PDA

View Full Version : Grand Opening<<>> Golden Corral

Not So Fast
11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
We drove by the place tonite at 5:30 pm and HOLY COW, the entire parking lot was full, never seen anything like it, in Havasu anyway. It is most likely full of blue hairs and I dont do buffets so it doesnt matter.
I wonder if its a good thing for Indigo Joes. I heard a guy once say if you open a restaurant then open it next to another busy restaurant, sure success:idea: If it stays like it was then parking will be a problem for sure. NSF

ClownRoyal
11-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Isn't it a buffet? Meaning all-you-can-eat. Meaning one price to basically stuff your pie-hole to no end:jawdrop: . May be a big hit in Havasu. Specially when the Snowbirds invade. Wonder if they let you take out doggy bags.

RitcheyRch
11-08-2007, 05:50 PM
My experience is that Golden Corral is very similar to the Sizzler

shadow
11-08-2007, 06:00 PM
We drove by the place tonite at 5:30 pm and HOLY COW, the entire parking lot was full, never seen anything like it, in Havasu anyway. It is most likely full of blue hairs and I dont do buffets so it doesnt matter.
I wonder if its a good thing for Indigo Joes. I heard a guy once say if you open a restaurant then open it next to another busy restaurant, sure success:idea: If it stays like it was then parking will be a problem for sure. NSF
I just went by there 10 minutes ago almost 7pm and still packed.
Looks like Windsor parking lot on a Holiday weekend!:eek:

BadKachina
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
It's really good if you enjoy buffet style cafeteria food. ;) :yuk:

DeltaSigBoater
11-08-2007, 07:13 PM
It's really good if you enjoy buffet style cafeteria food. ;) :yuk:
Oh great college dining all over again :yuk:
Let me ask this, better or worse, than Home Buffet?

boatsnblondes
11-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Used to be one in downtown Riverside years ago, and also one in Moreno valley...both long gone....they were very popular for a while, then they dried up...I seem to remember them as being pretty good...do they still do the fresh baked rolls?? As far as better than Hometown, hell, Mickey D's is better....sheesh...'cept the salad bar...I like Hometowns salad bar....

SummitKarl
11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
well I am going to see if I can piss them off as much as I can China Buffet:D
China buffet freaks when I walk in........OH NOOOOOO...it 2hrs and he is still eating....hide the cheese cake :jawdrop: :) :D

Kachina26
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
well I am going to see if I can piss them off as much as I can China Buffet:D
China buffet freaks when I walk in........OH NOOOOOO...it 2hrs and he is still eating....hide the cheese cake :jawdrop: :) :D
YOU GO NOW!!!!!!

BadKachina
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh great college dining all over again :yuk:
Let me ask this, better or worse, than Home Buffet?
My kids actually really love the place, I personally don't like buffet style food.

Kachina26
11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Isn't it a buffet? Meaning all-you-can-eat. Meaning one price to basically stuff your pie-hole to no end:jawdrop: . May be a big hit in Havasu. Specially when the Snowbirds invade. Wonder if they let you take out doggy bags.
As a kid I worked at a King's Table Buffet in Phoenix, the manager used make me walk by the blue hairs to make sure they weren't stuffing chicken into their purses.

Throttle
11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
went to indigos on tuesday, that place was going off then, thought maybe they were doing a dry run with staff and family... who's gonna try it and let us know if its any good... i don't really like buffets...:idea:

lakeluver
11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
The better half and I have been to the one in Kingman a couple of times...it beats the hell out of Hometown Barfett...
Met the new owners a couple of weeks back..I think they should do well.

Havasu1986
11-08-2007, 08:13 PM
The better half and I have been to the one in Kingman a couple of times...it beats the hell out of Hometown Barfett...
Met the new owners a couple of weeks back..I think they should do well.
How do you think they will do in the summer. :confused:

BEER&WATER
11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
The Wife Will Be Buying A Bigger Purse For This Joint :)

HDF WATERDOG
11-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Last nite was a private party. Perhaps family and friends. Tonite it opens to the public.

Baja Big Dog
11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
The secret word...zip lock baggies!!!:D

adjones419
11-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Any of you guys ever been there for breakfast? I've never been for lunch or dinner (I hear it's not very good), but their breakfast kicks ass. Made to order omelettes right in front of you...good stuff.

PaPaG
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
We ate at the one in St George about 3-4 months ago, great service for a buffet, Saying a lot if you live in Vegas and eat at only the good buffets.
Food was great, chicken fresh and cooked just right, everything else was very good. Going to try the one in Havi this weekend. Don't eat a lot but if the quality is good then we like to try a little of each. Will relay results after we eat... :D

lakeluver
11-09-2007, 11:22 AM
How do you think they will do in the summer. :confused:
Honestly, I think they'll do well year round. Havasu needs a place for a good buffet besides Chinese food IMHO....

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Golden Corral was a BFD back home in Colorado. Decent steaks, just that you have to order them at the counter and they bring them out, rather than a waiter coming to you at the table.
Not worth waiting in line for... thought I've come to the conclusion that no restaurant is anymore. I'll stay home and cook my own.

Mr. Crusader 83
11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
My uncle went to the one in kingman, and said its really good. Grill to order steaks at the buffet price. I dont like buffets at all but this one is suppost to be good.
The only other one that I eat at and likes was in vegas, at the Rio.

beer truck
11-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I have a friend that owns 23 of them in the Florida, and Atlanta area. Very busy restaurants, with a wide selecton of choices. Much nicer than the Country Buffets, and actually decent food for the price. Like any restaurant the concept is only part of it, it's up to the operator to maintain quality, and standards.

Shreve"T"
11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
One of the better Buffets INMO...A little bit of everything with a great salad bar....Not something I would do all the time........:D :D :D :D

HavaSkank
11-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I tend to shy away from any restaurants that are frequented by the elderly. Nothing can ruin a tastey dinner faster than watching some shriveled up, toothless relic with Parkinsons try to eat a bowl of chicken noodle.

Screaming Pete
11-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I tend to shy away from any restaurants that are frequented by the elderly. Nothing can ruin a tastey dinner faster than watching some shriveled up, toothless relic with Parkinsons try to eat a bowl of chicken noodle.
Skank your killing me on that one, i have coffee every morning with a senior with parkinsons .......i just keep handing him the napkins.........:D :D

Shreve"T"
11-09-2007, 12:41 PM
WTF !!!!!!! Now this here is some funny a$$ shiat.....OMG...:D :D :D :D

Boozer
11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
There's a few of them here in Denver and they are ALWAYS packed full of people. I've never been, it seems like a green card optional atmosphere so I don't typically go to places that drive in that type of traffic. I'm guessing with the crowds they draw in the food is relatively decent though.

roostwear
11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Kinda like Sir George's Smorgasbord was in the 60's? Damn, that ones gonna date me......:rolleyes:

phebus
11-09-2007, 04:12 PM
My daughter is working at the new one here in Havasu. I'll ask her how the food is.

PaPaG
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Ate there around 430 today. Great food, Steaks cooked to order, great chicken, pot roast was as good as we have ever had, will eat there anytime. As is with most new places service was very good, nice staff and very clean...gonna try it again in a month to see if they stay sharp. :D