PDA

View Full Version : Lurker posts, looking for a 25-28 boat!

Akamatsu
02-25-2003, 11:43 PM
I've been doing quite a bit of lurking here on the boards lately, been kinda gunshy about posting. After seeing the results that lotoparty got in looking for a boat, thought I would go ahead and post. Here is what I am looking for:
-25-28 foot boat (Top 5 on my list is Eliminator, Hallett, Nordic, Advantage, and Lavey Craft, though there are a few others I may consider)
-Mid-cabin with open bow is a MUST, though the right boat at the right price could have me open the bow after the purchase wink
-1995 or newer
-454 Mag or better
-Prefer 3 axle trailer
I am looking to spend low 30k's. I have a friend with a 1997 25' Eliminator EagleXP and I really like that boat. Looking for something similar. Don't want to be known as HappyBoater2!
Thanks,
Akamatsu

Rexone
02-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Akamatsu:
Don't want to be known as HappyBoater2!
Thanks,
Akamatsu LMAO.. not much danger of that with the brands you mentioned above. Welcome to the forum Akamatsu and good luck with your search. :)

superV
02-26-2003, 09:21 AM
Welcome! Good Luck im sure you will get lots of help... :D

Akamatsu
02-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks Rexone and SuperV.
Mike, do you still have storage room left at the shop? Something I may be interested in :D . Not yet, but in the future. Thanks.
Akamatsu

Rexone
02-26-2003, 05:15 PM
I have one and possibly 2 spots presently. Just give a call. Thanx

Reckless288
03-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Your price range and 1995 or better requirements makes it reall difficult to find a boat in great shape in the 25-28 range.

Akamatsu
03-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Reckless288:
Your price range and 1995 or better requirements makes it reall difficult to find a boat in great shape in the 25-28 range. I realize I am looking for a "deal", but I do also know that these deals exist, I always seem to hear about them after the fact :mad: .. :D :D . I have cash ready for the right boat. When I look up boat values at nada, I seem to be in the right price range, which is about all that I can afford without having to borrow(which is something I do not want to do.) Everyone is saying that it is a good time to be in the market, as boat sales are slow.
Anybody else out there scored a deal in the range that I am looking? Thanks.
Akamatsu.

XLGPP
04-09-2003, 06:44 PM
When I look up boat values at nada, I seem to be in the right price range NADA doesnt even come in the rhelm of what these boats are really worth.. they look at what the base boat was new (hull and most basic motor/drive etc..) and take no consideration if you upgraded 20k+ for a real powerboat motor, drive, hydralic steering, blowers, etc.. etc.. etc...
but you are right, great deals do come along.. good luck!