PDA

View Full Version : *Frustrated* what would you do? Or can do?

ultra26shadow
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I had just recently purchased an 07 Chevy Duramax 4x4, and these past 2 months just nothing but problems. First a week or 2 after I had gotten the truck at the factory I guess they didn't torque the front drivers side fender enough and it was loose and it shifted a little back towards the door and was rubbing everytime I opened it causing some paint to chip. So they fixed the alignment on the fender and used TOUCH UP PAINT to fix the paint that had chipped off the door, I pick it up in the night and think everything is okay, take a look at the crappy job the did on the touch ups in the morning (drips of paint along the side of the door) take it back again and they said they can retouch it up or I would have to wait until they get a new spray booth well I just had them retouch it and will wait until they get a new spray booth. About a month later I notice that my truck is leaking some type of oil, dont know from where but just see it on the driveway, I immediateley run over to the dealer and have them look but they cant see where it's coming from so they told me to bring back tomorrow morning, as it was around 4:00 P.M. So I bring it in the morning and leave it there for inspection and they find out it is some oil sensor that is not sealing correctly, so they let me take the truck home still leaking oil not fixed and they say they will have the part in about 2 days and they will call me, 2 days pass and not a call, so 5 days pass still no call and I call them and ask whats going on with the part? They said let me look into it and I will give you a call back. Never got a call back So i call Monday morning and they said oh I have the part bring it in next monday because my mechanic is on vacation WTF?? Only one Mechanic at a dealer? So I take it back to finally to get fixed mind you these times I have dropped it off I have had to borrow a car to get to work, So I pick it up again in the night because I had just gotten out of work and take it home and I moved my truck to a different spot in the driveway and another oil spot on the driveway, I thought it may be some excess oil from the prior problem but looked in the morning after I had cleaned up under the engine with a rag and this morning it is dripping with oil AGAIN:mad: I call the owner of the dealer but no response from him just from the service rep telling me to bring it in AGAIN and for me to show him where its leaking from. WTF??. What options if any do I have with this truck?? I love the truck and all but if it is going to be giving me so many problems down the line why should I deal with it?? Not trying to knock down the dealer I bought it from because the sale side of it was so easy and a good experience with Jay Photoglou and this is my 3rd Chevy from Anaheim Chevy. I am just mad that I have to be taking time out of my schedule to keep doing these things and I have only had the truck for two months.

wedge44
11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I HEAR YA......It is fustrating.....last time I had this problem it took 4 years free usage and 62K miles before they had repay $42K on $46K truck...oh and 2 tranny rebuilds and 1 replacement tranny:D :D ...best of luck ...wedge

sigepmock
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
I'd say take it to another dealer to get worked on. I know that's a pain but I had to go to several dealers to find one that would work with me. It's not the closest to my house but they take care of me and get me a rental anytime I have to leave the truck overnight.
Sorry to hear you're having problems. I too get my vehicles from Jay and love that part of the deal but the service is something I take care of at another dealer. Talk with Jay and see if he can get you taken care of at his new digs.
Chris

riverroyal
11-09-2007, 07:52 PM
pictures,phone call dates and who you spoke with.Keep all receipts,warranty work orders etc.Then when you need a lemon law attorney Pm me:D

PHOTOGLOU
11-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I just read this... And I am sorry.... Please call me I will drop my D.max dually off for you to drive UNLESS you want a rental car (which you will need to come to Westminster or Monterey park) and have it fixed and put 1 night in my drive way to make sure it is fixed... Jay 714 552 0300

IMPATIENT 1
11-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd say take it to another dealer to get worked on. I know that's a pain but I had to go to several dealers to find one that would work with me. It's not the closest to my house but they take care of me and get me a rental anytime I have to leave the truck overnight.
Sorry to hear you're having problems. I too get my vehicles from Jay and love that part of the deal but the service is something I take care of at another dealer. Talk with Jay and see if he can get you taken care of at his new digs.
Chris
GOOD ADVISE! call around to your dealers and ask the service advisor if they have a certified deisel master tech on hand and when can you get in to see him;) i get dmax's from 200 miles away cause i can get em in and out, worst case is i have to overnite something and i'm in a verrry small town in okla.. good techs are hard to find, i'm the foreman and i do all the deisel work since i don't trust our fleet accounts to beginning techs.

ultra26shadow
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I just read this... And I am sorry.... Please call me I will drop my D.max dually off for you to drive UNLESS you want a rental car (which you will need to come to Westminster or Monterey park) and have it fixed and put 1 night in my drive way to make sure it is fixed... Jay 714 552 0300
Thanks Jay for the offer but I got it fixed it was just some excess oil that the mechanic didnt clean up after he fixed it but I will definiteley keep you in mind for next time, hopefully I wont need anymore service but just in case.

uLtRADeNniS
11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I had just recently purchased an 07 Chevy Duramax 4x4, and these past 2 months just nothing but problems. First a week or 2 after I had gotten the truck at the factory I guess they didn't torque the front drivers side fender enough and it was loose and it shifted a little back towards the door and was rubbing everytime I opened it causing some paint to chip. So they fixed the alignment on the fender and used TOUCH UP PAINT to fix the paint that had chipped off the door, I pick it up in the night and think everything is okay, take a look at the crappy job the did on the touch ups in the morning (drips of paint along the side of the door) take it back again and they said they can retouch it up or I would have to wait until they get a new spray booth well I just had them retouch it and will wait until they get a new spray booth. About a month later I notice that my truck is leaking some type of oil, dont know from where but just see it on the driveway, I immediateley run over to the dealer and have them look but they cant see where it's coming from so they told me to bring back tomorrow morning, as it was around 4:00 P.M. So I bring it in the morning and leave it there for inspection and they find out it is some oil sensor that is not sealing correctly, so they let me take the truck home still leaking oil not fixed and they say they will have the part in about 2 days and they will call me, 2 days pass and not a call, so 5 days pass still no call and I call them and ask whats going on with the part? They said let me look into it and I will give you a call back. Never got a call back So i call Monday morning and they said oh I have the part bring it in next monday because my mechanic is on vacation WTF?? Only one Mechanic at a dealer? So I take it back to finally to get fixed mind you these times I have dropped it off I have had to borrow a car to get to work, So I pick it up again in the night because I had just gotten out of work and take it home and I moved my truck to a different spot in the driveway and another oil spot on the driveway, I thought it may be some excess oil from the prior problem but looked in the morning after I had cleaned up under the engine with a rag and this morning it is dripping with oil AGAIN:mad: I call the owner of the dealer but no response from him just from the service rep telling me to bring it in AGAIN and for me to show him where its leaking from. WTF??. What options if any do I have with this truck?? I love the truck and all but if it is going to be giving me so many problems down the line why should I deal with it?? Not trying to knock down the dealer I bought it from because the sale side of it was so easy and a good experience with Jay Photoglou and this is my 3rd Chevy from Anaheim Chevy. I am just mad that I have to be taking time out of my schedule to keep doing these things and I have only had the truck for two months.
Yeah I'm not too impressed with my truck either. They had to repaint my black hood due to bird shiit that landed on the hood while it was on the lot. The same dealership did a horrible job painting it. There are dull spots all over the hood, they did a horrible job on the bondo work, It looks pitted to shit. They also left dried up white shit all over my engine and got grease all over the driver seat of my truck which was fun to get off. :mad:
I was stoked on the whole sale part of the deal. Dealing with Jay was an awesome experience. He even arranged for me to be picked up at home to grab my truck and even offered me a rental car. Im just really unhappy about the hood. I've left a few messages to Anaheim Chevrolet service dept to get this fixed again and have had NO response.

PHOTOGLOU
11-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Yeah I'm not too impressed with my truck either. They had to repaint my black hood due to bird shiit that landed on the hood while it was on the lot. The same dealership did a horrible job painting it. There are dull spots all over the hood, they did a horrible job on the bondo work, It looks pitted to shit. They also left dried up white shit all over my engine and got grease all over the driver seat of my truck which was fun to get off. :mad:
I was stoked on the whole sale part of the deal. Dealing with Jay was an awesome experience. He even arranged for me to be picked up at home to grab my truck and even offered me a rental car. Im just really unhappy about the hood. I've left a few messages to Anaheim Chevrolet service dept to get this fixed again and have had NO response.
Dennis I would be happy to fix this to your stidfaction. I am your salesman so if the selling dealer won't stand behind it I will... Jay 714 552 0300.
You bought a new truck you deserve one.

uLtRADeNniS
11-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Dennis I would be happy to fix this to your stidfaction. I am your salesman so if the selling dealer won't stand behind it I will... Jay 714 552 0300.
You bought a new truck you deserve one.
Thank you Jay! You are a great salesman. I'll give you a call when I can get the truck to you.
Customer for life,
Dennis

Not So Fast
11-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Exactly why I gave up on General Motors about 10-12 years ago. Having problems with a NEW car even if its fixed for free is not why you buy a new car. I have gone with Toyota and couldnt be happier. Not so much with the salesend of it but product and after sale service. I would only hope I could find a saleperson like Jay cause he sounds like a pleasure to work with, of course it would have to be Toyota:D NSF