PDA

View Full Version : Need your help

Formula Dude
11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
I am looking to buy a commute car for my son. I have been searching for an Audi A4. I found one on Craigslist. The individual does not have a phone #. The ad description is below with 4 pic's of the car.
Title: Clear VIN Number: WAUDH68D51A130319
Get the Vehicle History Report Fully DetailedTires & Wheels
Wheels
Alloy Wheels Moonroof
Sunroof
Tilt Steering Wheel
Clock
TachometerSecurity System
Keyless Entry
Anti-Lock Brakes
Traction Control System
Heated Seat
Power Equipment
Condition: Used Exterior: Gold
Engine: 2.8L V6 FI DOHC 30V Inspection: -- Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
I sent the individual an email - if the car was still "for sale". 4 hours later, I get this email.
Hello,
I m Payoltes Mardin and i want to thank you for showing interest in my offer, and please excuse me for this late reply.
My car is a 2001 Audi A4 with automatic transmission , at the Price of $4,400.
This car is in showroom condition with no scratches, no accidents. It's in perfect condition and absolutely beautiful!
The car is in almost new condition and has 56000 original miles on odometer.
I am a private seller not a shop and I had (for the moment) the privilege to buy this car for a low cost from a bankrupt store so that you have the opportunity to purchase from me at a great saving from the original price. I bought it along with others in order to make a showroom, but life had another plan for me. My wife was promoted so we had to move to another town and we do not have time to use it anymore.
If you wish to proceed with the transaction email me and i will reply shortly.
Thank you
With all the scams going on, it seems this is one of them. What do you guys think? KBB is $12,350 - $13,450.

Flyinbowtie
11-09-2007, 08:50 PM
It is too good to be true.
Hence, it is not true.
Pure, unadulterated Bullshart.

Rexone
11-09-2007, 08:54 PM
It is too good to be true.
Hence, it is not true.
Pure, unadulterated Bullshart.
I agree. Something bogus there with that kind of price spread.