PDA

View Full Version : ? Scorpionking

jodangles
01-30-2003, 08:30 PM
You asked about the races at 42 bridge. Iwas wandering if you were going to race there this summer. I would but the money you have to spend to win a beer can size trophy, (NO CASH) seems nuts to me. But I would think the guys at Shole runner, Gator, and Scorpion would all want to promote there product.

Rivernut
01-31-2003, 06:19 PM
Which copied which? They look too similar for a coincidence. I am a gator owner. droberts01375@netscape.net

scorpionking
01-31-2003, 06:49 PM
i will be racing this year but as you said it takes a lot of cash to win, there are faster boats out there than mine but its all just for fun. the gator guys really make a good showing every year,randy is a super nice guy and has a loyal following and has some fast boats on the water. shoal runner really doesn't seem to care about going fast,bill is a nice guy also but seems to concentrate on fishing boats more than speed and looks. the guys at scorpion are looking at trying to get a better presence in the fast boat market, the owner mickey sells hulls to shoal runner for their new predator series boats. as for who came first.... well.
randy buys hulls from eagle racing out of canada and finishes them out,he does a great job,probodyworks custom paints them all over in union,his work is great. eagle racing started the performance hull stuff. mickey at scorpion hired a guy named curt that worked at eagle in canada and bought all the equipment to start building his own hulls instead of buying them out of canada. the venom hull that scorpion sells is very similar to the old eagle hulls that used a delta pad bottom design. the new gator"eagle" hulls use either a tunnel or a steptech bottom design. scorpion offers an open bow hull that only they offer. rob in canada that builds the eagle hulls doesn't offer an open bow hull setup. so i guess to answer the question,, eagle started that style boat as best i can tell. the eagle tunnels run the fastest at speed,the steptech and delta pad scorpions run better at 40-60. after 70 mph the air entrapment hull really takes off. check out the eagle racing videos at www.eagleracing.ca (http://www.eagleracing.ca) to see them in action..... do you know the dates on the races this year?

jodangles
01-31-2003, 10:55 PM
scorpionking thanks for the reply. I don't know for sure the dates on the races but I belive they are the first weekend in August. The best I can figure the way you told the history of the boats is the way it happend. I did my homework on the big three jets on the Gasconade befor I went with the gator and my reason was manily because Randy was the nicest of everyone I spoke with and the best price. I live here close to Bill and even wanted to buy from him, to try to keep the money close to home. But he was 2800 higher than gator and not as fast and no Yellow bubbles. When I went to Scorpion I think that there deal with bill was just starting up and he kinda pointed me tward his way to sort of help there deal in selling hulls. I also went to River Pro in Hillsburo, and have a friend who has one of there twelve degree sport/fish boats with a 175 sport jet super fun but almost the same money as the gator and I hear they chew impellers up kinda like watercraft. so I went with the gator and I am tickeld with it. If you are going to the boat show Randy will be there and he has the exact date of the races. I am going up that Sat. One of the boats they are taking up is a ney tunnel my nighbor had bult. Im kinda hoping to get buy the gator shop befor the show also and if I do I'll find out the date and post it for you. Your new step hull is the venom I guess? I woul love to see it this summer. They had one in the shop when I went to Scorpion. COOL BOATS! Well I think its going to be in the upper fiftys tomarow so in the morning im going to get my boat and put in. Sunday is suposed to be 68 so if I don't get a good day tomarow all try then.
See ya on the water
Joey

Rivernut
02-01-2003, 07:11 AM
Gator appealed to me because of their openness to custom requests and price. Randy was super to deal with considering he is in Missouri and I'm in Massachusetts. I had never seen one of his boats in person or met him. He sent me a cool video of ggod ol' boys hot-rodding around in his boats. No going back after that! I had him build me a dual console pro-style bass boat with a GM 350 carbed engine. It has a slick paint job and the trailer is painted to match. The quality of the metal fabricating, welds and such is excellent. well carpeted also. The trailer is an Eagle out of MI and is very heavy duty. He drove it here (800+ miles) in January to deliver it to my garage! What other boat builder would do that? And then I found out a few extras were included - polished aluminum exhaust manifolds and risers, high capacity oil pan, dual oil filters, alloy rims on the trailer. I am the only one in the Northeast with one of these boats and it is a show piece. I can't say enough good things about this company. http://www.bassboatcentral.com/images/gator2.jpg

jodangles
02-01-2003, 03:20 PM
nice boat rivernut Mine is about the same except for the new hull mods I don' have a dig cam and my scaner doesn't work . Thats how come You havent seen it posted here. But If you get on www.gatorboatsjet.com (http://www.gatorboatsjet.com) its the one with bleu base collor and yelloy bubbles.
Thanks for reply