PDA

View Full Version : Shaft mounted rocker arms

vdrivedenis
11-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Has anyone out there installed shaft mounted rocker arms on a set of the Austrailian Pro Comp aluminum BBC heads. I called Pro Comp this afternoon because I broke another SS roller rocker last Sunday at the NJBA finals and the salesman at Pro comp did not have a clue what shaft mounted rocker arms are. There was not one web site that I visited that listed the Pro Comp heads as anything they had the rockers for, and it is too late on Friday to get anyone on the phone. The stud bosses appear to be the same as stock BBC iron heads. Anyone have a clue-Pro Comp does'nt!! :confused: :confused:
Thanks,
Denis Porter
Boat 034 Butterfly

chumstr
11-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I think this is what you are looking for. Jeselonline.com
KSS-207070 Pro Topline BB, SS Series 1.7/1.7 $926.25 SO

Cs19
11-09-2007, 05:45 PM
did you call jesel and t&d?

IMPATIENT 1
11-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Has anyone out there installed shaft mounted rocker arms on a set of the Austrailian Pro Comp aluminum BBC heads. I called Pro Comp this afternoon because I broke another SS roller rocker last Sunday at the NJBA finals and the salesman at Pro comp did not have a clue what shaft mounted rocker arms are. There was not one web site that I visited that listed the Pro Comp heads as anything they had the rockers for, and it is too late on Friday to get anyone on the phone. The stud bosses appear to be the same as stock BBC iron heads. Anyone have a clue-Pro Comp does'nt!! :confused: :confused:
Thanks,
Denis Porter
Boat 034 Butterfly
whatever fits the dart pro1's otta fit the procomps too. i'm runnin dart guide plates. if your breaking rockers that often, you've got geometry issues that need to be addressed, somethings wrong. i run crane gold 1.7's and my geometry is as perfect as you can get, not 1 issue banging around this summer at 7000rpms.

fc-pilot
11-09-2007, 07:15 PM
The Pro-Comp (Pro Topline) heads use a different stand than the Pro 1's. We have a set of Jesel rockers on our Pro Topline BBC heads. What do you need to know?
Paul

vdrivedenis
11-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the response. I've had several calls plus some good suggestions. Geometery may be an issue, but I think this is more of an RPM/age related issue. I should have changed the SS rockers years ago. I believe the metal has been fatigued as much as it will stand after years of running. AT 7-7,600 rpm, they were never a problem, but we are hitting them at 8,500-8,900 rpm at this point.
The boat ran a 8.2 at 131mph on seven cylinders, so we are putting a heavy hit on the valve train. By a the time we found the broken rocker, it was to late to start making calls yesterday. I will be gone working all of next week, so this web site was my best weekend information. We will look into the T & D's and the Jessels. One of my racing buddies has offered to hook us up with some parts to try.
Tough weekend at the NJBA, we broke the v drive and cavitation plate hardware also. We need to get this all up and going, as we would like to run New Years Day at CFW. We'd like to see a 140 mph run before we tear it down for the winter-402 BBC on Steroids!!:D :D
Denis

ssmike
11-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi Denis:
I havent seen you since the good ol' days of the CVDCOA events at Lake San Antonio......We have the yellow rayson wood decker (and now a little biesemeyer super stock)
Just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well. I will tell my dad that you are posting on here.
Mike Fairchild

vdrivedenis
11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Mike, Good to hear from you. We missed the opening meet at San Antonio as we were nailing the 402 together that weekend so we could go to Red Bluff. (We blew the 427 the week before.) We missed the closing event at Lake San Antonio, as it was the same weekend as the NJBA meet, and I was high points in the 8.0 class. I need to talk to Brian and Rob next year and make sure that dates do not conflict. I really like to hang with the Vdriver's. If you guys ever need anything while here, I'm only 10 minutes from the lake!!
Denis:D

IMPATIENT 1
11-10-2007, 07:50 PM
The Pro-Comp (Pro Topline) heads use a different stand than the Pro 1's. We have a set of Jesel rockers on our Pro Topline BBC heads. What do you need to know?
Paul
good to know! do you know what'll fit em??
vdrivedennis, so you guys were turnin 8k+rpms with some procomps?? very interesting:D i've taking it easy on mine then:rolleyes:

vdrivedenis
11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Spin that baby!! We probably have close to 100 pulls on the heads. We have inconel valves, titanium retainers and tool room spings-all good so far (cross our fingers that the combination continues!!) Everything will get checked at winter pull down-if I see any problems I will post it. Thanks, Denis:D :D :D