PDA

View Full Version : Mythbusters Soon To Be Budgetbusted

Infomaniac
11-08-2007, 09:08 PM
If there is even the remote possibility of Mythbusters trying to scientifically prove the plane on a treadmill thing. Not sure why they would need to prove common sense..... :idea:
The cost of the device needed to prove that the plane will indeed take off no matter how scaled down they try it. Will surely bust the budget of several seasons combined.
No more interesting episodes just because people do not realize or refuse to realize that the air provides the plane's engines the thrust to move and the air provides the plane's ability to fly regardless of what the wheels are doing with the ground.
DUH !!!!
Hopefully no one will reply to this and this will be the end of it.

BEER&WATER
11-08-2007, 09:14 PM
see !!!!! you dont have the funds to prove it LOL

pw_Tony
11-08-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure they have a pretty darn big budget. I mean who doesn't know, or watch the Mythbusters? Great show IMO.
Some of those test with the big explosions and such must cost a pretty penny. They build all sorts of contraptions that cost some coin. But will they buy equipment to test a full runway? Probably not. But they will have some interesting idea if they do do it

OverKill
11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
If there is even the remote possibility of Mythbusters trying to scientifically prove the plane on a treadmill thing. Not sure why they would need to prove common sense..... :idea:
The cost of the device needed to prove that the plane will indeed take off no matter how scaled down they try it. Will surely bust the budget of several seasons combined.
No more interesting episodes just because people do not realize or refuse to realize that the air provides the plane's engines the thrust to move and the air provides the plane's ability to fly regardless of what the wheels are doing with the ground.
DUH !!!!
Hopefully no one will reply to this and this will be the end of it.
Well your wish for no reply was not granted. And don't hide behind Mythbusters because you second guessed your answer at the poll.

desertbird
11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
this guy proves it for about $15 at teh hobby store....
The thing will fly...and perhaps this 8 yr old can help you to see that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EopVDgSPAk

Racey
11-09-2007, 12:43 AM
FYI: Mythbusters are the same guys that said dumping pennies down your carb into your intake manifold wont hurt your motor, they 'busted' that as a myth...... idiots :D

Infomaniac
11-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Well your wish for no reply was not granted. And don't hide behind Mythbusters because you second guessed your answer at the poll.
??? I voted the thing would fly.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Mythbusters earns an easy $30 million in advertising per year.
They'll pull some contraption together in the shop, or find some kinda shop worn giant rock conveyer that'll do the job.
The desert boneyards are full of that kinda equipment.
BTW: Most the big equipment they use is donated they often mention.
Also,, Their will be a HB viewing of that episode at Roc's firehouse in PS.
If it flys, the drinks & food is on me for one happy hour.
If it doesn't fly, which it won't, we're bustin' out the fraternity hazing paddles and the loosers get six of the best painfull swings of the "flesh-eaters" each,, from Jordy.
"Thank you sir, I was wrong about the plane sir, may I have another sir".

Mr. Crusader 83
11-09-2007, 06:37 AM
What i dont understand is. Dont the wings need air under or over them to provide lift for the plane? If the plane is standing still in a sence how is it getting the wind under or over the wings to provide lift? The prop doesnt lift the plane, if it did there would be no wings. So if the plane is standing still who cares how fast the tires are spinning.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-09-2007, 06:59 AM
What i dont understand is. Dont the wings need air under or over them to provide lift for the plane? If the plane is standing still in a sence how is it getting the wind under or over the wings to provide lift? The prop doesnt lift the plane, if it did there would be no wings. So if the plane is standing still who cares how fast the tires are spinning.
You are correct sir.

Infomaniac
11-09-2007, 07:03 AM
The plane is not standing still
The treadmill is matching the speed of the airplane.
I'll fly out for the happy hour drinks and food.

Some Kind Of Monster
11-09-2007, 07:07 AM
You aren't understanding their version of the question ;) According to their version of the question, the plane will be allowed to throttle up past the point where it is "standing still" and continue on to flight.

Kachina26
11-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Mythbusters earns an easy $30 million in advertising per year.
They'll pull some contraption together in the shop, or find some kinda shop worn giant rock conveyer that'll do the job.
The desert boneyards are full of that kinda equipment.
BTW: Most the big equipment they use is donated they often mention.
Also,, Their will be a HB viewing of that episode at Roc's firehouse in PS.
If it flys, the drinks & food is on me for one happy hour.
If it doesn't fly, which it won't, we're bustin' out the fraternity hazing paddles and the loosers get six of the best painfull swings of the "flesh-eaters" each,, from Jordy.
"Thank you sir, I was wrong about the plane sir, may I have another sir".
I hope you're getting a discount on the food and drinks.

SB
11-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Absolutely right. The plane in that video did not take off.
As for $, there would be plenty of money from the Navy once you explain that the Navy doesnt' need aircraft carriers, cuz their planes can take off and land on a f**king treadmill! IDIOTS! :D