PDA

View Full Version : Mexico...

Cole
11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Can we walk or drive over without a passport for a few hours in TJ ?? :D

AZJD
11-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I belive you have to have passport now for walk, float and fly!

MAINEVENT
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
You can drive or walk either way i believe the passport deal will be in 2008... Last few times i went they didnt even ask me for my ID... and yes it was this year... i go about once a month... my kids are hooked hahaha

boat boy
11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
For starters if you go without a spouse and take the kids, you'll need a letter. Second off you'll need certified birth certificates for everyone, and picture ID for the adults. After the first of the year you will need a passport. Long walk into TJ. walk across and take a taxi.

ol guy
11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I have a Vacation home south of san felipe and as of the end of December 07 Non residents will need a passport to travel south. Now this what I have heard and read. Which means i't could change tomarrow. Family members will be heading down on friday and I will know more. As of today to drive or walk into any border town of mexico is not a problem. To fly in is not to take effect until years end. A side note, If you are going for the holiday shopping deal and make that known you will be welcome with open hands now and forever. The border towns will work magic to get the American dollar.

Cole
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
LOL....well thats all over the board!!!
I just want to take the GF to TJ for some donkey sex and Margaritas... hate to make the drive if I need a passort!!:D

boatsntoys
11-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Still a little confusing. Go get a passsport and be sure. I wouldn't take the little ones, they steal them and then sell em to rich Germans. I used to love Mexico 10-20 years ago. It does not seam that they like Americans anymore, just the money. They like us for the money, but the hate us because we're the ones that have it. Out of 5 times down there we got robbed twice. Everybody there is now a scam artist.
BEWARE with credit cards. I used my credit card in a store, when they gave me a card back, I did not check the name, the card looked like mine and just assumed it was. It was a card they stole from someone else, someone ran around with my card charging as fast as they could, when my card went bad they probably gave it to the next well fargo visa customer in return for his card. I did not know my card was stolen until I tried to check out of my hotel with a stolen credit card....Yes, of course the police were called.....by the hotel to arrest me!
The police are more corrupt than the thieves. Get caught with an open beer in the car BAM! $10,000 CASH to get out of jail. Better bring lots of bribe money.

boatsntoys
11-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Go to Olvera St. in LA. Same atmosphere, when you're sick of it in an hour, it's a much safer and shorter ride home:)

Moneypitt
11-06-2007, 07:47 PM
When you get arrested for nothing, just ask them about your rights, you know, like we give the illegals here............MP

boatsntoys
11-06-2007, 08:02 PM
When you get arrested for nothing, just ask them about your rights, you know, like we give the illegals here............MP
I'll ease up, I just had some problems last few times there.
As for your comment, I'm too new here and with no friends in the room, I won't get into this debate:eek: