PDA

View Full Version : Gel coat touch up

NeverEnough
11-08-2007, 09:11 AM
anyone on here that could give some pointers on fixin these scratches on my ultra?

shippingguy
11-08-2007, 03:13 PM
anyone on here that could give some pointers on fixin these scratches on my ultra?
From the pictures those look way to deep to wet sand and buff. Sorry to say, but it looks like you will need to have the gel professionaly repaired(resprayed) in those areas.

NeverEnough
11-08-2007, 05:15 PM
I know they are way to deep to buff. I need some info or someone I can talk to about the steps to fix this and the colors. I was hoping maybe john would read this and maybe chime in. I have my own body shop its just none of my crew have never worked with gel.

shippingguy
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I know they are way to deep to buff. I need some info or someone I can talk to about the steps to fix this and the colors. I was hoping maybe john would read this and maybe chime in. I have my own body shop its just none of my crew have never worked with gel.
I would PM John (ULTRA28) or call down to the shop and ask for John or Mikey. 619-443-1100.
Mike

TRG
11-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Dont have any idea how far you are from Evansville IN, but my uncle has a body shop and is exceptionally well when it comes to gel rep's, but would not let him touch the paint on my car!...gel good,...paint bad! lol:D
I guess that is why he is an owner and not a laborer!

NeverEnough
11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Thats to far from me! So I guess I am going to have to page Mr. West himself and see if he can chime in on this topic! I havent seen or heard from him yet!

ULTRA28
11-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Those are too deep to sand and buff. They are in blends, which will be hard to fix for anybody that doesn't know what they are doing. It is expensive to fix blends because they are labor intensive. You could always try to dab in the color, but it will not match very well and you will be able to tell it has a repair.

NeverEnough
11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
what is the color for the white? I can atleast hit those. On the yellow what about base coat clear coat for the repair? and breaking it off at the hardline?