PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo, my driveway is done.

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Should be a lot easier to put the boat away now that the apron has also been extended. I would have to back up the boat sideways at first because the trailer would hit the driveway since there is an incline and then I would have to straighten the trailer out going back and forth so my front left wheel on the tow vehicle would not hit the curb. When this happened the back wheels would then be spinning digging itself and throwing rocks all over the place trying to get the front wheel over the curb. Now I should be able to get the boat in with just one try. I would hate having to do all that cause I was always in a hurry because my street is kind of busy with traffic most of the time. Here is a before and after pic.
Thanks Zach at Samons for the great work and price.
Before,
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42466&stc=1&d=1194297515
After
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42467&stc=1&d=1194297515

Havasu1986
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Looks nice Juan. Do you have to get permits for the street work.

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Looks nice Juan. Do you have to get permits for the street work.
Yes, but Zach took care of that for me. The city would also not let him pour in that two foot section you see missing, don't know why, but I am going to get some cement pavers to put in there. He said that city would not have any problem with that since they are removable.

Havasu1986
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes, but Zach took care of that for me. The city would also not let him pour in that two foot section you see missing, don't know why, but I am going to get some cement pavers to put in there. He said that city would not have any problem with that since they are removable.
Is your water meter over there. We had to the same on my driveway.

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes, but Zach took care of that for me. The city would also not let him pour in that two foot section you see missing, don't know why, but I am going to get some cement pavers to put in there. He said that city would not have any problem with that since they are removable.Cool Juan.....
Wired how they wouldn't let you pour that one little section but there probably is some sort of utility underground there causing an easement on the plans...Chances are if you wait for a few months you can mix 5 bags of concrete and put it in there without ever needing to adjust anything in the future...

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Is your water meter over there. We had to the same on my driveway.
No, it is on the other side, that is why we thought that was wierd.
Cool Juan.....
Wired how they wouldn't let you pour that one little section but there probably is some sort of utility underground there causing an easement on the plans...Chances are if you wait for a few months you can mix 5 bags of concrete and put it in there without ever needing to adjust anything in the future...
Yeah, he said some people wait for a year and do that exact thing.

Not So Fast
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Good job Juan:D I had those horrible rolled curbs in front of the driveway and wanted them to be removed and blended in with the street level as it was cracking my trailer welds. The city wanted complete plot plans and all to issue a permit, somehow it got poured without a permit. The city is totally unreasonable when it comes to certain things:( NSF

djunkie
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I can't wait to do a huge burnout when you aren't there. Kinda like marking my spot. :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Looks good...

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I can't wait to do a huge burnout when you aren't there. Kinda like marking my spot. :D :D
Go for it, but watch out for my cross the street neighbors, they call me any time there is a vehicle parked on my driveway. They take plates down and call the cops if I tell them I don't recognize them.:D

Ziggy
11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Go for it, but watch out for my cross the street neighbors, they call me any time there is a vehicle parked on my driveway. They take plates down and call the cops if I tell them I don't recognize them.:D
My neighbors shoot first then ask me if I knew them.. :D:D
I swear we have the same house builder Juan, the garage roof to house roof is a carbon copy of mine....

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
My neighbors shoot first then ask me if I knew them.. :D:D
I swear we have the same house builder Juan, the garage roof to house roof is a carbon copy of mine....
I am going to have to ask them to do that, they all ready know both our vehicles, so no worries there.:D
Well, maybe one day we can have some beers and compare Mr. antisocial.:D

yopengo
11-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Should be a lot easier to put the boat away now that the apron has also been extended. I would have to back up the boat sideways at first because the trailer would hit the driveway since there is an incline and then I would have to straighten the trailer out going back and forth so my front left wheel on the tow vehicle would not hit the curb. When this happened the back wheels would then be spinning digging itself and throwing rocks all over the place trying to get the front wheel over the curb. Now I should be able to get the boat in with just one try. I would hate having to do all that cause I was always in a hurry because my street is kind of busy with traffic most of the time. Here is a before and after pic.
Thanks Zach at Samons for the great work and price.
Before,
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42466&stc=1&d=1194297515
After
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42467&stc=1&d=1194297515
I need Zachs number. I need to do the exact same thing.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42472&stc=1&d=1194303368
If you don't mind me asking....what did this cost? :D

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 03:05 PM
I need Zachs number. I need to do the exact same thing.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42472&stc=1&d=1194303368
If you don't mind me asking....what did this cost? :D
PM with the info sent.

OutCole'd
11-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Please, your going to be the first to leak oil on it.
Looks good Juan!

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, but Zach is the one who made it look good. I am just trying to fix up the house little by little with out getting into any loans. If this makes it easier to put the boat away, I think I will retile the house before extending the garage.

Mrs.Racer277
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Nice :)

SummitKarl
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
you can't pour in the 5' set back of the city portion, (area is used for plat mapping....radius pins and so on)...where it picks up again is your actual property line.... s/b 25' from your garage;)

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 04:05 PM
you can't pour in the 5' set back of the city portion, (area is used for plat mapping....radius pins and so on)...where it picks up again is your actual property line.... s/b 25' from your garage;)
Got it, and thanks for refering me to Zach, he took the pics and e-mailed them to me, very nice guy.

Biglue
11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Looks Good Juan.......Say man, I bet I could back my boat right into the back yard now. :idea: :D ;)

yopengo
11-05-2007, 05:33 PM
So Karl ...whats it going to cost me to draw up plans for a 50' RV garage.....here? :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42501&stc=1&d=1194312746

SummitKarl
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
So Karl ...whats it going to cost me to draw up plans for a 50' RV garage.....here? :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42501&stc=1&d=1194312746
pm sent

Kilrtoy
11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
pm sent
The rest of us wanna know

SummitKarl
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
The rest of us wanna know
are you requesting a "quote":D :D :)

Kilrtoy
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
are you requesting a "quote":D :D :)
Im sure they are alot cheaper than two years ago, thats for sure....
No I am not...

Jyruiz
11-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Looks Good Juan.......Say man, I bet I could back my boat right into the back yard now. :idea: :D ;)
You could have gotten your boat in the back yard before, that was easier then putting it in the garage. I some times put my boat back there when I am going to use it the next day. Plus, I have offered before and know you are always welcome to put it back there.

phebus
11-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Now that the permitted job is done, I would pour that 5' section quicker than shit. If the city ever needs to access that section, it could always be torn out. Just do it.

Throttle
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
looks nice, who is this guy? I would like to get some work done too!

Jyruiz
11-06-2007, 08:17 AM
looks nice, who is this guy? I would like to get some work done too!
His name is Zach and his number is 928 7270613.

Jyruiz
11-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Now that the permitted job is done, I would pour that 5' section quicker than shit. If the city ever needs to access that section, it could always be torn out. Just do it.
Yes, but you are a rebel Rick.:D

phebus
11-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Yes, but you are a rebel Rick.:D
Permits? We don't need no stinking permits. :D

yopengo
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
pm sent
I didn’t get it?:confused:

Not So Fast
11-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Permits? We don't need no stinking permits. :D