PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Star Recipient

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Have a former Ranger Captain I'm working with. He got this in Falouja. Any way to look it up?

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:13 PM
This guy is getting hired as a firefighter. The detective running his background said when he called he had this as well as a Navy commendation letter. He's real quiet so I though I'd ask...
P.S. Those Marines are Badass...

Pheelin Phroggy
11-08-2007, 08:19 PM
What are you actually looking for..... the actual Medal, the Award Approval or the Certificate of Award? His DD214 should have the award on it... if it was awarded prior to ETS, if it does not, then he will need to request a copy of the actual award approval from his records. If it is not on his DD214, the original Award Approval is the only way to get it added, the Cetificate is only a narrative of actions warranting the award.
http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/public/awards-and-decorations.html
try this link for help
PP

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:24 PM
This detective was an old guy. Lotsa questions. This guy is in real good shape and I told him he looked like he was still in, he threw that stuff out. Said the guy was a stud. I believe it.
I guess I'm just nosey. The Marines in our deal are all over the Army guy... Detective said he was playing with the Marines in Falouja when he got the award.
Guy asked if I could fix his cell phone, I asked if he could get me out of jail sometime, and that was that...:)

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Navy Commendation is a medal, not a letter. I have one with a V from Beirut. You can receive a NCM in peacetime, but it will not have a V. I was a downgraded Bronze Star, because, as I was told, they don't give Bronze Stars in the Marine Corps to PFCs. It's a pretty legit award. It's no Bronze Star, but I believe it's the next step down.
MOH
Navy Cross
Silver Star
Navy Marine Corps Medal
Bronze Star
Navy Commendation Medal
Navy Achievement Medal
I believe that's the wartime order, but I may have missed one. There's also medals that can only be won by airmen, like Distinguished Flying Cross and Air Medal.
Congrats. And you're still alive.. :)

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I guess they see how smart you are, then how crazy, and voila...
We've got some crazy guys on our team.:D

Pheelin Phroggy
11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I believe he's looking for the actual citation, which will not be on his DD214. The citation is the actual verbage of the award when you receive it, as I posted above. When you receive a medal, you get a citation (certificate) with is as well, that outlines what in the hell you so stupidly did to receive the award. :D
Yes sir, I have seen a cpl of them, I was just trying to figure out what we were looking for, as to try to help this Ranger out, but as it appears this is not for the actual Ranger..... finding the citation would prove to be difficult.

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Yes sir, I have seen a cpl of them, I was just trying to figure out what we were looking for, as to try to help this Ranger out.
I'm sure he has everything, he just is real quiet about it. The background guys have it as well. I was just interested to see what it was for. He's been measured for boots and gloves, so I'm pretty sure he'll be hired shortly...

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:37 PM
You're not helping the Ranger, just nosey Riverkid wants to see his citation. :D
That was easy. ;)

Pheelin Phroggy
11-08-2007, 08:39 PM
my humble apologies for misinterpreting (or some big word like that) the request....

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:43 PM
my humble apologies for misinterpreting (or some big word like that) the request....
for the help. Google's not working on this deal...;)

Riverkid
11-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Did you have to say that, twice? :mad: :) :D