PDA

View Full Version : Support boating and buy brunswick stock.....

boatsntoys
11-08-2007, 08:36 AM
and lose your ass. Lost over 55% of it's value over the last 24 months. the majority of that decline was the last 120 days. All this despite GREAT sales in their sporting goods sections and an increase in motor sales overseas. Hope the government see sthat we need a strong marine supplier here in the states and quits buying Yamaha outboards for the navy.

OCMerrill
11-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Well they make Bayliner. That can't be helping. :)

HocusPocus
11-08-2007, 09:14 AM
i think boating in general will suffer over the next couple of years. here is a chart for Fountain shares as an example.
http://www.amex.com/charts/FPB_24mths_priceVolChart.gif

boatsntoys
11-08-2007, 09:23 AM
i think boating in general will suffer over the next couple of years. here is a chart for Fountain shares as an example.
http://www.amex.com/charts/FPB_24mths_priceVolChart.gif
I think california custom boating and it's mfg,s are taking the biggest hit. With all this info out there , Why are Ultra, Cobra, DCB and probably a few others tooling big 32' and up offshore boats? Seem like a lot of money to spend now for an industry that has a few years to rebound.
I think I'll buy some land and build a few spec homes in moreno valley:D

DeltaSigBoater
11-08-2007, 10:17 AM
and lose your ass. Lost over 55% of it's value over the last 24 months. the majority of that decline was the last 120 days. All this despite GREAT sales in their sporting goods sections and an increase in motor sales overseas. Hope the government see sthat we need a strong marine supplier here in the states and quits buying Yamaha outboards for the navy.
I’ve never seen a Yamaha outboard hanging off the back of a US Navy vessel, and that’s not to say that they don’t have/use them, I’ve just never seen it. I do know that they use Johnson, & Mercury Outboards.
The US Coast Guard on the other hand exclusively uses twin Hondas on their 25’ Defender Class Attack Boats, while the larger 33’ boats are outfitted with triple Mercurys. I’ve seen this up close and (a little too) personal on more that one occasion :rolleyes:
I have a feeling BoatCop knows more about outboard powered Government Boats.
And with regards to Brunswick, I think that they have really over extended themselves financially in the past several years by purchasing; Hatteras Yachts in 2001, Crestliner, Lowe Boats, and SeaPro in 2004. Albemarle, Kayot & Palmetto in 2005 and Cabo Yachts in 2006. Not to mention establishing Meridian Yachts (breakoff from Bayliner Motor Yachts), and the Joint venture between Cummins MerCruiser Diesel in 2002

boatsntoys
11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I’ve never seen a Yamaha outboard hanging off the back of a US Navy vessel, and that’s not to say that they don’t have/use them, I’ve just never seen it. I do know that they use Johnson, & Mercury Outboards.
The US Coast Guard on the other hand exclusively uses twin Hondas on their 25’ Defender Class Attack Boats, while the larger 33’ boats are outfitted with triple Mercurys. I’ve seen this up close and (a little too) personal on more that one occasion :rolleyes:
I have a feeling BoatCop knows more about outboard powered Government Boats.
And with regards to Brunswick, I think that they have really over extended themselves financially in the past several years by purchasing; Hatteras Yachts in 2001, Crestliner, Lowe Boats, and SeaPro in 2004. Albemarle, Kayot & Palmetto in 2005 and Cabo Yachts in 2006. Not to mention establishing Meridian Yachts (breakoff from Bayliner Motor Yachts), and the Joint venture between Cummins MerCruiser Diesel in 2002
you're right. When we were in Long Beach at the marina, we saw 2 Coast Guard boats with Honda motors on them.