PDA

View Full Version : DAMN! Wood chipper death :(

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Just read in the paper that a woman or a man (they don't know yet) fell into a wood chipper and got ripped apart yesterday in Tustin. There were no witnesses to the death.
What a terrible way to go :(.

Phat Matt
11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/wachendorfia/fargo_woodchipper.jpg

Jordy
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
There was a guy here in Phoenix that killed himself in a big commerical woodchipper a few years ago. Walked up to where a crew was working, took his wallet and set it on the ground and laid FEET FIRST on the belt and went in. :eek: :eek: :eek:
As I recall, he tried to take his girlfriend with him, but she managed to get away.

Jbb
11-08-2007, 10:06 AM
They see me chippin......

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 10:06 AM
There was a guy here in Phoenix that killed himself in a big commerical woodchipper a few years ago. Walked up to where a crew was working, took his wallet and set it on the ground and laid FEET FIRST on the belt and went in. :eek: :eek: :eek:
As I recall, he tried to take his girlfriend with him, but she managed to get away.
That would be nasty to see. Disturbing someone would go out that way.

Jordy
11-08-2007, 10:12 AM
They see me chippin......
stop hatin'... :D :D :D

Havasu1986
11-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Seen it on the late news last night. It was a male who worked for the tree trimming company. They showed his fellow workers and they didn't know how it happened. :(

Jbb
11-08-2007, 10:14 AM
stop hatin'... :D :D :D
:jawdrop:
RD SUX!
:D

DeltaSigBoater
11-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Cal OSHA is investigating the tree trimming business :idea:

LAFD
11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
i been on a run with this. though they got it shut down before he went all the way in. was upto his shoulder. not sure if he lived or not he was alive when we dropped him at the hospital. but he lost a lot of blood. what happen is he said that he was feeding in a branch and just got drug in by the branch.

H20Advantage
11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
That was ours. Looks like the only identifiable part was a thumb. Coroner took the whole truck and chipper.

mbrown2
11-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Cal OSHA is investigating the tree trimming business :idea:
Give me a break.....the worst arm chair quaterbacks out there...

4day!!
11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
That was ours. Looks like the only identifiable part was a thumb. Coroner took the whole truck and chipper.
HHHHHMMMM? You should of said hi, we were first on scene of that last night. I actually met you a few months back at the gas station, jamboree and chapman. Were you on the cutter this morning on irvine blvd or the bicyclist on Jamborre yesterday morning.? One hell of a shift!

Sleek-Jet
11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I'd just fall to pieces if that happened to someone I know...

HavaSkank
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I'll get to see the OSHA pics by the end of the day. I'll be sure to have a plate of spagetti and meatballs in front of me when I open the email.

Jordy
11-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I'd just fall to pieces if that happened to someone I know...
Yeah??? I'm sure it would leave you in enough emotional distress, once you got to the root of the accident, that you'd have to branch out to others for help, right??? :idea: :D

uvindex
11-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Those big-ass woodchippers are gnarly beasts (not that I've ever used one). I recall reading about more than a handful of these deaths over the years, first in OC and now in FL.
What amazes me is that some of the deaths happened because the guy STOOD ON TOP OF THE BRANCHES to force the branches into the chipper. Sheesh.

HBjet
11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Saw that on the news too. Saddam's sons used to have a wood chipper, but it was actually a people chipper. Those they didn't like were put in head first. Those they really didn't like were put in feet first so they could at least live out the pain a little longer.
How do you just fall into one though? :idea:
Sad either way

Sleek-Jet
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah??? I'm sure it would leave you in enough emotional distress, once you got to the root of the accident, that you'd have to branch out to others for help, right??? :idea: :D
Even after all that I would have a gnawing doubt about what life is all about...

HavaSkank
11-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Why am I suddenly humming Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces"

uvindex
11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Why am I suddenly humming Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces"From a Denver TV station story about a guy who died in a woodchipper in 2005: "The Larimer County Coroner ruled the death accidental and said Morse's cause of death was "total morselization of body due to being pulled by a gloved hand into a commercial wood chipper." Yikes.

HavaSkank
11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
.....ruled the death accidental and said Morse's cause of death was "total morselization of body
Sometimes when I eat too many Toll House chocolate chip cookies I feel as if I could perish from total morselization

photo chick
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Sometimes when I eat too many Toll House chocolate chip cookies I feel as if I could perish from total morselization
good one.......you guys are really......cutting it up!!

rrrr
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
good one.......you guys are really......cutting it up!!
You know, it wood be nice if you leaf the jokes to the pros......don't be a sap.
:D :D

photo chick
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
You know, it wood be nice if you leaf the jokes to the pros......don't be a sap.
:D :D
hey rrrron, don't bark at me!!!

Jbb
11-08-2007, 12:24 PM
chip...chip...chip...

Gayleen
11-08-2007, 12:37 PM
My husband worked on one of the commercial chippers. The hopper was horizontal, about waist height and 2 feet wide. I was there when the owner came to pick it up. We were asking him questions about tough the this is. He fired it up and sent a 3 foot long 2x4 through it. The board was chewed up and spit out in about 2 seconds. If you were shredding branches and the limbs managed to get caught on you, the machine has enough power to suck you right in. After watching that, I would not get near that machine.

H20Advantage
11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
HHHHHMMMM? You should of said hi, we were first on scene of that last night. I actually met you a few months back at the gas station, jamboree and chapman. Were you on the cutter this morning on irvine blvd or the bicyclist on Jamborre yesterday morning.? One hell of a shift!
No I was in the station writing a search warrant on the fight and stabbing involving a bunch of high school kids the night before.
We have had a hell of a week. Guy found dead in a dumpster enclosure on Monday AM and just finished that one on Wednesday.

BiggusJimbus
11-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Warning stickers must not have been in Spanish.
Just assuming here... And yes, I know what happens when you assume. :D :D

RitcheyRch
11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Heard this on the news. What a horrible way to die.

YODA
11-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Hmmmmm...the cost of a chipper would be cheaper than divorce :idea:

Jordy
11-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Hmmmmm...the cost of a chipper would be cheaper than divorce :idea:
And about equally messy in most cases... :idea: