PDA

View Full Version : anyone here of JET BOAT ENGINEERING in Tulsa OK

svtrich
09-10-2003, 05:50 PM
I heard they were building 19 cheyennes but where can I find there #.
Richard

Jake W
09-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Not sure about that :confused: , but Wyatt is making 18 and 20 ft tunnel Young blood copies :D .At 7000 apice cry for bare glass there was one in the Boat trader awhile back.Does any one know what Wyatt Earp is calling his boat building buis now since it is not Condor any more?
Thanks Jake

Hermosa
09-10-2003, 06:09 PM
svtrich:
I heard they were building 19 cheyennes but where can I find there #.
Richard Dude, you're on the net, look it up...... 918-489-5967

Dog
09-10-2003, 06:35 PM
If it is not a true cheyenne mold or you don't want to spend the extra money to have the bottom done i would pass. I don't know who has this mold you are talking about but there are a lot of splash molds around this area.

Duane HTP
09-10-2003, 06:55 PM
I would also pass on that hull. It takes too much bottom work to make them run. The man who used to make Condor boats just bought the true Cheyenne molds that Papp used to have. I think he is going to make a limited number of them a year. I have spoken for the first two, but don't know when that will be because of illness in his family.I hope it is soon. Duane HTP
[ September 10, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]

Jake W
09-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Duane what do you think of one of Wyatts 18 foot tunnel Young blood Copies?I think it was you that said after about 105 they come un hooked am I rembering right?
Thanks Jake :D

Dog
09-10-2003, 07:21 PM
There are a lot of these around here also. Just from watching them run and talking to people that have ran them they seem to porpoise pretty bad.

Jake W
09-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Thanks Dog (sounds like I am from the hood)
I was thinking fo trying to find one for a lake boat it would be a 85 mph boat do you think it would serve it perpous(sp).And if you have a line on one that is just the hull let me know would you.Thanks Jake wink

sdba069
09-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey Duane......I believe Jay Ernsy bought the molds from Kustom Kraft(Jimmy Dominick) and is contracting with Irving to build the boats.Those are the original Cheyenne molds.As far as I know Papp never had the molds.You know those molds have flat keels and have to have the drop keels added. The JBE molds are here in Texas,but right now nothing is happening with them.The boat they popped for that mold had a drop keel in it.Just like you said,the JBE bottoms are nasty,but can be worked.I've owned 3 of them and with considerable work made them run pretty good.From experience with Irving's boats,he can build a quality piece and I look forward to seeing one.

sdba069
09-10-2003, 08:19 PM
As far as the 18' Youngblood tunnels..with the addition of trim plates and getting the balance worked out they will fly.The 20 footers without the addition of some keel or a ton of shoe seem to run up against a brick wall at about 100 -105 mph.They start running out of water about there.I've seen one 20' out of southern Ok. with a twin turbo BBC with NOS run around 115 mph but it had a nice drop keel on it.I think the 18' is one of the cleanest looking tunnels around.Condor built some nice ones.

Dog
09-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Jay Ernst does have the Cheyenne molds. I have heard Irving Capps was laying some up.Don't know for sure about that though.
The Wyatts that i have seen make ok lake boats but all the ones i have seen have been layed up real light.
sdba069 Was the 20 Wyatt your talking about yellow and red? "Hass" Stepp i believe is his name. The boat runs very nice havn't looked at the bottom real close though.
[ September 10, 2003, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Dog ]

Duane HTP
09-11-2003, 05:52 AM
You are right about the guys who now own the molds. I set up the sale for them. I just wasn't using their names on the board. Ervin's Dad has had heart surgery and has been in and out of the hospital, his daughter fell out of a boat and got cut up so bad by the prop that she lost one lung. This is why the project is on hold. I hope Ervin's family all recover so he can start building the boats. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the best.
Yes, the 18' Youngblood's make excellent 85 mph lake boats. They are the Water HOTROD in my opinion.

Dog
09-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear about Irvin's family hope they get well soon.

Jake W
09-11-2003, 06:43 PM
I think Unchained has a red Cheyenne for sale?
Jake

Dog
09-12-2003, 10:19 AM
This is a twin turbo nitrous 20' Wyatt
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/292Dscf0009.jpg

Jake W
09-12-2003, 12:58 PM
I have talked to Wyatt befor a few years ago and that is when he said he was going to start making them agine.Has he changed the bottom at all from the Young bloods?thanks for the pic since you are in Oklahoma you ever delt with Dan at LCK Marine?Thanks Jake :D

Dog
09-12-2003, 02:26 PM
I am not for sure if anything had been changed on the bottoms.
I know Dan and have been to his shop several times.

Jake W
09-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Dan am I have some history he is the guy that painted my boat.There is more to this storie that I wont get in to.Do you knoe Kenny and is he still running that BD Eliminator?Dan is a really nice guy .He was going through some rough times when he had my boat I hope it has all worked out for him.I might give him a ring after while.Did you ever see a orange bubbledeck Tahiti there it was there about 2 years ago that was my boat.Any way thanks for the info on Wyatts boats.
Jake :D

Dog
09-12-2003, 04:34 PM
I think Dan always has "hardtimes" but like you said its not something to get into.
Yep i know Kenny also he camped with us last weekend at the local once a year hillbilly nationals (1000' flag racing).
Pictures (http://www.kennysealsphoto.com/Website25/index.htm)
More pictures (http://www.kennysealsphoto.com/Website26/index.htm)
Some more pictures (http://www.kennysealsphoto.com/Website27/index.htm)
In the pictures there are a lot of Cheyennes and Wyatts, and some Cheyenne splashes.
[ September 12, 2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Dog ]

Jake W
09-12-2003, 08:57 PM
Is this the one held at Thunderbird?Cool pics
thanks Jake

Dog
09-12-2003, 09:06 PM
That was Ft. Cobb this is the 5th year they have had it. Its fun thats about it.
More info on Ft. Cobb (http://www.smoke-on-the-water.com/)

Jake W
09-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Do you know if Kenny ever did any thing with the light lay up TX 19 he had at LCK it was black.I called Dan and he had went to UPS and low and behold when I got back home from the dirt track fhe had called me back.There were alot of TXs in thoes pics 18 19 and 20s.What kind of boat do you run Dog?
Jake :D

Dog
09-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Don't know what happen to the TX.
I don't have a boat right now. Been busy working on a couple of friends boats this summer. Hopefully i will get something to put together this winter. Right now i am helping a buddy put together this hydro.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/292home1.jpg
With this motor
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/292Dscf0040-med.jpg
That 21' Tunnel is one that we were working on this summer. It runs around 95 or so.
Oh yeah it seems that everyone in town has a TX. Anytime you go to a lake there are always 4 or 5 there.
[ September 13, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Dog ]

pops1
09-15-2003, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dog:
[QB] I think Dan always has "hardtimes"
Dan did have a hardyear Yet hung in there and has made a good come back- he doubled his purchases this past year and always gentleman.
Hardtimes hit each and everyone - Its about the character and make-up of the person- I do not know one in this business that has not been there and if thy have not- Then I say not TESTED YET!.