PDA

View Full Version : What's a good chevy book?

78Eliminator
06-14-2002, 11:00 AM
I need a book about chevy big blocks that includes specific specifications including all torque ratings for everything that attaches to the block (heads, intake, exhaust and even the starter). Any advice appreciated.
78Elim

sgdiv7
06-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Go to the public library and you can get it all off of the books there or off the computer in ALLDATA at the same place. E-mail me and i'll send you any info you want. I have ALLDATA.
Bill

sgdiv7
06-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Go to the public library and you can get it all off of the books there or off the computer in ALLDATA at the same place. E-mail me and i'll send you any info you want. I have ALLDATA.
Bill

TX19
06-14-2002, 03:25 PM
If you are contemplating building a Chevrolet engine, you might want to get a Bible.

LeadFootTheRabbit
06-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Go to www.MorTec.com, (http://www.MorTec.com,) they have a list of books and/or publications that might help.

mrgoslow
06-15-2002, 06:32 AM
bible! lol, true.

blowngas
06-17-2002, 08:31 AM
there are 2 books that are really good to have for reading and reference---"How to build Max Performance Chevy Rat Motors" by Ed Staffel and "Step by Step Guide to Engine Blueprinting" by Rick Voegelin---if you are in need of info of using only chevy parts, get "How to rebuild Big Block Chevy Engines" by Tom Wilson---check website book stores for these or local bookstore----if you can't find the answer in one of these, its over your head----good luck

disco_charger
06-17-2002, 08:49 AM
"How to Hot Rod Your Big Block Chevy" Old school. It's interesting to go through that. It seems like a lot of Mags and builders are getting away form the basics and going to just bolt ons. New technology is great, but some of the old timers knew their stuff. Can you say GRUMPY JENKINS?
Disco

froggystyle
06-17-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by TX19:
If you are contemplating building a Chevrolet engine, you might want to get a Bible.
Is that because the creation of the Big Block Chevy was divine intervention?
Or because once you switch from the off-brands you become a preacher?
Or is it because once you fire that bad boy up with some open Bassetts you will swear that a chorus of angels has just descended upon your ears, and you need to find an appropriate passage to thank it's creator?
Just kidding guys. But you can find information on the Ford big block in Dante's "Inferno" as well as Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses". I believe it is heavily referenced in both as "Mr. Mephistopheles" and "Prince of Darkness"

Wingnut
06-17-2002, 10:32 AM
try: Big Block Chevy Marine Performance by Dennis Moore

06-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by froggystyle:
Is that because the creation of the Big Block Chevy was divine intervention?
Or because once you switch from the off-brands you become a preacher?
Or is it because once you fire that bad boy up with some open Bassetts you will swear that a chorus of angels has just descended upon your ears, and you need to find an appropriate passage to thank it's creator?
Just kidding guys. But you can find information on the Ford big block in Dante's "Inferno" as well as Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses". I believe it is heavily referenced in both as "Mr. Mephistopheles" and "Prince of Darkness"OH...PlllllEEEEEASE!!!!!!!Spare US!

TX19
06-17-2002, 03:57 PM
I was just "funnin" about the Bible.
Some folks like Fords, some like Chevrolets. I think there is room for both these brands and a few more on this board.
I like Fords because anyone can make a Chevrolet run well!