PDA

View Full Version : Cat question.........

BadKachina
11-07-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm looking at one of these boats. They all have 525's, and I like things about each of them. They all have full hydraulic steering. How about some specifics from people who have ridden in or owned similar boats. They are all very close in price, the Elim and the Conquest are 05 the DCB is an 04. The DCB has a better stereo, a sea strainer, a trailer with a drive guard, and an Imco lower (could be a shorty?). The Eliminator has Dana hatch hinges and has the lowest hours. The Conquest has the ITS transom.
Lets just say the wife likes the DCB better than all of them.........:rolleyes:
Here's my only other issue, I've met Dan(Eliminator) and I've met Chad(Conquest), They both seem to have cared for their boats, I really don't know any of the owners of the DCB but I heard it's serviced by Savage.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42582&stc=1&d=1194446022
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42583&stc=1&d=1194446073
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42584&stc=1&d=1194446073

Jordy
11-07-2007, 06:48 AM
You're asking this question in the Kool Aid and Rhino forum??? :idea: :notam: :D

BadKachina
11-07-2007, 06:49 AM
You're asking this question in the Kool Aid and Rhino forum??? :idea: :notam: :D
No shit, what was I thinking.

Jordy
11-07-2007, 06:52 AM
No shit, what was I thinking.
I think if you get that DCLB we might just have to rethink letting you tie up with us next Summer in Humbug. Too balleriffic for our crew. :D :D :D

Dave C
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
In that year the 26 Daytona is the most modern designed hull of the single engine series for the Daytona line. Very good hull.
26 DCB used to have porpoise issues in that line. Its a good hull too. I'm not sure what year they fixed it.

squirt'nmyload
11-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I think if you get that DCLB we might just have to rethink letting you tie up with us next Summer in Humbug. Too balleriffic for our crew. :D :D :D
you can say that again :rolleyes: :D :D

tightithrash
11-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that's blowin doughs old DCB. He definintly polish and Babis his stuff. The baby blue and grey look bitchin. But...........

02HoWaRd26
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
I would say definately the BEST bang for your buck of that round up would have to be Dan's Eliminator.... Just my thought of it.

beaverretriever
11-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I would say definately the BEST bang for your buck of that round up would have to be Dan's Eliminator.... Just my thought of it.
I would have to agree. IMHO, Dan's is the best looking as well. I can't believe that thing has not sold.

shippingguy
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that's blowin doughs old DCB. He definintly polish and Babis his stuff. The baby blue and grey look bitchin. But...........
I do not think Blown Dough ever owned that boat. I may be wrong. I know it is THREADED's boat from here on the boards. At least that is who currently owns it.

andy01
11-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Well my thoughts would be DCB. I've owned two and enjoy the ride/drive of them.
But for fun........
The DCB is a current model.
The Conquest is not main stream enough. They only sell a few a year.
The Daytona is still current but has been replaced by a 27 that will hurt the resale and it looks dated to the current Daytonas at the shop.
Rigging from DCB is going to be the cleanest of the boats.
The DCB sits on a pimp trailer and the boat itself just had a expensive detail done.
The DCB is the oldest with the most hours.
The Daytona has less hours then the DCB, and is a year newer. Flames come and go all the time so the gel may come back in style next season.
The DCB has been sold, it was a great boat at a great value.
Good luck to the owners of the Conquest and Daytona, I have taken a few calls from lookers of the Daytona.
Andy

Cole Trickle
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Dans Daytona is my favorite in the looks,gel department. Boat runs solid has low hours and the stereo,battery and charger set-up is pretty dang good. It also has the scoop and gauges if you ever plan on adding a whipple.
I think the DCB's gel is ugly and wouldn't own a baby blue boat.
The Conquest is a much bigger boat and runs hard with the new bottom. I also like the size and style of the cuddy.
Tough decision between the Eliminator and Conquest. Depends what your goals are and what you like better.(Daytona is a hot rod and the conquest is a larger hotrod w/o canopies)

02HoWaRd26
11-07-2007, 03:08 PM
DCB is sold so that takes that out of the loop...

Goodtime$
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
They are all great buys, go with the best bang for your buck. You cant go wrong buying a new/used boat so the initial depreciation is taken out.
There are tons of great buys right now, definately the ultimate buyers market!!!

BadKachina
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Well with all the Eliminator owners I know, and all the good comments from everybody about the Eliminator, I really thought I would be purchasing Dan's boat or one similar. But, I just couldn't get over the rigging in the DCB, and the wife fell so hard for it when she saw it too. The trailer is so pimped out with the drive guard. I love the capped front and back with the clean little chrome rubrail and to tell you the truth the blue goes with the other colors better than I thought it would. Best part of all is that the wife absolutely loves the boat, I don't think she's been this excited about boating in years(remember we own a Kachina).;)
I just wanted to thank Dan for taking the time to show me his boat, it's everything he says it is and more. I'll get you a cold one next time I run into you.
Chad, you'll have no problems selling the Conquest, it shows as new.
Andy thanks for making the deal today, making my wife happy, and helping everything go so smooth.
Ron at Ron's detail is the ultimate host. Thanks for all you did too.
I own a (little) DCB!!!! :D

TOBTEK
11-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Well with all the Eliminator owners I know, and all the good comments from everybody about the Eliminator, I really thought I would be purchasing Dan's boat or one similar. But, I just couldn't get over the rigging in the DCB, and the wife fell so hard for it when she saw it too. The trailer is so pimped out with the drive guard. I love the capped front and back with the clean little chrome rubrail and to tell you the truth the blue goes with the other colors better than I thought it would. Best part of all is that the wife absolutely loves the boat, I don't think she's been this excited about boating in years(remember we own a Kachina).;)
I just wanted to thank Dan for taking the time to show me his boat, it's everything he says it is and more. I'll get you a cold one next time I run into you.
Chad, you'll have no problems selling the Conquest, it shows as new.
Andy thanks for making the deal today, making my wife happy, and helping everything go so smooth.
Ron at Ron's detail is the ultimate host. Thanks for all you did too.
I own a (little) DCB!!!! :D
CONGRAT's you will love that boat.

beaverretriever
11-07-2007, 07:27 PM
AWESOME man... congrats. I get butterflies everytime someone gets a new boat. I feel their excitement.
Congrats again and hope to see you out on the lake. :)

Sigus
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Excellent decision, congratulations. That boat is one of a kind.

squirt'nmyload
11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
congrats paul, can't wait to see it on the water :)

EAZYKILLER2006
11-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Well my thoughts would be DCB. I've owned two and enjoy the ride/drive of them.
But for fun........
The DCB is a current model.
The Conquest is not main stream enough. They only sell a few a year.
The Daytona is still current but has been replaced by a 27 that will hurt the resale and it looks dated to the current Daytonas at the shop.
Rigging from DCB is going to be the cleanest of the boats.
The DCB sits on a pimp trailer and the boat itself just had a expensive detail done.
The DCB is the oldest with the most hours.
The Daytona has less hours then the DCB, and is a year newer. Flames come and go all the time so the gel may come back in style next season.
The DCB has been sold, it was a great boat at a great value.
Good luck to the owners of the Conquest and Daytona, I have taken a few calls from lookers of the Daytona.
Andy
exactally!!!
hell, the bottem line:devil:
the wife likes the DCB the best...
so what was the question again?

No Name
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I would buy the Conquest…….But that’s just me….:D
Can’t wait to run along side you. You black sock wearing, Kool-Aid drinking mofo….:D
Congrats on the new ride Paul.:)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/000_7359.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/000_7355.JPG
The cabin's small but sure is nice to have....:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/000_7356.JPG

Singleton
11-08-2007, 04:43 PM
CONGRAT's, now go enjoy the boat

Havasu1986
11-08-2007, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=No Name;2884006]I would buy the Conquest…….But that’s just me….:D
Can’t wait to run along side you. You black sock wearing, Kool-Aid drinking mofo….:D
[http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/000_7355.JPG
DA doesn't look like she likes that hump in the engine cover. :D

BadKachina
11-08-2007, 05:00 PM
They may be black socks but the mofo's are embroided with the logo.......:D
We'll run along side, then you can pass me.........I think we've been playing that game with each other for years.
Can't wait to actually ride in it, or look at it for more than ten minutes. Tuesday is the day it looks like. Maybe I'll stay all week. Weather is absolutely perfect right now.
I've already got a list a shit I want to do to it. :rolleyes: Can't ever leave well enough alone.

BadKachina
11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=No Name;2884006]I would buy the Conquest…….But that’s just me….:D
[http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/000_7355.JPG
She was all smiles this weekend.

Kilrtoy
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
26 DCB used to have porpoise issues in that line. Its a good hull too. I'm not sure what year they fixed it.
UM ALL CATS PORPOISE, YOURS INCLUDED

convincor
11-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Congrads on the new boat Paul. ;)

Dave C
11-09-2007, 11:13 AM
it does? thats news to me... maybe you have to show me how to drive it so that it will ;) ;)
Don't be gettin all defensive n shiat LOL
UM ALL CATS PORPOISE, YOURS INCLUDED
in all seriousness. the old Daytona had a mean porpoise, they had a band-aid for them. The newer ones do not. I know the old DCB 26 had a porpoise but I heard they fixed it? I dunno, I haven't ridden in a newer one. Are you saying they didn't? Or do they handle different with blenders??....
If ur too scared to answer I will find out anyway ;) ;)

No Name
11-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Now you know I don't give a rat's ass what DA likes....:D :D

No Name
11-09-2007, 12:40 PM
UM ALL CATS PORPOISE
NOT MINE! But I only run in the very very low 80's. Maybe it happens at higher speeds....:D :D

Kilrtoy
11-09-2007, 01:00 PM
it does? thats news to me... maybe you have to show me how to drive it so that it will ;) ;)
Don't be gettin all defensive n shiat LOL
in all seriousness. the old Daytona had a mean porpoise, they had a band-aid for them. The newer ones do not. I know the old DCB 26 had a porpoise but I heard they fixed it? I dunno, I haven't ridden in a newer one. Are you saying they didn't? Or do they handle different with blenders??....
If ur too scared to answer I will find out anyway ;) ;)
Not defensive, just stating facts,
yes there is a new bottom on the 26 dcbs and yes they have a slight hop

Dave C
11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
way to paint with nice broad paint strokes.... sorry I forgot you know everything about everything.. my bad ;) ;)
U must be clairvoyant.... being able to tell how my boat rides 650 miles away...... ur good!!! My car makes a bit of a noise when I shift. (but you already knew that being all clairvoyant n shiat) Any ideas? ;)
Not defensive, just stating facts,
yes there is a new bottom on the 26 dcbs and yes they have a slight hop

Kilrtoy
11-09-2007, 02:54 PM
way to paint with nice broad paint strokes.... sorry I forgot you know everything about everything.. my bad ;) ;)
U must be clairvoyant.... being able to tell how my boat rides 650 miles away...... ur good!!! My car makes a bit of a noise when I shift. (but you already knew that being all clairvoyant n shiat) Any ideas? ;)
The only way to rid the vehicle of that noise is to sell it or your boat, the vehicle is screaming for help as in wanting a new owner.
As for no hop in your boat, put a bigger engine in it get past 63MPH and you will find it...:eek:
But then again with the distortion of those canopies you will stillnot notice it...

No Name
11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
The only way to rid the vehicle of that noise is to sell it or your boat, the vehicle is screaming for help as in wanting a new owner.
As for no hop in your boat, put a bigger engine in it get past 63MPH and you will find it...:eek:
But then again with the distortion of those canopies you will stillnot notice it...
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Dave C
11-09-2007, 04:50 PM
LOL
actually you are correct the vehicle does want a new owner... the current one is too hard on the equipment. LOL
We got the faster boat covered... No hopping there either.... but thanks

Boat Dork
11-10-2007, 10:20 PM
fits ya perrrrfect:)

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 07:56 AM
fits ya perrrrfect:)
Thanks boat dick, click here for some good times.........
Mazdapower.com (http://tinyurl.com/3cuaj8)

Jordy
11-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Nice avatar you black sock wearing homo. :notam:
Figure by next year we won't have to worry about you wanting to tie up with us as you'll be fully indoctrinated into the ways of the kool-aid. :idea:

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Figure by next year we won't have to worry about you wanting to tie up with us as you'll be fully indoctrinated into the ways of the kool-aid. :idea:
No shit, I feel like I've crossed over to the dark side..............:lightsabe

ClownRoyal
11-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Ya...no shit. Least you could of done something original.

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Ya...no shit. Least you could of done something original.
That's funny because I stold it from your gallery photos.:D

Patyacht
11-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Looks like BadKachine "SPLASHED" an avatar,... or is it avatar robbery???? Time for the HB Jury to punish the thief!!!!!!! Where's the originality????:D :D ;)

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Looks like BadKachine "SPLASHED" an avatar,... or is it avatar robbery???? Time for the HB Jury to punish the thief!!!!!!! Where's the originality????:D :D ;)
I'm working on a black sock picture as we speak, the wifes hand embroidering the logo. Slow but tedious work.:D

Patyacht
11-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Don't forget the kool-aid dispenser... :)

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Don't forget the kool-aid dispenser... :)
There's the first one hot off the sewing machine.............:D

Patyacht
11-11-2007, 12:07 PM
The aroma hasn't arrived here in WA yet....:) :)

ClownRoyal
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
That's funny because I stold it from your gallery photos.:D
I say string him up by the b&lls and ask questions later. :D :D Cardinal Sin - never steal an Avatar from one of the 'family'. :D :D
So ... are we welcoming you to the Dark Side?

Jordy
11-12-2007, 07:09 AM
No two avatars alike??? :idea:
Wait, wrong company. :notam:

Patyacht
11-12-2007, 08:44 AM
BadKachina "Splashed" ClowRoyal's avatar until he threw in the dirty socks...:) :) :D Jordy, you were a day late and dollar short..

BadKachina
11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
BadKachina "Splashed" ClowRoyal's avatar until he threw in the dirty socks...:) :) :D Jordy, you were a day late and dollar short..
It's not like him to be late either.:D
Jordy must be slippin'.:)

Steamin' Rice
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Congrats - That's blingtastic!! :D :D

Keith E. Sayre
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
at risk of hijacking this thread, did anyone notice "DA" in person on "NO NAMEs" conquest Boss Cat a week ago at the charity poker run?.
Now I've never been one to publicly comment on someone's lady but that
little lady is stunning.
Contrary to what others have said in this thread, the 28' Conquest Boss Cat with the 2 stepped
bottom that came out about 4 years ago does NOT porpoise and it will outrun both of those
other boats with equal power. Reference Powerboat magazine test about 2 years by Bob Teague,
the DCB 26 came in second and the elim 27 came in 4th I think. All very nice boats.

BadKachina
11-15-2007, 06:19 AM
at risk of hijacking this thread, did anyone notice "DA" in person on "NO NAMEs" conquest Boss Cat a week ago at the charity poker run?.
little lady is stunning.
Contrary to what others have said in this thread, the 28' Conquest Boss Cat with the 2 stepped
bottom that came out about 4 years ago does NOT porpoise and it will outrun both of those
other boats with equal power. Reference Powerboat magazine test about 2 years by Bob Teague,
the DCB 26 came in second and the elim 27 came in 4th I think. All very nice boats.
Sept. '05. I've got that issue, it just so happened that the exact DCB I bought and the exact Conquest were tested in that issue. The Conquest ran 85.9 mph and the DCB ran 84.6. They tested a 27 Elim that ran 81.8. Now with that said, I'm sure on any given day they are all pretty close to each other. The Conquest does get ton of praise for the being the fastest and best handling cat in that issue. I did notice that they list the Conquest at 4500lbs, the Eliminator at 3500lbs and the DCB at 5750lbs. Is it possible that the Eliminator is 2250lbs lighter??? Or do they have the weight wrong on the DCB?
I guess all that billet is heavy.:idea:

Jordy
11-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Or perhaps it's the extra reinforcing that is done so that the DCLB owner and his ego can both be in the boat at the same time. :D :D :D

Dave C
11-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I guarantee you that Eliminator is not 3500 lbs.... Trust me. The truck scale does not lie ;) ;) Its probably closer to the DCB.
Funny story. They listed the 25' as 4000 lbs. So I though cool my 1/2 truck will pull it. :rolleyes: cuz my last boat was about this weight. When I hooked it up during delivery the tongue weight slammed the rear end of the truck. :mad: So I figure maybe they embellished on the weight a little.
when I got home I took it to the truck scale, 6500 lbs dry with trailer :eek: :devil: I estimate the trailer at 1500 lbs +/- so that leaves the boat at 5000 lbs +/-
On the bright side, the next week I bought a new diesel.:D
sometimes I hate this sport :mad:
I did notice that they list the Conquest at 4500lbs, the Eliminator at 3500lbs and the DCB at 5750lbs. Is it possible that the Eliminator is 2250lbs lighter??? Or do they have the weight wrong on the DCB?

No Name
11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
little lady is stunning.
Thanks Keith…:)
I hope she doesn’t read this.
She was already having trouble getting her big head thru the door...:D :D
I think that says it all...:)
Thank you for attending ladies and gentleman.
Please exit to the right and have a safe trip home...:D :D

Cole Trickle
11-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks Keith…:)
I hope she doesn’t read this.
She was already having trouble getting her big head thru the door...:D :D
I think that says it all...:)
Thank you for attending ladies and gentleman.
Please exit to the right and have a safe trip home...:D :D
You ended up with the boat I would have bought;):D

BadKachina
11-15-2007, 04:46 PM
You ended up with the boat I would have bought;):D
His boat is sweet, but we would never hear the end of it from our circle of friends if we bought the same boat. It was bad enough we both had 30 Kachina's.

Jordy
11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
His boat is sweet, but we would never hear the end of it from our circle of friends if we bought the same boat. It was bad enough we both had 30 Kachina's.
It's even worse now that you drank the Kool-aid. At least Mark is still allowed to tie up with us, baller. :notam: :D
I take that back, you can still tie up with us, but I'll just make sure the deck of the Guppy has a few extra coats of wax so it sends your black sock wearing ass on the slip and slide ride of your life. :D :D :D

BadKachina
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
It's even worse now that you drank the Kool-aid. At least Mark is still allowed to tie up with us, baller. :notam: :D
I take that back, you can still tie up with us, but I'll just make sure the deck of the Guppy has a few extra coats of wax so it sends your black sock wearing ass on the slip and slide ride of your life. :D :D :D
Now I'm calling bs because I know your ass isn't going to be out there waxing the deck of that monster, and to have it waxed with a few extra coats would tie up a detailer for week.........:)

Jordy
11-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Now I'm calling bs because I know your ass isn't going to be out there waxing the deck of that monster, and to have it waxed with a few extra coats would tie up a detailer for week.........:)
Hey, construction is slow. Rob's got a few crews of guys looking for stuff to do. Call BS all you want. Just be careful with your black socks on the deck. That, and the Hot Sauce will keep that thing like a black sock ice rink. :D