PDA

View Full Version : Looking 4 a nice pontoon boat.

blender over
03-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Im looking for a nearly new pontoon boat around 25 ft long, merc only o/b or bigger motor. Or a i/o will work.
anyone have any hookups????
Looking to spend around 20,000 g's
Thanks

Biglue
03-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Just buy the bigger cat you were looking for. :rolleyes: :)

blender over
03-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Just buy the bigger cat you were looking for. :rolleyes: :)
no for me lue, for a FRIEND OF MINE.

Biglue
03-02-2006, 02:48 PM
no for me lue, for a FRIEND OF MINE.
Better be focko.

Eliminator 4 Life
03-02-2006, 02:48 PM
I sell top of the J/C's but you need a lil more dough :cool:

blender over
03-03-2006, 08:58 AM
anyone??

JB in so cal
03-03-2006, 09:01 AM
you may need to go to www.moderatelyusedbutgoodshapepontoonboat.com
to find what you're looking for :)

blender over
03-03-2006, 09:08 AM
you may need to go to www.moderatelyusedbutgoodshapepontoonboat.com
to find what you're looking for :)
link dont work :mad:

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:10 AM
link dont work :mad:
Here, try this one:
www.ItSeemsITotallyMissedTheJoke.com
:D :D :D

Robert1050
03-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I have a friend with a 26' Playcraft, it is only a couple of years old, with a Honda Outboard. Located in Havasu. PM for a #.
Robert

BarryMac
03-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Here are some from the Trader. (http://www.boattraderonline.com/adsearch/boatsearchprocess.html)
Jordy and JB are twin brothers from different mothers, basically they're being assholes to you, just put them on ignore and you wont have to read anymore of their banter... :D :D

JB in so cal
03-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Here, try this one:
www.ItSeemsITotallyMissedTheJoke.com
:D :D :D
LOL!

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Jordy and JB are twin brothers from different mothers, basically they're being assholes to you, just put them on ignore and you wont have to read anymore of their banter... :D :D
Fun cruncher. Boo. :notam:
BTW, I totally gave you the wrong directions to where you want to go. Scuba Steve knows though. Just call him around midnight and ask. :D :D :D

blender over
03-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Here are some from the Trader. (http://www.boattraderonline.com/adsearch/boatsearchprocess.html)
It's all good , there just ***boat bitches.....oh i mean cool guys wanting attention :rolleyes:

bordsmnj
03-03-2006, 09:28 AM
<------biting tongue
LMAO! :)

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:28 AM
It's all good , there just ***boat bitches.....oh i mean cool guys wanting attention :rolleyes:
Whatever whacker boy... :notam: :D

blender over
03-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Whatever whacker boy... :notam: :D
wannabee skater :)

2Driver
03-03-2006, 09:31 AM
I sell top of the J/C's but you need a lil more dough :cool:
I have had 2 JC's Tritoons over the years. They are hands down one of the best out. I would not be afraid of picking up a nice used one even if it was 5-6 years old.
Check the trader. I actualy made $6K when I sold the second one if you can believe that!

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:32 AM
wannabee skater :)
C'mon now, if you're going to steal someone else's shit, at least do it correctly.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38spectrejordy.jpg
You can thank Charley for that little gem. :D :D :D

blender over
03-03-2006, 09:37 AM
C'mon now, if you're going to steal someone else's shit, at least do it correctly.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38spectrejordy.jpg
You can thank Charley for that little gem. :D :D :D
Im just looking for a boat!!!!!

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:38 AM
And we're trying to help you by keeping your thread up top. People helping people. It's powerful stuff. :D :D :D
OK, how about this site:
www.ReallyNeedAPontoon.com
They have some great boats that would fit your criteria. :D

uvindex
03-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Im looking for a nearly new pontoon boat around 25 ft long, merc only o/b or bigger motor. Or a i/o will work.
anyone have any hookups????
Looking to spend around 20,000 g's
ThanksYou can get something pretty nice for 20,000 g's, as that works out to $20,000,000! (g=1000) :D (Just playing with ya. Good luck on the boat search! :))

JB in so cal
03-03-2006, 09:46 AM
PM WildBillG or go to www.Boatbrokers.com. A REAL site; I swear.

BarryMac
03-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Fun cruncher. Boo. :notam:
BTW, I totally gave you the wrong directions to where you want to go. Scuba Steve knows though. Just call him around midnight and ask. :D :D :D
Hey, why don't you PM me your number, I'll call you when we get too town and you can buy me and my bride dinner and a drink...:D :D Oh never mind I'll call Scuba, at least he's not an asshole... :D :D

blender over
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
You can get something pretty nice for 20,000 g's, as that works out to $20,000,000! (g=1000) :D (Just playing with ya. Good luck on the boat search! :))
:boxed:

Cole
03-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I have a pontoon for sale... 1999 tracker 18' with a 25hp merc, it's not fast but at least you wont spill your drinks!!! beside its a pontoon how fast do you really need to go!!! :rollside: 6900 obo call me if interested. 949-351-1562

2Driver
03-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Don't worry about Jordy, he's a legend in his own mind :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3347worship1.jpg

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Wow, this thread just took a wierd turn. Can't we just help BO boy find a new boat??? :D :D :D
Hey, why don't you PM me your number, I'll call you when we get too town and you can buy me and my bride dinner and a drink...:D :D Oh never mind I'll call Scuba, at least he's not an asshole... :D :D
Oh, and that hurts. I have feelings too you know. Not sure where they are, but they're in there somewhere. :( :( :(

blender over
03-03-2006, 09:51 AM
And we're trying to help you by keeping your thread up top. People helping people. It's powerful stuff. :D :D :D
OK, how about this site:
www.ReallyNeedAPontoon.com
They have some great boats that would fit your criteria. :D
your fing cool dude!!!!!!
i hope all your ***boat buttbuddies think the same too.

BarryMac
03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Nope, we all think he's a dick...:D :D

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow, it's called a sense of humor. Might think about picking one up. It's only the internet, why not relax a bit and have some fun on Friday. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Or you could just go the crybaby route. Up to you. :D :D

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Nope, we all think he's a dick...:D :D
Thought it was asshole??? Now I'm confused. ;)
p.s. By responding to that, I think you've just become one of my ***boat buttbuddies. ;)

2Driver
03-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Wow, this thread just took a wierd turn. Can't we just help BO boy find a new boat??? :D :D :D
Oh, and that hurts. I have feelings too you know. Not sure where they are, but they're in there somewhere. :( :( :(
BUt it did me so good to laugh this morning..what can I say. I'll give you a demo ride in the new Chaparral on Sunday :rolleyes:

blender over
03-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Wow, it's called a sense of humor. Might think about picking one up. It's only the internet, why not relax a bit and have some fun on Friday. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Or you could just go the crybaby route. Up to you. :D :D
nope just looking for a boat not a joke :)
thanks ass

Jordy
03-03-2006, 09:57 AM
nope just looking for a boat not a joke :)
thanks ass
That's quite possibly the saddest thing I think I've heard. Boo hoo. :( :notam:
p.s. This is ***boat. Good luck with serious help in the sandbar. Maybe you should check out www.we-be-pontoons-and-shit.com as they're a serious bunch over there. ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
03-03-2006, 09:58 AM
I have had 2 JC's Tritoons over the years. They are hands down one of the best out. I would not be afraid of picking up a nice used one even if it was 5-6 years old.
Check the trader. I actualy made $6K when I sold the second one if you can believe that!
You are actuall right they are by far hands down the best on the market with there unique toon design. And I know it is hard to find a used one in the trader.

jbtrailerjim
03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
p.s. This is ***boat. Good luck with serious help in the sandbar. Maybe you should check out www.we-be-pontoons-and-shit.com as they're a serious bunch over there. ;)
LOL....Thats some funny shit right there. :D

Jordy
03-03-2006, 10:01 AM
LOL....Thats some funny shit right there. :D
No it's not. I was being serious. This is a no jokes allowed thread as it's a very serious topic. ;) :D

2Driver
03-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Now it is gettign wierd...I'm out of here to go hike Pinnale Peak and get some cardio.
Later

KoolPop
03-04-2006, 12:38 PM
You are actuall right they are by far hands down the best on the market with there unique toon design. And I know it is hard to find a used one in the trader.
You haven't looked at a Playcraft powertoon extreme, if you think the JC is the best on the market.

Havasu Cig
03-04-2006, 06:34 PM
You haven't looked at a Playcraft powertoon extreme, if you think the JC is the best on the market.
It all depends what you are looking for. I was all set to buy the Playcraft and my other 1/2 talked me into at least going to look at the Bennington's because we had heard some good stuff about them.
I went for a test drive in both boats on the same day, only about an hour apart. Both boats had the 350 Mag with the Bennington having a Bravo 3 and the Playcraft having a Bravo 1. The Playcraft ran 46 miles an hour and the Bennington ran 45 so performance was pretty much equal, but the Bennington was two feet longer (26 vs 28).
The Playcraft was fairly stripped down inside and the Bennington was much nicer IMO. Full bar, fridge, sink with fresh water, seperate power at the bar with an inverter and shore power. The seats in the Bennington are more plush and the entry from the swim step is a hell of a lot better.
I ended up buying the Bennington for just a couple thousand more than the Playcraft and don't regret it. I would say look at all the boats out there and then decide which one does it for you. I personally did not like the JC's at all.
BTW Blender Over, I think it is going to be hard to find a newer 25' pontoon with the power you want for 20k. I payed about 60k for mine and if I were to sell it now being one year old I think I could get near the 50 range. Good luck though. :cool:

Eliminator 4 Life
03-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Havasu cig I awesome you bought your bennington in havasu. Well they are also the j/c dealer and you can ask them they sell more j/c's then benningtons and no one has a pontoon design like j/c. Bennington is a nice choice for second best but as far as Im concerned no one builds a pontoon like J/C.

Havasu Cig
03-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Different boats IMO. They tried to sell me on a JC and I told them I wanted the one that was the most plush. They immediatly said the Bennington was the Cadillac of the pontoon's and I have to agree.

Eliminator 4 Life
03-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Different boats IMO. They tried to sell me on a JC and I told them I wanted the one that was the most plush. They immediatly said the Bennington was the Cadillac of the pontoon's and I have to agree.
The benningtons are nice but the aluminum in the pontoons in the j/c are thicker and stronger and the j/c is in a league of there own like i said no one has pontoons like j/c

Outnumbered
03-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Your buddy needs to spend a little more. Toons aint cheap anymore unless you get a Sun Tracker 18 footer with a 50HP. Get a tri-toon with a 200HP+ and you can ski and board behind it and run 40+ all day. Check these out, they seem to be the best bang for the buck and are the nicest looking toons I have seen:
http://www.evoboats.com/

Outnumbered
03-04-2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.evoboats.com/gallery/Gallery33/midiRESIZED%2030%20Blue%20003.jpg

PBOCOP
03-04-2006, 11:39 PM
You won't regret getting a Playcraft Xtreme Powertoon. I've had mine for about 2 years and it's the best decision I ever made. I had the toons polished out and I get more comments with this boat than any boat I've had. My buddy bought a Bennington, and when he parks next to mine, he's embarassed. Just really no comparison. I'm sure Bennington and JC are nice but I haven't seen any that compare to my Xtreme. Love it !

Outnumbered
03-05-2006, 12:04 AM
You won't regret getting a Playcraft Xtreme Powertoon. I've had mine for about 2 years and it's the best decision I ever made. I had the toons polished out and I get more comments with this boat than any boat I've had. My buddy bought a Bennington, and when he parks next to mine, he's embarassed. Just really no comparison. I'm sure Bennington and JC are nice but I haven't seen any that compare to my Xtreme. Love it !
Read the first post. Its for his bud and he is trying to stay near $20k. The boat you are talking about is nice but I would guess over $50k.

pushnwood
03-05-2006, 08:26 AM
I have a 1999 Jc tritoon w/115 ob great condition,call me if you want details.661-212-7910

Seadog
03-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Resale price on pontoons can be great for the seller. My 91 Tracker went for $10k in 04. 24' PB w/90 hp Honda. I paid less than $14k originally. And the dealer swears I could have got more. Used pontoons in great shape are a great profit margin for many dealers in this area. You may find something, but it is not going to be as easy as one might think. Good luck.
As for the JC vs Bennington vs Playcraft, it is a matter of individual wants. JC Tritoons are not traditional design, but the Neptune series is. Playcraft appeals to the GFBL crowd, while the Benningtons is going to appeal to those who like to sit around in a lot of comfort between runs.

LOWRIVER2
03-05-2006, 10:46 AM
94" 26ft. Kayot-4cyl. Chev./Mercruiser I/O Pm for details.

Havasu Cig
03-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Resale price on pontoons can be great for the seller. My 91 Tracker went for $10k in 04. 24' PB w/90 hp Honda. I paid less than $14k originally. And the dealer swears I could have got more. Used pontoons in great shape are a great profit margin for many dealers in this area. You may find something, but it is not going to be as easy as one might think. Good luck.
As for the JC vs Bennington vs Playcraft, it is a matter of individual wants. JC Tritoons are not traditional design, but the Neptune series is. Playcraft appeals to the GFBL crowd, while the Benningtons is going to appeal to those who like to sit around in a lot of comfort between runs.
Well said... I wanted the most comfortable boat I could find and it was the Bennington hands down. You spend 95% of the time hanging out on it and the amenities were the priority.
As for polished pontoons, or the JC that is supposed to drive more like a regular boat because of the design I could care less. I was looking for a second boat that was the exact opposite of my Skater which is designed for one thing. :cool:

Havasu Cig
03-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Playcraft...
http://www.playcraftboats.com/image/PowerXtremOvrhead2018.jpg
Couple of videos on the Bennington, I have the wet bar in mine which the one in the video does not have. I think it shows the difference in just size alone between the two boats. I like the Playcraft but it feels a little stripped down compared to the Bennington IMO.
http://mfile.akamai.com/12689/wmv/boattest.download.akamai.com/12689/_dld/bennington/bennington_2875rlx_0300.asx
http://mfile.akamai.com/12689/wmv/boattest.download.akamai.com/12689/_dld/bennington/bennington_pontoontour_0900.asx

H20Advantage
03-05-2006, 02:16 PM
The Bennington looks like a nice pontoon. Whats the price and speed difference from the others?

Havasu Cig
03-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Price on my 28 was just a little more than the Playcraft. I payed about 60k and the Playcraft was about 58k with the same power. I have seen 45 on the speedo in mine, and I saw 46 when I test drove the playcraft. I have not bothered to break out the GPS :D
They had a 28 like mine at the L.A. show with a 496HO that is supposed to run 60+, but the price was around 70k and the room around the motor was really tight.
I would do what I did if you are looking to buy. Go out to Havasu and drive the Playcraft (the dealer is on London Bridge Road) and then go to the boat brokers and talk to Bill Gardner. The Boat Brokers sell both Bennington and JC. Drive them all and see which one you like. :cool:

Havasu Cig
03-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Found some interior picks with the bar...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p94e46c970c762adea1495eea0434d00b/f558f10f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p5ec0dba499be64efaa1612a2ecd5c985/f558f10d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p17257aec8adb151786a32db7182b5572/f558f10a.jpg
[img]