PDA

View Full Version : Floor questions???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Are there supposed to be a hole in the floor(Where the bilge area starts)? I have a subfloor that covers my stringers and there was a hole accessing it. I was thinking to let water come in and out but I am not sure. Why would there be a hole there? Can I close it? I replaced the floor not too long ago but we left the hole there. The stringer was rotted out so we replaced it. I am thinking the water rotted it out. I really dont want to replace that damn stringer again.

Jake W
01-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Are you talking about the keel or center stringer?When I put full length stringers in my jet and a new floor I just inclosed it.For the same reason you are talking about.They say keep the hole in there and tilt the boat back for storage so the water can run out.But put some kind of plug in it so you can leave it in while boating and take it out for storage.Jake

Backtanner
01-27-2003, 09:42 AM
I had about a 3" dia hole in the middle of my floor just in front of the bilge area also. When I asked around the best answer I got was that it was used to inject the foam underneath. I got rid of the hole and foam when I redid my floor a few years ago.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-27-2003, 11:24 AM
I think I will leave the hole there and plug it during boating wink Thanks guys