PDA

View Full Version : Warlock owners Do you have a 27 or 29 V-hull

RIVERDUDE
09-10-2002, 07:33 PM
I'm still seaching and doing research on my next boat.. Wen't to avalon this weekend in a 29 warlock... awesome.. did I say awesome.. Don't like the cuddy really small.. the 27 has a bigger cuddy.. can the 27 handle the big water as well as the 29

Flashwave
09-11-2002, 08:02 AM
Riverdude,
I've been in both. The 27 has more freeboard and cuts through the waves to Catalina with no problem. You can actually sit up in the cuddy of a 27. No way in the 29. For pleasure boating, the 27 is a good choice, if you want to use the cuddy. To cut across the waves at WOT, size does matter and the 29 is better.
Jim

Spirit of Discovery
09-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Nobody knows cutting across the waves at WOT better than Flashwave!! 2nd place worlds last year and going to be World Champion this year!!

hpron
09-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Check outwwwoffshoreonly.com under warlock in owners forum..27 in progress..almost finished..
Awesome boat for the rough..both 27/29..I have had both and am back to the 27..27ft.it was the one Lance and Arvis took the Hall of Fame trophy with..Spirit of Discovery is right on..Flashwave kicks too..cant go wrong with either...just my .02 worth
Carter is great to work with...

Havasu Cig
09-11-2002, 04:43 PM
My friend just sold his 27 and he loved it. He ran it up and down the coast and out to Catalina alot. The boat handled the rough water very well. He was not happy with the service from warlock though. I don't know if that has changed in the last year or so.

RIVERDUDE
09-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Thanks to all with there response. As you can see I'm going to have to change my handle from riverdude.. since the x is getting the river pad.. But after flying off some rollers, I don't think I'll miss it at all.. Sounds like the 27 will work fine, and that is a good thing, cuz it's narrowing down to the warlock, I've looked at alot in that price range, and keep coming back to the warlock, just glad to hear the 27 will work.. thanks

DEEZ NUTTS
09-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Warlock gurus, I am also interested in a 27' or 29'. I will be seriously looking next fall or winter. My question is will I get it to run triple didgits with 800hp or so?? If so will it handle it, or am I going to have to pull the seat out of my ass to get off the boat?

playdeep
09-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Deez,you should talk to Jim Nichols(AHBA vice-president)he has a blown (Teague) 27 Warlock.He took me out in it at the last AHBA poker run,just to show me what a Warlock would do in big water.After that ride I can see why Warlocks are world champion in F-1.Those things are amazing in rough water.Let me know if you would like to talk to him(great guy)

DEEZ NUTTS
09-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Thanks Playdeep, I dont want to get to serious till I get my $$$$ together next fall. I was set on a 29' after seeing F1 pictures in the mags, but now learning about the cabin space will look more towards the 27'. Still have thoughts of going cat though. I want to run low 90s on Powell and 100mph at Havasu just to get it out of my system.

hpron
09-13-2002, 12:32 PM
DEEZ NUTTS:
Warlock gurus, I am also interested in a 27' or 29'. I will be seriously looking next fall or winter. My question is will I get it to run triple didgits with 800hp or so?? If so will it handle it, or am I going to have to pull the seat out of my ass to get off the boat?I believe you will have to run big power..its set up more for rough water..{hull}..I would look at the cat for the speeds you want..dont get me wrong..enough power cam make anything go..hope ya got the deep pockets..