PDA

View Full Version : one lucky surfer!

Ms.Havasu
11-08-2007, 11:51 AM
check this out
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21689083/?GT1=10547

Kazanski
11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
haha...I saw that this morning too...actually know the guy. The doctors did an awesome job sewing him up!

Jyruiz
11-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Dolphins are awesome.

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
That is my old home town. Been at that beach many, many times. The water has always been pretty bad there concerning undertows and so forth. Of course there are Great Whites out there in Monterey Bay. Even if I was a surfer I sure the F would not be surfing at Marina Beach. No friggin' way!
He is very lucky..............

HavaSkank
11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd like to hook that 15 foot bastard. I've landed quite a few mako and a couple threshers, but the GW is holy grail of shark hunting.

Kazanski
11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
That is my old home town. Been at that beach many, many times. The water has always been pretty bad there concerning undertows and so forth. Of course there are Great Whites out there in Monterey Bay. Even if I was a surfer I sure the F would not be surfing at Marina Beach. No friggin' way!
I agree he is lucky...after growing up out here you never became a surfer?

DeltaSigBoater
11-08-2007, 12:48 PM
I'd like to hook that 15 foot bastard. I've landed quite a few mako and a couple threshers, but the GW is holy grail of shark hunting.
I focking hate sharks :mad: can't tell you how many times I've lost nice fish (yellowfin, albacore, dorado, halibut) to sharks. Or when they come up and hook one of the baited skirt-jigs while trolling.

old flat
11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
No kiddin' DILLIGAF, I used to surf it. Not many people know that Santa Cruz is the North end of what is called the Red Triangle, from Oxnard, on up, is gerat surfing and great Shark territory.
STEVE

DILLIGAF
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree he is lucky...after growing up out here you never became a surfer?
Nope....too cold for me. I played a lot of baseball and basketball growing up.

Cs19
11-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Been surfing whole life and Im still sketched to surf anything north of Santa Barbara.. Seen plenty of sharks in the line up, uncomfortable feeling to say the least.
That guy is beyond lucky.

riverroyal
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
whats more crappy is that i had to watch a Fockin commercial first.What a lame deal that is