PDA

View Full Version : Concert this weekend Support our Troops!!!!

Relaxalot
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
If you are looking for something to do this weekend please consider going to this show. My good friend Michael Peterson is the headliner on Saturday night and Jo Dee Messina on Sunday. I will not be able to attend but hunt him down and say hello for me!
Tickets available at
asoldierswish.org
thanks y'all!!!
Festival to aid Ontario chapter of USO
Country music fans can listen to tunes, support U.S. troops
Mona Shadia, Staff Writer
Article Launched: 11/05/2007 07:08:00 PM PST
YUCAIPA - The upcoming U.S. Armed Forces Country Music Festival will provide country music fans the opportunity to come together, enjoy some tunes and provide aid to a worthy cause - the troops.
The festival on Saturday and Sunday at Yucaipa Regional Park will feature national acts such as Jo Dee Messina and an array of local artists.
About 75 percent of the festival's net proceeds will be donated to the Ontario chapter of the United Service Organizations.
"This is a way for the residents of Southern California to show their support for our service members from our local communities," said Michael Cook, of Yucaipa, who worked with the Yucaipa Valley American Legion Post 426 to organize the festival. "From day one, this has been about supporting the troops."
Cook, 35, who served in the military for 11 years and is in the reserves, said he knows the importance of having the troops realize they have support at home.
"It's not supporting the war or anyone's political agenda, it's about supporting the troops," he said.
In putting the festival together, Cook is following in the footsteps of his mother, Sally Brown. For 10 years she organized events to support the USO and other groups.
Cook said it is now his turn.
During the planning process, Cook decided he wanted local as well as national country musicians to perform at the festival.
He seems to have accomplished that goal.
Expected at the festival are national stars - such Michael Peterson and Jamie Williams - and local acts including Ashley Runner and West 10, Tori Lynn, Bradley Johnson and the Killin Time Band.
Country Music Television officials have even said they will attend.
Cook was able to make contacts and sponsors thanks to the Ontario USO and Paula Wilkens, a native of Yucaipa and lead singer of All Worked Up. The band is also expected to perform at the festival.
Ron Dye, director of the Ontario USO, commended Cook for his efforts.
"I think Mike is just so passionate toward the support we provide to the troops, and he wants to return some of that to us, so the USO can continue on supporting the troops," Dye said.
The nonprofit USO provides morale and recreational services to members of the U.S. military.
The festival will also include plenty of activities and entertainment for children and adults.
Cook said it's the duty of all U.S. citizens to support the troops.
"They should be supported because they're willing to fight for freedom," said Cook, who plans to make the festival an annual event. "This country was built with men and women for more than 230 years fighting for freedom and people's freedom."

Relaxalot
11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=63482122
Michael devotes alot of his time, energy and talent to our troops and wounded warriors. Just some info for the country fans

Relaxalot
11-08-2007, 08:30 PM
check out the song Marriage is the Leading Cause of Divorce on his my space.