PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this 28' eliminator?

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I looked at a 2006 28 eagle. It's for sale at THe boat hunters in burbank. The boat is spotless and it is listed for 64,900. THe salesman said they would take in the high 50's for it. I saw others that are 100 to 130 used ???? What wrong with this deal. It's in the boat trader, don't know how to past the link here or I would. Is this that good of a deal or am I missing something?

phebus
11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
What power and drive?

Havasu1986
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I looked at a 2006 28 eagle. It's for sale at THe boat hunters in burbank. The boat is spotless and it is listed for 64,900. THe salesman said they would take in the high 50's for it. I saw others that are 100 to 130 used ???? What wrong with this deal. It's in the boat trader, don't know how to past the link here or I would. Is this that good of a deal or am I missing something?
What size motor. :confused: Dammit Phebus. I'm to slow.

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
What power and drive?
It has a 496 mag.

Brewzed
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Maybe a repo. The market is very soft. Boats are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, just like real estate.

Baja Big Dog
11-05-2007, 10:06 AM
How long have you been selling boats for the Boat Hunters???:confused:

HocusPocus
11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
wow.... that place has grown. a year ago I checked out their website and it only had 2 pages of boats list.

Mandelon
11-05-2007, 10:10 AM
What's wrong with it? It looks like a mobile Roberto's taco shop! :eek:
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/4144766/89730659_3.jpg

dirty old man
11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Blinding

riverracerx
11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Where is the hot dog?

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't sell boats for the Boat Hunter. Might have sounded that way, after I re-read my post it sounds like I'm trying to get you to the link, sorry.
Come on, it's just yellow.....There is a lot of it. lol

DeltaSigBoater
11-05-2007, 10:16 AM
LOL :D
I bet that would be a money maker in Havi, Roberto's Floating Taco Shop :idea:

Mandelon
11-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Description:
2006 ELIMINATOR BOATS 280 EAGLE, 496 Mag with Bravo outdrive. Walk under open bow, dual electric engine lifts, dual batteries with switch. Brand new bimini top, brand new sony cd MP3 player with six kicker speakers, GPS speedo, thru hull exhaust, stainless prop, flip down rear boarding ladder, Originally repossed without powertrain and rigging. I have just installed a used 2004 496 Mag with 130 hours and Bravo outdrive with stainless prop. The boat is now complete. The reinstall was done using brand new parts by a highly qualified mechanic following the original build sheet. Custom boat cover, bimini top, Eliminator ice chest and Extreme triple axle trailer included. This boat has been completely water tested for 2.5 hours. Financing available up to 180 months on approved credit. This boat costs over $100k new.
Heck with 375 HP this thing might hit 55 or 60 mph. :D

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
does color really affect the price of the boat by 50%. Now I am even more confused about what boat to buy.

Garrddogg
11-05-2007, 10:25 AM
does color really affect the price of the boat by 50%. Now I am even more confused about what boat to buy.
Not usually but when it looks like that YES!:eek:

RitcheyRch
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Ronald McDonald colors?

soupersonic
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Description:
2006 ELIMINATOR BOATS 280 EAGLE, 496 Mag with Bravo outdrive. Walk under open bow, dual electric engine lifts, dual batteries with switch. Brand new bimini top, brand new sony cd MP3 player with six kicker speakers, GPS speedo, thru hull exhaust, stainless prop, flip down rear boarding ladder, Originally repossed without powertrain and rigging. I have just installed a used 2004 496 Mag with 130 hours and Bravo outdrive with stainless prop. The boat is now complete. The reinstall was done using brand new parts by a highly qualified mechanic following the original build sheet. Custom boat cover, bimini top, Eliminator ice chest and Extreme triple axle trailer included. This boat has been completely water tested for 2.5 hours. Financing available up to 180 months on approved credit. This boat costs over $100k new.
Heck with 375 HP this thing might hit 55 or 60 mph. :D
There are to many other good deals out there to worry about who reinstalled a used motor. I wouldnt touch it .

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Not usually but when it looks like that YES!:eek:
Not any good feed back on this one. Think I'll pass

Mandelon
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
It doesn't affect the value, as long as you don't try to sell it. :D
If YOU Like it, then why not? And we know at least one other person likes yellow...then again they did let it get repo'd.........maybe Jerry Seinfeld might buy it? add some black stripes it could "bee" great! :rolleyes: :) :idea:
Aside from the yellow and red, it looks great. :D Sorry.

uLtRADeNniS
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Well..Its nice if you love yellow! The gel is nice..but the interior kills it for me.
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/4144766/89730659_1.jpg

AZJD
11-05-2007, 10:44 AM
WOW! There is your reason for the price.

Garrddogg
11-05-2007, 10:47 AM
The gel looks ok and the interior can be replaced or recovered but then you would still have the engine and drive questions...:(
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/4144766/89730659_1.jpg

No Name
11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
The gel looks ok and the interior can be replaced or recovered but then you would still have the engine and drive questions...:(
And don’t forget even if he changed all that it’s still a Vee bottom.:D :D

AZJD
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
And don’t forget even if he changed all that it’s still a Vee bottom.:D :D
Oh look who the newest cat owning, shit talker is!!!!!:D How's that insurance rate buddy?:eek:

No Name
11-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh look who the newest cat owning, shit talker is!!!!!:D How's that insurance rate buddy?:eek:
:D :D
See you Saturday brother.:)

2Driver
11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Cracks me up when the seller tells you what it would cost you new.
Well it's not new. Let's review.
Used, with unknown history
Repo'd
Original engine and drive removed (I am sure that was not done pretty)
Installed a used engine and drive with no certainty of it's history
From the inside it looks like a cut open grapefruit.
Of course you get to repeat all this when you go to sell it and I'm thinking that won’t be too fun.

willowrat
11-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Cracks me up when the seller tells you what it would cost you new.
Well it's not new. Let's review.
Used, with unknown history
Repo'd
Original engine and drive removed (I am sure that was not done pretty)
Installed a used engine and drive with no certainty of it's history
From the inside it looks like a cut open grapefruit.
Of course you get to repeat all this when you go to sell it and I'm thinking that won’t be too fun.
You could name it "Mustard and Ketchup" or "Cheeto"

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Now that you mention it. What is it with the cat insurance? That is what has made me look for a v-bottom. I have heard horror stories about rates going up as much as 10 times the original quote or people getting cancelled. How do you get insurance if you have been cancelled. I'm gonna take a 15 year loan on this boat. Hate to get quoted 500 then jacked up to 5,000 and have to pay it for 15 years. Put me under.

Havasu1986
11-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Now that you mention it. What is it with the cat insurance? That is what has made me look for a v-bottom. I have heard horror stories about rates going up as much as 10 times the original quote or people getting cancelled. How do you get insurance if you have been cancelled. I'm gonna take a 15 year loan on this boat. Hate to get quoted 500 then jacked up to 5,000 and have to pay it for 15 years. Put me under.
Theres a boat insurance forum down near the bottom. ;)

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Theres a boat insurance forum down near the bottom. ;)
I'll check it out , thanks.

AZJD
11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Alot of it depends on the HP. If your running a smaller merc motoer is shouldn't be astronomical, but it is definately higher than a V bottom.

HPBoats83
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Why not buy this boat cheap, have the upholstery re-done on everything ($2,000), pull the drive and have it re-built ($1,500), Raylar 496 kit ($10,000). Then you are still ahead of the game with a really nice boat with a re-built drive, new engine kit, new upholstery. That's what I would do!

HPBoats83
11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Why not buy this boat cheap, have the upholstery re-done on everything ($2,000), pull the drive and have it re-built ($1,500), Raylar 496 kit ($10,000). Then you are still ahead of the game with a really nice boat with a re-built drive, new engine kit, new upholstery. That's what I would do!

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Great idea, but I am at the top of my limit in the high 50's. I'd have to drive around in this big slow banana for years. You guys have all made fun of this boat to such an extent, I be embarresed to drive the "floating taco stand"
One of the reason for getting a boat like this is the attention and cool factor involved. Don't wanna get attention because I'm the big d--k that bought the big yellow banana taco bender boat:(

uLtRADeNniS
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Or with the boat market is weak as it is, and with all this inventory...he could just buy another turn key boat and not have to worry about anything.

Garrddogg
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Great idea, but I am at the top of my limit in the high 50's. I'd have to drive around in this big slow banana for years. You guys have all made fun of this boat to such an extent, I be embarresed to drive the "floating taco stand"
One of the reason for getting a boat like this is the attention and cool factor involved. Don't wanna get attention because I'm the big d--k that bought the big yellow banana taco bender boat:(
Theres a bunch of good used boats out there now.. just keep looking.:D

Nord
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Boat is underpowered, repo'd, used older power, and Hidious inside. I would keep looking:)

jbtrailerjim
11-05-2007, 01:49 PM
The gel is OK with me but that interior is hideous. A 496 Mag is way too small for that size boat. That thing would be a turd on the water. Maybe 55 MPH?
Just buy my Ultra. I'll sell it to you for way under 50K maybe under 40K. :idea:

Havasu Carrera
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
They paid me top dollar for a boat I was selling a while back. FYI:D

Mandelon
11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
You sold who, what boat?

redneckcharlie
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I looked at this boat about a month ago very hard! It was a repo, and the motor and drive were removed. The motor that was put back in it has 140hrs on it, and I think the dealer had a print out of the history. The drive was either a 04 or 05, don't remember. The boat is in very good condition. Its actually the cover boat on Eliminators website for the 28 Eagle. There is alot of nice touches on that boat. Regardless of what peoples personal opinion is on the colors(that is largely subjective, and some should take a look at their own choices before speaking), the gel and interior colors for me looked really good. That motor is not going to be a speed demon in that boat, but it makes a good start for putting a whipple on it. High 50's, plus another ten or so for a whipple and steering, and you have a very, very nice v-bottom. I have been looking for a long time and couldn't find anything that was even close to that quality for the price. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger was I decided to buy a new house on four acres. Boat money went to down payment. Responsibility and priorities are a xxtch! :D
Disclaimer: I am in no way, present or past, affiliated with the seller of this boat.

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Ah, the colors you were talking in the other thread.
Screw them, I dig the yellow.
The older motor scares me though, old enough to wonder about (especially where it came from...).
With the general service in Havasu you'd make a mint selling tacos on the water:D
Funny how when ya don't know what to do, just a few comments can sway the decision. The previous comment had me back thining about the boat. Then the beginning of this post got me going.......Then you had to call it a TACO BOAT, geezzz

HALLETT BOY
11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
actually the boat doesn't look that bad if you like the colors...if you bought it right , you could always sell the engine later and re power with something more.
I would low ball them and see what happens...

WaterJunky
11-05-2007, 04:36 PM
If you are that undecided on the boat, toss out a true lowball number. If the boat is being sold by professionals, they realize the problems we are discussing. They may be looking to move it. Additionally, the used boat market is very weak right now. How hungry is the salesman? If they turn it down, wait a few weeks and talk to them again.

thatguy
11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, there is an upside.
I seriously doubt anybody would try to steal it.
Tommy

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
I am gonna wait. I have been browsing for a boat the last year. Today is the first day of hard core hunting, Hot Boat, boat trader, dealers, e-bay, craigs list, the boats here is the spam section. Getting opinions from here, etc.
I can wait, just really go to stay up to date with the latest info on the industry and the new ads coming out. After a couple of weeks of this and I'll either have a great deal on a boat the is just what my family and I want. Or I'll be sick and tired of looking and grab the next boat I look at:rolleyes:

RiverOtter
11-05-2007, 04:47 PM
If it helps I was told by a dealer that yellow boats are very hard to sell.

catman-do
11-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Ive got a buddy that has a very nice Eliminator 23' v-hull for sale. I believe he is wanting somewhere in the 30's. He just bought an E-Ticket, so would like to move it fast and not have to pay double storage.

phebus
11-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I looked at this boat about a month ago very hard! It was a repo, and the motor and drive were removed. The motor that was put back in it has 140hrs on it, and I think the dealer had a print out of the history. The drive was either a 04 or 05, don't remember. The boat is in very good condition. Its actually the cover boat on Eliminators website for the 28 Eagle. There is alot of nice touches on that boat. Regardless of what peoples personal opinion is on the colors(that is largely subjective, and some should take a look at their own choices before speaking), the gel and interior colors for me looked really good. That motor is not going to be a speed demon in that boat, but it makes a good start for putting a whipple on it. High 50's, plus another ten or so for a whipple and steering, and you have a very, very nice v-bottom. I have been looking for a long time and couldn't find anything that was even close to that quality for the price. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger was I decided to buy a new house on four acres. Boat money went to down payment. Responsibility and priorities are a xxtch! :D
Disclaimer: I am in no way, present or past, affiliated with the seller of this boat.
Whipple on a 496 mag, and you have a very nice bomb. Whoever buys that boat should just accept the boat for what it is.

so cal D
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
My Cousin Looked At This Exact Boat A Few Weeks Ago, It Has A 496 Mag Because The Previous Owner Blew The Original Motor, I Believe He Also Said There Was A Couple Areas In The Gel Coat That Had A Scrach Or Two.

Nord
11-05-2007, 08:41 PM
My Cousin Looked At This Exact Boat A Few Weeks Ago, It Has A 496 Mag Because The Previous Owner Blew The Original Motor, I Believe He Also Said There Was A Couple Areas In The Gel Coat That Had A Scrach Or Two.
Plus the interior was stained with piss:notam:

boatsntoys
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Plus the interior was stained with piss:notam:
That's funny!

MBlaster
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Just buy my Ultra. I'll sell it to you for way under 50K maybe under 40K. :idea:
Buy the Ultra. Search the spam section for the ad. Its a bitchen boat.
:D

redneckcharlie
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Whipple on a 496 mag, and you have a very nice bomb. Whoever buys that boat should just accept the boat for what it is.
I'm sure that Dustin at Whipple would love to have your input! I think you should call him and inform him of all the design flaws in their system. :rolleyes:

boatsnblondes
11-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I'll admit it's a little hard on the eyes..but nothing compared to a Katchina....:devil:

socalmofo
11-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Don't be so swayed by others opinions. If you like the boat, buy it, unless your only goal is to make all the other lake goers happy with your boat purchase.

BajaMike
11-05-2007, 11:34 PM
I agree...the boat is seriously under-powered....put a Whipple in it you've got a 29 foot time bomb.:confused:
And aside from the fact that it's fugly....what happened to the original engine/drive??:confused: .....my guess is the thing has been wrecked.....like beached so hard it trashed the engine and the drive.:idea: It would be like buying a salvage title car......you have no idea what you are getting.
There are lots of good used boats out there.....IMHO...this is not one of them.
:jawdrop:

DeltaSigBoater
11-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I'll admit it's a little hard on the eyes..but nothing compared to a Katchina....:devil:
Funny you should mention that... I did notice the boat a lacked skulls, dragons, goblins, hobbits, aliens, trolls, star wars creatures, snakes, and the eternal tribal flames :D :devil: :idea:

Jbb
11-06-2007, 04:48 AM
I like it...I think I will buy it....Ole!

ChumpChange
11-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Or with the boat market is weak as it is, and with all this inventory...he could just buy another turn key boat and not have to worry about anything.
Agreed. With this market, you don't need to buy something that you'll need to put money into in order to make it what you want.
Chump "Ready to deal on mine" Change. :D

shueman
11-08-2007, 07:57 AM
We've got this nice 28' at Eliminator with very low hours In Stock...496ho, cuddy, upgraded stereo, Air-Boom, etc. Just posted on the website.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/602/e28_Web_01a.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/602/e28_Web_00.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/602/e28_Web_02b.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/602/e28_Web_03.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/602/e28_Web_07.jpg
Jake will make you a great deal on it...:) :D

HemiDude
11-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Si Senior!!!!:messedup: :220v: :eek: