PDA

View Full Version : So I guess it's back to Cali.

909punk
11-05-2007, 09:58 PM
long story short.. She didn't want to do AZ anymore and moved back to Westlake and back at her old job.
She wants our life back to the way it was before we moved. So tired of sleeping alone for 3 months, i'm back to Cali during xmas break for the kids.
House on the market and going to rent one out there until it sells.
ooooowww fun.
anyone else do this?

mbrown2
11-05-2007, 10:40 PM
So you are still in AZ and she left? maybe a little more detail...
Wife and I moved out from Cali on Memorial Day and cannot be happier...not home sick at all....born and raised in Socal and was ready for a change...
Good luck either way...not a good time to have to sell...but it is what it is..

Outnumbered
11-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Wife and I moved out from Cali on Memorial Day and cannot be happier...not home sick at all....born and raised in Socal and was ready for a change...
Ditto that...no regrets moving out here. Could not see moving back to Cali. Good luck on moving back to LA.

909punk
11-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Not much back story.. either I follow or i'm on my own. She's got a great job 150k/yr. They called, begged her to come back, she hated AZ.. I only agreed to go back if I was by ocean.. I was ok with it. I rather be down in La Jolla or something.. but I'll look in Malibu when I get there..
I don't miss Westlake, Valley traffic, or the snobs. But Scottsdale has the fake ass bitches (guys and gals).. Why the **** did I move here again?

ratso
11-06-2007, 05:09 AM
Not much back story.. either I follow or i'm on my own. She's got a great job 150k/yr. They called, begged her to come back, she hated AZ.. I only agreed to go back if I was by ocean.. I was ok with it. I rather be down in La Jolla or something.. but I'll look in Malibu when I get there..
I don't miss Westlake, Valley traffic, or the snobs. But Scottsdale has the fake ass bitches (guys and gals).. Why the **** did I move here again?
What's wrong with fake ass bitches?:D

RitcheyRch
11-06-2007, 05:18 AM
I cant wait to get out of So Cal next year once my daughter turns 18.
Good luck on your move back.

BigDoug
11-06-2007, 05:27 AM
You went from uppity bitches in Cali to uppity bitches in Az. whats wrong with that ?.....atleast your consistent. :D

Faceaz
11-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Hope it doesn't end up this way for us. We've had our house on the market for a month, when it sells we're off to Scottsdale or Cavecreek. I have a job waiting but my wife is flying blind. I lived out there for a couple of years before & loved it, but my wife has never lived anywhere but SoCal. She's luke warm on the idea right now, I'm hoping once she makes some friends & gets a job she likes it will be all good from there.

AZJD
11-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Jason, you can't judge Az on Scottsdales alone. I live in scottsdale, (old town) and love it but the people are who they are! I am not making life long friends with the people I meet in the bars. It sure is nice to walk to and from the bars when I want to though.
I was born and raised in Anaheim, and I am a proud ex-resident of the OC, but with that being said. I hate So Cal, and wouldn't go back for all the $$$ in the world. Az has so much more to offer. I hope it works out for you, but I really think this will be a decision you regret somewhat in the future.

AZJD
11-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Hope it doesn't end up this way for us. We've had our house on the market for a month, when it sells we're off to Scottsdale or Cavecreek. I have a job waiting but my wife is flying blind. I lived out there for a couple of years before & loved it, but my wife has never lived anywhere but SoCal. She's luke warm on the idea right now, I'm hoping once she makes some friends & gets a job she likes it will be all good from there.
You will love it here. Everybody else that I know that has relocated here loves it.

v-drive
11-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Our son and daughter in law live in verrado just past buckeye. It's a young community and is very nice. They lived in queen creek the first 3years and have lived in verrado for 2 years now. I think anyone looking to move to az should give this place a once over. v-drive

AZJD
11-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Our son and daughter in law live in verrado just past buckeye. It's a young community and is very nice. They lived in queen creek the first 3years and have lived in verrado for 2 years now. I think anyone looking to move to az should give this place a once over. v-drive
Wow, Queen creek and Verrado! Are they planning on living in the city anytime?:D :D :D

Not So Fast
11-06-2007, 06:29 AM
After living in So Cal for oh, 60+ years and driving the freeways for work I could not hate that place more that I do. So Orange Co was fine about 25 yrs ago but it sucks with the rest of it now all the way to the border too. Been here for 5+ years and although Havasu has its probs it nothing compared to the hell hole called So Cal. I would be able to go back period! NSF

Daddy_G
11-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Gotta chime in here.
My wife and I were both born and raised in So Cal.
We finally got fed up with all the congestion and dirtiness (from the sky to the streets to the people!).
Can't stand the sticky air near the beach either.
So 2+ years ago we uprooted our family and moved to far north Scottsdale.
We are at about 3000 elevation (just east of Carefree).
It rarely gets over 105 in the summer and we actually get real snow in the winter!
The kids are in the Cave Creek district.
The streets, stores and restaurants are NEVER crowded.
And I ride my KX right out of my garage onto Federal open land.
And the run to Havi is a 3 hour traffic-less dream.
All our family is in So Cal and I own a business there so we go back frequently and when we do, we're like,
"How the heck did we ever live here!
We have died and gone to heaven!
Just MHO. :)

squirt'nmyload
11-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Jason, you can't judge Az on Scottsdales alone. I live in scottsdale, (old town) and love it but the people are who they are! I am not making life long friends with the people I meet in the bars. It sure is nice to walk to and from the bars when I want to though.
I was born and raised in Anaheim, and I am a proud ex-resident of the OC, but with that being said. I hate So Cal, and wouldn't go back for all the $$$ in the world. Az has so much more to offer. I hope it works out for you, but I really think this will be a decision you regret somewhat in the future.
very true.....if you are leaving az due to the people in scottsdale then that is pretty sad. you should've got out more. i moved here from Pittsburgh, Pa 7 years ago and have no plans of going anywhere else.

909punk
11-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Its not just because of the Scottsdale people.. hell. I knew what I was getting into moving here.
There is to much bullcrap involved in the whole thing and I'm just tired of living it in. Just don't feel like spilling my guts on a message board.
AZ was cool when I first got here, the winters rock, when I am able to hit the water in the summer its a great time.. If you live by the ocean in Cali and come here, it f***s with your head, at lease for me it did and my wife everyday would say she wants to go back.. Well she got what she wants and like I said.. I either follow or i'm on my own.

909punk
11-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Your me 3.5 years ago.

photo chick
11-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I was born and raised in So Cali. I left Thousand Oaks 4 years ago, not my decision. I do not like my neighborhood here in North Dallas. The women here make Cali women seem sweet. Being a woman without kids here is unexceptable!!! I made myself get out and start doing things 2 years ago or else I'd have gone crazy. Having done that, I love what I'm doing but I still don't like it here!! Winter is approaching and I can't stand it. I'm fortunate enough to get to go back to Cali a lot and to Phoenix often... I'd move back to Cali in a heartbeat.

caroftheweek
11-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Well, we moved to Prescott in July from Moreno Valley and I don't have
words to say how much better it is. I am originally from Mission Viejo in
south OC and AZ is still better than that.
We have been back many times since we moved and everytime as we are
leaving to come back to AZ my wife and I look at eachother and smile
knowing that there is no way we will come back.

cdog
11-06-2007, 09:06 AM
We just left anaheim hills and moved to scottsdale (greyhawk area), so far it's real nice. We've wanted to make the move for quite a while. No more 6+ hour drives to havasu and more day trips to pleasent. I just hope I can make some $$$ in this market. I understand why people have a hard time leaving socal. But you have to look at the full picture, where you want to go, how you want to live and what you want out of life. If socal is it for you, that's great! If not, try something else. You can always go back.
Good luck 909.

mrs.rvrluvr
11-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Whatever happens good luck & welcome back to Cali.

Baja Big Dog
11-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Welcome back!!! Hope everything works out for you guys.:D

dirty old man
11-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Whats the saying, "once you leave CA you can't come back"

mbrown2
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Wow, Queen creek and Verrado! Are they planning on living in the city anytime?:D :D :DLMAO...trade one BFE for another..:)

mbrown2
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I was born and raised in So Cali. I left Thousand Oaks 4 years ago, not my decision. I do not like my neighborhood here in North Dallas. The women here make Cali women seem sweet. Being a woman without kids here is unexceptable!!!
Frisco....the land of thousandaires...spend time there on a monthly basis and its about as fake as South OC without the money of South OC...mix fake people into a bible belt area and you have some real snooty folks...all in all not a bad area and I would live in Frisco or near there if I had to be in Dallas...

photo chick
11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
LMAO...trade one BFE for another..:)
you're not kidding, my mom and brother live in QQ...It takes forever to get anywhere when I go visit them, and the traffic back there is like LA:mad:

Instigators
11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Moved to Peroia Az in 1982 and Love it. Stockton Ca is nice though. The Caribbean maybe. I got it Sac Delta in the Summer, Florida Keys in the Winter with an occasional Ski trip to Tahoe that's livin large.:D
Good luck to you man.

v-drive
11-06-2007, 04:15 PM
you're not kidding, my mom and brother live in QQ...It takes forever to get anywhere when I go visit them, and the traffic back there is like LA:mad:
Yeah, that traffic is nuts. Good ol power road ofcourse it probably has improved by now...v-drive

Waist Deep
11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Screw Cali. I hate this flippin place. If I could move, I would. How about some peace and quiet!

MAINEVENT
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
long story short.. She didn't want to do AZ anymore and moved back to Westlake and back at her old job.
She wants our life back to the way it was before we moved. So tired of sleeping alone for 3 months, i'm back to Cali during xmas break for the kids.
House on the market and going to rent one out there until it sells.
ooooowww fun.
anyone else do this?
Back to the good ole 8-hoe-5... Im on the verge of biting the bullet and moving back aswell... currently looking into a few pipefitting outfits outhere... I HATE WESTLAKE VILLAGE and the snobby focks, but my ex is getting married and their is no chance she will be moving closer to LA (where i live now) So it looks like i too will be back there soon... I miss my kids :( and was hoping she would move out this way but no luck... :( Good luck on the move...

HMF'er
11-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Welcome back to Cali Jason. I can't wait to get the hell out Cali and join the rest of the happy folk that left. Just 18 more years to retirement and I'm outta here!

FryJet
11-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Thats funny, my parents just sold their house in San Diego and retired to Verrado. I was just out there last weeknd and its awesome. My Brother has lived in Buckeye for 3 years now and loves it.
F.J.

Parker Dreamin
11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Tequilla John hello......hello...hello....

drtywhat
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Jason,
what the heck dude?? shoot me an e-mail or call me
Bleecker

Faceaz
11-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Your me 3.5 years ago.
You can keep the bad Karma. Reading between the lines, I'm guessing there's more to it on your decision to move back to Cali. I know I'd be more happy in the Phoenix area, just hoping my wife will also. My wife & I love dirt bikes, cruises on the street bike & boating of course. I think Phoenix has more to offer in all these areas. I do also like to surf, but can't remember the last time my wife went to the beach.
Keeping my hopes up!!

Partycattin
11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
So how many of you are Countrywide folks?

Faceaz
11-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Our first & second in Huntington is Countrywide. Parker house is someone else. Why????

riverroyal
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Gotta chime in here.
My wife and I were both born and raised in So Cal.
We finally got fed up with all the congestion and dirtiness (from the sky to the streets to the people!).
Can't stand the sticky air near the beach either.
So 2+ years ago we uprooted our family and moved to far north Scottsdale.
We are at about 3000 elevation (just east of Carefree).
It rarely gets over 105 in the summer and we actually get real snow in the winter!
The kids are in the Cave Creek district.
The streets, stores and restaurants are NEVER crowded.
And I ride my KX right out of my garage onto Federal open land.
And the run to Havi is a 3 hour traffic-less dream.
All our family is in So Cal and I own a business there so we go back frequently and when we do, we're like,
"How the heck did we ever live here!
We have died and gone to heaven!
Just MHO. :)
in north scotsdale.Its killing me.I hate it here,but hate the thought of moving then wanting to move back:idea:

OutCole'd
11-07-2007, 08:09 PM
in north scotsdale.Its killing me.I hate it here,but hate the thought of moving then wanting to move back:idea:
Don't do it.......

riverroyal
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Don't do it.......
back dont you?See,thats what im talking about

Riverkid
11-07-2007, 08:11 PM
like the injured days... :D

RitcheyRch
11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
We are stuck on which city in AZ to move to. So far, we both like Avondale or Surprise. We should be ready for the move after my daughter turns 18 in April. Supposedly there is a job waiting for me in Tempe but havent done a good job of staying in touch with them. If dont hear anything on that job soon will have to start looking.
I cant wait to get out of here.

Partycattin
11-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Our first & second in Huntington is Countrywide. Parker house is someone else. Why????
I was wondering how many of the people on this thread work for Countrywide.
A lot of friends that worked for Countrywide in Simi and Westlake have transferred to Arizona and Texas. The way this thread started off, it seemed like it may be a lot of CW employees that transferred and may want to come back.

OutCole'd
11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm OK with Vegas, the wife doesn't like it much here. And when the wife's not happy, no one's happy.

beernut
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
my son lives in surprise,and loves it, (bought his first house at age 21 in north phoenix 2 years ago), just bought 2nd house in surprise,3000 s/f, 3car g,5 min to speed world -drags,circle track, and moto x, 15 min to the lake, wide open dezert from his house

gqchris
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Thats funny, my parents just sold their house in San Diego and retired to Verrado. I was just out there last weeknd and its awesome. My Brother has lived in Buckeye for 3 years now and loves it.
F.J.
I have a newer house in Buckeye that butts right up to the 10. Love it out there, but not sure how I would survive on the jobs in the area. What do you guys do for work? I know my mortgage is pennies cheap, but I cant see having the toys and payments also on arizona wages. It seems like everyone who moves to the desert or far away owns their own businesses?

909punk
11-08-2007, 08:36 PM
......the wife doesn't like it much here. And when the wife's not happy, no one's happy.
exactly. thank you.

909punk
11-08-2007, 08:43 PM
This is why I dig ***boat.. it's a HS reunion. hahahah
Welcome back to Cali Jason. I can't wait to get the hell out Cali and join the rest of the happy folk that left. Just 18 more years to retirement and I'm outta here!
You still in Corona? I sat in the crappiest traffic from Loma Linda to Mckinley 3 weeks ago.. The smog.. OMG.. I can't believe I have to go back to that death trap. (or at least through it). hahaha
Jason,
what the heck dude?? shoot me an e-mail or call me
Bleecker
BLEEKER!!
Yeah man, she bailed and went to Cali.. I don't know if I told you that or not at the DBack game. She's still in the business.. So you know the crap I am going through... I'll shoot you a email tonight with my numbers. I am off to Westlake tomorrow for a couple of meetings. Leaving early and not even packed yet.

Classic Daycruiser
11-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Paradise Valley is much better...were not fake:D :D :D Were the real thing:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

909punk
11-08-2007, 09:04 PM
:D :D :D
Paradise Valley is much better...were not fake:D :D :D Were the real thing:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Classic Daycruiser
11-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Its not just because of the Scottsdale people.. hell. I knew what I was getting into moving here.
There is to much bullcrap involved in the whole thing and I'm just tired of living it in. Just don't feel like spilling my guts on a message board.
AZ was cool when I first got here, the winters rock, when I am able to hit the water in the summer its a great time.. If you live by the ocean in Cali and come here, it f***s with your head, at lease for me it did and my wife everyday would say she wants to go back.. Well she got what she wants and like I said.. I either follow or i'm on my own.
:idea: Tough choice:idea: