PDA

View Full Version : Is the writers strike going to effect you?

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Just thought I would ask seeing how there are lots of people employed in the studios on here.

djunkie
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
F-Unions!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D :D

riverracerx
11-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I work for Disney Channel. YES, big time affects us.
All new series and movies for us are on hold.
Look for a lot of reruns next year on EVERY station.

YeLLowBoaT
11-06-2007, 01:00 PM
holly woods has writers? thats news to me...

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I work for Disney Channel. YES, big time affects us.
All new series and movies for us are on hold.
Look for a lot of reruns next year on EVERY station.
The wife and I have been at WB for the last couple of months working on a couple t.v shows and last night we got laid off:mad:
Looks like i'm going to find a feature to go work on.

Jbb
11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Not at all...
Will the shows get better if they're paid better?...no.
Will I miss anything important?...no.
Will Briyawn admit he sunk his jeek?...no
No Jeep....Or Jeek...

HalletDave
11-06-2007, 01:20 PM
The wife and I have been at WB for the last couple of months working on a couple t.v shows and last night we got laid off:mad:
Sorry to hear that Billy.
:idea:
I think the AVI is looking for a part time elevator (boy) operator.:D

Jbb
11-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Nice Betty Page!
Betty Rocked!....
https://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42546&stc=1&d=1194384225

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Aww its ok..We are getting ready to go to England anyways:D
Whats this place you call the Avi? and is there a dress code:eek:

HalletDave
11-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Aww its ok..We are getting ready to go to England anyways:D
Yes there is but often times not enforced.;) :D

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Yes there is but often times not enforced.;) :D
Its a good thing to:D

Nailhead
11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I've been working at the WB for the last couple of months. I will be done in a week or so if the strike thing doesnt get straightened out.

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I've been working at the WB for the last couple of months. I will be done in a week or so if the strike thing doesnt get straightened out.
What do you do?

RitcheyRch
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Will not affect me.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Im a captain on "shark". We have this episode to finish and one more, then we are out of scripts. Hopefully they start pilot season early and keep us working. If not its features and commercials! It will definatly effect alot of people if it goes on into the new year!

rsoscia
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=lebel409;2878685]Not at all...
Will the shows get better if they're paid better?...no.
Will I miss anything important?...no.
What he said... re runs of Cheers or Happy Days would be better then Caveman

SB
11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Will not affect me.
Good, you used affect correctly. It was "effect" in the title.
-wannabe writer, who will never get a chance now

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Im a captain on "shark". We have this episode to finish and one more, then we are out of scripts. Hopefully they start pilot season early and keep us working. If not its features and commercials! It will definatly effect alot of people if it goes on into the new year!
Hey what happend to Sparkey? Give me a pm on that deal.

RitcheyRch
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Proper spelling and grammer is very important.
Good, you used affect correctly. It was "effect" in the title.
-wannabe writer, who will never get a chance now

HalletDave
11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Proper spelling and grammer is very important.
How many times do you have to be told, it's GRAMMAR damn it. :D

HavaSkank
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
<-------- SCAB, and proud :D

Lana
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
OMG Dave that is funny!!! I was thinking the same thing.
On another note, sorry about the job!
Lana

spectras only
11-06-2007, 03:50 PM
We had some good writers in the past , let's start reading some books for a while :idea: :D . Won't miss some of the tv shows at all !

Lana
11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Whats this place you call the Avi? and is there a dress code:eek:[/QUOTE]
Not for people who go out the wrong door without their key and can't get back into their room. They make exceptions for that kind of stuff!!

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Not for people who go out the wrong door without their key and can't get back into their room. They make exceptions for that kind of stuff!![/QUOTE]
Key or no key, it did not matter seeing that I had no idea what room I was in anyways:D

Nailhead
11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
What do you do?
Rigging electric

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Rigging electric
I just spent the last couple days with Dave on Sara conner.Small world:D

Nailhead
11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I've been working on Yes man

you gots 2 chill
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Did you meet my buddy Richard T Jones? He's one of the cast members.

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Did you meet my buddy Richard T Jones? He's one of the cast members.
I did not meet him ,but the wife says she has drove him to the set a couple times.

RitcheyRch
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
FOCK
How many times do you have to be told, it's GRAMMAR damn it. :D

MONEYFURNOTHIN
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey what happend to Sparkey? Give me a pm on that deal.
Im not sure why sparkey didnt come back. I day played last year with him, he was a great guy.

scooooter7
11-06-2007, 06:27 PM
A friend of mine is a driver and has said they would not honor the picket lines. Because if they didn't work they would just be replaced by another Teamster driver, so it didn't make sense. He did say though he would just pull to the curb and make whoever he has to deliver walk across themselves.

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Im not sure why sparkey didnt come back. I day played last year with him, he was a great guy.
Yeah he is a good guy and the crew really liked him.You know how people are in this industry though.
A friend of mine is a driver and has said they would not honor the picket lines. Because if they didn't work they would just be replaced by another Teamster driver, so it didn't make sense. He did say though he would just pull to the curb and make whoever he has to deliver walk across themselves.
The whole deal with us honoring there lines is good and all but the whole fact that our union said to go around back was a little strange:confused:
WB had ten extra drivers just to cover the people that would not cross the lines.

Jyruiz
11-06-2007, 07:14 PM
No, I have Netflix.:)

Lana
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Key or no key, it did not matter seeing that I had no idea what room I was in anyways:D[/QUOTE]
What?:idea: You weren't drunk were you??:D

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Key or no key, it did not matter seeing that I had no idea what room I was in anyways:D
What?:idea: You weren't drunk were you??:D [/QUOTE]
I just had one:eek:
To many:D

Lana
11-06-2007, 08:00 PM
[/QUOTE]I just had one:eek:
To many:D[/QUOTE]
Yeah right, you and Tim both. :eek:
Anyways, I hope everything will work out for you two, tell Melissa I said hi, it's been such a long tim since we've seen you guys, hopefully we'll see you next summer!!

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 08:04 PM
[/QUOTE]
Yeah right, you and Tim both. :eek:
Anyways, I hope everything will work out for you two, tell Melissa I said hi, it's been such a long tim since we've seen you guys, hopefully we'll see you next summer!! [/QUOTE]
TY,we are hoping for the best.
That was one hell of a night for all of us:D
Missy is yelling Hi to you right now..Its been way to long girl:D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Just thought I would ask seeing how there are lots of people employed in the studios on here.
well more people may get locked up so business may pick up for me :D

27 Awesome cat
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
well more people may get locked up so business may pick up for me :D
I'll call you if I need help:D

Lana
11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
[/QUOTE]TY,we are hoping for the best.
That was one hell of a night for all of us:D
Missy is yelling Hi to you right now..Its been way to long girl:D[/QUOTE]
Tell her I am YELLING HI to her too. Take care!!!

AirtimeLavey
11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Doesn't affect me, other than it's unfortunate to see them lined up around the entrances to the CBS lot. Also, not so many people on the productions right now. Commissary was pretty empty today. A shame to see the other people that will get hurt from this. I hope they can work something out quick.
It's my fault. I get into Real Estate and the market turns to shiat. I get hired at CBS/KCAL and the writers strike. WTF.....:idea:
Maybe I should go work for Hillary's campaign. :devil:

SOCALDETAIL1
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Just did a customers 22' Davis today, he is a camera man on CSI he said they have scripts till Thanksgiving, then he said he's going fishing for 5 months :D

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
a camera man on CSI said they have scripts till Thanksgiving, then he said he's going fishing for 5 months :D
I would say that 90% of the T.V shows will be done by Thanksgiving.

SOCALDETAIL1
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
I would say that 90% of the T.V shows will be done by Thanksgiving.
Yup they told him to expect it to last 5 months:(

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Thats what I heard to.:confused:

Havasu1986
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Damm..Just when my wife started to get her foot in the door in the studios for machine work. She did some parts for G Force. :(

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Damm..Just when my wife started to get her foot in the door in the studios for machine work. She did some parts for G Force. :(
What door would that be?

Havasu1986
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
What door would that be?
She had the lady that she buys her material from take her to different studios and passed her card around and got some outside machine shop work. She also does work for Disneyland and Magic Mountain. ;)

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
She had the lady that she buys her material from take her to different studios and passed her card around and got some outside machine shop work. She also does work for Disneyland and Magic Mountain. ;)
Its not who you are, its who you know:D ..
Its ok she will have plenty of work once this deal is done.

Havasu1986
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Its not who you are, its who you know:D ..
Its ok she will have plenty of work once this deal is done.
Very true. She also noticed that nobody has business cards. Is that because they are never in the same spot very long. :confused:

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Very true. She also noticed that nobody has business cards. Is that because they are never in the same spot very long. :confused:
The wife and I have them but hardley ever hand them out.
As far as being in the same spot,just have her cards list what she does and her name and #'s
If your new in the industry its a good way to get your name out to others.

jackpunx
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Billy,
they were in group 3's yesterday:)
So far I have not been effected by the strike..
I do comercials.. I think it will trickle down in about a month.. anyone that is working on a lot will be effected.

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Billy,
they were in group 3's yesterday:)
So far I have not been effected by the strike..
I do comercials.. I think it will trickle down in about a month.. anyone that is working on a lot will be effected.
Hey wazzzzzzz up hooker???????:D
WB is lying off big time tonight as well as the rest of the major's.
Yeah they were in and out of three's for like ten minutes..I heard that some of the drivers are honoring the picket lines.
Looks like I have a commercial next week for a couple days.

jackpunx
11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey wazzzzzzz up hooker???????:D
WB is lying off big time tonight as well as the rest of the major's.
Yeah they were in and out of three's for like ten minutes..I heard that some of the drivers are honoring the picket lines.
Looks like I have a commercial next week for a couple days.
Well they said that it was supposed to be a personal (teamster) choice... but thats a bag of tricks right there..LOL
Im booked right now... today is my only day off... I got a 48hr job starting sunday a split tomorrow then a 4 day starting tues.. I'll have to take a freaking shower at McDonlaldslol

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Well they said that it was supposed to be a personal (teamster) choice... but thats a bag of tricks right there..LOL
Im booked right now... today is my only day off... I got a 48hr job starting sunday a split tomorrow then a 4 day starting tues.. I'll have to take a freaking shower at McDonlaldslol
Trying to find your # but Missy said its at the bottom of Havasu with my old phone:mad:

27 Awesome cat
11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Looks like I just picked up a commercial going to Aspen Co. for a week:D
TY jackpunx....................

Dan Lorenze
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
The stike hasn't effected me yet, but soon will (if the strike continues).. I work as a Camera Utility and I'm in the local 600 camera union. I basically go around town setting up cameras and shooting shows.. I've been on ABCs "According to Jim" for 4 seasons now. The producers of the show informed us that we have scripts to take us to the middle of December. We block and shoot the show on Thursdays and Fridays so the rest of the week I bounce around picking up days on other shows.. I will slow up for sure in a couple of weeks.. So many are effected by the writers striking, they have a lot of good points to their side and should be compensated for their writing on "New" media platforms such as the internet. But I have to say, if my union went on strike I couldn't see them supporting us... I have a tough time supporting the writers even though they're probably in the right only because there are so many families effected (financially) by them striking... So basically, it just sucks for everyone..

27 Awesome cat
11-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Looks like three more T.V shows went down today.
WB was looking like a ghost town this afternoon when I went in to pick up my check.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
The picketers were heavy at fox today. They were laying down on pico closing down the street for a while. My heart is with them. We will camera wrap the wed before thanksgiving. Ill have a week wrap and then its back to commericals for a while.

27 Awesome cat
11-09-2007, 05:12 PM
The picketers were heavy at fox today. They were laying down on pico closing down the street for a while. My heart is with them. We will camera wrap the wed before thanksgiving. Ill have a week wrap and then its back to commericals for a while.
Yeah I saw that today as we drove by,there had to be 3000+ strong..
I support then as well,just hope this does not drag out to long.
Its going to be funny to see what happens in june with S.A.G
The commercial world is still going strong right now.
The wife and I are headed to Aspen Co. in the morning for a 10 day shoot:D

Dan Lorenze
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I just picked up Mind of Mencia. (non-union show). That should get me to January. I could use a shoot in Aspen, sounds nice. Have a good time...

27 Awesome cat
11-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I just picked up Mind of Mencia. (non-union show). That should get me to January. I could use a shoot in Aspen, sounds nice. Have a good time...
Good for you bro..Anything is better then nothing right now..
TY .We were trying to be on the road by 12 and now I have to go to El Segundo to pick up more crap:mad: Going to make for a long ass day seeing how I have to be in Aspen by sunday morning.:eek:

Dan Lorenze
11-16-2007, 08:15 PM
just found out that talks will continue on the 26th. Hopefully something good will come of it..

H20 Toie
11-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Boy this sucks 24/NCIS/Bones all called this week and said that they were returning all the gear :(
This could make for a sucky xmas
At least i still have Wheel and Jeopardy

27 Awesome cat
11-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Boy this sucks 24/NCIS/Bones all called this week and said that they were returning all the gear :(
This could make for a sucky xmas
At least i still have Wheel and JeopardyThats a big hit right there:mad: And you are lucky you still have those two shows, but i'm sure they don't pay all your bills.
Its a good thing I took that commercial when I did.
I have talked to more people this week that have be laid off and have no work lined up:jawdrop:

mrs. centurion
11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
This is going to be a long one:mad:

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Fewer posts by Brown for sure.
Maybe the strike isn't effecting Canada.
With a clentched fist, Browns penning 'The Dotcommunists guide to the net".

MONEYFURNOTHIN
11-21-2007, 07:14 PM
I just got some info from a vey good source that the writers strike is over! It is under wraps but it will be make public next week! Enjoy your holidays and get ready to go back to work! You heard it here first!

27 Awesome cat
11-22-2007, 01:35 AM
I just got some info from a vey good source that the writers strike is over! It is under wraps but it will be make public next week! Enjoy your holidays and get ready to go back to work! You heard it here first!
Have not heard about this yet,it would be nice if its true though.

Nailhead
11-22-2007, 01:45 AM
That would be nice. I just left the WB only knowing I had work for Monday. I've been day to day for the last 2 weeks.

mrs. centurion
11-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Any news on the strike?

Spotondl
11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Definitely good news and quite the scoop if this is true... guess we'll see.
I'm good til xmas on Monday Night Football but after that who knows...

BIGAMIST
11-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Well they said that it was supposed to be a personal (teamster) choice...
Read your black book,....."no strike clause";)

27 Awesome cat
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
So any news?

mrs. centurion
12-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Its not looking good:mad:

ryantparks
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Im working for 1/2 of my rate now that my show went down,"Criminal Minds".
Im just happy to be working even though its low budget. Lots of crew members from my show are also HB board members and they are probably feeling the pain especially at x-mas.

27 Awesome cat
12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Im just happy to be working even though its low budget. Lots of crew members from my show are also HB board members and they are probably feeling the pain especially at x-mas.
You are one of the lucky one's. What do u do?
The wife and I just got back from Europe after three weeks and was hoping it woulld be done by now:mad: Looks like we will stick to doing commercials for a while.

ryantparks
12-13-2007, 12:58 AM
camera

~FM
12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Nooooooo! Criminal Minds is one of the ones I just started to get into watching. I hope the strike is resolved soonly for many reasons.