PDA

View Full Version : 23' Donzi deck boat

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I know, I know, Even when I mentioned this to my kids they all had a shit attack. But the boat was well designed, no carpet to maintain, no fancy paint to worry about, engineered with practical use in mind, every inch had thought put into it, great storage, pockets , glove box, Ice box that works and drains, biminy that hides away, tow cover that snaps all the way around, lots of cup holders,a great usable swim step that is easy to access. an awful looking galvanized trailer that will probaly last forever, Big stereo,I pod, Ski tower, dual batts, 6.2 bravo, stainless prop, a sink(which I think is useless),
All the seat bottoms were hinged no velcro. Storage in the floor had a nice hinged door instead of a board with carpet on it.
Does this ease of use and less maintenance boating take the place of the "COOL" factor? My kids say NO WAY!

voodoomedman
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Donzi is a bichen boat. I don't have a custom to be cool. I have one because I love them.

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm not too worried about "cool". But I have a teenage boy, who wants teenage girls, especially when at the river. He's barely 15 and it's only gonna get worse. His brother is close behind following in his footsteps. The river is definately "flash and cash" Don't wanna dissapoint them with an "old fogey boat" it is for all of us to enjoy in our own respective ways...I guess.
Everything else we have has some of their decision in it. Soooooo, Looks like the donzi is out:( (just talked my self out ot it)

Havasu1986
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
You should go check out the boats at the Unique Performance open house tomorrow in Anaheim Hills. There on La Palma / Imperial behind the Land Rover dealer. ;)

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 09:33 AM
You should go check out the boats at the Unique Performance open house tomorrow in Anaheim Hills. There on La Palma / Imperial behind the Land Rover dealer. ;)
Thanks , I'll do that. Nice and close by.

Havasu1986
11-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I bumped the Unique thread for you. ;)

ULTRA26 # 1
11-09-2007, 09:36 AM
What time is the get together? I would like to stop by.

Havasu1986
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
What time is the get together? I would like to stop by.
9-5 ;)

DeltaSigBoater
11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm not too worried about "cool". But I have a teenage boy, who wants teenage girls, especially when at the river. He's barely 15 and it's only gonna get worse. His brother is close behind following in his footsteps. The river is definately "flash and cash" Don't wanna dissapoint them with an "old fogey boat" it is for all of us to enjoy in our own respective ways...I guess.
Everything else we have has some of their decision in it. Soooooo, Looks like the donzi is out:( (just talked my self out ot it)
Donzi made a deck boat :rolleyes:
Tell them to get a jobs, save their money and buy their own boat to pick up chicks :idea:
Sometimes I miss being that age, you all remember old enough to know whats going on, but not old enough to go w/o your parents. Meeting girls who were there with their parents and not some yoked out cage fighter boyfirend. :D

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Donzi made a deck boat :rolleyes:
Tell them to get a jobs, save their money and buy their own boat to pick up chicks :idea:
Sometimes I miss being that age, you all remember old enough to know whats going on, but not old enough to go w/o your parents. Meeting girls who were there with their parents and not some yoked out cage fighter boyfirend. :D
I miss that age too. Stuck on second base trying to make it to third.

DeltaSigBoater
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I miss that age too. Stuck on second base trying to make it to third.
LOL :D
My biggest problem was the younger siblings, mine & hers, always seemed to show up near short-stop :mad:

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 10:14 AM
LOL :D
My biggest problem was the younger siblings, mine & hers, always seemed to show up near short-stop :mad:
My problem was trying to steal home, blew it before I got here:D

ULTRA26 # 1
11-09-2007, 11:30 AM
9-5 ;)
Thanks

Partycattin
11-09-2007, 05:49 PM
The Donzi Deck looks just like a Chaparral. Probably same quality also.
My buddy picked one up. I'm not impressed with it. Lots of stress cracks, the floor flexes a lot. I don't think Donzi put the same attention to quality in these as they did their regular line of boats. Seems like they were looking more at the production boat market.

boat boy
11-09-2007, 07:23 PM
My problem was trying to steal home, blew it before I got here:D
I remember one time; we were in my car, while dipping into the pudding her Mom walked by. Her Dad was an Ordained Minister with a biker club. Funny Now but not then.