PDA

View Full Version : Best prop to use...

Swoop
11-08-2007, 10:27 PM
To gain speed? If you get one for speed can you still tow a raft or wakeboarder if you wanted to or is that a big no no? I have no clue on this one and I know you guys will... Thanks..

48hr club
11-08-2007, 10:53 PM
This chart might help:
http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm

DeltaSigBoater
11-08-2007, 10:54 PM
To gain speed? If you get one for speed can you still tow a raft or wakeboarder if you wanted to or is that a big no no? I have no clue on this one and I know you guys will... Thanks..
What is known: You have a 25' Shockwave (noted on user profile).
What we need to know: Motor size, Drive, Current Prop Size, 3/4/5 Blade Prop, is a treadmill involved in any way?
:idea:

73kona455
11-08-2007, 11:07 PM
will it be used on a treadmill?:D

Swoop
11-09-2007, 12:00 AM
thanks,

Not So Fast
11-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Usually it is a trade off, max speed prop or tow prop= middle of the road prop;) Then you have to consider winter or summer heat prop, it does make a big difference. If your running the ever popular 496HO then a Bravo1 24p, 4 blade would be a good place to start IMO for what thats worth;) NSF

rivercrazy
11-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I also have a 25 Shockwave Tremor with a 496HO. My all around props are the 23P Rev-4 and a labbed 24P Bravo 1.
But for skiing and the like, I have a 21P Rev-4. It pulls VERY hard on the low end with that wheel. Great for tubing, wakeboarding, skiing, etc.

Keith E. Sayre
11-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Rivercrazy hit it right on the head. So did Bobby NSF. Get 2 props, one
for cruising and top end and one for recreation with the tubes, kids etc.
Remember this, in order to keep your bow down, while going wakeboarding
speeds about 19 or 20 mph??, you could go down about 4 or 5 inches of pitch which will allow the engine to gain a bunch of RPM's which will
raise the transom vertically. There again, certain shaped prop ears will also
inherently cause transom lift. If the transom is going up, the resulting
action will be to lower the bow.
When you buy your props, ask for a "performance guarantee" which means
as long as you don't ding them up, you could exchange for another one
if you choose the wrong one. Most will agree to do it.

Swoop
11-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Ok, so theres really no way to get everything in one.....
I don't pull too many wakeboarders but tubing once in a while, you can't really screw up tubing ( at least I don't think you can ) so a top end prop....
I'm selling the shockwave this weekend & next week will have a 30' kachina w/ 600sci

rrrr
11-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm selling the shockwave this weekend & next week will have a 30' kachina w/ 600sci
Make sure you check the gelcoat closely before you take delivery!!! :idea:
:D :D

Swoop
11-10-2007, 12:48 PM
hah,
I love the boat, the only mild issue i've thought about was the purple in front- if it ever gets to me I will make a minor modification and fill it with one of the blue's or do something with it, then I think it will be perfect.