type players. Shaq wanted way too much money and the Lakers were smart not to bite. How are you going to say nobody wants to play for the Lakers? Everytime a star is asked about it, they say it would be a privledge and an honor, then they go on to talk about the franchises great history. Marion has said he would like to play for the Lakers.
BTW: The Lakers didnt just "beat" the suns. They completely picked them apart and put on a triangle clinic.

totenhosen
11-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Us Laker fans shouldn't be talking trash just yet. Let's win more than a few games before we even consider doing that. Otherwise you look pretty foolish.

Jyruiz
11-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Dude, you need to do your homework, I don't talk crap on here, just because you see my name in these threads doesn't mean I am talking crap about other teams. You can search all my BB post and you will see that I never put other teams down like others here.

Jyruiz
11-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Us Laker fans shouldn't be talking trash just yet. Let's win more than a few games before we even consider doing that. Otherwise you look pretty foolish.
I have not talked any trash, I all said a late flight should not be an excuse and that the Lakers put on a good effort. I don't see how that is talking any trash. I think some people are posting with there emotions on here and not with there heads.

GAME TIME
11-04-2007, 09:31 AM
What did a better season record get the Suns last year? The year before?How about Dallas? LOL. Again a case of the Suns thinking they own the place but can't even get to the finals. Three all stars, 6th man of the year and a first team all defensive player and they can't even get to the finals. I'm embarrased for you.

AirtimeLavey
11-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I watched both games and the Clippers looked a hell of a lot better in their opener than the Lakers did. You probably didn't even watch them game, just talking out of your ass. I call it like I see it. If they looked like shit, I would say so.
So, let's see, you're talking about comparing the Clippers and the Lakers after 1 game? Given the history of the 2 franchises, and I'm the one talking out of my ass? Lol......ok. You're right, I did not watch the Clippers games, as they are usually very hard to watch if you like basketball. Hopefully that's gotten better. Ok, it has somewhat, but they're just not an interesting team (there are many other teams I would watch before the Clips) yet, and I think they'll be lucky to get into the playoffs this year. More of the same of their long history. Lakers will finish above them, again. At least that's how my ass fells today...did you see my lips move.....:D
Exactly. :D
Dude, are you kidding? It might be just a hair more complicated than that. You do realize he is considered by virtually everybody to be the best player on the planet....:idea: Everybody wants a Ferrari, but not everybody can afford one. :D
Exactly. He's trying to make his team better. If the Lakers can get rolling like they did last year, and like it looks like they might this year, he'll feel differently. Something has to spur these guys to play to their potentials. D. Fish is quality and will be a good leader.
We'll see. Maybe Buss sees something that we don't. hard to bang on the Suns, other than they just can't get over. If Lakers can't get there, they're (the Suns)a team you'd like to see get over. But again, until they do, they're not a whole lot better than the Lakers.
True, but it's fun stirring up the haters. They can't just come on cheer on their teams, they always gotta take shots at the Lake Show. That's what happens when you're the most interesting team in the leaque. What's funny is that they're now in the underdog position in most peoples' minds. Just watch the band wagon get fired up later this season... :D I could be wrong, though.........Naw.
I have not talked any trash, I all said a late flight should not be an excuse and that the Lakers put on a good effort. I don't see how that is talking any trash. I think some people are posting with there emotions on here and not with there heads.
Isn't trash talking mostly emotionally driven? What fun would it be without emotion. :devil: Are we just going to talk stats? Basketball has too many intangibles that affect the outcome to be soley dedicated to stats as an argument and sole point of reference. Although, you always have great facts to throw out for us blabberers to complate. Funny how it always comes back to Lakers being a historically strong team and most entertaining to watch no matter what's happening. :D :D

Boa1277
11-04-2007, 03:11 PM
What did a better season record get the Suns last year? The year before?How about Dallas? LOL. Again a case of the Suns thinking they own the place but can't even get to the finals. Three all stars, 6th man of the year and a first team all defensive player and they can't even get to the finals. I'm embarrased for you.
Dont be embarrased for me, the Lakers had the best player in the NBA with Bryant and still got beat by the Suns. The bottom line is you can say what you will about the Suns but it just makes you look bad because the Suns are better than the Lakers. So fortunately I will be embarrased for you.

GAME TIME
11-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Dont be embarrased for me, the Lakers had the best player in the NBA with Bryant and still got beat by the Suns. The bottom line is you can say what you will about the Suns but it just makes you look bad because the Suns are better than the Lakers. So fortunately I will be embarrased for you.
This makes absolutely no sense. One great player who was matched up against a first team all defensive player then the suns through in three all stars and a sixth man of the year???? The Suns SHOULD beat the Lakers every time they play. It doesn't make me look bad at all knowing that a team that should win the championship each year with that line up got embarrased on their opening night. Then as a suns fan you come out and say let's see who has the better record. LOL. Who cares when they are sitting at home watching the finals?

acatitude
11-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Ain't basketball great??? all the gurus seem to come out lol.. 3 friggin games into the season and its on already :rolleyes:

so cal D
11-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Anyone Who Thinks The Lakers Are Better Off With Out Kobe Is Smoking That Good Stuff, Look What He Has Done For The National Team. Nobody Wants To Blame Jerry Buss, Even Shaq Is Taking Kobe's Side. He Needs To Step Down And Let His Daughter Take Over!

AirtimeLavey
11-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I simply stated that after watching both games, the Clippers looked better in their opener than the Lakers did in theirs.
The Clippers also looked very good again today. They are really getting after it on both ends. Very uptempo. Six players in double figures again. Very unselfish basketball. The ball is not going into the black hole that is Elton Brand, while everybody else stands around and watches.
That was true for the Lakers game 1. Although, they did just about win if it weren't for Battier's (sp?) lucky shot at the end. (Yeah, I know he's a shooter, but even he said he was a bit surprised the shot went down, as was T. Mac who passed the ball to him). Lakers shouldn't have let it get to that point. The past two games are nothing to sneeze at, though. Phx. and Utah. Nice start. It's early, but they seem to grasp the idea of defense, now. Chemistry seems to be coming together as well. :D
Good for the Clippers. Their group has had some time together, so let's see if they can make something of it. :sleeping: :D

dmontzsta
11-05-2007, 07:00 AM
That was true for the Lakers game 1. Although, they did just about win if it weren't for Battier's (sp?) lucky shot at the end. (Yeah, I know he's a shooter, but even he said he was a bit surprised the shot went down, as was T. Mac who passed the ball to him). Lakers shouldn't have let it get to that point. The past two games are nothing to sneeze at, though. Phx. and Utah. Nice start. It's early, but they seem to grasp the idea of defense, now. Chemistry seems to be coming together as well. :D
Good for the Clippers. Their group has had some time together, so let's see if they can make something of it. :sleeping: :D
Not just that shot, but a FREAK own basket by Luke Walton which gave them two points and 17 missed free throws and they still only lost by 2! :)
Lakers looked good again last night putting a spanking on utah. So the Lakers have broken off phoenix, beat utah and damn near beat houston. Everyone predicted an 0-3 start by now since they would be facing great teams to start. Fisher is KEY! It helps having a good point guard, smush parker sucked! Turiaf is coming alive, Bynum is coming around, Radman is finally starting to earn his paycheck all of this good stuff and Odom is coming back soon. :D

AZJD
11-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Anyone Who Thinks The Lakers Are Better Off With Out Kobe Is Smoking That Good Stuff, Look What He Has Done For The National Team. Nobody Wants To Blame Jerry Buss, Even Shaq Is Taking Kobe's Side. He Needs To Step Down And Let His Daughter Take Over!
And Hillary for President!:idea:

AZJD
11-05-2007, 07:38 AM
So is it just me? Or, are the Suns better without Amare?
They laid into the Cavs pretty good last night, without Amare.
Do they really need him? :confused: I have kinda thought in the past he may slow the team down, like he took too much emphasis off the fast pace.

dmontzsta
11-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Do they really need him? :confused: I have kinda thought in the past he may slow the team down, like he took too much emphasis off the fast pace.
It really depends on the team. Without Amare in the middle teams are going to eat the suns alive on offense, they already cannot play defense, then you take away the only big defensive threat in the middle and teams like utah, Lakers, spurs are going to have a field day with that.

DILLIGAF
11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
are the Suns better without Amare?
Do the Lakers need Kobe? Same difference except Amare is a much better team member.

AZJD
11-05-2007, 10:49 AM
It really depends on the team. Without Amare in the middle teams are going to eat the suns alive on offense, they already cannot play defense, then you take away the only big defensive threat in the middle and teams like utah, Lakers, spurs are going to have a field day with that.
I wouldn't say we can't play defense. Bell and Nash are pretty good. We have a pretty good amount of steals every year aswell. I would say Marion is better than both of them. We don't have a strong defense in the paint though, I will give you that.

acatitude
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
The suns are just a great team, even without Amare. The playoffs are when he will show his need.. I think his knee is still slowing him down.
The lakers have been very impressive early. If Brynum keeps improving he will be a force... Don't get all smiley now menstraul, but I will give credit where it's due...:)

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't say we can't play defense. Bell and Nash are pretty good. We have a pretty good amount of steals every year aswell. I would say Marion is better than both of them. We don't have a strong defense in the paint though, I will give you that.
The Suns traded there best low post defender for draft pics, I think there D will suffer when playing the bigger teams. Marion and Bell are really good defenders, but those guys can't defent PFs or Cs, not even Amare can. That is why they brought Thomas in last year, but now he is gone so they don't have anybody. I don't think the Suns improved at all over the summer.

dmontzsta
11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Glad to see everyone on the right track. :)
The Lakers will continue to get better, remember they are all very young. The suns have been at the top of their peak and will start sliding off after this year.
my predictions... :)
Also, you know there is a reason why the Buss family has said Bynum is untouchable. They have been in basketball long enough and around the greatest players to not see something and they are starting to look even smarter as Bynum plays more minutes.

AZJD
11-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I just wanted to be sure everyone saw this part.......:D

dmontzsta
11-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I just wanted to be sure everyone saw this part.......:D
They dont have a strong defense at all. :) They just rely on outscoring everyone.

AZJD
11-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Stupid Suns!
I can't believe they lost to the Lakers. That means I have to wait until Christmas to talk smack to Dmonstasa!:D
How did your Raiders do yesterday?:eek:

DILLIGAF
11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Since Insane is talking crazy after a couple of games I thought I would chime in with some crazy BS, way to early stats talk:
Who is the highest scoring team in the NBA right now?
What is the #2 team in rebounds per game right now?
What is the #2 team in assists per game right now?
What is the #4 team in A/TO rate right now?
Who is in 1st place in the Pacific Division right now?
Way to early for all this Insane talk. I am going back into the woodwork........lol

GAME TIME
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Since Insane is talking crazy after a couple of games I thought I would chime in with some crazy BS, way to early stats talk:
Who is the highest scoring team in the NBA right now?
What is the #2 team in rebounds per game right now?
What is the #2 team in assists per game right now?
What is the #4 team in A/TO rate right now?
Who is in 1st place in the Pacific Division right now?
Way to early for all this Insane talk. I am going back into the woodwork........lol
Who is 2-0 against teams that are 0-6?

DILLIGAF
11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Who is 2-0 against teams that are 0-6?
lol....

dmontzsta
11-05-2007, 06:15 PM
SA LAP!!!
lol.

GAME TIME
11-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Uh um...I don't think so...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jmcmahan23/fullj_getty-76076024sd026_utah_jazz.jpg

dmontzsta
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Here is an article PERFECT for this thread. :)
Lakers rising, Suns falling...
The 2007-08 NBA season will see a major shift in the balance of power in the Pacific Division. Over the last three years, the LAKERS-SUNS matchup has turned into an extremely bitter rivalry not only for the players and coaches but also for the thousands of loyal fans that support these two tough teams.
After keeping serious tabs on these two teams over the summer, one thing is obvious to me. The LAKERS are vastly improving both on offense and defense and gaining more confidence by the second, while the SUNS look like their same old predictable selves and are getting more brittle and more frustrated as each passing day comes. Let's begin with the LAKERS.
As I've been saying all along, THE LAKERS ASSAULT IS COMING. In fact, it's already happening.
I know it's early and people will say that the Lakers' recent one-sided victories against Phoenix (119-98) and Utah (119-109) came at the expense of their opponents' second night of back-to-back games. But do you expect me to believe that these professional athletes this early in the season will have weary legs? Give me a break. Back-to-back games in the first week of the season should not be an excuse. Players are in shape and they should be more pumped up to play, especially with Phoenix playing in their home opener and Utah having to travel only 1 hour to get to Los Angeles from Oakland. The Lakers were flat out better and it is a major sign of things to come.
3) Mike D'Antoni is not as good as everyone thinks he is. Phil Jackson is already in his head, and the simple fact he makes a big deal about that silly timeout for which Phil had a very legit reason for calling, lets me know he has his own insecurities about his own team. Take the loss like a man D'Antoni and quit crying like Adelman and C-Webb were doing when the Lakers kept shoving it against the Kings' you-know-what back in the day. You haven't won squat, and I'm sure you haven't earned that respect from Jackson the way he admires and reveres Jerry Sloan, Gregg Popovich, and Pat Riley.

DILLIGAF
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
So....Insane, where was the article published? Might want to give credit to the guy/girl who wrote it. Could it be from a message board?

dmontzsta
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
So....Insane, where was the article published? Might want to give credit to the guy/girl who wrote it. Could it be from a message board?
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/J-DIZZLE/2007/11/05/The_LAKERS_are_rising_and_the_SUNS_are_setting_why _LA_will_have_their_number_this_year

DILLIGAF
11-06-2007, 01:08 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/J-DIZZLE/2007/11/05/The_LAKERS_are_rising_and_the_SUNS_are_setting_why _LA_will_have_their_number_this_year
Shit.....that isn't a friggin' article. That is a community blog (message board) kind of like HB, right?
This one is written by: J-DIZZLE. Anybody know WTF J-DIZZLE is? lol
Jeez Insane.........

DILLIGAF
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Just so you know. This is an article Insane:
Average Lakers ticket is nearly $90
Associated Press
CHICAGO (AP) - Lakers fans will pay big bucks for tickets this season, whether Kobe Bryant remains in Los Angeles or not.
The average price of a Lakers season ticket is $89.24, highest in the NBA, according to Team Marketing Report's survey released Tuesday. That was an increase of 4.5 percent from last season.
Lakers owner Jerry Buss said last month the team would look to trade Bryant, who criticized management and asked to be dealt last spring. But fans likely would prefer to have the two-time NBA scoring champion in town, since a family of four shells out an average of $453.95 a night to see the Lakers, also tops in the league, according to the survey's Fan Cost Index.
The Fan Cost Index is based on four average-price tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four regular-size hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs and two least-expensive, adult-size adjustable caps. The league average is $281.90.
The average NBA ticket price climbed 3.6 percent, an increase of about two dollars, to $48.83.
The New York Knicks charge an average of $70.51 to watch a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2004. Boston's average ticket rose slightly to $65.43, and Chicago ($63) is fourth after a 15.3 percent increase.
The Hornets, in their first season back in New Orleans, charge a league-low $24.58.

dmontzsta
11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
They are the Lakers! Of course ticket prices are high. Do you think people will not pay it? and maybe, go see the clippers? lol.
No, the clippers will keep trying to sale tickets through Del Taco, Commericals, etc...the Lakers DO NOT MARKET!