PDA

View Full Version : Corona (the cop) takin a little paid break!!

Baja Big Dog
11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Yep..he announced he is gonna be stepin down for a couple of months to take care of that pesky little federal thing hes got goin on....
OH yea...we are gonna pay him $33,333.00 for this little "Break"!!!:mad:
But the bright side, the "woman" in charge now looks like she could kick his ass if she wanted!!!!:D

thumbs
11-06-2007, 03:13 PM
I though I heard on the morning news that he said he was not going to step down and was looking forward to clearing his name.
I guess he changed his mind.

Baja Big Dog
11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I though I heard on the morning news that he said he was not going to step down and was looking forward to clearing his name.
I guess he changed his mind.
Ya..I think he did the math, stay home for 16.5 grand a month!!! Wouldnt have taken me that long!!:D

Throttle
11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
things that make you say, mmmmmmmmmm.:idea:

Ultracrazy
11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
He's not stepping down. He's delegating some of his responsibilities to his subordinates but as there are specific tasks that only the elected sheriff can do he'll still be around.
Before you find him guilty just remember that his accusers are Haidl (the lil rapists dad) and jaram-wharever, the deputy that he fired. So who the heck knows?
Rio
George was an Assistant Sheriff.......not a deputy

rodnjen
11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Wasn't he the golden boy of the republican party in the County? Not hearing much from that side these days. I wonder when they will weigh in.

CA Stu
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I read in the Press Enterprise that Carona is on tape trying to silence a witness?
From the OC Register: Carona, 52, is also charged with witness tampering for attempting to persuade Don Haidl, a former assistant sheriff, to withhold testimony from federal investigators during tape-recorded conversations on March 17, 2004, and Aug. 13, 2007, the indictment says. Haidl, 56, bankrolled Carona's first campaign.
The guy's fooling around on his wife, so you know he's not exactly a man of unimpeachable character....
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think he's guilty...:D
Thanks
CA Stu

RUCAV
11-07-2007, 05:35 AM
George was an Assistant Sheriff.......not a deputy
Remember, George was a Sgt with Garden Grove call who sued to make Lieutenant before ole Mikey picked him up.

photo chick
11-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Yep..he announced he is gonna be stepin down for a couple of months to take care of that pesky little federal thing hes got goin on....
OH yea...we are gonna pay him $33,333.00 for this little "Break"!!!:mad:
But the bright side, the "woman" in charge now looks like she could kick his ass if she wanted!!!!:D
Are you telling me the Sheriff of Corona makes 16.5 grand a month?????:jawdrop: Wait no his name is Corona, where is he sheriff?

RP2
11-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Are you telling me the Sheriff of Corona makes 16.5 grand a month?????:jawdrop: Wait no his name is Corona, where is he sheriff?
He is the Sheriff of Orange County and he makes more than 16.5 a month. That figure is base pay, there are other factors that contribute to his overall pay.

photo chick
11-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, I know you all will, but isn't that a bit much for a Sheriff?

Jbb
11-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, I know you all will, but isn't that a bit much for a Sheriff?
Dont be a hater...

OGShocker
11-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Pretty much standard pay for the upper management types.

photo chick
11-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Pretty much standard pay for the upper management types.
Yes I know, I'm married to an upper management type, but a sheriff? :jawdrop: No disrespect, my dad was LAPD, just seems high to me. Guess I've been out of Cali long enough to be surprised.....

Jetboatguru
11-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Yes I know, I'm married to an upper management type, but a sheriff? :jawdrop: No disrespect, my dad was LAPD, just seems high to me. Guess I've been out of Cali long enough to be surprised.....
Ive never seen two happier married people.

HavasuSelect
11-07-2007, 10:25 AM
He's in charge of the whole department, not just a Deputy Sheriff. I'd say his pay is right around where it should be.

YeLLowBoaT
11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
He's in charge of the whole department, not just a Deputy Sheriff. I'd say his pay is right around where it should be.
you don't think 200k is being over paid? well read this Link (http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=207914)
Why is he paid more then all, but ONE govenor? and that One is in CA...and arnold does not even take it. Why is he paid more then a memeber of congress?
Lets also not forget that up until a few years ago the president only made 200k a year...
so I have to ask, why do you think his pay scale is correct?

4day!!
11-07-2007, 10:48 AM
you don't think 200k is being over paid? well read this Link (http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=207914)
Why is he paid more then all, but ONE govenor? and that One is in CA...and arnold does not even take it. Why is he paid more then a memeber of congress?
Lets also not forget that up until a few years ago the president only made 200k a year...
He geys paid that much just to piss you off!

willowrat
11-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I read in the Press Enterprise that Carona is on tape trying to silence a witness?
From the OC Register: Carona, 52, is also charged with witness tampering for attempting to persuade Don Haidl, a former assistant sheriff, to withhold testimony from federal investigators during tape-recorded conversations on March 17, 2004, and Aug. 13, 2007, the indictment says. Haidl, 56, bankrolled Carona's first campaign.
The guy's fooling around on his wife, so you know he's not exactly a man of unimpeachable character....
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think he's guilty...:D
Thanks
CA Stu
If he fools around on his wife------I think it is safe to say he is a liar.

Havasu1986
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
If he fools around on his wife------I think it is safe to say he is a liar.
I think she knows about it since there was a picture of them together in the paper last week.

SOCALDETAIL1
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I think she knows about it since there was a picture of them together in the paper last week.
She will divorce him once this is all over. Then she will be making BANK

HavasuSelect
11-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Yellowboat, ***boat's foremost authority of Police Officers and Firefighters....
Hey YB I have a buddy who's just a regular old Deputy Sheriff,not even a Sergeant, that makes 170K a year.
How does that make you feel?

OKIE-JET
11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
The same reason some dumpy POS house out there is 500k!:D

SOCALDETAIL1
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Yellowboat, ***boat's foremost authority of Police Officers and Firefighters....
Hey YB I have a buddy who's just a regular old Deputy Sheriff,not even a Sergeant, that makes 170K a year.
How does that make you feel?
Thats alot of OT right there.

Ultracrazy
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Remember, George was a Sgt with Garden Grove call who sued to make Lieutenant before ole Mikey picked him up.
Correct

Ultracrazy
11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Thats alot of OT right there.
Yep........but it can be done. You pretty much have to work 365 to get that as a Deputy II, but it can, and has, been done.

HavasuSelect
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Yep........but it can be done. You pretty much have to work 365 to get that as a Deputy II, but it can, and has, been done.
Ya, this is the kinda guy that will work a double on his day off. He's also got a ton off longevity bonuses as well as a bonus Dep spot.