PDA

View Full Version : Toyota FJ Cruiser input...

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyone have one? Thinking about getting one as a daily driver and weekender for Aud and I. I believe it can flat-tow behind the motorhome as well.
Any input? Love it, hate it? How many windshields have you gone through? :D
The one I am interested in is a 2007 4wd, has a small lift with nice rims and tires, is black with a painted roof (no white roof) and all of the TRD bells and whistles. Already tinted, with a stereo and 7K miles for $28K...
Thanks,
Wes

rrrr
11-06-2007, 11:02 AM
My brother and I bought one new in 1970 for $2,300.00........:D :D
It was a helluva four wheeler.

uvindex
11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyone have one? Thinking about getting one as a daily driver and weekender for Aud and I. I believe it can flat-tow behind the motorhome as well.
Any input? Love it, hate it? How many windshields have you gone through? :D
The one I am interested in is a 2007 4wd, has a small lift with nice rims and tires, is black with a painted roof (no white roof) and all of the TRD bells and whistles. Already tinted, with a stereo and 7K miles for $28K...
Thanks,
WesDon't have one, but the looks have kind of grown on me. :)
You might want to check out the tow flat ability of the 4WD. A quick google got this: http://www.toyotafjcruiserforums.com/new-member-area/76-new-member-towing-fj-behind-motorhome.html
which seems to say no-can-do without mods (assuming these guys are correct).
Good luck! :)

Sleek-Jet
11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
My brother and I bought one new in 1970 for $2,300.00........:D :D
It was a helluva four wheeler.
You can still buy those in South America... birfield joints and all.. :D
Is the new FJ available w/V8, or just a V6??

Outnumbered
11-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm on my 5th Toyota since 1985 (cars and trucks) and I can tell you that the quality has gone down hill a bit. Don't expect the bullet-proof Toyota 4x4 of the mid-1980's. I have honestly been happier with my Dodge trucks and Jeeps.
Overall should be a good vehicle but not anything above and beyond like they used to be.

rivercrazy
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I've driven one and they are fun vehicle to drive. The 4.0 V6 is a great engine. Very reliable.
I'm on my 3rd Toyota Tundra built in the 2000's (2000, 2005, and 2007). They all have been bulletproof. Not one thing has ever gone wrong with any of them. The 07 is the best truck I've ever owned so far.

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys... any thoughts on the pricing?
Mods I can handle btw... :D

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Heard the windshields are rock magnets too... would love to hear that isn't as big a problem as it sounds like...

DUSTINU
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I was impressed to see a stock brand new FJ climb Olds in glamis... that is all the info I got.

squirt'nmyload
11-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Heard the windshields are rock magnets too... would love to hear that isn't as big a problem as it sounds like...
don't know how much truth to that there is. i can count on 2 hands the number of them that we have done in the past 6-8 months and we do 100-120 windshields a week in the winter and up to 300 a week in the summer months...if it is a big worry for you, just get glass coverage

sfury
11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
We have one and have not lost a windshield yet in 22K miles, but you can not tow it without a driveshaft disconnect (Remco 1-800-228-2481 the towing experts) or trailer it.

2Driver
11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
We have been shopping them a bit. I am thinking about getting rid of the 97 FJ80 (used for off roading only) and the Lexus in an attempt to get down to 2 vehicles. 3 of our friends have them and one went with us on the Rhino ride and did exceptional as well as way out standard wash toward wikieup.
There are lots of Mods out there and plenty of great reviews for 4 wheeling them. I am sure you know about the 3 packages.
What I liked:
Good off road
Decent power
Great traction system including the Rear locker
Nice ride
Pretty fun to ride in the front seat
Lots of decent off road accessories (ARB)
What may kill the deal:
Back seat SUCKS. no room and no view
Suicide rear door. They are just a pain even for 2 people.
Huge blind spot
Mileage is marginal.
Yep flat glass takes hit just like a jeep does
Right now I don’t see my wife commuting 60 miles r/t in a highly mod’d Cruiser. Good news is I keep the 97 FJ.

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
We have been shopping them a bit. I am thinking about getting rid of the 97 FJ80 (used for off roading only) and the Lexus in an attempt to get down to 2 vehicles. 3 of our friends have them and one went with us on the Rhino ride and did exceptional as well as way out standard wash toward wikieup.
There are lots of Mods out there and plenty of great reviews for 4 wheeling them. I am sure you know about the 3 packages.
What I liked:
Good off road
Decent power
Great traction system including the Rear locker
Nice ride
Pretty fun to ride in the front seat
Lots of decent off road accessories (ARB)
What may kill the deal:
Huge blind spot
Mileage is marginal.
Yep flat glass takes hit just like a jeep does
Right now I don’t see my wife commuting 60 miles r/t in a highly mod’d Cruiser. Good news is I keep the 97 FJ.
Good stuff... thanks.
The only thing in back is our dogs... I think they will be fine. Is the suicide door easy enough to get them in and out of?
What is "marginal" for the mileage? I commute almost four miles to work, four miles home. Average about 5K-9K a year on my vehicles not including river hauls, which this will not make. Tow vehicle gets a lot more mileage, but this won't.

sfury
11-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Took ours to Sema last week and got 16-17 mpg which was the best ever, it gets 14-15 normally. The worst thing besides the blind spots would be the rattle from the doors due to the lack of a B pillar and it happens on every bump you hit.:) Very fun car! and lots of aftermarket stuff to buy.

sfury
11-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Oh yea and no air for the dogs in back. Windows don't open.

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh yea and no air for the dogs in back. Windows don't open.
But there is AC vents there, right?

2Driver
11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Good stuff... thanks.
The only thing in back is our dogs... I think they will be fine. Is the suicide door easy enough to get them in and out of?
What is "marginal" for the mileage? I commute almost four miles to work, four miles home. Average about 5K-9K a year on my vehicles not including river hauls, which this will not make. Tow vehicle gets a lot more mileage, but this won't.
We are still kicking it around but as far as the back seat goes it is fairly deep for the dogs but no leg room so it should work for you. I remember the days of drool on the shoulder from the back seat. :idea:
The suicide doors just a pain. I had them on an extra cab Chevy which prompted me to get the crew cab soon after. With the FJ You have to reach inside to open the door. In a parking lot with someone next to you you cant really open both doors and walk around the truck i.e. putting in groceries, the dogs, what ever. I guess you can deal with it but it just annoyed the hell out of me. The rear side windows are the size of an airplane window so you are not seeing much and down in a hole. The way back is fairly small as well. For 2 I think it works. My buddy is getting about 14-15 MPG with 4x4 and Auto tranny. If it's just you and the wife I think it would be good or the 4-door rubicon

plaster dave
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
PM Fastlane. He is my cousin and has one with the lift & rims. He can answer any questions you have on it.

tiki god
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Have An '07, Lifted With 15k Miles On. Awesome Rig. So Far----
1 Windshield Down.

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 01:32 PM
We are still kicking it around but as far as the back seat goes it is fairly deep for the dogs but no leg room so it should work for you. I remember the days of drool on the shoulder from the back seat. :idea:
The suicide doors just a pain. I had them on an extra cab Chevy which prompted me to get the crew cab soon after. With the FJ You have to reach inside to open the door. In a parking lot with someone next to you you cant really open both doors and walk around the truck i.e. putting in groceries, the dogs, what ever. I guess you can deal with it but it just annoyed the hell out of me. The rear side windows are the size of an airplane window so you are not seeing much and down in a hole. The way back is fairly small as well. For 2 I think it works. My buddy is getting about 14-15 MPG with 4x4 and Auto tranny. If it's just you and the wife I think it would be good or the 4-door rubicon
Thought of the Rubi, but don't like the way it looks... Love Jeeps, but not like that one.
Bummer about the suicide doors... do they open up all the way at least?

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 01:32 PM
PM Fastlane. He is my cousin and has one with the lift & rims. He can answer any questions you have on it.
Will do right now... thanks!

2Driver
11-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Thought of the Rubi, but don't like the way it looks... Love Jeeps, but not like that one.
Yes, much better than the Chevy. They open almost to a 180 and tilt back a little.
I have to go wash the truck now to make it look like I did something today. :D

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes, much better than the Chevy. They open almost to a 180 and tilt back a little.
I have to go wash the truck now to make it look like I did something today. :D
You can come wash mine too if you want... big black is going on e-bay tomorrow... :D

Sleek-Jet
11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I wish Chevy would build a realy short wheel base Tahoe with 2 doors and the suicide doors off an extended cab for the rear seat... Say build it on a standard cab short box Silverado frame.
I don't need four doors, but better access to the rear seat than my current 93 Blazer has would be fantastic. That's one reason I've eye'd the FJ, but I need to pull the boat with it, and a V8 would make that much easier.

Tom Olson
11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
FYI Toyota/TRD just released their supercharger kit for the FJ last week and it needs it! $4500 list plus install =60hp :)

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
FYI Toyota/TRD just released their supercharger kit for the FJ last week and it needs it! $4500 list plus install =60hp :)
Seems like you should get better than 60 hp... Hmmmm....
What is stock on these things?

Outnumbered
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
What's not to like? Way more rig than the FJ IMHO.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/lifted-Jk.jpg

2Driver
11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
You can come wash mine too if you want... big black is going on e-bay tomorrow... :D
I could never meet your standards.
It would be like listening to an old Jewish woman at the car wash pointing out all the places I missed on her ES 460. :D :D :D

Froggystyle
11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
What's not to like? Way more rig than the FJ IMHO.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/lifted-Jk.jpg
Maybe so... but it looks horrible to me. I don't like scramblers either though.
I think the proportions of a Jeep are pretty much perfect. Add another set of doors and it isn't a jeep.
I don't really need the back seats... just for dogs. I don't need four doors either...
If I was to get a Jeep, I would get a regular Rubi... But a Jeep is a little rudimentary for what I want in a daily driver... looking more for an SUV with off-road capabilities. This seems to fit the bill.
MUCH nicer on the inside than a Jeep IMO. A lot quieter too...

Outnumbered
11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Maybe so... but it looks horrible to me. I don't like scramblers either though.
I think the proportions of a Jeep are pretty much perfect. Add another set of doors and it isn't a jeep.
I don't really need the back seats... just for dogs. I don't need four doors either...
If I was to get a Jeep, I would get a regular Rubi... But a Jeep is a little rudimentary for what I want in a daily driver... looking more for an SUV with off-road capabilities. This seems to fit the bill.
MUCH nicer on the inside than a Jeep IMO. A lot quieter too...
Have you had a chance to drive the 2007 yet? Quite a bit more refined than the 2006 TJ. If you don't need the 4 doors than the 2-door is a great rig--very capable.

MBlaster
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I hear Toyota recommends FJ's burn 91 premium. Any truth there? Cause that would suck.

uvindex
11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I hear Toyota recommends FJ's burn 91 premium. Any truth there?Edmunds.com says it's true. :)

uvindex
11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Seems like you should get better than 60 hp... Hmmmm....
What is stock on these things?
Edmunds.com has this for the 2007 models:
Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 239 @ 5,200
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 278 @ 3,700

franky
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
That 4 Door Rubi is very nice. Looks kinda H-1.
FJ, cheesy looking plastic Matel modernistic interior, much like the Mini. Hey what happened to the "I was thinking about a Mini for Audry....." ?

FryJet
11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey Wes, I just bought a 08 Tacoma which has the same drive train as the FJ. The little truck hauls ass and I got 21 mpg going to Phoenix last weekend with the cruise set on 82. My buddy has a FJ and its cool but has allot of blind spots to get used to. The interior is weird at best, kind of like a four seats set in a plastic bed liner. If you want to see how the 4.0 5 spd auto runs just let me know, I can swing by and you can take my jalopy for a spin.
F.J.

RitcheyRch
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Another good source of info is www.tundrasolutions.com/forums
There is a FJ section on there.

Lightning
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
I think you'll get bored with the FJ program pretty quickly...it's cool...almost. The interior is poop and cheap plastic. Why not get a used Rubicon Unlimited with the longer wheel base or a used Ramcharger :D . Which, if you do get the Ramcharger, why not get a car?

RiverOtter
11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
What may kill the deal:
Huge blind spot
These all killed the deal for my fam. They loved it till the kids got in the back seat and the wife (yes the same one that demands a windshield and potty) started busting me on the suicide doors being a pain in the drop off line at school...... sooooooo...... we got the 4Runner and everybody (except me) is happy :D

wildbillg
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Drove one for a few days...
not impressed.....
HUGE HUGE blind spot!
ok ride
IMO
Id rather have the 4 dr new wrangler..........

adjones419
11-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Besides being uglier than hell and Japanese, yeah I guess they're ok. :D

OCMerrill
11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
They are not very tough either Wess. Like to explode front diffs if you lift and go up in tire size. Huge blind spot as well.
Go drive one and let us know after that.
The new JK is a way better product if you do indeed plan on hitting the dirt.

adjones419
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
everybody (except me) is happy :D
Yeah, but isn't it easier that way?

RiverOtter
11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah, but isn't it easier that way?
You know it :D

hoolign
11-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Good stuff... thanks.
Is that USD km's ...LOL:D

H2O
11-07-2007, 07:32 AM
My brother-in-law has one and loves it. We have taken it to Pismo and it's suprisingly capable off-road, in stock configuration.
Aside from the quirks others have mentioned, it's basically a 4Runner driveline and it's a Toyota, so it's bullet proof. Which brings up an interesting question, if you can give up the "style":yuk: of an FJ why not just go for the 4Runner. Yes it has 4 doors (which you don't need), but it has 95% the capability of the FJ, MUCH more room and functionality, none of it's quirks, more room for the dogs in the back, and the rear window slides down. Plus you can get a V8. My dog loves it back there! As far as I know the 4Runner is the only SUV with a slide down rear window, which makes it a doggy paradise!
The 4Runner, like the FJ, is an aquired taste looks wise, but you can't believe where these things can go off road (many stares of amazement from the Jeep guys when my stock 4Runner rolls by.) I've have 4Runners for 10 years and they're the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.
IMHO - The 4Runner has the best blend of off-road capability on on road refinement of any SUV I've driven, and I've driven them all. (Two things that usually go together like Sunni's & Shiite's, so quite an accomplishment). There are more capable off-roader's and more refined on-roaders's, but none that combine the two so well.
OK, so there you have it - FLAME ON!!!

Froggystyle
11-07-2007, 08:53 AM
I think you'll get bored with the FJ program pretty quickly...it's cool...almost. The interior is poop and cheap plastic. Why not get a used Rubicon Unlimited with the longer wheel base or a used Ramcharger :D . Which, if you do get the Ramcharger, why not get a car?
Don't want a Jeep. Scared of Byran sinking it.
The interior is manageable IMO. I will be taking it apart and painting, covering, modding etc... to my hearts content, and there is a lot of good stuff to work with in there from a base perspective. The wipe out floor is awesome with the dogs and such...
It may not last for long, but I am in the thing right and can sell it.
I drove one yesterday and loved it. A lot more power than I figured it would have, nice freeway cruise, comfortable enough seats... lots of downsides, but most are attended to in mods...
I didn't like the gauge cluster on the dash... but that will be taken out and e-bayed. The silver color is greatly reduced with the TRD version, and my interior guy already busted me out a quote for re-upholstering the seats in leather and suede.
As far as the Mini... Aud's boss bought her a new Infinity this year instead of a raise. So, we are in the awesome position of no car payment for her and the BMW lease is up. No Mini now... Infinity G35S sedan instead.
We need a dog wagon, I need to get to work and off road, and don't like riding in or driving Jeeps. My partner just got a Jeep of his stolen and I got to drive it enough to know I dont want one. The stepover on the door sill alone is enough to warrant me not being able to get the dogs easily in and out.
As far as a 4-Runner... I just don't like the looks. Often, it comes down to a simple equation for me... I am the one driving the car, and I don't care what the back seat is like. 90% of the miles will have one person and two dogs in it, and the other 9.8% will have two and two dogs. The entire time Audrey has had the BMW wagon, we have used the back seat maybe three times for carrying people.
The blind spots suck I guess, you are all right about that... but the other things I think I can live with.
Plus, lifted with Road Armor bumpers it looks bad ass. Way tougher than a 4-Runner could.
Thanks for the input...

Jbb
11-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Don't want a Jeep. Scared of Byran sinking it.
Hey Wes.....knock knock.....:D
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42586&stc=1&d=1194455061

Froggystyle
11-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey Wes.....knock knock.....:D
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42586&stc=1&d=1194455061
You think Julian is sexy... don't you?

Jbb
11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
You think Julian is sexy... don't you?
....with blue eyes ...shining like the sky....:D

Froggystyle
11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
....with blue eyes ...shining like the sky....:D
You just like muscledummies all hopped up on potato vodka...

Froggystyle
11-07-2007, 10:47 AM
He's not happy here... he should be playing hockey.
If he was playing hockey and smoking dope Julian would be so much happier than lifting weights and drinking potato vodka...

Jbb
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
He's not happy here... he should be playing hockey.
If he was playing hockey and smoking dope Julian would be so much happier than lifting weights and drinking potato vodka...
He's contemplating......."The Big Dirty"....
Care Failure Rocks!!!!

Froggystyle
11-07-2007, 10:56 AM
He's contemplating......."The Big Dirty"....
Care Failure Rocks!!!!
You need "change" Byran...

Jbb
11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
You need "change" Byran...
Hey ....why do they call you cadillac anyways....:D

Froggystyle
11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
It always starts innocently enough...
But then it gets out of control...
Toyota is evidently hurting so badly right now at the local dealerships, I can seriously pick up a brand new 2007 with a bunch of mods (3" Donahoe Lift front and rear, painted roof, rack and full off road package) for the same price as literally every used one...
They must have really dropped their prices over the last year or something. I am looking at $26,300 brand new...
Going to get it tomorrow... buying a silver one instead of black now.
Thanks for all of the good advice peeps. I think it is going to meet my needs nicely. I paid close attention to the negatives posted and decided I could live with them, and strongly considered the positives as well.

OCMerrill
11-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Toyota is evidently hurting so badly right now at the local dealerships, I can seriously pick up a brand new 2007 with a bunch of mods (3" Donahoe Lift front and rear, painted roof, rack and full off road package) for the same price as literally every used one...
They must have really dropped their prices over the last year or something. I am looking at $26,300 brand new...
Going to get it tomorrow... buying a silver one instead of black now.
Thanks for all of the good advice peeps. I think it is going to meet my needs nicely. I paid close attention to the negatives posted and decided I could live with them, and strongly considered the positives as well.
I have to say I can't get any kind of deal on a Tacoma at all. Best I could muster is $1400 off sticker. He did say if I wanted Tundra I could save like $6-7k off sticker.
I was thinking of adding a small run a round truck to the Business fold. Never owned a Toyota or any Jap vehicle ever other than my three Isuzu NPR Box trucks and they roll every day with nary a complaint.

Froggystyle
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
I frickin love this thing. I smile every time I drive right into a parking spot without backing up three times to straighten it out.
Drive through's have never been more fun!
80 mph is absolutely quiet and pleasurable. It steers nicely, has plenty of power and will look fly when I am done. Great crawler too so far. I just played around next to my driveway and it is easily a better wheeler than my Range Rover was, nowhere near as good as the Scout, but probably about like a stock Wrangler 4 door Rubicon.
When I get done with the mods this week, I will post up some pics.
Wes

2Driver
11-12-2007, 02:30 PM
$26,300 with the lift and off road package etc?
Auto or Manual?
Silver is best for buffing out too.

LLGirl
11-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Trust me, Toyota's not hurting. The FJ's were never that expensive to begin with. Glad you like your new ride! Did you see the new beige color (kinda like one of the original FJ40 colors)? They discontinued the blackcherry and replaced it with that. (LLGirl = Toyota associate ;) )

Lightning
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Trust me, Toyota's not hurting. The FJ's were never that expensive to begin with. Glad you like your new ride! Did you see the new beige color (kinda like one of the original FJ40 colors)? They discontinued the blackcherry and replaced it with that. (LLGirl = Toyota associate ;) )
That's kinda what I was thinking about the price. Maybe because it's a 2007 and in 2 months it'll be a year old?
Congrats on the new ride Wes, post up some pics - let's check it out.

Froggystyle
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
2008's are already out I guess...
26,300 was with the top painted, roof rack and some other goodies they are putting on right now.
Will take pics once paint is done and the stuff is on.

mbrown2
11-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Have you had a chance to drive the 2007 yet? Quite a bit more refined than the 2006 TJ. If you don't need the 4 doors than the 2-door is a great rig--very capable.
Don't try to upsale him....he made his mind up already...he was just looking for FJ advice..
Trying to compare and FJ to Rubi is like to like trying to compare a Hummer to a Jeep...One likes to goes down on her knees to perform, and the other likes to perform offroad....:)

Froggystyle
11-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Don't try to upsale him....he made his mind up already...he was just looking for FJ advice..
Trying to compare and FJ to Rubi is like to like trying to compare a Hummer to a Jeep...One likes to goes down on her knees to perform, and the other likes to perform offroad....:)
That one was a stretch, don't you think? The DCB Racing/Skater thing was funny... but this one is a bit of a stretch.
I would have bought a Jeep, but they suck on the inside... where I spend all my time. Test driving the two solidified it 100% in my mind. The FJ had more power, better handling, WAY quieter and gets better mileage.
Other than that though, the Jeep was great. :D

mbrown2
11-12-2007, 08:40 PM
That one was a stretch, don't you think? The DCB Racing/Skater thing was funny... but this one is a bit of a stretch.
I would have bought a Jeep, but they suck on the inside... where I spend all my time. Test driving the two solidified it 100% in my mind. The FJ had more power, better handling, WAY quieter and gets better mileage.
Other than that though, the Jeep was great. :D
Froggy, FJ's are cool....:)...keep saying that...it makes you sleep better...:):):)

Froggystyle
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Froggy, FJ's are cool....:)...keep saying that...it makes you sleep better...:):):)
Right... ;)
Lift going in right now.

mbrown2
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Right... ;)
Lift going in right now.
Post some pics...they look cool lifted...:)

Froggystyle
11-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Post some pics...they look cool lifted...:)
I will post some mid-progress pics... but I need to head up to Hemet here soon to pick up the front and rear bumpers and the rock rails before it will be finished...
Wheels aren't done yet either...

Fastlane
11-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Right... ;)
Lift going in right now.
What lift are you putting on? I put sway-a-ways all the way around and total chaos upper control arm. Thing rides better than stock. The 33's don't help with the gas mileage though.

Froggystyle
11-15-2007, 10:16 PM
What lift are you putting on? I put sway-a-ways all the way around and total chaos upper control arm. Thing rides better than stock. The 33's don't help with the gas mileage though.
Donahoe Racing 3.5" coil over in front and 2" coils with DR shocks in rear.
Rides awesome. Way better than stock in fact. Haven't got the new tires and rims on yet though...

Fastlane
11-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Any Pics of your FJ, just took mine to Cal City and had a blast.

Decided Advantage
11-26-2007, 04:56 AM
They are literally the replacement for the old FJ40, so nothing to fancy but the price is right. Trying to cut into the market share Jeep has enjoyed for the past few years. I'm not sure whether if the Cruiser or Rubicon got the top marks in the comparos. The nice thing about both is they will retain great resale even above 100K miles, as they will still have a place on the trails.
I'm going to just stay the course and try to piece the rusted body of my 75 FJ40 back together for the trail and buy for an X3 for ski trips. I like handling and a great inerior for the road miles/

Froggystyle
11-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Any Pics of your FJ, just took mine to Cal City and had a blast.
I took a couple, but I am still not done yet. Working on audio, rims and tires this week...
Stock...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4045&g2_serialNumber=2
Lift and roof paint...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4040&g2_serialNumber=2

Jbb
11-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Hmmm...I remember you saying somewhere ....that you only drove ...black vehicles?.......This one appears ....silver...:jawdrop:

Froggystyle
11-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Hmmm...I remember you saying somewhere ....that you only drove ...black vehicles?.......This one appears ....silver...:jawdrop:
You noticed...
I figure for a trail vehicle black is asking a little much. Silver buffs out way nicer.
Went in looking for a black TRD though... :D

Jbb
11-26-2007, 09:18 AM
You noticed...
I figure for a trail vehicle black is asking a little much. Silver buffs out way nicer.
Went in looking for a black TRD though... :D
So....since you only drive black vehicles....you're gonna paint it black...?:D

Froggystyle
11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
So....since you only drive black vehicles....you're gonna paint it black...?:D
I see a red door...

Jbb
11-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I see a red door...
word..