PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Courtesy?

brianwhiteboy
11-03-2007, 04:43 PM
is it just me.....or do you get frustrated when you buy something on Ebay, pay for it immediately and then the seller doesn't leave you feedback when you take the time to leave them one? :2purples: Or the seller won't leave you a feedback until you have left one for them? It seems to me that as soon as I've paid for something then I've completed my end of the deal and I should be left feedback........just common courtesy I think :)

Cheap Thrills
11-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Yep happens to me all the time. I've had only one seller leave feedback when they received payment. All the other A holes wait until I leave it for them. BS.
My worst gripe is. Is that I can get a check to, and an item received from OK 1800 mile round trip in 7 days but a package from OH. 400 miles away takes 18+ days.
T.

pw_Tony
11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I never leave feedback until the package arrives and I inspect it. But when someone pays for an item I'm selling I leave a positive feedback right away... but then I have to worry about them leaving a negative one, hasn't happened yet but maybe one day.
That's why Craigslist kicks ass

angry dad
11-03-2007, 05:11 PM
The buyer should leave feedback first!!
I have had buyers try to use the feedback thing as negotiating tool,
Say there not happy with an item, and demand part money back!!!:mad:
Never again for me, when i sell.
When i buy, and am happy with the deal, i leave feedback first.
Never a problem!!

pw_Tony
11-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Never a problem!!
The buyer should leave feedback first? What about if the shipping takes f-in forever or it's a piece of shit?

IMPATIENT 1
11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
its a double edged sword for the seller to feedback 1st, been there myself. i sold a bbf 460 edelbrock rpm cam , lifters, intake combo on ebay for like 200 bucks, listed the shipping for 25bucks to mainland us only. get a email from the buyer in new mexico askin me to lower the shipping after he'd already won it, i tell him insurance was included in the shipping, he says "as cheap as possible, no insurance". well long storty short, i gave him positive feedback immediately after i received payment, box with the intake cam etc. got beat up by ups and lost 1 single lifter, buyer gives me negative feedback cause i wouldn't replace it since he'd refused insurance to save a buck or 2.tried to dispute it with ebay, sent them the email from the buyer saying to drop the insurance, they let the shitty feedback stand. its still the only negative feedback i've gotten:mad: so now i wait for the buyer, yeah it sux but i can't get negative feedback from some cheap dickhead again, ebay is the only place in my area to move something quik. craigslist is ok but the scammers overload ya with bs:mad:

angry dad
11-03-2007, 05:41 PM
The buyer should leave feedback first? What about if the shipping takes f-in forever or it's a piece of shit?
Simple, if your unhappy, ask for your money back, or leave bad feedback.
I will always refund your $ if unhappy.

angry dad
11-03-2007, 05:43 PM
its a double edged sword for the seller to feedback 1st, been there myself. i sold a bbf 460 edelbrock rpm cam , lifters, intake combo on ebay for like 200 bucks, listed the shipping for 25bucks to mainland us only. get a email from the buyer in new mexico askin me to lower the shipping after he'd already won it, i tell him insurance was included in the shipping, he says "as cheap as possible, no insurance". well long storty short, i gave him positive feedback immediately after i received payment, box with the intake cam etc. got beat up by ups and lost 1 single lifter, buyer gives me negative feedback cause i wouldn't replace it since he'd refused insurance to save a buck or 2.tried to dispute it with ebay, sent them the email from the buyer saying to drop the insurance, they let the shitty feedback stand. its still the only negative feedback i've gotten:mad: so now i wait for the buyer, yeah it sux but i can't get negative feedback from some cheap dickhead again, ebay is the only place in my area to move something quik. craigslist is ok but the scammers overload ya with bs:mad:
Been there, done that!

pw_Tony
11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Simple, if your unhappy, ask for your money back, or leave bad feedback.
I will always refund your $ if unhappy.
Can you leave feedback twice?

angry dad
11-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Can you leave feedback twice?
Yeah..............Sure.......

Screemy1
11-03-2007, 06:05 PM
sun of a beotch... this thread just reminded me that I bought a thing off ebay 2 weeks ago.... and it has not arrived.... and I checked and the money is out of my account.... damb it!!!!.... email sent.... I hate it when I buy low priority things... I have in the past and am surprised when it is delivered... but this one has never arrived..... oh well.... I guess I will wait on the reply:mad:

Havasu1986
11-03-2007, 06:15 PM
No. You can only leave feedback once per completed transaction.
The feedback system needs to be revamped. They need to go to a numeric system so that people will actually leave a relevant rating rather than positive or negative.
Your the only guy I know that can play golf and check his e bay sales at the same time. :D

angry dad
11-03-2007, 06:15 PM
The feedback system needs to be revamped. They need to go to a numeric system so that people will actually leave a relevant rating rather than positive or negative.
Yep! I agree!! Good post.

IMPATIENT 1
11-03-2007, 06:17 PM
i did notice last time they had changed it up some like that, still basically pos or neg

502 JET
11-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I have done a lot of Ebay-ing, over 150 feedback 100% positive in the last two years. Both buying and selling.
When I sell something I ask the buyer to please leave feedback when they receive their item and are satisfied with their purchase that way I will know they received it and if there are any problems please contact me.
When I buy I leave feedback when I receive my item and inspect it.
If I have a dispute with an item, I contact the seller first before just firing off a neg. Most sellers are happy to remedy the situation.
I have only left 2 negs, one for a nonpaying bidder who did the same to a bunch of other sellers and the second to that A-HOLE Brian Diaz (AKA V-Drive Speed Marine) for lying in his description.
Both people got thrown off Ebay.
I've sold and purchased a lot of stuff on Ebay, if it wasn't for them I would have never done it. For the most part it's a simple process.:)

CARLSON-JET
11-03-2007, 07:00 PM
There's no such thing as 18 day shipping. The guy either didn't ship it when he said, didn't ship it and didn't care what you thought or it was mishandled. All UPS and FedEx services are guaranteed is 5 business days or less.
Not all transactions are shipped through FEDX/UPS. I sell High end Pc's on ebay. I used to ship them USPS. There is no priority for large boxes such as a PC. I have had to sweat it out for over 21 days because the P.O. did not bother to scan in the item when shipped. I no longer use USPS for anything over their flat rate priority boxes. I also sent a Mobo USPS priority to N.J. from Chicago, it took almost 3 weeks. I also buy alot of PC parts and it takes more then 2 weeks for larger boxes to go from Ohio to chicago.
As far as the feedback.. yes it can be used as a tool to blackmail and as a seller I waite for a happy buyer to leave it first... as I do when I buy..
As far as leaving feedback twice. You may reply to feedback left or add to your previous feedback after feedback is left whether buy or sell. to use this option you have to dig deep as it does not appear as a link on " My Ebay summary".

IMPATIENT 1
11-03-2007, 07:19 PM
As a point of law, the seller is required to deliver what the buyer paid for, in the condition specified, irrespective of whether they purchased insurance or not. Paying for insurance on eBay is the biggest crock of shit ever. Insurance is for the shipper, not the receiver.
in my case, the buyer willingly waved his right to said "law";) :D :D :D i did a good job packaging, but when the shipping service beats a box up so bad the peanuts falls out, anything can happen to what's inside, which is the reason i pay for insurance everytime i ship ups or fedex now and set a flat rate for shipping and handling.even if i sent a single lifter, he wanted a new set(items were used), he was just a dick:mad:

3 daytona`s
11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
is it just me.....or do you get frustrated when you buy something on Ebay, pay for it immediately and then the seller doesn't leave you feedback when you take the time to leave them one? :2purples: Or the seller won't leave you a feedback until you have left one for them? It seems to me that as soon as I've paid for something then I've completed my end of the deal and I should be left feedback........just common courtesy I think :)
You buy something and get what you pay for? You purchase an item in a store what do you do? I purchase items and pay for them and that is the end of the transaction,let`s not make it complicated or difficult. You deserve a high-five for doing what was expected:idea:

3 daytona`s
11-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Not so fast, my friend. If he purchases an item at the store, he has recourse to return a faulty item. If he gets no satisfaction from the store, he can dispute the charges with his credit card company. He can take a store to small claims court. He can lodge a complaint with the BBB. The eBay feedback system was developed to establish trust between buyers and sellers where many of these recourses are not available.
if or when a problem E-Bay has a dispute process that has worked like a charm for me twice:) FYI

3 daytona`s
11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm not going to get into an eBay argument with you. I have an account with 6000 feedback.
You are the Man;)

superdave013
11-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Never a problem!!
I do not agree, I feel when I buy and pay now I have completed my end of the deal. You should not hold my feedback hostage. And when I get the item and inpsect it as being what I bought I'll leave it for you. If there is a problem of course I'll contact you. If you have not left me feedback I just go on my way and don't leave you one either.
When I sell items I say in my listing that I don't hold feedback hostage. So far I'm 100% + with over 200 feedbacks. Now if guys like you would play correct I'd have well over 500.
I agree with SWB, the feedback system is does need a revamp. There are alot of POS sellers out there that hold feedbacks hostage. When they do that you have no way of knowing if they are good, bad or so so sellers.

4trax
11-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Never a problem!!
NO the buyer shouldn't! I sell and buy on ebay. The seller should leave feed back first because what your leaving feed back on is how the person paid and how promptly they paid. Then the buyer leaves feed back after they receive the item or items. If they are happy leave a appropriate feed back. If not happy, contact seller to make things right before leaving feed back. If things are not worked out then. Leave neg. feed back. If seller does not want neg. feed back then make it right with customer. Plain and simple customer is always right.

Riomouse911
11-04-2007, 09:29 AM
I buy stuff on eBay, and my father in law buys/sells a lot of big-money items on eBay all the time. I would never leave feedback until I receive the item, as you would be at the mercy of the honesty of the seller, and that alone. How can you describe the item, the packaging/condition, the shipping time, etc? When pops got an inverter last year that was described as "new", then checked the date code and found it was "new" in 2004 and returned to the manufacturer in 2005, he was pissed because the seller lied. Only through the dispute process, and negative feedback he placed which was ultimately "retracted", did the issue get resolved. Caveat Emptor applies x10 when you are buying sight unseen on eBay, and sometimes the feedback is the only way to protect yourself from the crooks that can even infest a great thing like eBay.