PDA

View Full Version : Einsteins brain teaser.........

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Answer is at the bottom, I can't even figure out how they got that answer??????????????????????????
Einstein's Riddle:
Einstein wrote the following riddle. He said that 98% of the world could not solve it. But several NIEHS scientists were able to solve it, and they said it's not all that hard if you pay attention and are very patient. Give it a try:
There are 5 houses in 5 different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house's owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: WHO OWNS THE FISH?
Hint
Just take your time. This one should take you some time and is probably one of the harder riddles you see.
Answer
The German sits in his Green House, smoking his Prince cigars, drinking coffee, and watching his FISH.
The rest go like this-
1st House: Yellow, Norwegian, Water, Cats, Dunhill
2nd House: Blue, Dane, Tea, Horse, Blends
3rd House: Red, Brit, Milk, Birds, Pall Malls
4th House: Green, German, Coffee, FISH, Prince
5th House: White, Swede, Beer, Dogs, Bluemasters

voodoomedman
11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Answer is at the bottom, I can't even figure out how they got that answer??????????????????????????
Einstein's Riddle:
Einstein wrote the following riddle. He said that 98% of the world could not solve it. But several NIEHS scientists were able to solve it, and they said it's not all that hard if you pay attention and are very patient. Give it a try:
There are 5 houses in 5 different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house's owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: WHO OWNS THE FISH?
Hint
Just take your time. This one should take you some time and is probably one of the harder riddles you see.
Answer
The German sits in his Green House, smoking his Prince cigars, drinking coffee, and watching his FISH.
The rest go like this-
1st House: Yellow, Norwegian, Water, Cats, Dunhill
2nd House: Blue, Dane, Tea, Horse, Blends
3rd House: Red, Brit, Milk, Birds, Pall Malls
4th House: Green, German, Coffee, FISH, Prince
5th House: White, Swede, Beer, Dogs, Bluemasters
Not hard. Just takes time. Took me about a half hour. You just have to write it down and it's process of elimination.

voodoomedman
11-09-2007, 11:57 AM
I got 4th house German, Coffee, Fish, Prince
The key to the puzzle was getting the house in color order, which was easy and then using the German to eliminate would he could not be. Pretty hard, took me about 45 straight.
I just realized you posted the answer. I kept only your post at the top of my screen so I didn't see anybody else's answers.
Does that mean I'm smarter than you because it only took me a half hour? :D
J/k My paper looked like chicken scratch and I almost got stuck and quit half way.

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
FISH...FISH Whats with the fricken FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????//////:confused:
What gives you the clue that it's fish????????????????????????????????????/

voodoomedman
11-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Exactly. Like I said. Process of elimination. They give you enough info to figure out certain things and then you know what the other is because it can't be what you know the other ones already are. It's like the riddle "How do you make 30 cents with two American coins and one of them is not a nickel." Lot's of people can't get it but the answer is a quarter and a nickel. The quarter is one of them and it is not a nickel.

cxr133
11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
I used a full yellow legal pad piece of paper. I have accompanying charts and graphs. :D
Oh, I ate two chicken and cheese enchiladas with rice while I was doing it, that slowed me down. :D
MAN you are SLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW............
it took me like 2 seconds to get the answer.
i just scrolled down and read it:D

sangervdrive
11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I think the key is to not force anything, just keep going down the list of clues, I think by the end I nearly had the list of clues memorized!
Took me about a half hour and three sheets of computer paper, was quite fun though.

Hal
11-09-2007, 01:25 PM
The answer is easy...:D :D :D
http://www.weitz.de/einstein.html

koyota93
11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
i gave up after reading the first post. i guess i'm part of the 98%.

Excessive Force
11-09-2007, 06:47 PM
yup im stupid. and i dont give shiot! saved myself 30 minutes of my life!:D

milkmoney
11-09-2007, 06:58 PM
i dont know what it is with riddles but all i have to do is read them and the answer comes right to me, no paper, but i dont know what 2+2 is go figure.. lol

milkmoney
11-09-2007, 07:00 PM
ok here is a simple one for the challenged.. you need to make 35 cents and u can only use two coins and one of them is not a quarter ..how do you do it???

TRUMP TIGHT
11-09-2007, 07:02 PM
It looks like about 70% of the people who acknowledged do the riddle have figured it out.

boatsntoys
11-09-2007, 07:24 PM
ok here is a simple one for the challenged.. you need to make 35 cents and u can only use two coins and one of them is not a quarter ..how do you do it???
The other one is a quarter:D Someone already did that on another thread

RiverToysJas
11-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Both Me and my wife seperately were able to figure it out. :)
......Though my brain hurt at one point and I also used three sheets of paper. :rolleyes:
RTJas :D

coolchange
11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
You guys needed paper?:rolleyes: :D