PDA

View Full Version : Jury selection under way for molestation trial

Her454
03-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Not excusing or trivializing this but WTF were an 11 and 13 year old doing out on a boat at 1:40 in the morning to begin with!
BY JAMES GILBERT, SUN STAFF WRITER
Mar 1, 2006, 8:39 pm
Jury selection has begun for a California firefighter who allegedly sexually molested two underage girls while swimming nude with them at a Yuma-area lake nearly two years ago.
The first of 82 possible jurors began reporting to the Yuma County Justice Center Wednesday morning to find out if they would be selected to serve in the trial of John Randall Hisaw, a captain with the Lakeside Fire Department in El Cajon, Calif.
In all, 125 potential jurors were summoned. Some of whom were no-shows while others were excused, according to a court official.
Hisaw, 40, is being tried before Superior Court Judge Andrew Gould on two counts of child molestation for a Sept. 11, 2004, incident, in which he allegedly swam nude at Martinez Lake early that morning with an 11-year-old and 13-year old girl.
Steve Kiholm of the Yuma County Attorney's Office is prosecuting the case, and attorney Dale Wren is representing Hisaw.
If convicted of both counts, Hisaw could be sentenced to two prison terms, each ranging from 10 to 24 years, with the presumptive sentence for each charge being 17 years.
By law, the sentences must be served consecutively since there are two victims in the case, and the alleged molestation occurred in two separate incidents. This means Hisaw could be sentenced to as many as 48 years in prison if found guilty of both charges.
Jury selection to chose the 12 people to serve as jurors, as well as the two alternates, was expected to last the entire day.
According to court records — the felony complaint filed against Hisaw — he had been swimming nude in the vicinity of the boat in which the two underage girls were sitting at 1:40 a.m.
The girls said they later thought Hisaw had left the area and decided to swim naked also. Both girls said that Hisaw swam back over to them while they were in the water and began making sexual remarks, according to court records.
Hisaw remains out of of custody on a $63,059 bond he posted following his arraignment in Justice Court back in 2004.

lucky
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
It amazes me when i read a post like this -- fire fighters , boy scout leaders , school teachers , ministers !! wtf-- is wrong with people ??????

boatsnblondes
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
In the dark, one in the morning, maybe a little drunk?? Who would have ever guessed that it would be a couple of kids?? Why aren't the parents up for charges??? It's unfortunate, but without hearing the whole story, how did he do anything wrong???

CA Stu
03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
In the dark, one in the morning, maybe a little drunk?? Who would have ever guessed that it would be a couple of kids?? Why aren't the parents up for charges??? It's unfortunate, but without hearing the whole story, how did he do anything wrong???
Are you from Kingman?

JB in so cal
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Hisaw, 40, is being tried before Superior Court Judge Andrew Gould on two counts of child molestation for a Sept. 11, 2004, incident, in which he allegedly swam nude at Martinez Lake early that morning with an 11-year-old and 13-year old girl.
He was obviously still grieving his fallen comrades from 3 years earlier :rolleyes:

buzzaro
03-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I think someone has stated that they dont mean to trivialize this issue and made a good point about wtf the girls were doing out in the boat at 2am. I wanted to take it a step further and ask: why the f*** would you jump in a lake nekkid at 2am after seeing a nekkid guy swimming around your boat and then claim that you yourself were molested? Sounds like a couple parents need someone to blame for their lack of supervision and installing of morals to me. Now dont get me wrong here, a 40 year old dude out trolling for underage girls while swimming nekkid at 2am?? This whole thing just sounds like gasoline and matches, and theres certainly more to it than we're being told. And oh yeah, did the guy touch the girls or just come swimming back over to see what to girls wanted after seeing him nekkid and then getting nekkid themselves. /rant off

Ziggy
03-02-2006, 04:15 PM
All it says is he said stuff to them.....I don't get it......got to be more to it.
I can see why the kids would be out at that time of night with the hot conditions that we have in Sept. but their actions after seeing the guy naked are bizzarre it themselves....
Somethings fishy.

Her454
03-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I think someone has stated that they dont mean to trivialize this issue and made a good point about wtf the girls were doing out in the boat at 2am. I wanted to take it a step further and ask: why the f*** would you jump in a lake nekkid at 2am after seeing a nekkid guy swimming around your boat and then claim that you yourself were molested? Sounds like a couple parents need someone to blame for their lack of supervision and installing of morals to me. Now dont get me wrong here, a 40 year old dude out trolling for underage girls while swimming nekkid at 2am?? This whole thing just sounds like gasoline and matches, and theres certainly more to it than we're being told. And oh yeah, did the guy touch the girls or just come swimming back over to see what to girls wanted after seeing him nekkid and then getting nekkid themselves. /rant off
Having a teenage girl I can relate to the angerbut I would also hate to see someone get sentenced to TWO consecutive prison terms for a drunk stupid mistake of swimming naked with two underage girls that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
There HAS to be more to the story and I hope it comes out.

Her454
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
All it says is he said stuff to them.....I don't get it......got to be more to it.
I can see why the kids would be out at that time of night with the hot conditions that we have in Sept. but their actions after seeing the guy naked are bizzarre it themselves....
Somethings fishy.
C'mon Zig, I know there is no way in hell you would let your 11 or 13 year old girls go out swimming alone at 1:40am...... BUT you are right, there has to be more to the story......
Maybe dad entrusted his friend to watch the girls....... who knows, but it does not sound like the whole truth here either way.

buzzaro
03-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Having a teenage girl I can relate to the angerbut I would also hate to see someone get sentenced to TWO consecutive prison terms for a drunk stupid mistake of swimming naked with two underage girls that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
There HAS to be more to the story and I hope it comes out.
I agree. My wife and i dont have any kids yet and of course i hope for a little boy, and this is not to say that i dont want a little girl, but i dont think i could handle one, much less a teenage girl.

topless
03-02-2006, 04:31 PM
There HAS to be more to the story and I hope it comes out.Ok, heres the story.
Once there was a family of partiers who went to the lake for the weekend. They took Uncle Chester along because the daughters were rather fond of their "new" uncle. After a hot day of being on the water and drinking, the parents passed out. The girls were being rather flirtatious (sp) with Uncle Chester because of the alcohol he had been slipping them all day. Chester decided that he need to cool the woodpecker down a bit so he jumped into the lake. Unfortunately, his shots fell off but he was too drunk to notice or care. The giggly girls saw his shorts and went to retrieve them for their favorite uncle. Their teeny tiny bikinis fell off as well and when Chester noticed the suits floating, he quickly came to the girls rescue. The parents woke up wondering where the girls were and found Uncle Chester holding the teeny tiny bikinis and the girls with Chesters shorts.
The story continues after the trial.

H20 Toie
03-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Ok my daughter is 10 yrs old and i can damm well tell you that she is not going to be out in a boat a 1am period .

OGShocker
03-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Ok my daughter is 10 yrs old and i can damm well tell you that she is not going to be out in a boat a 1am period .
http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar9454_1.gif :idea: Is this you then?..:D:D

MagicMtnDan
03-02-2006, 05:17 PM
10-year old is one thing but these girls were 11 and 13 :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
Did the guy know the girls were that young when he came to their boat? Did he do anything more than talk to them? Did he ever realize how old they were? WTF were they doing out there at that time? Who were they with (were they unsupervised)?
I think the guy was just doing a prop-check on their boat :crossx:

ahhell
03-02-2006, 05:22 PM
sounds like girls got busted sneaking out and nekked firefighter is taking the rap on a bad excuse by 2 little ones. nothing is said of touching, fondling or the like...where is the molestation????
but then again, i only have boys...........THANK GOD

H20 Toie
03-02-2006, 05:23 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar9454_1.gif :idea: Is this you then?..:D:D
that pic was takin before 1 am and she is a little older than 13