PDA

View Full Version : qoute??

boater012
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
:confused: This is going to seem like a stupid question but, How do you use someones words as a qoute on your page???? I right clicked and saved but it didnt show up in the little quote box yall use! Ok I started this let the fur fly and the stupid comments commence!

BIGAMIST
03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
:confused: This is going to seem like a stupid question but, How do you use someones words as a qoute on your page???? I right clicked and saved but it didnt show up in the little quote box yall use! Ok I started this let the fur fly and the stupid comments commence!
Like that?

lucky
03-02-2006, 03:21 PM
hit quote bar ( for quotes in sig line )
highlight said messages -- control + c then open user cp and go to signatures and then control +v and walla
if you just want to quote some one in a response just hit quotes bar and then
add your comments ( you can also hack their quote - just dont mess with the [ ]"s :crossx:

BIGAMIST
03-02-2006, 03:22 PM
The lower right hand of someones post......it says quote...click on it.

lucky
03-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Like that?
or like that

BIGAMIST
03-02-2006, 03:29 PM
or like that
I think he's talkin about this.

xs ultra
03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
The lower right hand of someones post......it says quote...click on it.
testing my self !

xs ultra
03-02-2006, 03:43 PM
damm ,I learned new today!

BIGAMIST
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
damm ,I learned new today!
You what??

xs ultra
03-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Wanted to type - learned Somthing new!

AZKC
03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Hows that double quote deal work Lucky :idea:
Just to play it safe "Jet Boat" :boxed:

BIGAMIST
03-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Wanted to type - learned Somthing new!
Just F'n with ya :p

67weimann
03-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Hows that double quote deal work Lucky
Just F'n with ya :p
A little cut and paste is involved in the double, triple, etc.. qoute
all you really need to know is this...
text goes here
I used zeros instead of o's to show how it works
you can even make shiot up that isn't even a quote but who would do that?
:D :D :D

Squirtin Thunder
03-02-2006, 04:07 PM
answer your phone and I will tell you !!!

AZKC
03-02-2006, 06:10 PM
A little cut and paste is involved in the double, triple, etc.. qoute
all you really need to know is this...
text goes here
I used zeros instead of o's to show how it works
:D :D :D
Thats what I figured its a manual thing, no magic buttons :)

boater012
03-02-2006, 07:02 PM
answer your phone and I will tell you !!!
Youd think someone that had been a technician their whole life would be more attentive than that and actually look before he asked a stupid question! jim I think the radiation is melting my brain cells too! Well I guess since im 29 now I could blame old age but who the hell wants to admit they are getting old??? :cool:

boater012
03-02-2006, 07:20 PM
You have to use all capitol letters for the qoute part!

67weimann
03-02-2006, 08:30 PM
You have to use all capitol letters for the qoute part!
no, it isn't case sensitive. It doesn't matter if they are caps or not

boater012
03-03-2006, 07:24 AM
I had qoute in small letters and it wouldnt work! guess it was a glitch or I wasnt doing it right!

Devilman
03-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Maybe its just because your misspelling "quote"?

boater012
03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
well it worked when i used caps so maybe the ***boat guys are dislexic too!!!!! and yes im sure i mispelled dislexic as well lol

Devilman
03-03-2006, 08:52 AM
well it worked when i used caps so maybe the ***boat guys are dislexic too!!!!! and yes im sure i mispelled dislexic as well lol
I'll be damned. I never even knew it was case-sensitive. Just always used the button. Not sure about the rest though.:D

old rigger
03-03-2006, 08:55 AM
boater,
where's your shop. I know where you live cause I see your box van everyday in front of my daughters school, but I was just curious where the shop is. Never heard of Baker Marine until I say your truck. 'Bout time someone opened up a shop around here.

boater012
03-03-2006, 09:08 AM
My shop is located on cowles street in long beach over in THE HOOD right off santa fe and anaheim. Ive been around for 5 years now but ive been doing mostly in the water boats! if you need use of the shop let me know I have every tool known to man. and im always willing to help good people out. the house your reffering to is where my employee lives! I let him drive my mobile shop truck around as a bonus. hes a real good guy and a gearhead like me so we get along well. my house was on the other side of the neighborhood on ring street but I just lost it back to the bank due to illness (I was diagnosed with a brain stem tumor in october) And ive been going through radiation treatment ( makes me sick as a dog for 5-6 days every week.) Im just now getting to the point where im either getting used to being zapped for 40 minutes every week or im finally stir crazy enough to actually get up and move around! Kinda sucks to be having these problems at 29 but ill make it through it and rise above!

old rigger
03-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your health problems. I'll stop by your shop one day and we can compare notes with each other, my problems are not like yours but bad enough. lol
Thanks for the offer of the shop too. I needed a dolly about 2 years ago and the only guy that I know that's still around with them is Sal over at Orange County and his were all full of boats. They're one of those things that's a pain in the ass to hang onto but when you need one they're worth their weight in gold. I had one for years stashed along side the garage and finally gave it away, thinking I'd never, ever need it again. what a dumb ass.
I've spoken with your employee a few times. He's got an old flat that's cracked down the keel (I think, it's been a while) in his driveway and talked to him quite a few times at the Long Beach swap. Seems like a good kid. Everytiime we came close to having enough cash in our house and thought we could move into your old neighbor hood, we found we were just kidding ourselves. Always just out of reach. lol. Lucky to have what we do.

boater012
03-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Im rarely there right now but if you give me your number (you can p.m. me if youd like). when im in long beach ill swing by and we can chat. yeah anytime you need anything let me know too. I have so much stuff in my shop its not funny I had a complete stocking inventory for 3 years before I got sick so I have a ton of stuff on hand still!

67weimann
03-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I'll be damned. I never even knew it was case-sensitive. Just always used the button. Not sure about the rest though.:D
no really it isn't case sensitive. It has to be spelled right and have the correct order and symbols. Yes, when you click the "quote" button, it is in caps but the caps aren't necessary. I quoted this with lower case and it worked. Maybe I'm special and it worked for me. Try using the button and then just change the cap quote to lower case.
as long as it is text . it will work regardless. my example here uses zero instead of "o" so it appears as text :cool: :smile: :cool: :D :D
it's all just HTML code